[Drama 2021] Crime Puzzle, 크라임퍼즐

nonski

@irilight *waves* you're here too.  Lets watch this.  My fav genre crime pyschological thriller and Happy to see Park Hae Jin getting more projects.

@nonski @larus So this is Netflix? Not OCN?

On 4/25/2020 at 12:19 AM, nonski said:

@kiefshi1056 yes Shin Hye Sun would also be great.

@larus wow that's very observant of you, maybe yes Han Ye Seul is also a good actress.

And  for the female lead?  None yet?  How old is the character suppose to be?

I'm not familiar with Han Ye Seul.. but seeng the name I just always associate her with Madam Antoine.

I like Shin Hye Sun too. or Lee Yoo Young?  There are two good actress. Both closer to PHJ age. I don't know how old is he for real or his character here.  I also like Nana. I've actually seen  her 3 dramas. The Good Wife. Kill it. Justice. She was revelation in Justice. good acting  the previous  drama she's appeared are either  always legal or crime thriller mystery. Oh and  what about actress from My Secret Terius. I don't know her name

If not I want to see Lee Seol (26).  If ever this will 3rd drama for her.  Her two previous dramas  verpaired with good actors. She played  female lead very cunning, edgy character (psycho actually) in Less than Evil (1st drama)  she also i  When the Devil Calls Your Name (2nd drama). She's got good acting.  Or maybe Go Min Si (25)  was in the drama Secret Botique, Hundred Millions Stars from the Sky. She's good too.

Wow I mentioned a lot of female actress for the leads. I've chosen based on excellent acting  and age. Sorry :D

Edit: sorry nonski my post is probably off topic let me know if I need to hide in  spoiler

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, jongski said:

So this is Netflix? Not OCN?

We don`t know yet. I don`t think they have mentioned a TV station yet.

11 minutes ago, jongski said:

I'm not familiar with Han Ye Seul.. but seeng the name I just always associate her with Madam Antoine.

She played in Madame Antoine drama. :D

I think we`ll hear about the female lead soon.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

8 hours ago, jongski said:

@irilight *waves* you're here too.  Lets watch this.  My fav genre crime pyschological thriller and Happy to see Park Hae Jin getting more projects.

@jongski, hi  monkey-waving-smiley-emoticon.gif    That is my favorite genre too.

I loved Lee Seol in the short Drama After the Rain.   It was a short 2 episodes Drama.

@larus, I liked Han Y-Seul in Big Issue.  Before seeing her in that, I did not know she can transition so well from a comedy to a melodrama.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thriller Webtoon "Crime Puzzle" to Receive Drama Adaptation

photo1131373.jpg

The webtoon "Crime Puzzle" will be turned into a drama, announced Jedam Media on the 10th.

"Crime Puzzle" is a story where a criminal psychologist is sent to prison for murdering a political candidate, and the criminal profiler who loses his father to the murder is conducting interviews with the murderer for a case that occurs within the prison.

These two used to be lovers just a year ago, until they meet again as a murderer and a criminal profiler, and face the unexpected truth to a series of murders. The thriller focuses on the process of them putting the pieces together, like a puzzle.

It was also a sensation for readers, as it was exclusively released in 2015 through e-book portal BookCube, and has been running for about a year. Following its completion, it is currently being provided on many platforms, such as Naver series and Kakao page. It is also considered one of the representative works that led to the globalization of Korean webtoons, as it was exported to France's Izneo, United States' Tapas and Japan's Piccoma.

Oh Young-suk (Meen), who wrote "Crime Puzzle", is known for a couple of famous works. The illustrator, Lee Chul-hee (Misang), is a veteran artist who has worked on the comic magazine Big Jump in the 1990s. He has been acknowledged for his intense drawings in the webtoon.

source

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Talking about FL who is a Profiler as well as the daughter of the murdered Politician, I think Nana will be good. She is an eye candy and looks great with Haejin based upon the stills from the doomed Four Men....Her acting is also quite good.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, irilight said:

That is my favorite genre too.

That`s my favorite too. :D I don`t read mangas and I don`t know much about Crime Puzzle but I would like to watch how the pieces of the puzzle will be discovered and fit together in this drama. So many webtons are adapted for television. I am waiting for Dead Man`s Letter too, because it is a female centric mystery drama. But with so many webton adaptations, I wish there are original dramas too.

I read so many names for female lead. As I said earlier, many actresses can take the role. Who/Whoever will be will be. :lol: I just want to watch a good pyschological thriller.

• Like 6

I saw that PHJ is in for another drama and I just knew my dear friend will taf me details on it....THANK YOU @nonski I knew you would start the thread off :kiss_wink:

First off how on earth is this man going to rest? - drama after drama roll. But I see why he was cast and accepted this role as the genre screams out his name -  PYCHO - THRILLER = Park Hae Jin. He even looks like the webtoon character. 

d16d7decd980c42d0089ded310e64e89.jpg  images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_Jh0Psuo442oSxYMOaLRtumblr_nplky9yFHV1us95zto3_500.gif

I loved him in Bad Guys and it was that drama that made me his fan. It's been 6 years and I cant wait for this drama to air to see how PHJ will deliver it.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

On 4/29/2020 at 11:04 AM, Kasmic said:

I loved him in Bad Guys and it was that drama that made me his fan. It's been 6 years and I cant wait for this drama to air to see how PHJ will deliver it.

Bad Guys was the first drama that I watched of his too. Been his fan ever since. sayhiplz.gif It's been a while. I hope you and your family are doing well

@nonski After that PHJ drought we had to go through, I'm so happy we get 3 dramasyoyohulaplz.gif?1 I hope you are doing well and count me in for this drama.  He will slay this role.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 5/4/2020 at 3:34 AM, evie7 said:

Bad Guys was the first drama that I watched of his too. Been his fan ever since. sayhiplz.gif It's been a while. I hope you and your family are doing well

Me too....wow I am very happy that we have many PHJ dramas this year.   I am particularly excited that he would take a crime drama like this one.  

But am I interpreting this correctly - the murderer is the female lead? I love Nana too @cenching @jongski...particularly impressed with her in Justice and The Good Wife. But she's already signed up for another drama. 

Spoiler

@jongski- she's reuniting with Park Sung Hoon  in a KBS drama http://asianwiki.com/The_Ballot- from almost strangling her in Justice , maybe he can now kiss her :lol: - I am very excited for that one!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 11:14 AM, triplem said:

But am I interpreting this correctly - the murderer is the female lead?

The murderer is the female lead? I love itbrightfutureplz.gif?1 This sounds so interesting and different.  As far as who is going to be the female lead,  I just hope we get an good actress.  

• Like 2

On 5/23/2020 at 1:45 AM, evie7 said:

I just hope we get an good actress.  

Amen to that !!

Hi everyone. Had been away for a while but as soon as I heard of Crime Puzzle, I had to come here for updates and thank you everyone for filling me in nicely.

I see lots of names suggested for the FL. My picks would be Lee Sung Kyung - we all know how good she looks with Hae Jin ssi from CITT. I think the chemistry between the two is sizzling and she can pull off a great performance under a good director.

I liked the actress in The Guardians - Lee Si young. It was a similar genre and she did a great job there. 

My final pick would be Son Ye Jin simply because she has never played anything similar and it would be interesting to see her in such a role.

I have my hopes for this one sky high. It is Hae Jin ssi's forte and it'll be a shame if the female lead ruins the tone of the drama.

Thank you @nonski for starting this thread and leading me here. 

I'm so happy this year has been kind to Hae Jin ssi. It makes up somewhat for the Saja fiasco.

He is looking so good - younger and beefy-er in Kkondae Intern. I'm glad he is taking good care of his health. Hope for all good things coming his way.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

@nonski Any hint as to who will be the female lead?   I wonder who.

So If the the profiler and murderer is the female lead, she needs to have strong look  apperarance and good acting.  No waif looks and personality but I think if the female lead got impressive acting, it'll be okay.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jongski said:

So If the the profiler and murderer is the female lead, she needs to have strong look  apperarance and good acting.  No waif looks and personality but I think if the female lead got impressive acting, it'll be okay.

I don`t think she is the murderer. She killed her own father?  That`s how it was in the webton? I remember reading a little in the webton and it got my impression that she was asking herself if it hes ex boyfirend is indeed the murderer. Also I got the impression that the hero friend who was a cop was a little shaddy. But I read very, very little.  I usually have good instincs but I could be wrong this time.

It will be really interesting if we`ll have a shady female protagonists. I agree that she has to have a strong charisma and good at action.

I wonder why we don`t have any other news. About the cast, the broadcast date etc.

• Like 2

Moderators note . 
Hi all . Just a note going forward. No IG posts allowed due to IG’s recent policy / ruling in the US . 

Please note  Update #4 posted at the top of the forum page 
You may use other social media platforms 

On 6/19/2020 at 7:35 PM, jongski said:

@nonski Any hint as to who will be the female lead?   I wonder who.

None yet but we heard FL was already selected.

On 6/19/2020 at 10:58 PM, triplem said:

Moderators note . 
Hi all . Just a note going forward. No IG posts allowed due to IG’s recent policy / ruling in the US . 

Please note  Update #4 posted at the top of the forum page 
You may use other social media platforms 

Sighs! Thank you @triplem this is such a big deal for us who post updates here since IG is the easiest way and can share multiple photos and videos.  Anyway we can't do anything about it.

• Thanks 1

Crime Puzzle production sent a coffee truck to the set of PHJ's currently airing drama Kkondae Intern

103850727_3248969275134431_1805613145016

Crime Puzzle's production company sent a coffee truck to Park Hae Jin on June 19. The banner says "It's Professor Han Seung Min's treat for the hardworking Manager Ga Yeol Chan!" (Han Seung Min is PHJ's character in Crime Puzzle.)
Yay for the support! The production company is very supportive of our Hae Jin! Looking forward to Crime Puzzle next!!!

credits to officialphjphfc

83785924_275699797011809_781145905217158

The resemblance is uncanny. Coincidence? I don't think so. Who else is excited for Crime Puzzle?
: @cutecookies0501

106364533_266800808081856_79612136924193

Park Hae Jin returns to OCN as a genius criminal psychologist in 'Crime Puzzle'  @jongski
"Park Hae Jin will play a genius criminal psychologist in "Crime Puzzle," according to his agency Mountain Movement. "After the end of MBC's Kkondae Intern, we will start preparing for "Crime Puzzle" right away."
Based on a hugely popular thriller webtoon, "Crime Puzzle" is a mystery thriller drama that begins with Han Seung Min, a renowned professor at the National Police University, smiling in front of a CCTV after killing the father of his lover Yoo Hee. It depicts ten (10) interrogations conducted by profiler Yoo Hee and Han Seung Min, who are investigating the case again because they cannot believe his confession.

In the drama, Park Hae Jin turns into a criminal psychologist with the most psychopathic temperament. Park Hae Jin has just finished his first comedy acting challenge in Kkondae Intern and will begin his transformation into a genius criminal psychologist this time.

Park Hae Jin has played so many different characters that he has never played the same role in numerous dramas. In particular, his comic acting in "Kkondae Intern" has been praised for changing his image as a kkondae man.

People are curious about how he will take off his comical appearance and succeed in another unusual transformation. "Crime Puzzle" will be produced by Studio 329 and will air in the second half of this year.

Full article: http://naver.me/5PiKvqld

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Crime Puzzle, 크라임퍼즐 - Park Hae Jin
  • 2 weeks later...