Quantcast

[Drama 2020] Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol, 도도솔솔라라솔

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, thinking back about it, there were some hints that he might be younger. Not sure how the writer thinks this will benefit the plot - I find it weird and would have preferred him being the same ag

Credit to @fan-number20000425 on Tumblr Somebody cast these two in a period drama!! I mean look at them!!  Go Ara is such a classic beauty, and Lee Jae Wook has that innocent yet charismatic

Jesus Christ. That episode was filled to the brim !   Okay first off, even if the last bit of the episode happened, I like Jun’s mom. She’s loud and embarrassing, no wonder Jun wanted to run

1 hour ago, multiloverssss said:

i think i saw in twitter, someone said that epilogue during they show the first time rara meet the stalker....rara meet jun at cafe during she want to buy juice but her purse missing.as your can see, there are are someone beside her wearing spectacles...i think him jun.jun borrow money to her...

Omgosh!!!!!!! You’re so right!!!!! I just went back to look and he comes into the frame very briefly and it does look a lot like his side profile! Also the glasses look the same to the one he had on his desk when he was studying. It was the same wirey frames. 

Edit: man. The shows been so clever to give little clues and hints along the way. I’m surprised that people were even able to catch those quick glimpses. Also a credit to the story writing that they had all these pieces already figured out from the beginning.

• Like 5
17 minutes ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

Omgosh!!!!!!! You’re so right!!!!! I just went back to look and he comes into the frame very briefly and it does look a lot like his side profile! Also the glasses look the same to the one he had on his desk when he was studying. It was the same wirey frames. 

Edit: man. The shows been so clever to give little clues and hints along the way. I’m surprised that people were even able to catch those quick glimpses. Also a credit to the story writing that they had all these pieces already figured out from the beginning.

really? I have to re-watch that episode then. Wow! Applause to the writer(s). 

today’s episode albeit sad, it still was very fluffy and I’m glad that the time skips aren’t too long. As far as the girl goes I feel like she’s just a filler episode for rara’s jealousy since we get to see jun always taking care of rara, always catching up to her, always possesive, always wanting to know what she’s up to, if she’s safe etc... but in the latter 3/4 of the show will see rara seeing Jun in a different light, more of a boyfriend and less of a teenager, more manly and  moreso her lover.- can’t wait!!!

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, inaho101 said:

really? I have to re-watch that episode then. Wow! Applause to the writer(s). 

Episode 9 around the 57min mark he comes into the frame on the right, out of focus 

episode 12 at 21:33 his glasses frames comes right into view and seems like they’re purposely panning it there. 

the two glasses seem like they are similar? 

4 minutes ago, inaho101 said:

today’s episode albeit sad, it still was very fluffy and I’m glad that the time skips aren’t too long. As far as the girl goes I feel like she’s just a filler episode for rara’s jealousy since we get to see jun always taking care of rara, always catching up to her, always possesive, always wanting to know what she’s up to, if she’s safe etc... but in the latter 3/4 of the show will see rara seeing Jun in a different light, more of a boyfriend and less of a teenager, more manly and  moreso her lover.- can’t wait!!!

Yes! I know that rara likes Jun too, but I always felt like Jun has always been more open about his feelings for her. I’d love to see rara be as transparent too. 

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

episode 12 at 21:33 his glasses frames comes right into view and seems like they’re purposely panning it there. 

the two glasses seem like they are similar? 

Please skip this if you don't like too much spoiler:sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

He's there

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGwtckVBaR_/?igshid=1owvz6swug1it

Seems for the same scenes you guys talking about

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2
2 hours ago, multiloverssss said:

when rara said the accident not jun fault, jun look very relief as he wait for someone to say that to me....by knowing that,jun can move on with his life without any guilty toward jihoon.

i think jun and rara first meeting is not during recital. i think i saw in twitter, someone said that epilogue during they show the first time rara meet the stalker....rara meet jun at cafe during she want to buy juice but her purse missing.as your can see, there are are someone beside her wearing spectacles...i think him jun.jun borrow money to her....

If that’s the case, that would be really cute. I will have to go back to rewatch the scene. She must really live in LaLa Land if she can’t even remember all the times she met Jun.:lol:

@mapleoaks5 Thanks for pointing out that little translation nuance. I think translators choose to change the words to something more digestible to the general public and sometimes the meaning is lost in translation. I can see why Jun would look that way with the future in law comment. If Jun met RaRa before and liked her, he realizes that he can’t possibly like the same girl as the person he sees as a brother.

@gongju0110 I really hope you’re right because this whole time I have been thinking they are each other’s first love. It would make me sad that Jun may have loved someone before even though I know it doesn’t affect how much he really loves RaRa now. But something about the way he acts around her just makes it seem like she’s his first love. I have a feeling that RaRa’s only love before was her dad. She was ready to accept an engagement with a stranger as if dating/relationships don’t really matter to her.

@Just_Me Ahhhh!!!! So it is true. :hooray2:

This writer really knows how to keep things interesting between our OTP. 

I was wondering if they would post the bts scene for episode 11. I never clicked so fast on a video when I saw the thumbnail. This time they kept the bts of “that scene” short. I’m a bit disappointed because I was hoping to see more NG’s, but the way LJW looks at Go Ara when she was talking tho...:heart3:

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, Rilabear said:

Thanks for pointing out that little translation nuance. I think translators choose to change the words to something more digestible to the general public and sometimes the meaning is lost in translation. I can see why Jun would look that way with the future in law comment. If Jun met RaRa before and liked her, he realizes that he can’t possibly like the same girl as the person he sees as a brother.

@Rilabear no problem, yes I always find that translations can be a little

off or doesn’t convey the full Intent in korean dramas. In this case JIhoon choosing to say “your future sister in law” (hyungsoonim 형수님) indicates how close the two friends are. Rather than just saying “my future wife” Jun must feel super conflicted realizing that the girl he most likely fell for is the girl his best friend likes.  There’s so many words in the korean language that can’t directly be translated into English,  that it’s a shame. 

jun also really said he tried hard not to like rara, I’m sure some of that was his guilt towards his friend. Not wanting to like the girl his friend liked. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, Just_Me said:

Hide contents

He's there

yes....that scene.rara wear the same cloth when she encounter with stalker....i think rara can remember jun when she see jun glasses.i can't wait for that scene....:fullofhearts:

• Like 3

When it come to kdrama MIL Is better to be prepared rather than to sorry :mrgreen:

Round 1 :  never to chicken out first :tounge_wink:

Spoiler

8723D9B9-9048-40BD-B487-3FC8085767C5.gif

Round 2 : spend $ 10 on rainy coat :w00t:

0F5CFABC-5B26-47CF-B139-DECAC22FDA87.gif

Round 3 : when you get the chance take the money and run away  :D

90776E24-80E7-45A1-AFE5-8668501BB9F3.gif

Round 4 : 10 lesson on self defense before meeting :phew:

47114C01-6A4A-4D63-B5A6-3E6A7ACD0A3B.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, Just_Me said:

Reveal hidden contents

He's there

Wow! So there lives have been intertwined ever since then, do you guys reckon at the end of this drama we will see a montage of how jun and rara’s lives were entangled even before they met?  I mean we are seeing them now but this picture says something else

If that’s the case I feel like this drama is telling us this old adage- if you are meant to be with someone, no matter the odds, whatever is for you will always come back to you- which is definitely grandpa’s love story 

Wednesday come fast!!! Ahahhahah

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I do want to point out some facts as I see it with Dr Cha and Lala's "wedding" and why it's probably fake now that I've had some time to think about it:

-Lala's character on the whole feels uncomfortable with telling lies and keeping secrets, so doubt she would do this to Jun. If she had changed her mind, she would probably have told him straight out....but she clearly loves him, even knowing his real age now, so doubt she wouldn't wait for him. :kiss_wink:

-HY and SK spent a lot of time and effort trying to get Jun & Lala back together again. Even in Episode 12. So I doubt that they would suddenly turn on Jun. I could even see them getting Jun if Lala had somehow been talked into marrying Dr Cha for some other reason.

:heartxoxo:

-We never got to hear about HY & SK's business plan and both of them are good at wedding related things (HY- make up & SK-filming)...Also, this show seems to throw out red herrings like no other! Lots of fun tricky twists and turns.

-Grandpa is also fond of Jun for having saved his life and can communicate with him over the phone to send his concert footage...so he'd be the first to left Jun know if anything was going on. :heart:

-If Dr Cha was getting married, you'd think he would invite Lala's ex/ runaway groom because they're really good friends. But he didn't get an invite and had to find out on social media and through a friend....so seems unlikely to be a real wedding. It looks like he drove up with Dr Cha's wife because they were probably nosy and maybe annoyed they weren't invited? :lol:

-One weird thing I noticed when the TWD ladies were talking to the camera was that they said "It's fun to plan a wedding" instead of "It's fun to go to a wedding"...not sure if this is just Netflix's translations, but I remember thinking that's a weird thing to say. So clearly it's got something to do with the planning. :no_mouth:

-Finally everyone knows how madly in love Jun is with Lala :love: .... I can't tell if they forgot to tell him or purposely "forgot" to tell him...because even if they'd told him he would have been so jealous especially because the groom was Dr Cha. He would never allow it :tounge_wink:

• Like 6
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

jun also really said he tried hard not to like rara, I’m sure some of that was his guilt towards his friend. Not wanting to like the girl his friend liked. 

I think if he hadn’t met her first he would have been thankful to his friend as he met Rara because of him. But that hasn’t been shown. They have just indicated resistance to like her which seems like guilt . So yes he has met her before the Recital♥️

also about the keychain I wonder if RaRa gave it to him cos it tells other girls he’s taken :D;) it’s so obvious a girl bought it!!

Edited by Raynaa
  • Like 2

Ok, just finished a re-watch and these are my thoughts. Apologies in advance for a veryyyy long post!

Episode 12

- I liked this episode a lot for all the good and terrible emotions it stirred in me while watching. This show is just so fun and crazy and it's hard to predict what will happen exactly. You guess some things...and then other things whack you on the head out of nowhere!

-Ahhhh, the reunion!!   Every bit as heart fluttery as I wanted it to be...their gaze, the way he held her 

:kiss_wink::kiss_wink::kiss_wink:

-I loved their heart to heart. it covered all the heavy topics with a refreshing lightness that doesn't often happen in dramas! I like how they acknowledged that they had both suffered in different ways  Lala's telling of her sufferings sounded so fun, but it really wasn't fun for for her at all and I liked that Jun knew this and didn't misunderstand but joked about how he was the only one who starved. I also liked that they showed how much Jun has been influenced by the town's people through Lala teasing him that he had picked up everyone's personalities. :lol:

-Another thing about that heart to heart: Lala wasn't mad at Jun anymore because she'd had all that time to process why he must have done what he did and she just wanted to hear it from him. She didn't scold him for his choices, but listened and supported him, the way his family haven't in the past. :heart:

- How cute was Jun's speech trying to convince Lala they'd be together in their old age? and THAT ADORABLE WINK!!  He used Lala's own moves against her and she knew it! :tounge_wink: This bit actually reminded me of Clueless again when Lala said something like it'd be gross having to be old and wrinkly together. Such a Cher move!

-Hahaha Poor SK with the threat of needles as he was trying to hold the fort for Jun at the hospital  :joy: I was laughing hard at this, but also feeling so sorry for him!  Him and HY were soooo cool, especially when they gave the money back to Jun's mum  I mean, they would have known they needed the money to start their business later on (something I suspect they had probably planned for awhile given their pitch to the TWD ajummas), but they have the dignity and wisdom not to accept money thrown at them. And did you see the way HY looked proudly at SK when he gave it back? Love is definitely there! I laughed when the TWD ajummas thought those two were spending the night together...not that I blame them! :lol:

- This drama and flutters! :love: I think this has been the most fluttery I've been with a drama for awhile! - Jun pulling his moves and telling Lala that she's all he ever thinks about was very very sweet  

:fullofhearts:

I was dead at this point, but revived by the comical way Lala dodged him and told him he needed to grow a little more. I just really loved the way they handled the age thing with humour - Lala, no matter how much she loves Jun, just wants to do the right thing for him and for herself, but I liked that she told him in her typical Lala way. That sequence was really playful from the way Jun leaned on the pillar and joked about drinking more milk to the way he respected her wishes, but asked her to keep their promise :heart: I just crawled into my coffin at this point, killed by cuteness.

-Heh, Lala talking about lending SK Mimi's clothes made was so funny.

-There is definitely something up with Jun's health - another nosebleed, his mother telling him to get a health check (which he misses to steal Lala from her wedding) and his awful father still pressuring him and his mother...I really, really hope it's not serious :bawling::bawling::bawling:

-The TWD ajummas imaginations about protecting Lala made me laugh SO much!! It was like the perfect comedy sequence with all their costumes and expressions. My favourite was English-speaking ajumma taking the water splash and then jeering at Jun's mum :tounge_xd:

-Can I just say I really, really loved that talk between Jun's mum and Lala? All this time I've been so annoyed at his mum. But it was good to finally see her as an actual person, dropping her facade to reveal vulnerabilities. That Jun was their only child through IVF explains so much about why she guards him with eagle eyes. But I liked how much despite she said she didn't like Lala, she clearly did - no one can resist Lala's charms, not even Jun's mother :relieved:. As for Lala, I liked that she respected Jun's mum because she'd probably always wanted to know her own mother and was empathetic about how hard it must be in her position and how messy their situation was. From the scene where Jun's mother intervened when the father was going to 'do something' I wonder if she will protect Lala outright later. 

-Another motherly scene I loved so much was the one with the hairdresser and Lala just after they got home :heart:  I actually got a bit teary here (And trust me, I am a stone when it comes to tears. Rarely ever cry in dramas or films). I loved the way she felt so heartbroken for Lala selling her car to pay Jun back. And when Lala said that line about giving up cherished things sometimes, I loved the way she hugged her. I feel like she gave Lala a bit of the feeling of having a mother, when she needed that most. :bawling:

-That final date was so cute even though you knew the sad bit was coming up - Jun's look of elation when Lala came to him crushed me! Lala's break up letter was so touching and as always, I love that Jun respected her wishes. That's what I love about them both - there are no real misunderstandings. They know each is wanting the best for the other. 

:heartxoxo:

-Upon my re-watch I noticed that Dr Cha still hasn't mentioned to Lala he was at her wedding, just the recital. And also he looked reallllly uncomfortable when she said he was DDSSLLS. I wonder if his denial will be an epilogue...Also another thing to add to the fake wedding. One time when Jun called and told Lala not to spend too much time with Dr Cha, she tells him that he's feeling jealous over nothing...and Mimi says so too. So I'm gonna trust Mimi on that one for sure!

:cutekitty:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

OMG thanks all saw Ep 12 last night.

Now 11am at work and waiting for lunch time on a rainy Friday 13th here.

Thanks for the great posts, theories etc. Thanks @Just_Me for the BTS. So cute.

@JenL You always hit the points I love about this drama and each episode.

If you don't cry or tear easily and this drama is touching your heart--Awwwww.

I used to be like you. As I got older, I became more of a softie. I think now being teary is just cleaning up my eye tear ducts. Nothing wrong to get a cleaning here and there when needed. 

@Ameera Ali Those gifs and pics of their last DATE as well as the neighborhood ladies getting ready to defend La La from Jun's mom at the cafe---their loyalty and desire to protect their own--awww. OMG so sweet.

@Mapleoaks5 @Rilabear Yup I did note the glasses and that Jun did meet her way before the recital before knowing his BF liked her. I did note the Korean his bestie called La La to him. (All those year of Korean dramas paid off LOL)  this is a VERY important nuance. So for him to feel sad and a bit guilty for liking La La makes sense.

Others have expressed well many thoughts I had of Ep 12

-La La and Jun on their date. Their smiles and just enjoying being together. When La La told Jun to get the bike I had a feeling she would leave him. (She has has such as soft heart and her heart couldn't bear telling him in person and leaving him. She was RIGHT that Jun would say /reject her telling them to break up). But during their time together they were comfy. Jun talking about their 5 year age gap as NOTHING big after 40 and when they are wrinkly and senior citizens. LOL if La La was very concerned she would not have met up with him.  But she does care and has feelings for him. But also she KNEW she had to do the right thing as he is at an important point in his life.

-I forget if in ep 11 or ep 12 but when La La said she felt she did not know Jun. Glad Manbok told her YOU know him. He may have deceived you but YOU know the real him. How he treats you? Such a tsundere for her. Saying he won't do things for her but he DOES to it. How he looked forward to her asking him for money so he could help her. Building that space for her to visit him and be comfy, growing the lettuce to make her fave salad, always being at her beck and call. LOL the guy has it bad for her. When SK called Jun telling him of her accident on the bike he came FLYING down to Eunpo to the hospital.

-La La talking to Jun's mom (I appreciated she was not hysterical and screaming and when she planned to hand money over to her) she did the same to her. Giving back the money lent to her by Jun (sad she sold JuJu but the right thing to do even if she had to give up her beloved car and that sacrifice). Even Jun's mom grudgingly had to like La La. She had a prejudice against her but hearing what La La Said. Understanding Jun has to study and at a critical age with his future being involved, she wants him to have the BEST future. I mean you know it is true. When you love someone you set them free. She is setting him free to relieve him to not worry of her and think of her constantly. (Poor guy will still think of her as she is his GOAL when he CAN finally date her.) Jun's mom sharing how she got IVF late in life to have Jun. How La La said he is precious to you and I was precious daughter too. That respect and understanding, I really applaud La La as all the while it must have broken her heart.

-Jun and La La talking about how they fared during their time apart. LOL Jun speechless that La La could eat (overeat ) and sleep well while he was starving himself and not sleeping well. I liked she said I kept myself busy so I could NOT think of you. Poor Jun was like but I think of you constantly. awww These two crazy kids.

-I noted that both SK and HY were wearing black (like trying to look like Steve Jobs ie like Do San in Start Up) when telling the ladies and mom's not going to college and wanting to start a business. I think that is smart way for them to take advantage of their gifts and obviously academics is not their forte. 

-Plus when La La's ex fiance was shown the IG post it was "joyful/ joy wedding" as the account. So right there not on La La's personal IG. So DEF agree with all that is for the business advertising. Also as noted by others, the ladies in the neighborhood said nice to PLAN a wedding is key. The fact Manbok is officiating so called wedding, if it were real he would have told Jun. When Jun took La La away Dr Cha and Manbok were fine.  SK and HY looked frustrated like our demo video /advertising is DONE for.  EVERYONE knows how much these two like each other.  Still despite it all, Jun could not go further knowing that she would marry another. (Could you not have faith and trust in her? Then again she did willingly marry a guy her dad chose for her. Granted he was smitten with her, La La was not feeling anything much just listening to her dad.)

-Nice to see that La La knows from Jun how they met. She now thinks recital but we know Jun saw her before the recital. I guess she was totally his TYPE from the get go. She has vibrant lovely eyes, cute face and beautiful smile. Her sunny energy and vivacious charm ---no wonder why he got smitten. She truly brightened up his dark dreary days of grief and depression over the loss of his friend.

-When Jun recounted how he disliked how they said good bye was same with his BF. When he saw her in the accident in the car, he thought the worse. Glad that La La said the simple words he NEEDED to hear--it was not your fault.  (His dad just was mean and not empathetic. Mom too did not say those words he needed to her. But La La bless her heart. Also his BF would not want Jun feeling guilt ridden the rest of his life due to his friend's death. Gave La La the key to help him work and recover his heart and move on from that pain. 

Cannot wait til next week for more episodes.

Listening to the OST and this song til then.

-

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

also that they met at the juice place when RaRas wallet was stolen by the stalker makes sense because when Jun went to the stalker’s place he saw the student ID and reacted as if he was already aware of the stolen wallet incident. Now I wonder what happened exactly that day that made Jun fall for Rara. Hope we find out soon!! 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Raynaa said:

also that they met at the juice place when RaRas wallet was stolen by the stalker makes sense because when Jun went to the stalker’s place he saw the student ID and reacted as if he was already aware of the stolen wallet incident. Now I wonder what happened exactly that day that made Jun fall for Rara. Hope we find out soon!! 

curious when writer would disclose rara n jun first meeting.....i pretty sure, their first meeting is in cafe when rara lost the wallet.

• Like 3
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol, 도도솔솔라라솔