[Drama 2020] My prettiest moments /When I Was the Prettiest, 내가 가장 예뻤을 때

0ly40

Can it be? Will Ye Ji stay with Jin in the end? I mean it looks like she is going to break up with him in the next episode. Usually when it happens at this stage in a kdrama, a couple gets back together by the end.  I can understand many things, but him staying away for the whole of 7 years and with his ex no less tells me he doesn't love Ye Ji, plus he is trying to keep her away from her mother now, which makes me dislike him to the extreme. 

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jin oh Jin....

Is that really you? Is that really your character or because of your legs or because of 7 years living with Carrie Bates? 

This me, me, me, side of him is sickening.

(@chickfactor sorry I have to borrow this from you, I can't resist this Bates thing, so hilarious!)

The messy trio is bad enough already and now they have to drag Amber into their dark world?

I know Hwan is trying, whatever it is to make the situation better, and including producing a relationship with a woman. But still....

The more Yeji insisting on staying with Jin, tolerating every horrible attitude from him, the more I'm sure, Jin is not where her heart is.

It was with Hwan from day one but she knew it was forbidden.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the impression that I get.

Thus, I see the appearence of Carrie at the end of the episode is necessary. She is downright psycho but probably, she provides all the slap Yeji needs to get to wake up from the nightmares.

4 hours ago, Jayne Nasution said:

Jin oh Jin....

Is that really you? Is that really your character or because of your legs or because of 7 years living with Carrie Bates? 

This me, me, me, side of him is sickening.

(@chickfactor sorry I have to borrow this from you, I can't resist this Bates thing, so hilarious!)

Please enjoy. :)

giphy.gif

Something really needs to happen to Horrible Aunt for me to feel okay with this show. I know I'm in the minority with this concern, but she is so singularly awful that this show just cannot end with nothing bad happening to her. It's not enough that she's an abusive POS, there's just no getting away from her. She keeps hunting down both Ye-Ji and her mom and abusing them and trying to ruin their lives like it's her life's mission. It's really disturbing to watch.

So I really need something to happen to her. It's so weird to me that her husband is so jolly and her daughter is cute and sassy - they seem so normal, can't they see that they're living with a deranged person? They need to hold her accountable somehow. Someone needs to, anyway.

Because the emotional violence she's still subjecting Ye-Ji to is really horrific. Ye-Ji is way more traumatized by being abused by her aunt than she is having watched her father get shot and being close enough that his blood splattered on her face. Maybe Ye-Ji will finally sue her aunt for her inheritance and leave her penniless and begging on the streets. Even then, somehow it would just not be enough.

Also, I'm sorry that I ever thought Jin might be the "noble idiot" trope. His head is way too up his own butt for that.

As far as whether loving your brother's wife is a taboo - yes, it's a taboo. But I feel like this family really lives by their own rules and really gives no F's about what society thinks. Whatever the show did, they did a good job of establishing that.

I know Yeon-Ja (the mom) is a selfish witch, but she owns it. She still amuses me.

Carrie has gone full-tilt cray-cray.

I know Chairman Bang is eeeevil and we're supposed to hate him, but wow, I love this actor. He's like all the Disney villains rolled into one person! That voice! He is freaking hilarious.

I cannot understand a single word Amber says. Her Korean is terrible and her English isn't very good, either. Thank goodness for subtitles. (Also, Girl, he is just not into you.)

Hahaha, it is like watching a train going derailed. There is no joy in that household. But it is like classic example of how this relationship would never work. There is nothing positive in their relationship. They don't have anything to give to each other. And most importantly, they are so different from each other. 

It's like another reason how they say, you can't just stay with someone because of attraction. 

Now the main reason why I'm sticking with the show is because I want to see how Yejin and her mom overcome all the misunderstandings.

Jin makes me sick, Hwan makes me sad, I don't care about MIL, Yeji is....I don't know. Airheaded?

She's so exasperating I almost wish aunty slaps her one more time to put some sense into her.

This drama is so tiring, left me with no energy after watching without me really know where the story goes.

I guess I have thoughts about 12.

Jin has so much baggage. He got himself into quite the pickle. Nutty Chairman Bang is out to takeover his family business all because Jin messed with his mistress? Because he left the racing team? I don't even know anymore.

Crazy Carrie continues her craziness. This whole crazy bunch can just go jump in that lotus pond together.

Father continues to speak all that is good and true. What a decent person and a great performance, too. It can't be easy playing someone who walks on crutches all the time. (So Father will swoop in and save the company, I guess, after his wife messed things up.)

Oh Jin... Jin... such hilarious displays of manipulation and selfishness. Guilt-tripping Ye-Ji when she's angry -

- "I'm a cripple. There is no way you can be sadder than I am, so you have to feel sorry for me."

- "If you leave me, I will give up on my life."

And it's really funny how earnest he is about saying these ridiculous things. Listen to yourself, Jin!

But I think the real kicker was when he was angry AT Carrie for leaving him in the U.S. "You got sick of me and left me." Say what now?

*sigh* I know he suffered a terrible injury so his head is still messed up, but his behavior is no longer even remotely relatable. It takes a special story to make us hate a paralyzed guy in a wheelchair, but they did it somehow.

Attorney Ryu, Ye-Ji's first love. Still sticking around this hot mess family after all these years. Probably should have just married her. How much harder would it have been to deal with his own family's opposition than yoking himself to this mess? (It's like Faulkner, K-drama style.)

I guess the last thing is that we have confirmation of what's been hinted at. Ye-Ji's father is an abusive monster, and that entire sequence was incredibly upsetting to watch.

If Horrible Aunt knew what happened that day - and apparently, she knows enough - there is NO excuse for her to treat Ye-Ji or her mom the way she has. I just don't understand how she can rationalize punishing Ye-Ji, a child at the time, for what happened.

Four episode left, and all I see is a lot of doom ahead:

- Looks like Drama Queen Mom figures out that her two sons are in a love triangle. Lots of screaming, slapping, and throwing stuff ahead. All those ceramic dishes are in danger!

- Looks like Drama Queen Mom also made a deal with Crazy Carrie to give Jin to her in exchange for shares in the company. So that will end well. :huh: (Carrie, please take Jin and go do that psychodrama thing... away from everyone else, please.)

- Amber. Girl, it's not gonna happen.

EVENT : Re-watch Party with the theme Revenge

Chingus, by popular demand we are bringing you a second season of re-watch parties. This time the theme is revenge! Yes, you heard it!

BPcT8.gif

The dramas chosen for this season are:

• Money Flower (2017)
  • Secret (Love) (2013)
  • The Innocent Man (2012)

For more information visit the event thread

re: @Lmangla

4 hours ago, softestfairy said:

If Hwan doesn't end up with Amber I can't fathom the point of her character. He can be miserable by himself. He doesn't need to string a sweet girl along. Literally what's the reason. Ye Ji isn't even jealous. 

The only reason I can think of is to show that he is trying? Not sure whether it's a good enough reason to have her there though. He might end up with her or he might realise that nothing works... I am seriously doubting that he can ever develop proper romantic feelings for Amber, it has been 7 years, long enough to know one's heart.

I'd hate for him to end up with her, because I could never believe he will be happy in those relationships. He should either find another girl, stay alone or try it with Ye Ji if she agreed to it. 

Ye Ji is another lost one, but in a different way, I don't think she has a clue of what's in her own heart. She doesn't live a full life, she is just surviving by sticking to this family, which at this stage is just toxic or at least her relationship with Jin is. She isn't happy with him now, hasn't been for the last 7 years and I am not even sure was 100% satisfied back when they just got married.

When Hwan said he will date other girls and even could marry if she needs. She stopped and knew in heart she doesnt want him to date other girls. But she is stubborn and doesnt listen to her heart. If Hwan ends up with Amber, he will be unhappy. 

On 10/2/2020 at 1:57 AM, MVM said:

The only reason I can think of is to show that he is trying? Not sure whether it's a good enough reason to have her there though. He might end up with her or he might realise that nothing works... I am seriously doubting that he can ever develop proper romantic feelings for Amber, it has been 7 years, long enough to know one's heart.

I'd hate for him to end up with her, because I could never believe he will be happy in those relationships. He should either find another girl, stay alone or try it with Ye Ji if she agreed to it. 

Ye Ji is another lost one, but in a different way, I don't think she has a clue of what's in her own heart. She doesn't live a full life, she is just surviving by sticking to this family, which at this stage is just toxic or at least her relationship with Jin is. She isn't happy with him now, hasn't been for the last 7 years and I am not even sure was 100% satisfied back when they just got married.

Yeah. One thing I am realizing is that JIN is the toxic one. He has LOTS of baggage. And he's the type to use his personal tragedies as an excuse to do whatever he wants or behave badly, which doesn't show great character. Like that mountain-climbing accident. "I'm damaged, so please excuse my bad behavior." His father and brother were there, too, and they were traumatized, too. But they don't use it as a lifetime crutch to make excuses.

And it takes a special amount of callousness to hide from your family for SEVEN years knowing that they must be desperately searching for you. And he wouldn't have even returned except that he was found by chance. That is just a terrible thing he's done and so hurtful to his whole family.

Also do not love how he tried to kick Ye-Ji's mom out of that market after she specifically asked him not to. So basically, he's not a respectful and thoughtful husband, because he's not a respectful or thoughtful person.

One thing about him that he deserves credit for is that he was the only one to tell off Ye-Ji's Horrible Aunt and free Ye-Ji from that nightmare. Attorney Ryu couldn't do it, and I don't think Hwan could have done it, either - especially not when he was a high school student. Almost anything was better for Ye-Ji than staying in that boarding house.

Having said that, it's really must be a special kind of hell to have your husband just go missing for seven years. And their relationship was never really all that solid or healthy. They didn't know each other for long when they married. And even when they were married for that brief time, he was a "weekend husband" who stayed in Seoul on weekdays for work. So they had a cute relationship in the beginning, but it was mostly just newlywed glow and I don't think even now, they truly know each other.

So even if all these heightened factors did not exist (mom convicted for murder, husband paralyzed, love-triangle with brother) - these two people probably would not stay together.

23 hours ago, Firefly said:

When Hwan said he will date other girls and even could marry if she needs. She stopped and knew in heart she doesnt want him to date other girls. But she is stubborn and doesnt listen to her heart. If Hwan ends up with Amber, he will be unhappy. 

which episode was it? :)

Archived