Quantcast
Jump to content

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Promise of Chang An 长安诺


Recommended Posts

7A3kg6P.jpg

Cr avirtualvoyage

Details:

Chinese title: 长安诺/ Chang An Nuo
English title: The Promise of Chang An 

Genre:  Historical, Politics, Romance

Episodes: 61

Director:  Yin Tao

Broadcast Period: 9/10/2020

 

Cast:

Zhao Ying Zi as Helan Mingyu
Cheng Yi as Xiao Chengxu
Han Dong as Xiao ChengruiLiang Jing Xian as Ling Xiao'er
Han Cheng Yu as Xiao Qiyuan
Yang Chao Yue as Dong Ruoxuan
Wang Jin Song as Xiao Shangyuan
Wang Lin as Imperial Consort Lin
Huang You Ming as Situ Gun
Zhang Rui as Helan Keyong
Liu Meng Meng as Helan Guanyin
Wu Jing Jing as Helan Yunqi
Zhao Wen Hao as Xiao Chengxuan
He Zhong Hua as Xiao Chengli
Zhao Dong Ze as Xiao Qiyuan
Xue Ze Yuan as Xiao Qirong
Zhang Mo Xi as Imperial Consort Qiaohui
Huang Yi as Su Yuying
Fu Fang Jun as Xin Chengyao
Li Ze as Xiao Chengtai
Tang Rui Xue as Situ Zhen

Synopsis:

The granddaughter of the esteemed Yonglin leader, Helan Mingyu (Zhao Han Ying Zi) grew up well in the country of Sheng. Honest and bright, she caught the eye of many young men, but it was the Ninth Prince, Xiao Cheng Xu (Cheng Yi), who eventually won her heart. Happy as they were, their love was fated for ruin. Determined to help his older brother, Xiao Cheng Rui (Han Dong) ascend the throne, Cheng Xu sets out for war, well aware that his victory on the battlefield would help solidify his brother’s position as king. Soon news of Cheng Xu’s death in battle reaches Mingyu and though heartbroken, she has no choice but to move on.  

Caught up in the tangled inner-workings of the palace, Mingyu finds that the fate of Cheng Xu’s younger brother, Xiao Cheng Xuan (Zhao Wen Hao), is in her hands. To save Cheng Xuan, Mingyu is forced to marry the now ruling king, Cheng Rui. With Mingyu by his side, Cheng Rui establishes a great and stable nation and his family line flourishes. But there is little peace within the palace. Returning from war, very much alive and furious with his brother for stealing the woman he loves, Cheng Xu is determined to have his revenge. But before he can succeed, the king is struck down by an old illness. On his deathbed, Cheng Rui declares his son, Xiao Qi Yuan (Zhao Dong Ze), as his successor.

Seeing this as his opportunity to have his revenge, Cheng Xu takes the young ruler under his wing. But Qi Yuan grows tired of his uncle’s meddling, especially after he learns of Cheng Xu’s feelings for his mother. As Empress Dowager, Mingyu realizes that to save her family and help her people, she must use her wisdom to bring peace to the palace and prosperity to the Great Sheng Nation.

Cr Viki

 

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

 

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

The Promise of Chang An 长安诺 Viki Episodes

 

 

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I think the airing date is tomorrow? Well this drama is up against Cheng Yi's other drama (Love and Redemption). 

The preview looks amazing though, at least the story in the beginning is happy moments. Still can't get used to his dub voice in here..:sweatingbullets:

The new preview:

Spoiler

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eclipse02 said:

I think the airing date is tomorrow? Well this drama is up against Cheng Yi's other drama (Love and Redemption). 

The preview looks amazing though, at least the story in the beginning is happy moments. Still can't get used to his dub voice in here..:sweatingbullets:

The new preview:

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

What??? are you kiddin me.  waaah!!! tomorrow??? is the c-media crazy? they just release without any prior announcement.   But i think this is not a romantic based drama.  Lets keep the hopes up. 

edit:

The mv

cr:uploader

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Minnieee33 said:

They are airing this drama the same day as the end of the advance Love and Redemption eps lol

 

YCY looks so pretty :heart: too bad the plot is not my cup of tea.

I might endure it just for CY.. please help :joy:

  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Promise of Chang An 长安诺

Just watched 2 episodes, and I am liking the mischievous ML, ChengXu :)!!! CY played his character well^^. The FL is also very good, and she is a beauty. 

 

The plot sounds intriguing, and I guess I'm in!

 

Love when FL Mingyu and ML ChengXu worked together to get our of their predicament.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ep.1 Eng subs out already!!!!! Wow!!!

Cr:uploader

 

Can anybody who watched, tell me how is it going so far from the episodes released?  Any place for romance or only palace politics????

Edit:

Ep.2 Eng sub is also out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

^I watched to EP 3, and so far it's good. It's still too early to tell if it's mostly romance-based or palace politics. I would say it's a little bit of both romance and politics^^.

Although I checked mydramalist, and there's no romance tagged???

My thoughts on EP3, sigh..... that was such a tear jerker when ChengXu went to see his father at his

Spoiler

wake :(. His crying and wailing broke my heart.

ChengYi displayed his emotion scenes makes you wanna laugh, cry and be mischievous with him :). I feel so sorry for Princess WangYin from Yonglin, she is forced to marry for marriage alliance; sad that in those days----Father would forced to send their daughter to marry. I know this is probably obvious, but I wonder if in history; fake girls would be use to send off in replaced of the real princess?

Looking forward to more episodes :). 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

IS anyone watching this with me^^? Too depressing, no one wants to?? lol

 

Well, I jsut saw EP 10, and OMG my heart!!! I was heart-broken for the OTP :(.

Spoiler

ChengXu's ehart is broken and so sad!!! :( How heartbroken he must be to watch the woman he loves married his brother!!! 

Did anyone ctach why MingYu decided to 

Spoiler

marry the King??? 

Did she do it to protect Prince ChengXuan??

Ewww how disgusting of the King to wants to marry his wife's cousin aka FL!!!

 

Now, I want the King to die fast, so OTP can be together. Darn, they could have change the script not to have FL married the King!!! Ughh.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 4:49 PM, Jing Wang said:

How is this any different from Xiao Zhaung empress? Will wait until all episodes are out before I watch this.

If you are talking about the 2002 drama featuring Ning Jing and Ma Jing Tao, it's a remake I believe? 

 

I rewatched it recently and it holds up pretty darn well, but it's definitely angst and tragedy all the way down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, rosierosie said:

IS anyone watching this with me^^? Too depressing, no one wants to?? lol

I am currently watching this, coming from L&R:).

 

I am quite into palace drama and heavy plot. But I suspect I will get pretty annoyed with the female lead later on based on the synopsis. Still staying for the male lead though. Cheng Yi acting is superb so far (episode 9-11 are so heartbreaking).

 

In this kind of drama, the OTP will never get together in this life. Moreover, the female lead will have a son with the King. Why she doesn't take precaution to prevent getting pregnant is beyond me. This kind of drama always give me a female lead like this. Smart at the beginning, then forced to marry, playing hard to get for a while but finally do the intercourse forced by circumstances, and then after getting pregnant suddenly she becomes cold blooded woman who will do everything for her son. Duh!!

 

I am so disgusted to the King and his wife (the FL sister). They tried to cover their sins with kindness. The queen hypocritical way to appease Cheng Xu so that he would not come to her husband is so bad. Hope the drama will show how guilt shadowed these pair of husband and wife. But as I see it, the FL sister will alive and well (I can see both of the women sitting together with the young king in the trailer).

 

Spoiler

Well, as far as I know, the male lead will die first in the end? Good. The sooner he dies the better. No more pain, no more caring of his "sister in law" and her son. They are not worth it.

Let's see together when the truth comes out, who will the FL sided with? Her husband or Justice.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, xienrue said:

I am currently watching this, coming from L&R:).

 

I am quite into palace drama and heavy plot. But I suspect I will get pretty annoyed with the female lead later on based on the synopsis. Still staying for the male lead though. Cheng Yi acting is superb so far (episode 9-11 are so heartbreaking).

 

In this kind of drama, the OTP will never get together in this life. Moreover, the female lead will have a son with the King. Why she doesn't take precaution to prevent getting pregnant is beyond me. This kind of drama always give me a female lead like this. Smart at the beginning, then forced to marry, playing hard to get for a while but finally do the intercourse forced by circumstances, and then after getting pregnant suddenly she becomes cold blooded woman who will do everything for her son. Duh!!

 

I am so disgusted to the King and his wife (the FL sister). They tried to cover their sins with kindness. The queen hypocritical way to appease Cheng Xu so that he would not come to her husband is so bad. Hope the drama will show how guilt shadowed these pair of husband and wife. But as I see it, the FL sister will alive and well (I can see both of the women sitting together with the young king in the trailer).

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Well, as far as I know, the male lead will die first in the end? Good. The sooner he dies the better. No more pain, no more caring of his "sister in law" and her son. They are not worth it.

Let's see together when the truth comes out, who will the FL sided with? Her husband or Justice.

Hi Xienrue :)!! Welcome abroad. I'm happy you're here with me to discuss this interesting, yet very sad, and depressing drama with me^^. Yes, ep 9-11 were very sad indeed. CY acted out those sad, depressing emotions so well. He's the main reason I'm watching this^^. He looks younger and thinner here, but I found out he filmed this before L&R. The plot is intriguing so far, and it's a boo that FL will have a son with the current King, ChengRui. I just hope to see how ML ChengXu will take revenge against his so called brothers; and bring justice to his mom. The way she was asked to died was just so heartbreaking, and disturbing. His half-brothers are sore losers of jealousy. Looking forward to their doomsday. 

 

I think the King will died from the synopsis, so maybe there's a slight chance for FL and ML to reconcile their love??? I'm a poop for angst and tragedy, so I hope for justice more than anything. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rosierosie said:

Hi Xienrue :)!! Welcome abroad. I'm happy you're here with me to discuss this interesting, yet very sad, and depressing drama with me^^. Yes, ep 9-11 were very sad indeed. CY acted out those sad, depressing emotions so well. He's the main reason I'm watching this^^. He looks younger and thinner here, but I found out he filmed this before L&R. The plot is intriguing so far, and it's a boo that FL will have a son with the current King, ChengRui. I just hope to see how ML ChengXu will take revenge against his so called brothers; and bring justice to his mom. The way she was asked to died was just so heartbreaking, and disturbing. His half-brothers are sore losers of jealousy. Looking forward to their doomsday. 

 

I think the King will died from the synopsis, so maybe there's a slight chance for FL and ML to reconcile their love??? I'm a poop for angst and tragedy, so I hope for justice more than anything. 

Hello, too. The acting in those depressing moment is so stellar. So much pain.

 

How Cheng Xu bring his loser brothers to justice is the main reason I will stay here. Cheng Xu reminded me of LIn Shu in Nirvana in Fire. Perhaps when he was not yet an accomplished marshal under his father. So very much looking forward to power play here. To hell with romance and female lead. The moment she married his brother, their romance is ended in my eyes.

 

I don't think they will ever get together formally in this life. She will forever be his sister in law. And I hope become an advisor to the young king is not female lead suggestion. Because I will hate her for that. The throne is Cheng Xu's to begin with.

 

I think the queen (FL sister) in a way know everything?! I am currently so disgusted with her.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...