Network: MBC

Genre: Crime, Psychological Thriller

Episodes: 70 min-16 episodes

Release Date: October, 2021

Runtime: October 29th, 2021-November 26th, 2021

Director:  -

Writer:  이나영

Plot:

A story of a a star professor at the National Police University and becomes a life-time prisoner because of a sudden confession of murder.

Cast:

Yoon Kye Sang

A star professor at the National Police University and becomes a life-time prisoner because of a sudden confession of murder.

VIDEOS

First Trailer

Script Reading

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Update #4 - New rule: "No Instagram embedded posts

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

200424 박해진, 웹툰 원작 드라마 '크라임퍼즐' 주연

AKR20200424035800005_01_i_P4_20200424091

Actor Park Hae Jin has been cast as Han Seung-min, the main character of the webtoon's original drama "Crime Puzzle." According to his agency Mountain Movement, Han Seung-min, to be played by Park Hae Jin, is a star professor at the National Police University and becomes a life-time prisoner because of a sudden confession of murder. Park Hae Jin, who played a genius psychopath serial killer in OCN's "Bad Guys" (2014), will once again perform psychopathic acts in the upcoming drama. "Crime Puzzle" will be produced by Studio 329 and is currently in the casting process. It is scheduled to air in the second half of this year.

https://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=103&oid=001&aid=0011568912

Park Hae Jin is on a roll this year wooot!

• Like 3
  • Love 8
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, cenching said:

@nonski

I just posted the same news in other thread.....:joy: I am super excited with this one, this is a kind of drama I really want him to do.....:glasses:

yes this is also one of Haejin's forte... looking forward to this one also. :) 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Based on webcomic ‘Crime Puzzle’
Synopsis:
Han Seung-Min (Park Hae-Jin) is a popular professor at the Police University. He is also well-known as a forensic psychologist. His girlfriend Yoo Hee works as a criminal profiler. Suddenly, Han Seung-Min confesses that he killed Yoo Hee's father and other people. He eventually receives life in prison for his crimes. Yoo Hee does not believe his confession. She looks into his case for answers. This leads Yoo Hee to visit Han Seung-Min in prison and conduct 10 interviews with him.

Based on webcomic "Crime Puzzle" written by Meen and illustrated by Misang (published from June 25, 2015 to August 5, 2016 by Book Cube Webtoon Company).
http://asianwiki.com/Crime_Puzzle

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Crime Puzzle, 크라임퍼즐 - Park Hae Jin

ac17685d41c14d159a137bb55b897f8d.jpeg?s=

Park Hae Jin Confirmed To Star In Psychological Thriller Drama Based On Popular Webtoon

Apr 24, 2020
by S. Nam

Park Hae Jin will be starring as the lead of the new thriller drama “Crime Puzzle” (working title)!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “Crime Puzzle” is a shocking thriller that begins with Han Seung Min, a professor at a police academy, being arrested after confessing to the crime of killing his girlfriend Yoo Hee’s father. The drama will reinterpret the webtoon to make it relevant to the current year of 2020.

The upcoming drama will also feature Yoo Hee, a criminal profiler who reinvestigates Han Seung Min’s case because she can’t believe her lover’s confession. In the process of solving the mystery, “Crime Puzzle” will showcase 10 interviews from Han Seung Min and detailed characterization of those surrounding the two leading figures.

Park Hae Jin will be taking on the role of Han Seung Min, a star professor at the police academy who suddenly rose through the ranks of the world’s criminal psychology field with the thesis he wrote in his 20s. However, with a sudden confession of murder, he becomes confined in prison with a life sentence. Han Seung Min is a mysterious figure who begins a mental game with Yoo Hee, his detective partner, lover, and disciple, in order to steadily solve the crime.

Previously, Park Hae Jin shocked viewers with his acting as the youngest genius psychopath killer Lee Jung Moon in OCN’s “Bad Guys,” and viewers are looking forward to what transformation he’ll make in “Crime Puzzle” after gaining even more experience as an actor.

The upcoming drama will be produced by Studio 329, which produced the YouTube original web drama “Top Management” and upcoming Netflix original “Extracurricular.” “Crime Puzzle” is set to broadcast sometime in the second half of the year.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1396385wpp/park-hae-jin-confirmed-to-star-in-psychological-thriller-drama-based-on-popular-webtoon

@triplem @ktcjdrama lols same thoughts and I hope it rolls over next year.

@nrllee no broadcasting station yet but this will probably air on Netflix (yay to that) cuz the producer has an upcoming drama too on Netflix.

6 minutes ago, nrllee said:

I really like this concept.  He was so good in Bad Guys.  He does malevolent so well.  

Yes and the premise really is good.  Excited who will be the female lead.  I want a Park Min Young in this one or a Nam Ji Hyun.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Love 7

I know that there is this webton in works but I am glad they decided this quickly to produce them this year. It sounds interesting.

From what I read about the webton, his ex girlfirend starts to doubt that he indeed murder her father. She will start some interviews in prison and together they will solve some mystery puzzle about crimes.

I think Park Hae Jin fits the role. Oh, he is in demand with three dramas this year. Let see who will play the woman criminal profiler.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

Rough translation of the Yonhap article:

Park Hae Jin to star as the main character of the drama adaptation of the webtoon 'Crime Puzzle'

Actor Park Hae Jin has been cast as Han Seung-min, the main character of the webtoon's original drama "Crime Puzzle."

According to his agency Mountain Movement, Han Seung-min, to be played by Park Hae Jin, is a star professor at the National Police University and becomes a life-time prisoner because of a sudden confession of murder.

Park Hae Jin, who played a genius psychopath serial killer in OCN's "Bad Guys" (2014), will once again perform psychopathic acts in the upcoming drama.

"Crime Puzzle" will be produced by Studio 329 and is currently in the casting process. It is scheduled to air in the second half of this year.

Link: https://n.news.naver.com/article/001/0011568912

He looks like the main character in the webtoon!

This is not in English, but just look at the resemblance!

If you want to read the webtoon, you can read on Tapas, but I don't think it's free for all the "episodes".

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t post consecutively within an hour . Pls edit to add.
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nonski said:

Yes and the premise really is good.  Excited who will be the female lead.  I want a Park Min Young in this one or a Nam Ji Hyun.

I'm waiting for collaboration PMY with PHJ  sooooo long so yes I would be happy . But let's wait :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Oksana Sutra said:

I'm waiting for collaboration PMY with PHJ  sooooo long so yes I would be happy . But let's wait

She is a lucky girl. Working lately with Park Seo Jun, Kim Jae woo, Seo Kang Joon, to name a few. But they are lucky too. Why not working with Park Hae Jin? If not now maybe they will meet in another drama.

I was wondering if actress Han Ye Seul received the offer for the female lead. A curiosity, I might say. I know that when actors reject a drama offer, one of the reason is that they have conflicted schredules and they have to chose one drama. She rejected the drama with Namgoong Min who also would be broadcast in the last half of the year. And I saw her in a recent photo and she has a new hairstyle, very similar with the webton character. Of course, all this is just an unfounded connection. :D

I really don`t have a preference who will be the female lead. I think there are lots of actress who could take the role. I trust the casting director. I watch for the genre/ plot in the first place. I hope we`ll have more information soon.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, nonski said:

yes Shin Hye Sun would also be great.

wow that's very observant of you, maybe yes Han Ye Seul is also a good actress.

Shin Hye Sun has another offer and  from what I see it is more interesting. I would choose Queen Cheorin if I was in her place. Not only it is her first sageuk (from what I remember) and the role is very attractive to an actor. But, of course, it is just my opinion.

Park Shin Hye also has another drama in works. I never saw Sung Yu ri in kdramaland for sometime. The last time I heard of her she rejected the second lead role in The Last Empress.

I am curious about Han Ye Seul (as i already mentioned why) and I think she also fits the role too. As I said already, many actresses can do the role. Let see who is chosen by the casting director/ PD. 

I read that the original webton script will be adapted. That`s good. I believe the drama will be crowded with male actors as the plot happens in prison. I don`t know if it true but I remember reading about a police officer, a friend of the protagonist that it is suspisious.

I hope there will be news about the cast soon.

• Like 5

@nonski, thank you for the thread... I just posted in his thread, and come to see you have already opened a thread for this Drama.   Thank you! double-thumbs-up-thanks-smiley-emoticon.

I am excited for this Drama. It is more of "my genre" too.

Praying that the leading lady is a good actress too, and that the scriptwriter is good.

• Like 6
  • Love 1