[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Immortality 皓衣行 starring Arthur Chen & Leo Luo

tothestars

On 1/1/2022 at 5:07 AM, Jin_mi said:

Aiya, who is spreading these rumors? I checked NRTA website and no such rule is there.

Also, no license comes with an expiry date. If a drama loses their license, it is shown as revoked on the license. OOL got their license in May 2020 (not sure when they finished filming) and it still shows up as valid in NRTA website. And Twin Mirror just got their license a couple months ago even though the filming has been wrapped up for quite some time. Also, most fantasy/costume dramas take a few months for post production after they finished shooting and then licensing process is quite tedious. If this law was passed, almost no such dramas would be able to air.  

----

Moving on to good news or maybe more of a good omen. LYX official studio posted this for his upcoming dramas in 2022:

Translation:

As Chu Wanning, Chu Xun, Chu Qin

"Sacrifice oneself for the righteousness of the world first, cherish the world and help the common people."

Source: https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4720564755764543 

First long photo.

Thanks for sharing this. Thats a very gud news for all hyx fans. I hope we can get hyx this air. ❤❤

Edited by SC2019
Please do not quote pictures/videos when you reply! TQ.
  • Like 2

• SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Immortality 皓衣行
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Immortality 皓衣行
On 1/1/2022 at 11:17 AM, Jin_mi said:

Chen Feiyu Studio posting HYX too.

Source: https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4720783684797019

First photo.

Today again that article was spreading all over weibo and twitter that live adaption to be ban of dangai. I m really worried now. Pls check this tweet. https://twitter.com/dramapotatoe/status/1479322982652596225

Edited by SC2019
Please do not quote pictures/videos when you reply! TQ.

Soompi Forums Awards (Poll #2): The best streaming dramas, c-dramas, daily/weekend dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now you can also vote for your favorite 2021:

• Daily/weekend dramas
  • C-dramas
  • Streaming dramas (ie dramas that only appeared on streaming sites like Netflix)

milk-and-mocha-cute.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

On 1/16/2022 at 8:03 AM, Deepali Dhyani said:

Do u have any idea about this bl banning thing. 

Last I've heard there was some meeting/conference type of thing of the authorities/reps from the government agencies related to the industry, where some members expressed an opinion these dramas should be banned officially. Also they say many original stories the bl dramas are based on are taken down from the sites they were posted on. 

So, seems like there is  still no info from the positive side of things. May be someone here knows more  re the matter since I do not speak Mandarin and could have missed smth.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Last I've heard there was some meeting/conference type of thing of the authorities/reps from the government agencies related to the industry, where some members expressed an opinion these dramas should be banned officially. Also they say many original stories the bl dramas are based on are taken down from the sites they were posted on. 

So, seems like there is  still no info from the positive side of things. May be someone here knows more  re the matter since I do not speak Mandarin and could have missed smth.

That meeting was last year before new NRTA rules came into affect. This one was just a meeting that recapped the actions taken in 2021. No new bans or anything like that. 

Also, that short SVSSS rip off dangai that Tencent had posted trailer for aired on BTV finally.

Lastly, BLs have been banned since Addicted. Dangais...aka BL novel adaptations into bromance or whatever is what's made and despite the negative articles in the news, NRTA/SARFT has continued to give airing licenses to these dramas (ZGA in September, Bat in November and I believe Saye in December. SPL's NRTA license is also valid. It would be revoked if dangai was banned. Same for HYX and their SARFT license.) and companies have continued to film (Tencent was quietly filming a dangai in late 2021 too and we had TGCF as well that just wrapped up filming). The situation isn't as grim. Don't worry. HYX will air.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

23 minutes ago, Jin_mi said:

That meeting was last year before new NRTA rules came into affect. This one was just a meeting that recapped the actions taken in 2021. No new bans or anything like that. 

Also, that short SVSSS rip off dangai that Tencent had posted trailer for aired on BTV finally.

Lastly, BLs have been banned since Addicted. Dangais...aka BL novel adaptations into bromance or whatever is what's made and despite the negative articles in the news, NRTA/SARFT has continued to give airing licenses to these dramas (ZGA in September, Bat in November and I believe Saye in December. SPL's NRTA license is also valid. It would be revoked if dangai was banned. Same for HYX and their SARFT license.) and companies have continued to film (Tencent was quietly filming a dangai in late 2021 too and we had TGCF as well that just wrapped up filming). The situation isn't as grim. Don't worry. HYX will air.

Thank so much. Finally relieved. Because now so many rumours are spreading about hyx script leaked change into bg because bl is ban. They will change the story etc etc so many worst things. Why rumours about hyx only not any other dangai.

Edited by Deepali Dhyani

12 hours ago, Deepali Dhyani said:

Thank so much. Finally relieved. Because now so many rumours are spreading about hyx script leaked change into bg because bl is ban. They will change the story etc etc so many worst things. Why rumours about hyx only not any other dangai.

Because HYX is a highly anticipated drama and the industry reviews were very positive with high praise for the plot and production. Also , 2ha is the third most popular danmei and has a very polarizing reaction among the people. Some love it and some absolutely hate it due to its controversial themes. There's also actor antis. Feiyu and Yunxi both have the most paid antis on weibo so they live to make trouble. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jin_mi said:

Because HYX is a highly anticipated drama and the industry reviews were very positive with high praise for the plot and production. Also , 2ha is the third most popular danmei and has a very polarizing reaction among the people. Some love it and some absolutely hate it due to its controversial themes. There's also actor antis. Feiyu and Yunxi both have the most paid antis on weibo so they live to make trouble. 

What? They have a lot of antis? That's so sad to hear since I absolutely adore these two. I was so shocked when I found out who they casted for this series. I literally giggled for like a good 10 minutes, and I've been collecting every photo I could find of them in costume for this series.

Thanks for the information you have shared so far, please do keep us updated when you hear more. :7555_attack:

38 minutes ago, Jin_mi said:

U r right they both have most paid antis on weibo this time. Will this impact on hyx airing. I just hope to watch hyx this year.

7 hours ago, delightful said:

What? They have a lot of antis? That's so sad to hear since I absolutely adore these two. I was so shocked when I found out who they casted for this series. I literally giggled for like a good 10 minutes, and I've been collecting every photo I could find of them in costume for this series.

Thanks for the information you have shared so far, please do keep us updated when you hear more. :7555_attack:

Yunxi at least has a strong, dedicated fandom. Feiyu doesn't yet so his antis are brutal. I dislike going on his tag on weibo the most. He gets blamed and hated for so much. Idk if you have seen that bts leak from HYX where Moran and Wanning are fighting. They pulled Luo Yunxi back too hard and he fell. Chen Feiyu got blamed for even that even though he didn't do anything and even ran to Yunxi to help him up. Still, he became a target for antis that he was disrespecting a senior >.> It's RickRoll'D up really. 

No worries. I will. The only stuff I have right now is that Tencent is supposed to release 2 more dramas this month. There is speculation that one might be HYX but no confirmation of anything.

20220114_074443.jpg?width=839&height=580

2 hours ago, Jin_mi said:

Yunxi at least has a strong, dedicated fandom. Feiyu doesn't yet so his antis are brutal. I dislike going on his tag on weibo the most. He gets blamed and hated for so much. Idk if you have seen that bts leak from HYX where Moran and Wanning are fighting. They pulled Luo Yunxi back too hard and he fell. Chen Feiyu got blamed for even that even though he didn't do anything and even ran to Yunxi to help him up. Still, he became a target for antis that he was disrespecting a senior >.> It's RickRoll'D up really. 

No worries. I will. The only stuff I have right now is that Tencent is supposed to release 2 more dramas this month. There is speculation that one might be HYX but no confirmation of anything.

What in the world?! Yes, I saw that bts and Feiyu was NO WHERE near Yunxi! They were fighting  but he wasn't even touching Yunxi. It was the wires that pulled him too fast/strong or the timing was wrong. And Feiyu literally dropped his weapon and ran over to Yunxi! How could anyone blame Feiyu for that? If they want to blame someone it should be the stunt team or the people working the wires. I need that stick from the Sage in Ever Night, the one he used to keep Pipi's dad from stepping on land. These antis are so blind. 

:fear:

If Tencent releases this drama this month then 2022 will be a good start for me. To get Immortality in January and then another series I'm waiting for will be released in February. Yay!!!!

• LOL 1

16 minutes ago, delightful said:

What in the world?! Yes, I saw that bts and Feiyu was NO WHERE near Yunxi! They were fighting  but he wasn't even touching Yunxi. It was the wires that pulled him too fast/strong or the timing was wrong. And Feiyu literally dropped his weapon and ran over to Yunxi! How could anyone blame Feiyu for that? If they want to blame someone it should be the stunt team or the people working the wires. I need that stick from the Sage in Ever Night, the one he used to keep Pipi's dad from stepping on land. These antis are so blind. 

:fear:

If Tencent releases this drama this month then 2022 will be a good start for me. To get Immortality in January and then another series I'm waiting for will be released in February. Yay!!!!

btw your username sounds familiar. Are you a returning member? Creator of the pinkmilk forums?

48 minutes ago, Jin_mi said:

btw your username sounds familiar. Are you a returning member? Creator of the pinkmilk forums?

Yeah, my username was deleted because I've been away from Soompi for a long time. I kind of gave up on Chinese series after I watched a few bad ones during the same time I was subbing SOTUS. Then I found Word of Honor and then other Chinese BL themed series. I was so happy to see them but then the Chinese authorities got involved and is making my life hard. I want my Immortality and the other BL themed series. It's hard for me to find anything I like nowadays. 

On 1/19/2022 at 5:28 AM, Jin_mi said:

20220114_074443.jpg?width=839&height=580

Just hope tc to air hyx to air. Really tired of all the rumours. There is no official info from the start. Again melons are active and spreading those old rumours again about hyx. Saye also got license. All dangai got their license.  But noone is airing them. Is there still some tension around this genre. 

3 hours ago, Deepali Dhyani said:

Just hope tc to air hyx to air. Really tired of all the rumours. There is no official info from the start. Again melons are active and spreading those old rumours again about hyx. Saye also got license. All dangai got their license.  But noone is airing them. Is there still some tension around this genre. 

Do they get their license after the series has been viewed by the board and it's approved for airing as is or do they get the license then have to go thru the board and be told what is 'inappropriate' and need to be edited?

I feel like the directors are in a tight spot, they can't go overboard with the 'bromance' because of the authorities, but they also cannot turn it into a male-female couple lead since the fans will come after them. 

53 minutes ago, delightful said:

Do they get their license after the series has been viewed by the board and it's approved for airing as is or do they get the license then have to go thru the board and be told what is 'inappropriate' and need to be edited?

I feel like the directors are in a tight spot, they can't go overboard with the 'bromance' because of the authorities, but they also cannot turn it into a male-female couple lead since the fans will come after them. 

They have their license which is still valid. Someone already checked weibo. They cannot edit anything. I guess they are waiting for the right time to air hyx. There is no ban on dangai too

On 1/18/2022 at 10:39 PM, delightful said:

Yeah, my username was deleted because I've been away from Soompi for a long time. I kind of gave up on Chinese series after I watched a few bad ones during the same time I was subbing SOTUS. Then I found Word of Honor and then other Chinese BL themed series. I was so happy to see them but then the Chinese authorities got involved and is making my life hard. I want my Immortality and the other BL themed series. It's hard for me to find anything I like nowadays. 

Girl!!!!! I did the banner for pinkmilk forums. I forgot what my username was at that time. I changed it some time ago. Jaelephy I think. Not sure.

Have you watched Bad Buddy? It's a Thai series but you might like it. It their best series so far imo. Chemistry is even better than Sotus!