[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Immortality 皓衣行

tothestars

7 hours ago, leo2020 said:

OK, thanks a lot for the info :wub: I was sooo looking forward for this drama, and am very sad :confused:.

Online news said the producers may change the storyline to reduce skinship between the 2 MLs and introduce some romance with other actresses in the series so that it can obtain the license. But personally I think it would twist the story in the huge way.

• Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

9 hours ago, rabbit_casa said:

Online news said the producers may change the storyline to reduce skinship between the 2 MLs and introduce some romance with other actresses in the series so that it can obtain the license. But personally I think it would twist the story in the huge 

Wow, seems like they are really determined to push it through to the screen at any cost (literally). That's, however, understandable, since I heard it is Tencent most expensive drama ever.

But an easy job it is not...The creators would need to be able to gather them all again, and this definitely will take time to combine everyone's busy schedule... I wonder if they might create additional characters,  or use the ones they already have. And I already could image thousands of outraged fans swearing and spilling curses all over net :eats2:.

Then there will be post-production, CGI (?), etc...So no drama till mid 2022 ???...

2 minutes ago, leo2020 said:

Then there will be post-production, CGI (?), etc...So no drama till mid 2022 ???...

Will be a long while, who knows when we will see it. But then I'm afraid it will be a patched up job. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, rabbit_casa said:

Will be a long while, who knows when we will see it. But then I'm afraid it will be a patched up job. 

I suppose,  in case the news are true, for the production company it is now about financial damage control/ damage reduction. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking forward to seeing how they would adapt the novel but once again policies and censorship get in the way. The attention the drama adaption has drawn to the novel (immature fans reporting the drama for promoting teacher-student relationship because they didn’t like the female character etc) and the author is not a good thing. Their G is doing major cleansing. I wouldn’t be surprised if the novel becomes unavailable in future.

• Shocked 1

11 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

teacher-student relationship

Ye, that's totally fine when such relationships are shown in BG pairing, no one is complaining on such dramas, ha? :mellow:

Overall, it makes me sad so much work of everyone involved is just thrown in garbage... no respect at all...

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Ye, that's totally fine when such relationships are shown in BG pairing, no one is complaining on such dramas, ha? :mellow:

Overall, it makes me sad so much work of everyone involved is just thrown in garbage... no respect at all...

I find it hilarious, to be honest. THIS is their problem? The novel has multiple scenes of rape (done by the MC), sex acts, violence (deep-fried empress, steamed consort - done by the MC), prostitute characters (the MC used to visit male prostitutes) etc. and THIS is what they are most concerned about? They are either absolutely braindead or trolls. :spitswater:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The web novel is no longer available for subscription at the official channel due to irresistible factors (most likely national policy). Others that have met the same fate:

All of MXTX’s novels

Some of Priest’s novels

Two of Mu Gua Huang’s novels

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 2

On 11/4/2021 at 1:58 PM, bluehibiscus said:

The web novel is no longer available for subscription at the official channel due to irresistible factors (most likely national policy). Others that have met the same fate:

All of MXTX’s novels

Some of Priest’s novels

Two of Mu Gua Huang’s novels

Oh my! That's sad!

I love Chinese novels and I haven't even started with Priest yet.

Hopefully, policies will change sooner rather than later. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2021 at 11:59 PM, rabbit_casa said:

Online news said the producers may change the storyline to reduce skinship between the 2 MLs and introduce some romance with other actresses in the series so that it can obtain the license. But personally I think it would twist the story in the huge way.

They won't make any changes. Those are yxh account rumors. Haoyixing has their distribution license since February 2021. Making changes means they will have to go through the process again, which is idiotic. Also, I can confirm that according to lists published by SARFT until October 2021, HYX hasn't filed for any changes, which is something they need to do before they can change anything in the drama. 

On 9/18/2021 at 9:43 AM, leo2020 said:

Wow, seems like they are really determined to push it through to the screen at any cost (literally). That's, however, understandable, since I heard it is Tencent most expensive drama ever.

But an easy job it is not...The creators would need to be able to gather them all again, and this definitely will take time to combine everyone's busy schedule... I wonder if they might create additional characters,  or use the ones they already have. And I already could image thousands of outraged fans swearing and spilling curses all over net :eats2:.

This is not the most expensive drama. Ancient Love Poetry, Golden Hairpin and many other BG dramas have almost double the rumored HYX budget. It's the most expensive for a BL.

And yes, there are some original characters in the drama. They expanded the BBB storyline a little to better show their plight. They created Song Xing Yi, Fan Lou, and Lu Qiao. Song Xing Yi is BBB and somehow important to HBN but the exact roles of these people I am not sure of. 

On 10/8/2021 at 4:37 AM, 44ko said:

I find it hilarious, to be honest. THIS is their problem? The novel has multiple scenes of rape (done by the MC), sex acts, violence (deep-fried empress, steamed consort - done by the MC), prostitute characters (the MC used to visit male prostitutes) etc. and THIS is what they are most concerned about? They are either absolutely braindead or trolls. :spitswater:

China doesn't care about all that. BG novels have more objectionable content than danmei novels and none of them are locked. 

Anyway, don't worry too much. ZGA got it's license in September; so they aren't against dangais completely or they won't have given ZGA the license. SPL has their NRTA license aka for TV broadcast, which hasn't been revoked or anything. HYX has their SARFT license; again still valid. TGCF is still shooting, which would be stupid unless iQiyi was confident they could air it. 

On 11/22/2021 at 8:38 AM, Jin_mi said:

Anyway, don't worry too much. ZGA got it's license in September; so they aren't against dangais completely or they won't have given ZGA the license. SPL has their NRTA license aka for TV broadcast, which hasn't been revoked or anything. HYX has their SARFT license; again still valid. TGCF is still shooting, which would be stupid unless iQiyi was confident they could air it. 

Is the licensing confirmed news? I've personally never heard of anything about this, I wonder where the sources are from.

Hopefully they're just keeping it subtle and waiting it out so the chaos dies down a bit, esp since they have the licensing, whether it be 2022 or 2023.