[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Promise of Chang An 长安诺

sugarplum892

Hi guys,

Coming here because of Cheng Yi! Still currently watching Love and Redemption and he got me good in that show :heart:. I am so scared to watch this one though!!! I learned from watching c-dramas that their endings can be BRUTAL :joy:. I think I'll wait until it ends airing to read the reviews or your thoughts/comments. I don't want my heart ripped out :joy:. So thank you in advance for all your posts, you can be sure that someone is reading them closely aka me hahaha.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2020 at 11:14 PM, xienrue said:

I think the queen (FL sister) in a way know everything?! I am currently so disgusted with her.

yess the queen is such a two-faced! She doesn't look evil at this point, but I dunno if she's gonna play evil later on? She looks innocent, and even pretended to help ChengXu and saying good words to him, when she doesn't mean it. She even heard what happened to his mother, but she turned a deaf ear. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the discussion on the episodes so far.  I am not ready to watch CY vomit blood n times after LAR.  I am reading it with a heavy heart.  I am not strong enough to watch a heart breaking CY character as I know his ending.  I move back and forth from MDL and here for the discussion posts.  

I see he has signed too many historicals to air which are so angsty and the only happy one is with ZY which is Meng Xing chang an.  I will wait for it until it airs and read just posts and watch some best CY clips on YT.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Thanks for the discussion on the episodes so far.  I am not ready to watch CY vomit blood n times after LAR.  I am reading it with a heavy heart.  I am not strong enough to watch a heart breaking CY character as I know his ending.  I move back and forth from MDL and here for the discussion posts.  

I see he has signed too many historicals to air which are so angsty and the only happy one is with ZY which is Meng Xing chang an.  I will wait for it until it airs and read just posts and watch some best CY clips on YT.

About ending of MXCA...spoilers!

Spoiler

I think its a sad ending if it follows the novel....plus the historic character he played died young at 30 or something.

• Sad 3
  • Shocked 1

16 hours ago, Minnieee33 said:

About ending of MXCA...spoilers!

Hide contents

I think its a sad ending if it follows the novel....plus the historic character he played died young at 30 or something.

Well i hope at least he has a happy love life...? :cold_sweat: pleaseee Writer nim....:cries:

Like the king in Ming Dinasty, he also 

Spoiler

died before his wife. So the story will be not too bitter..

• Like 2

I just finished ep 14 and my eyes is bawling for ChengXu :(!!!! Now he's even 

Spoiler

married :(

to that YuYing. If only her personality isn't bad, I would like her too. I guess she isn't all bad since she sincerely likes ChengXu, except that she doesn't suits him because she doesn't understand him. ChengYi's sad expressions always gets me :bawling:. The plot is too sad, I'm just watching this for ChengYi :)!!! I hope ChengXu gets a happy ending for himself :).

• Sad 3

On 9/13/2020 at 8:10 AM, skibbies said:

If you are talking about the 2002 drama featuring Ning Jing and Ma Jing Tao, it's a remake I believe? 

I rewatched it recently and it holds up pretty darn well, but it's definitely angst and tragedy all the way down.

I was afraid someone might misunderstand which one I was referrirng to but you red my mind! That is the one and it was darn heart wrenching. 

And I have a feeling I would think of the actor as sifing is cheating here xD

I actually like this drama. I totally understand why the FL is trying not to get close to the ML anymore since she had decided to marry the emperor. She cannot stop herself from loving the ML but she can be loyal to her husband since she did voluntarily decide to marry hi. It would be so much against her personality if she cheated on her husband. Both Ml and FL seems to have integrity and determined to be good people. 

• Like 1

Helloo, 

Got a bit of a not-so-smart question here, but here it is, still, because i can't contain my curiosity: is 'mengxin chang an' and 'promise of chang'an' the same drama? :joy: Saw some clips on insta with Cheng Yi and the actress that played LingLong in LAR filming together but then got super confused since 'promise of chang'an' didn't seem to have casted the actress who played LingLong :open_mouth:

Am I just confused? Is it another drama? 

• Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Promise of Chang An 长安诺
  • 11 months later...

What an abyss of despair. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the show—enjoy it immensely. But.

“我落下的泪  沾满一路高轩” indeed.

He died with such regrets. I just can't.

The way he was looking at that pouch. And with that beautifully sad song.

He couldn't even make it back to the capital to the female lead. I just can't.

I now understand why people want happy endings.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 11:19 AM, bomnie said:

Helloo, 

Got a bit of a not-so-smart question here, but here it is, still, because i can't contain my curiosity: is 'mengxin chang an' and 'promise of chang'an' the same drama? :joy: Saw some clips on insta with Cheng Yi and the actress that played LingLong in LAR filming together but then got super confused since 'promise of chang'an' didn't seem to have casted the actress who played LingLong :open_mouth:

Am I just confused? Is it another drama? 

They are different dramas. Meng Xin Changan had its title changed to Yu Jun Ge (Stand By Me).