[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Immortality 皓衣行 starring Arthur Chen & Leo Luo

tothestars

2 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Ye, that's totally fine when such relationships are shown in BG pairing, no one is complaining on such dramas, ha? :mellow:

Overall, it makes me sad so much work of everyone involved is just thrown in garbage... no respect at all...

I find it hilarious, to be honest. THIS is their problem? The novel has multiple scenes of rape (done by the MC), sex acts, violence (deep-fried empress, steamed consort - done by the MC), prostitute characters (the MC used to visit male prostitutes) etc. and THIS is what they are most concerned about? They are either absolutely braindead or trolls. :spitswater:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 1:58 PM, bluehibiscus said:

The web novel is no longer available for subscription at the official channel due to irresistible factors (most likely national policy). Others that have met the same fate:

All of MXTX’s novels

Some of Priest’s novels

Two of Mu Gua Huang’s novels

Oh my! That's sad!

I love Chinese novels and I haven't even started with Priest yet.

Hopefully, policies will change sooner rather than later. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2021 at 11:59 PM, rabbit_casa said:

Online news said the producers may change the storyline to reduce skinship between the 2 MLs and introduce some romance with other actresses in the series so that it can obtain the license. But personally I think it would twist the story in the huge way.

They won't make any changes. Those are yxh account rumors. Haoyixing has their distribution license since February 2021. Making changes means they will have to go through the process again, which is idiotic. Also, I can confirm that according to lists published by SARFT until October 2021, HYX hasn't filed for any changes, which is something they need to do before they can change anything in the drama. 

On 9/18/2021 at 9:43 AM, leo2020 said:

Wow, seems like they are really determined to push it through to the screen at any cost (literally). That's, however, understandable, since I heard it is Tencent most expensive drama ever.

But an easy job it is not...The creators would need to be able to gather them all again, and this definitely will take time to combine everyone's busy schedule... I wonder if they might create additional characters,  or use the ones they already have. And I already could image thousands of outraged fans swearing and spilling curses all over net :eats2:.

Then there will be post-production, CGI (?), etc...So no drama till mid 2022 ???...

This is not the most expensive drama. Ancient Love Poetry, Golden Hairpin and many other BG dramas have almost double the rumored HYX budget. It's the most expensive for a BL.

And yes, there are some original characters in the drama. They expanded the BBB storyline a little to better show their plight. They created Song Xing Yi, Fan Lou, and Lu Qiao. Song Xing Yi is BBB and somehow important to HBN but the exact roles of these people I am not sure of. 

On 10/8/2021 at 4:37 AM, 44ko said:

I find it hilarious, to be honest. THIS is their problem? The novel has multiple scenes of rape (done by the MC), sex acts, violence (deep-fried empress, steamed consort - done by the MC), prostitute characters (the MC used to visit male prostitutes) etc. and THIS is what they are most concerned about? They are either absolutely braindead or trolls. :spitswater:

China doesn't care about all that. BG novels have more objectionable content than danmei novels and none of them are locked. 

Anyway, don't worry too much. ZGA got it's license in September; so they aren't against dangais completely or they won't have given ZGA the license. SPL has their NRTA license aka for TV broadcast, which hasn't been revoked or anything. HYX has their SARFT license; again still valid. TGCF is still shooting, which would be stupid unless iQiyi was confident they could air it. 

On 11/22/2021 at 8:38 AM, Jin_mi said:

Anyway, don't worry too much. ZGA got it's license in September; so they aren't against dangais completely or they won't have given ZGA the license. SPL has their NRTA license aka for TV broadcast, which hasn't been revoked or anything. HYX has their SARFT license; again still valid. TGCF is still shooting, which would be stupid unless iQiyi was confident they could air it. 

Is the licensing confirmed news? I've personally never heard of anything about this, I wonder where the sources are from.

Hopefully they're just keeping it subtle and waiting it out so the chaos dies down a bit, esp since they have the licensing, whether it be 2022 or 2023.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2021 at 1:08 AM, Jin_mi said:

They won't make any changes. Those are yxh account rumors. Haoyixing has their distribution license since February 2021. Making changes means they will have to go through the process again, which is idiotic. Also, I can confirm that according to lists published by SARFT until October 2021, HYX hasn't filed for any changes, which is something they need to do before they can change anything in the drama. 

This is not the most expensive drama. Ancient Love Poetry, Golden Hairpin and many other BG dramas have almost double the rumored HYX budget. It's the most expensive for a BL.

And yes, there are some original characters in the drama. They expanded the BBB storyline a little to better show their plight. They created Song Xing Yi, Fan Lou, and Lu Qiao. Song Xing Yi is BBB and somehow important to HBN but the exact roles of these people I am not sure of. 

China doesn't care about all that. BG novels have more objectionable content than danmei novels and none of them are locked. 

Thankyou for your info. But i m afraid. There r so many rumours. about hyx. Someone mentioned that tencent deleted hyx related post from their platform even from we tv. Dont even know why they are doing this. Waited for so long but still no info. 

1 minute ago, Deepali Dhyani said:

Thankyou for your info. But i m afraid. There r so many rumours. about hyx. Someone mentioned that tencent deleted hyx related post from their platform even from we tv. Dont even know why they are doing this. Waited for so long but still no info.  They even locked danmei novels.

On 11/27/2021 at 9:32 AM, XiaoLi Li said:

Is the licensing confirmed news? I've personally never heard of anything about this, I wonder where the sources are from.

Hopefully they're just keeping it subtle and waiting it out so the chaos dies down a bit, esp since they have the licensing, whether it be 2022 or 2023.

Yes. HYX was on SARFT license list for February and Q1. You can only look at the recent lists or you need a state login for the old ones. However, they always publish any changes made to the series and licenses. I have been keeping any eye on these since April. 

The below is a screenshot from February list and HYX license is highlighted. There are multiple screenshots that were taken by the fandom on weibo when the list was released.:

spacer.png

ZGA was on their September list but as I am not a fan, I never saved the screenshot but I am sure it's available on weibo. At the moment, I can only search up November lists since I don't have a login.

spacer.png[

SPL is NRTA license. Searchable on their website:

spacer.png

spacer.png

NRTA license actually means TV broadcast, which is huge for a dangai. Also, if they were against dangai, this would have been revoked. (CQL NRTA license was revoked when the whole stuff with XZ happened)

On 12/12/2021 at 10:13 AM, Deepali Dhyani said:

Thankyou for your info. But i m afraid. There r so many rumours. about hyx. Someone mentioned that tencent deleted hyx related post from their platform even from we tv. Dont even know why they are doing this. Waited for so long but still no info. 

Okay, I can tell you all why Tencent is being so cautious. Whether you believe this or not is up to you. Back when WOH got popular, their marketing team bought a malexmale wedding trend that topped xianjin cotton trend on weibo and caught the attention of CCP. If you have being following politics, you should know how big the xianjin cotton issue is. The next day aka April 8, the public newspapers dissed dangais, which is why HYX was initially postponed because the party's sentiment towards the genre were very bad at that time. I do think Tencent was planning to release in August since their post on LYX's birthday and KFC's product release. However, the whole KW and ZZH thing happened. It didn't help either that CCP launched the qinglang thing, making it hard to release any traffic dramas, which is why Oath of Love was delayed too. HYX is not only a dangai but has also been one of the most anticipated drama of 2021. It literally was in top 5 of the list every week and can be considered a traffic drama. So, it's even trickier for it to be released. It's also an S+ drama for Tencent and hence, it's not weird that they are trying to keep it on the downlow. 

I do think Tencent is trying to test waters though. Tencent posed a trailer for a dangai on their weibo page that was supposed to come out on December 3rd but never did. 2ha fans flooded their comments asking about HYX and they ended up deleting the trailer. It's clear that there is some tension around the genre but Tencent is definitely trying. So, don't lose hope.

Also, I don't think they would ban dangai because CCP doesn't need to be subtle. If they wanted to ban it, they would have straight out banned the genre like they did with BL when Addicted got popular. Don't pay too much attention to rumors. They are there to get reactions. What's happening with dangai also happened with xianxia dramas a couple years ago and as far as I can tell, xianxia dramas are still going strong. Relax and wait for HYX. It will broadcast without issues. 

Finally, waiting for dramas comes with being a c-drama fan. I waited like 5 years for Wolf, 2 or so years for Ancient Love Poetry, waiting for almost 2.5 years for Oath of Love etc. BG / BL or whatever...wait is inevitable :D

-------------------------------------------------------

Btw. This was the series Tencent was trying to release on 12.03. It's only a part of the trailer. 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Nq4y1r76W?p=1&share_medium=iphone&share_plat=ios&share_session_id=A717B277-8A0F-4EAA-9EB7-B1F07E7D9AE4&share_source=COPY&share_tag=s_i&timestamp=1637761962&unique_k=cMh83XG

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jin_mi said:

Yes. HYX was on SARFT license list for February and Q1. You can only look at the recent lists or you need a state login for the old ones. However, they always publish any changes made to the series and licenses. I have been keeping any eye on these since April. 

The below is a screenshot from February list and HYX license is highlighted. There are multiple screenshots that were taken by the fandom on weibo when the list was released.:

spacer.png

ZGA was on their September list but as I am not a fan, I never saved the screenshot but I am sure it's available on weibo. At the moment, I can only search up November lists since I don't have a login.

spacer.png[

SPL is NRTA license. Searchable on their website:

spacer.png

spacer.png

NRTA license actually means TV broadcast, which is huge for a dangai. Also, if they were against dangai, this would have been revoked. (CQL NRTA license was revoked when the whole stuff with XZ happened)

Okay, I can tell you all why Tencent is being so cautious. Whether you believe this or not is up to you. Back when WOH got popular, their marketing team bought a malexmale wedding trend that topped xianjin cotton trend on weibo and caught the attention of CCP. If you have being following politics, you should know how big the xianjin cotton issue is. The next day aka April 8, the public newspapers dissed dangais, which is why HYX was initially postponed because the party's sentiment towards the genre were very bad at that time. I do think Tencent was planning to release in August since their post on LYX's birthday and KFC's product release. However, the whole KW and ZZH thing happened. It didn't help either that CCP launched the qinglang thing, making it hard to release any traffic dramas, which is why Oath of Love was delayed too. HYX is not only a dangai but has also been one of the most anticipated drama of 2021. It literally was in top 5 of the list every week and can be considered a traffic drama. So, it's even trickier for it to be released. It's also an S+ drama for Tencent and hence, it's not weird that they are trying to keep it on the downlow. 

I do think Tencent is trying to test waters though. Tencent posed a trailer for a dangai on their weibo page that was supposed to come out on December 3rd but never did. 2ha fans flooded their comments asking about HYX and they ended up deleting the trailer. It's clear that there is some tension around the genre but Tencent is definitely trying. So, don't lose hope.

Also, I don't think they would ban dangai because CCP doesn't need to be subtle. If they wanted to ban it, they would have straight out banned the genre like they did with BL when Addicted got popular. Don't pay too much attention to rumors. They are there to get reactions. What's happening with dangai also happened with xianxia dramas a couple years ago and as far as I can tell, xianxia dramas are still going strong. Relax and wait for HYX. It will broadcast without issues. 

Finally, waiting for dramas comes with being a c-drama fan. I waited like 5 years for Wolf, 2 or so years for Ancient Love Poetry, waiting for almost 2.5 years for Oath of Love etc. BG / BL or whatever...wait is inevitable :D

-------------------------------------------------------

Btw. This was the series Tencent was trying to release on 12.03. It's only a part of the trailer. 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Nq4y1r76W?p=1&share_medium=iphone&share_plat=ios&share_session_id=A717B277-8A0F-4EAA-9EB7-B1F07E7D9AE4&share_source=COPY&share_tag=s_i&timestamp=1637761962&unique_k=cMh83XG

Thanku so much for sharing this valuable information. Actually i m a chinese bl drama fan not bg drama fan. I love their bl genre because of the plot story and acting. I love 2ha novel thats the reason i just want hyx to air soon. Lyx and cfy both r luking so beautiful and handsome perfect ranwan. I just hope tencent can air hyx next year

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deepali Dhyani said:

Thanku so much for sharing this valuable information. Actually i m a chinese bl drama fan not bg drama fan. I love their bl genre because of the plot story and acting. I love 2ha novel thats the reason i just want hyx to air soon. Lyx and cfy both r luking so beautiful and handsome perfect ranwan. I just hope tencent can air hyx next year

Anytime. I am a long time c-drama fan so trust me, delays are common. The timelines have gotten better since 2017 but it's still there. 

Same. I am a 2ha novel fan along with some other novels that are in various stages of production right now. Hopefully, we will see the drama soon :D

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jin_mi said:

Anytime. I am a long time c-drama fan so trust me, delays are common. The timelines have gotten better since 2017 but it's still there. 

Same. I am a 2ha novel fan along with some other novels that are in various stages of production right now. Hopefully, we will see the drama soon :D

Yeah just hope we all can watch hyx next year. I really love their dangai dramas. Along with hyx i m waiting for spl as well. Dont know why but i tried to watch their bgs but everytime i just dropped all the dramas in between. Their actresses are really not so gud in acting and no story same plot but dangais awesome acting best plot acting everything perfect.

11 hours ago, Deepali Dhyani said:

Yeah just hope we all can watch hyx next year. I really love their dangai dramas. Along with hyx i m waiting for spl as well. Dont know why but i tried to watch their bgs but everytime i just dropped all the dramas in between. Their actresses are really not so gud in acting and no story same plot but dangais awesome acting best plot acting everything perfect.

SPL might be longer because it's NRTA license which means they need to coordinate with a TV channel and that can be tedious at times.

I actually would differ on that. Dangais don't actually have the best actors because most actors are pretty new to the profession and their acting is very wooden or exaggerated. And the stories are frankly repetitive throughout the fantasy/xianxia/wuxia genre. All that rebirth, transmigration, going back in time, good but misunderstood as bad, multiple lives etc. Nothing is original. I guess it's just a matter of interest. Personally for me, no dangai has yet surpassed dramas like Three Lives, Love and Redemption, Romance of Tiger and Rose etc. 

1 hour ago, Jin_mi said:

SPL might be longer because it's NRTA license which means they need to coordinate with a TV channel and that can be tedious at times.

I actually would differ on that. Dangais don't actually have the best actors because most actors are pretty new to the profession and their acting is very wooden or exaggerated. And the stories are frankly repetitive throughout the fantasy/xianxia/wuxia genre. All that rebirth, transmigration, going back in time, good but misunderstood as bad, multiple lives etc. Nothing is original. I guess it's just a matter of interest. Personally for me, no dangai has yet surpassed dramas like Three Lives, Love and Redemption, Romance of Tiger and Rose etc. 

Ohh spl has nrta license. Actually i love 2ha novel thats why i m interested in hyx live action plus the two  leads are really perfect for ranwan. I really dont know when we will able to get hyx. We are getting only rumours about hyx from the start. Its luk like real hyx fans even not active now on weibo. All are tired now of waiting:(

On 12/17/2021 at 10:34 PM, Deepali Dhyani said:

Ohh spl has nrta license. Actually i love 2ha novel thats why i m interested in hyx live action plus the two  leads are really perfect for ranwan. I really dont know when we will able to get hyx. We are getting only rumours about hyx from the start. Its luk like real hyx fans even not active now on weibo. All are tired now of waiting:(

I only follow few people on weibo and am in some wechat groups. They are all active but yes, they do keep it on the dl because they don't want HYX to trend or catch attention. Also, both LYX and CFY are shooting for their new drama so their fans are following that right now. 

3 hours ago, Jin_mi said:

I only follow few people on weibo and am in some wechat groups. They are all active but yes, they do keep it on the dl because they don't want HYX to trend or catch attention. Also, both LYX and CFY are shooting for their new drama so their fans are following that right now. 

I m not their fan just a novel fan. Thats why i m just following hyx. I m not following lyx and cfy. I m waiting for hyx just because of novel. I know hyx fans are huge but right now all are not so active. Thanks dear for sharing so many info about hyx.

On 12/21/2021 at 7:57 AM, Jin_mi said:

I heard today that they passed new policy in which they need to air drama within a year after they finished shooting other wise they need to apply for license again. I m worried for hyx now. Could u pls check if they need to also reapply for licence.

1 hour ago, Deepali Dhyani said:

they passed new policy in which they need to air drama within a year after they finished

:crazymad:that's crazy. Dramas postpone airing for a number of reasons...Why would they need to renew the license if the drama has no changes? It's like to ask an invalide without arm or leg to pass a health commission yearly in order to renew his invalide status. As if smth would change... :(

7 hours ago, leo2020 said:

:crazymad:that's crazy. Dramas postpone airing for a number of reasons...Why would they need to renew the license if the drama has no changes? It's like to ask an invalide without arm or leg to pass a health commission yearly in order to renew his invalide status. As if smth would change... :(

I have checked there is no such information. Someone on twiter spread this rumor. There are so many dramas this year which actually not able to air. Hyx has their license still valid. Thanks for your reply.

• Insightful 1

On 12/26/2021 at 12:22 PM, Deepali Dhyani said:

I heard today that they passed new policy in which they need to air drama within a year after they finished shooting other wise they need to apply for license again. I m worried for hyx now. Could u pls check if they need to also reapply for licence.

Aiya, who is spreading these rumors? I checked NRTA website and no such rule is there.

Also, no license comes with an expiry date. If a drama loses their license, it is shown as revoked on the license. OOL got their license in May 2020 (not sure when they finished filming) and it still shows up as valid in NRTA website. And Twin Mirror just got their license a couple months ago even though the filming has been wrapped up for quite some time. Also, most fantasy/costume dramas take a few months for post production after they finished shooting and then licensing process is quite tedious. If this law was passed, almost no such dramas would be able to air.  

----

Moving on to good news or maybe more of a good omen. LYX official studio posted this for his upcoming dramas in 2022:

Translation:

As Chu Wanning, Chu Xun, Chu Qin

"Sacrifice oneself for the righteousness of the world first, cherish the world and help the common people."

FH7-WttakAIM1cQ?format=jpg&name=large

Source: https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4720564755764543 

First long photo.

• Like 2