[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Immortality 皓衣行 starring Arthur Chen & Leo Luo

tothestars

rgBlg_4f.jpg

cr mydramalist

Details:

Chinese title: 皓衣行 /  Hàoyī Xíng
English title: Immortality

Genre: XanXia

Episodes: 50

Director: Sam Ho, Nelson Chau

Broadcast Period: 2022 

Cast:

Chen FeiYu / 陈飞宇 as MoRan / 墨燃

(Courtesy Name: Mo Weiyu (Chinese: 墨微雨))

Chu Wanning's third and final disciple. After a fortuitous encounter, Mo Ran comes under the influence of a new piece of information that enters his memory. He becomes an immoral and murderous ruler after being influenced by the demon’s flower, which leads him to dislike and rebel against his master. He decides to take responsibility for his actions after being resurrected in a parallel universe.

Leo Luo YunXi  / 罗云熙 as Chu Wanning / 楚晚宁

A cultivation master who hides his warm and sensitive nature behind a cold and distant personality. He takes it upon himself to protect the people and rid the world of evil even if it means sacrificing himself.

Synopsis:

The story is set in a tumultuous era where the world is facing a probable invasion by the demon world due to a rift in the heavens. The world's most powerful grandmaster Chu Wanning did not forget his original intention of joining the world to help the Dao cultivation, sets out on a mission to protect the beings of the world. He uses his abilities to prevent the heavens from splitting and at the same time, his compassion and love influences his misguided disciple Mo Ran to return to the righteous path he has strayed from. Chu Wanning also successfully imparts the value of putting the greater good before personal desires to Mo Ran. In the end, the pair of teacher and disciple forgo their lives and work together with the rest of the cultivating heroes to stop the villains' conspiracy and protect the world.

Cr: Wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immortality_(TV_series))

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

Coming soon...

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Novel this drama is based on - http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=3192481 (known as 二哈和他的白猫师尊, Dumb Husky and His White Cat Shizun).
English translation: https://2hatl.carrd.co

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

Please report issues to @SC2019

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, angelangie said:

some of the leak photos during their costumes dress up photoshoot together

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!:heart: I'm EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leo looks so good in his white Shizun costume, and Arthur looks good in his MR's costume too^^.

Look at Shuizun, he looks so Godly and mighty! Hopefully we get to see it in 2021!

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i guess some said this is leak on purpose

He's wearing a crown, I wonder if this is TaXian Jun!!?

3 minutes ago, angelangie said:

Comparison in between the manga styles characters again the actual actors, what u guys think?

Totally spot on!! The production team is paying a good attention to the outfits and hair-do:wub:

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, tothestars said:

I havent read the novel nor watched the manga, so the novel is very good because of the BL or the story it self is strong? Or else? Please enlight me...:)

The novel is very good because of the plot and also the BL^^. It's quite long, like 300-ish chapters, but I read it and it went by fast. The plot is good, and the development was done well so it was never too boring. If you like the Untamed, you might like Immortality. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

9 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

The novel is very good because of the plot and also the BL^^. It's quite long, like 300-ish chapters, but I read it and it went by fast. The plot is good, and the development was done well so it was never too boring. If you like the Untamed, you might like Immortality. 

I love The Untamed, although i havent read the novel as well, WYB n XZ chemistry is very good for bromance, but somehow after i watched The Sleuth of Ming Dynasty, which also adaptation from a BL novel, i switched to prefer that one, but i think The Sleuth is more on friendship brotherhood instead of bromance right? I really like the Untamed, but dont like the afterward effect for WYB n XZ, so many adultery photoshopped images for them. Oh well.

The Untamed is more a tragic story, so immortality also tragic? Sad ending? Plz dont.

7 minutes ago, tothestars said:

I love The Untamed, although i havent read the novel as well, WYB n XZ chemistry is very good for bromance, but somehow after i watched The Sleuth of Ming Dynasty, which also adaptation from a BL novel, i switched to prefer that one, but i think The Sleuth is more on friendship brotherhood instead of bromance right? I really like the Untamed, but dont like the afterward effect for WYB n XZ, so many adultery photoshopped images for them. Oh well.

The Untamed is more a tragic story, so immortality also tragic? Sad ending? Plz dont.

I'm disappointed in The Sleuth of MD---But it's China and so they play it safe for this one. Yeah, in the drama---It's more on friendship/bromance, I like all main characters and that's why I'm still watching The Sleuth of MD. Yeah, I know some fans just overboard with XZ and WYB. From spoilers, Immortality should have a happy ending like the Untamed. It's the same author^^.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rosierosie said:

I'm disappointed in The Sleuth of MD---But it's China and so they play it safe for this one. Yeah, in the drama---It's more on friendship/bromance, I like all main characters and that's why I'm still watching The Sleuth of MD. Yeah, I know some fans just overboard with XZ and WYB. From spoilers, Immortality should have a happy ending like the Untamed. It's the same author^^.

So the novel of Sleuth of MD also very good then. Maybe because they have 3 main characters so it is impossible to have bromance. Immortality has 2 main characters right? So they can make it bromance like The Untamed. The Untamed has "happy ending" though, we should full zoom in to get the happy ending LOL.

Yeah we cant supress fans's imagination right, they have their creativity and tools, hopefully Leo and Arthur HYX will have less than WYB n XZ's afterward effect.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tothestars said:

Yes angie, Jackie Chan is the producer of The Sleuth in MD.

6 hours ago, angelangie said:

if im not wrong that is a Jackie Chan production?

Is this why Jackie Chan didn't make it Bromance??

• Like 1
  • Naughty 1

@tothestars that's only a part of it, not the ending^^. It's a

Spoiler

happy ending^___^.

She-Mei is pretty, but in the book Shi-Mei has 

Spoiler

two identities...Not sure how they're gonna film that. The other identity is a male too. Maybe they will explain it.

I really wish Shi-Mei wasn't a girl though. Awww the babies MR and SZ looks so adorable!!! They met when they were 

Spoiler

little, Shizun gave his bun to MR to eat, because MR was hungry :(.

Whenever I see new update on here, I'm literally Only Die-Hard BTS Fans Can 100% Relate To This Post

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@rosierosie LOL!! You make my day ahahahhaah, i am starting to read HYX, hopefully i can manage to finish it before it airs next year or next two year.

Hmmm about shimei...

Spoiler

Shimei is also a male, Chen Yao is capable of doing two indentity male n female in last 2 sequels Wu Xin Monster Killer. I think the cast director has done a very good job! 

• Like 1

^My bad, I explained that horribly. I meant,

Spoiler

Shi-Mei is a male in both identities. 

I wish it was a male actor that played Shi-Mei, just like in the book though.

How do you like the book so far? It's about 300ish Chapters so if you read it everyday for 10 chapters, you should finish it in less than a month or two^^

• Like 1