[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Immortality 皓衣行 starring Arthur Chen & Leo Luo

tothestars

On 9/20/2020 at 9:31 AM, weirdnshort said:

I just started the novel.. and.. this is going to be so interesting to see how they're going to get past the censors. ROFL I can't believe they changed Shi Mei to a girl. Oh well. 

I have started to read this on April, but not in a very serious mode, and after i continue to read in serious mode, i am hooked, now i am on chapter 130. Really the scriptwriter has a very difficult job for adapting this novel without ruining it, i think almost every chapter has gore and intimate scenes. Of course i skipped all the BL part, still hard to accept it though... But it really a very good novel! Quick plot and always focus on main characters. They should get a very high quality of CGI to make all the things alive. Finger crossed!

One more thing, they also changed Ye Wang Xi character into a girl. Dont know why.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tothestars said:

I have started to read this on April, but not in a very serious mode, and after i continue to read in serious mode, i am hooked, now i am on chapter 130. Really the scriptwriter has a very difficult job for adapting this novel without ruining it, i think almost every chapter has gore and intimate scenes. Of course i skipped all the BL part, still hard to accept it though... But it really a very good novel! Quick plot and always focus on main characters. They should get a very high quality of CGI to make all the things alive. Finger crossed!

One more thing, they also changed Ye Wang Xi character into a girl. Dont know why.

I'm only on chapter 50 - so I haven't been introduced to Ye Wang Xi yet. Interesting. they changed another character. Now that I got further into the story, I really don't mind Shi Mei as a female. I could totally picture Shi Mei as one (it really helps that they used the name "Mei")

Yes... haha yes there's plenty of gore and scenes where Mo Ran is trying to figure out his feelings for CWN, which aren't exactly PG. looooool.

I've watched the Untamed (by the same production company (?)) - and I didn't find the gore that scary at all. lol. They used super bright red blood, which I find very jarring and wished they'd have made those scenes more scarier (with the use of music, darker lighting). They're probably going to go with that same tone.

I find some of the romance parts sweet and I feel so sorry for Chu Wan Ning. Chu Wan Ning is my favourite character - I just want to give him a hug T_T. 

So far this is my favourite  heart breaking quote from the novel (spoiler alert for those that haven't read it):

Spoiler

"When Shi Mei died, Mo Weiyu disappeared from the world...

When Chun Wan Ning died, Mo Weiyu no longer knew what the world was anymore. "

Arthur looks so good as Mo Ran... I can't believe he's only 20 >_< 

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, weirdnshort said:

I'm only on chapter 50 - so I haven't been introduced to Ye Wang Xi yet. Interesting. they changed another character. Now that I got further into the story, I really don't mind Shi Mei as a female. I could totally picture Shi Mei as one (it really helps that they used the name "Mei")

Yes... haha yes there's plenty of gore and scenes where Mo Ran is trying to figure out his feelings for CWN, which aren't exactly PG. looooool.

I've watched the Untamed (by the same production company (?)) - and I didn't find the gore that scary at all. lol. They used super bright red blood, which I find very jarring and wished they'd have made those scenes more scarier (with the use of music, darker lighting). They're probably going to go with that same tone.

I find some of the romance parts sweet and I feel so sorry for Chu Wan Ning. Chu Wan Ning is my favourite character - I just want to give him a hug T_T. 

So far this is my favourite  heart breaking quote from the novel (spoiler alert for those that haven't read it):

Hide contents

"When Shi Mei died, Mo Weiyu disappeared from the world...

When Chun Wan Ning died, Mo Weiyu no longer knew what the world was anymore. "

Arthur looks so good as Mo Ran... I can't believe he's only 20 >_< 

Ah me too, because of the leaks, i also picturize Shi Mei as Chen Yao, since the description of Shi Mei also white beautiful soft spoken, really she is Chen Yao. And of course Leo and Arthur also very fit with the description as Chu Wan Ning and Mo Ran.

There are so many heart breaking moment in this novel, so many misunderstood, indeed they both are wronged. But yes the romance parts are sweet, i cant believe they are exist between two man sigh... They are just too sweet! Even just a simple action like holding an umbrella, my heart melted! Really meatbun has messed our heart!

I havent read MDZX novel, but i have watched The Untamed, i found it quite scary at some scenes (i have a puppy heart yes lol), but still acceptable. I dont know how they will show Ta XianJun when he rules the world with blood, hmm maybe it will be like when Wei WuXian did the suicide from the cliff, dark and red clouds with blood everywhere, ghotic theme. Well they still has to follow the rules to pass the censorship. 

10 minutes ago, tothestars said:

Ah me too, because of the leaks, i also picturize Shi Mei as Chen Yao, since the description of Shi Mei also white beautiful soft spoken, really she is Chen Yao. And of course Leo and Arthur also very fit with the description as Chu Wan Ning and Mo Ran.

There are so many heart breaking moment in this novel, so many misunderstood, indeed they both are wronged. But yes the romance parts are sweet, i cant believe they are exist between two man sigh... They are just too sweet! Even just a simple action like holding an umbrella, my heart melted! Really meatbun has messed our heart!

I havent read MDZX novel, but i have watched The Untamed, i found it quite scary at some scenes (i have a puppy heart yes lol), but still acceptable. I dont know how they will show Ta XianJun when he rules the world with blood, hmm maybe it will be like when Wei WuXian did the suicide from the cliff, dark and red clouds with blood everywhere, ghotic theme. Well they still has to follow the rules to pass the censorship. 

Because it wasn't scary enough, I would only watch the Untamed when it was dark outside and - with minimum lighting. lol the only episodes I was scared was in coffin town/Yi City (which is so awesome).  I personally don't mind the romance between the two guys - I actually kinda like it than some of the romance I've read/watched with straight couples. I felt like some of that connection was missing in the Untamed (I just finished that drama last month and haven't read the novel either), which is understandable because of the censorship. 

However, reading 2HA... the romance is a key part of the novel. Don't really know how they'd exclude it, without ruining the story. 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, weirdnshort said:

Because it wasn't scary enough, I would only watch the Untamed when it was dark outside and - with minimum lighting. lol the only episodes I was scared was in coffin town/Yi City (which is so awesome).  I personally don't mind the romance between the two guys - I actually kinda like it than some of the romance I've read/watched with straight couples. I felt like some of that connection was missing in the Untamed (I just finished that drama last month and haven't read the novel either), which is understandable because of the censorship. 

However, reading 2HA... the romance is a key part of the novel. Don't really know how they'd exclude it, without ruining the story. 

Yes! The Yi City arc! Omg that scared me to death! Especially when the girl show up suddenly in the door! Geez!

I think WYB n XZ chemistry also on point, although i havent read the novel, so dont know whether they fit with the description or not, but for me they are perfect as LZ n WY. 

Yes, very understandable they cant show everything from the novel to the drama, and yet they have to pass censorship as well. 

Yes,  you are right, romance is the key in 2ha, hopefully they can transform it into a safe bromance story but we can still get the point. Oh plz!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, weirdnshort said:

^ I wonder why they pixilated their costumes. Usually the fans would pixilate their own faces. haha 

I think because they dont want to leak anything from the drama. Usually the fans pixilate other fans's face lol. They wont pixilate the costume if the drama is airing or finish airing. So i think they are not fans but family member of crew. Since they know they cant leak anything from an unaired drama.

• Insightful 1

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, GiaGia said:

Ahhh cannot wait to see this!!! 2021 hurry up!!!

How tall is Arthur? Maybe 6'1?? And Leo is probably around 5'9??? Their height is so cute!

I cannot wait to see everything!!!!

From wiki Arthur is 188 cm so it is around 6'2, but from weibo chinese fans stated he is more than that, so maybe 190 cm or around 6'3?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tothestars said:

From wiki Arthur is 188 cm so it is around 6'2, but from weibo chinese fans stated he is more than that, so maybe 190 cm or around 6'3?

yeah Arthur is a giant!! Wow, so tall!!!!!!

• Like 1