[Drama 2020] Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol, 도도솔솔라라솔

larus

I do want to point out some facts as I see it with Dr Cha and Lala's "wedding" and why it's probably fake now that I've had some time to think about it:

-Lala's character on the whole feels uncomfortable with telling lies and keeping secrets, so doubt she would do this to Jun. If she had changed her mind, she would probably have told him straight out....but she clearly loves him, even knowing his real age now, so doubt she wouldn't wait for him. :kiss_wink:

-HY and SK spent a lot of time and effort trying to get Jun & Lala back together again. Even in Episode 12. So I doubt that they would suddenly turn on Jun. I could even see them getting Jun if Lala had somehow been talked into marrying Dr Cha for some other reason.

:heartxoxo:

-We never got to hear about HY & SK's business plan and both of them are good at wedding related things (HY- make up & SK-filming)...Also, this show seems to throw out red herrings like no other! Lots of fun tricky twists and turns.

-Grandpa is also fond of Jun for having saved his life and can communicate with him over the phone to send his concert footage...so he'd be the first to left Jun know if anything was going on. :heart:

-If Dr Cha was getting married, you'd think he would invite Lala's ex/ runaway groom because they're really good friends. But he didn't get an invite and had to find out on social media and through a friend....so seems unlikely to be a real wedding. It looks like he drove up with Dr Cha's wife because they were probably nosy and maybe annoyed they weren't invited? :lol:

-One weird thing I noticed when the TWD ladies were talking to the camera was that they said "It's fun to plan a wedding" instead of "It's fun to go to a wedding"...not sure if this is just Netflix's translations, but I remember thinking that's a weird thing to say. So clearly it's got something to do with the planning. :no_mouth:

-Finally everyone knows how madly in love Jun is with Lala :love: .... I can't tell if they forgot to tell him or purposely "forgot" to tell him...because even if they'd told him he would have been so jealous especially because the groom was Dr Cha. He would never allow it :tounge_wink:

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

jun also really said he tried hard not to like rara, I’m sure some of that was his guilt towards his friend. Not wanting to like the girl his friend liked. 

I think if he hadn’t met her first he would have been thankful to his friend as he met Rara because of him. But that hasn’t been shown. They have just indicated resistance to like her which seems like guilt . So yes he has met her before the Recital♥️

also about the keychain I wonder if RaRa gave it to him cos it tells other girls he’s taken :D;) it’s so obvious a girl bought it!!

Ok, just finished a re-watch and these are my thoughts. Apologies in advance for a veryyyy long post!

Episode 12

- I liked this episode a lot for all the good and terrible emotions it stirred in me while watching. This show is just so fun and crazy and it's hard to predict what will happen exactly. You guess some things...and then other things whack you on the head out of nowhere!

-Ahhhh, the reunion!!   Every bit as heart fluttery as I wanted it to be...their gaze, the way he held her 

:kiss_wink::kiss_wink::kiss_wink:

-I loved their heart to heart. it covered all the heavy topics with a refreshing lightness that doesn't often happen in dramas! I like how they acknowledged that they had both suffered in different ways  Lala's telling of her sufferings sounded so fun, but it really wasn't fun for for her at all and I liked that Jun knew this and didn't misunderstand but joked about how he was the only one who starved. I also liked that they showed how much Jun has been influenced by the town's people through Lala teasing him that he had picked up everyone's personalities. :lol:

-Another thing about that heart to heart: Lala wasn't mad at Jun anymore because she'd had all that time to process why he must have done what he did and she just wanted to hear it from him. She didn't scold him for his choices, but listened and supported him, the way his family haven't in the past. :heart:

- How cute was Jun's speech trying to convince Lala they'd be together in their old age? and THAT ADORABLE WINK!!  He used Lala's own moves against her and she knew it! :tounge_wink: This bit actually reminded me of Clueless again when Lala said something like it'd be gross having to be old and wrinkly together. Such a Cher move!

-Hahaha Poor SK with the threat of needles as he was trying to hold the fort for Jun at the hospital  :joy: I was laughing hard at this, but also feeling so sorry for him!  Him and HY were soooo cool, especially when they gave the money back to Jun's mum  I mean, they would have known they needed the money to start their business later on (something I suspect they had probably planned for awhile given their pitch to the TWD ajummas), but they have the dignity and wisdom not to accept money thrown at them. And did you see the way HY looked proudly at SK when he gave it back? Love is definitely there! I laughed when the TWD ajummas thought those two were spending the night together...not that I blame them! :lol:

- This drama and flutters! :love: I think this has been the most fluttery I've been with a drama for awhile! - Jun pulling his moves and telling Lala that she's all he ever thinks about was very very sweet  

:fullofhearts:

I was dead at this point, but revived by the comical way Lala dodged him and told him he needed to grow a little more. I just really loved the way they handled the age thing with humour - Lala, no matter how much she loves Jun, just wants to do the right thing for him and for herself, but I liked that she told him in her typical Lala way. That sequence was really playful from the way Jun leaned on the pillar and joked about drinking more milk to the way he respected her wishes, but asked her to keep their promise :heart: I just crawled into my coffin at this point, killed by cuteness.

-Heh, Lala talking about lending SK Mimi's clothes made was so funny.

-There is definitely something up with Jun's health - another nosebleed, his mother telling him to get a health check (which he misses to steal Lala from her wedding) and his awful father still pressuring him and his mother...I really, really hope it's not serious :bawling::bawling::bawling:

-The TWD ajummas imaginations about protecting Lala made me laugh SO much!! It was like the perfect comedy sequence with all their costumes and expressions. My favourite was English-speaking ajumma taking the water splash and then jeering at Jun's mum :tounge_xd:

-Can I just say I really, really loved that talk between Jun's mum and Lala? All this time I've been so annoyed at his mum. But it was good to finally see her as an actual person, dropping her facade to reveal vulnerabilities. That Jun was their only child through IVF explains so much about why she guards him with eagle eyes. But I liked how much despite she said she didn't like Lala, she clearly did - no one can resist Lala's charms, not even Jun's mother :relieved:. As for Lala, I liked that she respected Jun's mum because she'd probably always wanted to know her own mother and was empathetic about how hard it must be in her position and how messy their situation was. From the scene where Jun's mother intervened when the father was going to 'do something' I wonder if she will protect Lala outright later. 

-Another motherly scene I loved so much was the one with the hairdresser and Lala just after they got home :heart:  I actually got a bit teary here (And trust me, I am a stone when it comes to tears. Rarely ever cry in dramas or films). I loved the way she felt so heartbroken for Lala selling her car to pay Jun back. And when Lala said that line about giving up cherished things sometimes, I loved the way she hugged her. I feel like she gave Lala a bit of the feeling of having a mother, when she needed that most. :bawling:

-That final date was so cute even though you knew the sad bit was coming up - Jun's look of elation when Lala came to him crushed me! Lala's break up letter was so touching and as always, I love that Jun respected her wishes. That's what I love about them both - there are no real misunderstandings. They know each is wanting the best for the other. 

:heartxoxo:

-Upon my re-watch I noticed that Dr Cha still hasn't mentioned to Lala he was at her wedding, just the recital. And also he looked reallllly uncomfortable when she said he was DDSSLLS. I wonder if his denial will be an epilogue...Also another thing to add to the fake wedding. One time when Jun called and told Lala not to spend too much time with Dr Cha, she tells him that he's feeling jealous over nothing...and Mimi says so too. So I'm gonna trust Mimi on that one for sure!

:cutekitty:

OMG thanks all saw Ep 12 last night.

Now 11am at work and waiting for lunch time on a rainy Friday 13th here.

Thanks for the great posts, theories etc. Thanks @Just_Me for the BTS. So cute.

@JenL You always hit the points I love about this drama and each episode.

If you don't cry or tear easily and this drama is touching your heart--Awwwww.

I used to be like you. As I got older, I became more of a softie. I think now being teary is just cleaning up my eye tear ducts. Nothing wrong to get a cleaning here and there when needed. 

@Ameera Ali Those gifs and pics of their last DATE as well as the neighborhood ladies getting ready to defend La La from Jun's mom at the cafe---their loyalty and desire to protect their own--awww. OMG so sweet.

@Mapleoaks5 @Rilabear Yup I did note the glasses and that Jun did meet her way before the recital before knowing his BF liked her. I did note the Korean his bestie called La La to him. (All those year of Korean dramas paid off LOL)  this is a VERY important nuance. So for him to feel sad and a bit guilty for liking La La makes sense.

Others have expressed well many thoughts I had of Ep 12

-La La and Jun on their date. Their smiles and just enjoying being together. When La La told Jun to get the bike I had a feeling she would leave him. (She has has such as soft heart and her heart couldn't bear telling him in person and leaving him. She was RIGHT that Jun would say /reject her telling them to break up). But during their time together they were comfy. Jun talking about their 5 year age gap as NOTHING big after 40 and when they are wrinkly and senior citizens. LOL if La La was very concerned she would not have met up with him.  But she does care and has feelings for him. But also she KNEW she had to do the right thing as he is at an important point in his life.

-I forget if in ep 11 or ep 12 but when La La said she felt she did not know Jun. Glad Manbok told her YOU know him. He may have deceived you but YOU know the real him. How he treats you? Such a tsundere for her. Saying he won't do things for her but he DOES to it. How he looked forward to her asking him for money so he could help her. Building that space for her to visit him and be comfy, growing the lettuce to make her fave salad, always being at her beck and call. LOL the guy has it bad for her. When SK called Jun telling him of her accident on the bike he came FLYING down to Eunpo to the hospital.

-La La talking to Jun's mom (I appreciated she was not hysterical and screaming and when she planned to hand money over to her) she did the same to her. Giving back the money lent to her by Jun (sad she sold JuJu but the right thing to do even if she had to give up her beloved car and that sacrifice). Even Jun's mom grudgingly had to like La La. She had a prejudice against her but hearing what La La Said. Understanding Jun has to study and at a critical age with his future being involved, she wants him to have the BEST future. I mean you know it is true. When you love someone you set them free. She is setting him free to relieve him to not worry of her and think of her constantly. (Poor guy will still think of her as she is his GOAL when he CAN finally date her.) Jun's mom sharing how she got IVF late in life to have Jun. How La La said he is precious to you and I was precious daughter too. That respect and understanding, I really applaud La La as all the while it must have broken her heart.

-Jun and La La talking about how they fared during their time apart. LOL Jun speechless that La La could eat (overeat ) and sleep well while he was starving himself and not sleeping well. I liked she said I kept myself busy so I could NOT think of you. Poor Jun was like but I think of you constantly. awww These two crazy kids.

-I noted that both SK and HY were wearing black (like trying to look like Steve Jobs ie like Do San in Start Up) when telling the ladies and mom's not going to college and wanting to start a business. I think that is smart way for them to take advantage of their gifts and obviously academics is not their forte. 

-Plus when La La's ex fiance was shown the IG post it was "joyful/ joy wedding" as the account. So right there not on La La's personal IG. So DEF agree with all that is for the business advertising. Also as noted by others, the ladies in the neighborhood said nice to PLAN a wedding is key. The fact Manbok is officiating so called wedding, if it were real he would have told Jun. When Jun took La La away Dr Cha and Manbok were fine.  SK and HY looked frustrated like our demo video /advertising is DONE for.  EVERYONE knows how much these two like each other.  Still despite it all, Jun could not go further knowing that she would marry another. (Could you not have faith and trust in her? Then again she did willingly marry a guy her dad chose for her. Granted he was smitten with her, La La was not feeling anything much just listening to her dad.)

-Nice to see that La La knows from Jun how they met. She now thinks recital but we know Jun saw her before the recital. I guess she was totally his TYPE from the get go. She has vibrant lovely eyes, cute face and beautiful smile. Her sunny energy and vivacious charm ---no wonder why he got smitten. She truly brightened up his dark dreary days of grief and depression over the loss of his friend.

-When Jun recounted how he disliked how they said good bye was same with his BF. When he saw her in the accident in the car, he thought the worse. Glad that La La said the simple words he NEEDED to hear--it was not your fault.  (His dad just was mean and not empathetic. Mom too did not say those words he needed to her. But La La bless her heart. Also his BF would not want Jun feeling guilt ridden the rest of his life due to his friend's death. Gave La La the key to help him work and recover his heart and move on from that pain. 

Cannot wait til next week for more episodes.

Listening to the OST and this song til then.

-

also that they met at the juice place when RaRas wallet was stolen by the stalker makes sense because when Jun went to the stalker’s place he saw the student ID and reacted as if he was already aware of the stolen wallet incident. Now I wonder what happened exactly that day that made Jun fall for Rara. Hope we find out soon!! 

2 hours ago, Raynaa said:

also that they met at the juice place when RaRas wallet was stolen by the stalker makes sense because when Jun went to the stalker’s place he saw the student ID and reacted as if he was already aware of the stolen wallet incident. Now I wonder what happened exactly that day that made Jun fall for Rara. Hope we find out soon!! 

curious when writer would disclose rara n jun first meeting.....i pretty sure, their first meeting is in cafe when rara lost the wallet.

DDSSLLS Filming Locations

The one main (non-actor related) thing I'd been super interested in since the drama started was where the drama was filmed seeing as I read somewhere than Eunpo is a fictional city? Does anyone know if this is true? The place reminded me a lot of Gamcheon Culture Village in Busan, but it also didn't look the same...so I started looking at the all the stuff about the filming locations. The drama is filmed in Mokpo and it looks like a cute place to visit! I like travelling and with covid restrictions stopping that, planning future trips to new places has been my way of getting by. I also like going to filming locations as long as they're somewhere worth going to (ie. I'm not going to look for a location if it's just a wall or something, but if it's a museum or cafe or somewhere I'd go to or stay at as a tourist, I put it on a list of places to visit)...Anyway, if you're interested in the locations of DDSSLLS, I've written a filming locations travel guide: 

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/11/filming-locations-for-do-do-sol-sol-la.html

(Hahaha, you know the addiction is real now :lol:)

Here's the cafe where Jun works - you can see Jun and Lala in the top pic:

Jxzvn6u.jpg

We will get a new female with 4 episode left. 

Wp writter hahaha this remind me with more than friends who also had similar new female out of nowhere. Hopefully we dont go that drama route because the drama is so badly written that make me sick to watch it. 

Atleast with this i am really loving it because it is fun and easy to watch. 

Jun ah... grow faster so you can date rara quickly!!

3 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

We will get a new female with 4 episode left. 

Wp writter hahaha this remind me with more than friends who also had similar new female out of nowhere. Hopefully we dont go that drama route because the drama is so badly written that make me sick to watch it. 

Atleast with this i am really loving it because it is fun and easy to watch. 

Jun ah... grow faster so you can date rara quickly!!

Hope the new character does not affect rara n jun loveline....the new character is cameo, so i hope she did not give a big impact.

the next episode preview look promising with rara and jun at beach and i can't wait for that scene....it look ridiciously wonderful:hooray2: 

But i still got a feeling that jun n rara would be seperate for a long time before they get back together....writer please give us a sweet scene rara n jun.

20 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Jun is so cute trying to play the piano and Ara trying to teach him some simple ones :)

Aww... I'm so disappointed that Jun can't play piano nor guitar in real life. :joy: I thought he really know how. Oh well... got fooled by drama god.

Love that Rara can play piano for real. Love the Richard Clayderman piece she played at the end.

14 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Aww... I'm so disappointed that Jun can't play piano nor guitar in real life. :joy: I thought he really know how. Oh well... got fooled by drama god.

Love that Rara can play piano for real. Love the Richard Clayderman piece she played at the end.

I also thought he would at least know one instrument but when I watched their Swoon interview, that's when I learned about it.

Yeah, I always knew Go Ara knows how to play piano because she played also in her drama Miss Hammurabi :)

15 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Aww... I'm so disappointed that Jun can't play piano nor guitar in real life.  I thought he really know how. Oh well... got fooled by drama god.

maybe after this drama jun can play guitar and piano very well...:blush:

Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol: Episodes 11-12 Open Thread

by missvictrix

DDSS1112_1.jpg

We’ve reached the point in our story where the truth is out in the open. Secrets are revealed, lovers are forced apart, and though they might understand each other, there are still many barriers to their relationship. But thanks to all the people on their side of the court, all is not yet lost.

EPISODES 11-12 WEECAP

As we learned last week, Lala has found out about Joon’s true age/identity, and indeed, told his mother where they were meeting. He’s dragged away (agh, the pain of this twice!), and we jump a month in the future.

Lala has a new sleek hairdo, and is busy eating, dancing, and keeping busy (almost manically), so she doesn’t have to dwell on Joon. Joon, on the other hand, is literally being kept under lock and key by his mother, like a reverse rapunzel, chained to his ivory tower. His elaborate escape ladder from the beginning of the show makes a whole lot of sense now, because that’s actually what it would take for him to get away again. Or maybe an eagle can come and carry him away back to Eunpo? Joon has no phone, he refuses to eat, and he’s steamrolled into being a studying machine, told that his future is on the line.

DDSS1112_3C.jpg

This month apart is difficult on our hearts, and it’s a rough separation because they never got to talk, Joon never got to tell her the truth himself or explain, etc. After multiple escape attempts, he finally manages to send her a love letter in the shape of sheet music for their song, “The Pleasure of Love.” What a nice touch.

Though this parting and sadness suck, the sweet genius of Do Do Sol Sol comes to our rescue here, and while we’re enduring this pain, we are treated to more of Joon and Lala acting out haraboji’s romance with his wife.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/11/do-do-sol-sol-la-la-sol-episodes-11-12-open-thread/

Those looking for the Piano pieces for DDSSLLS, I put all the tracks here: 

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/11/music-do-do-sol-sol-la-la-sol-classical.html

This is Pleasure of love Jun + Lala's song

Pretty Much Every Go Ara picture in a wedding dress from DDSSLLS:

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/11/instagram-updates-pretty-much-every-pic.html

Just added the new stills as well. Here's one with Lala's ex-groom

bbpbma7.jpg

Lee Jae Wook, Go Ara, And “Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol” Cast Show Their Warm Family Bond Behind The Scenes

a5ca5587b1a44edeb3088f66b3f365be.jpeg?s=

Nov 16, 2020
by C. Hong

KBS has shared some warm-hearted behind-the-scenes photos from the set of “Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol”!

Spoilers

In recent episodes, the dynamic romance between Goo La La (Go Ara) and Sun Woo Joon (Lee Jae Wook) continued to move in unpredictable directions. After they were forced to part ways, the couple managed to reunite, but then Goo La La decided to say goodbye again temporarily for Sun Woo Joon’s sake.

Six months later, viewers were surprised to see her preparing for a suspicious wedding with Cha Eun Suk (Kim Joo Heon). Having heard this news, Sun Woo Joon raced to the wedding venue and took her out by the hand.

The new behind-the-scenes stills are from the filming of this episode, as well as the episode in which Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook played the younger versions of Kim Man Bok (Lee Soon Jae) and his wife, Shim Soon Ja. Kim Joo Heon also played the rival in that old love triangle, with all three actors dressed up in retro period costumes.

do-do-sol-sol-la-la-sol1.jpg

The actors have fun with their costumes in the behind-the-scenes photos, with Go Ara posing from a squatting position in her wedding gown and making a V sign for the camera arm-in-arm with Kim Joo Heon. She also poses with Moon Tae Yoo, who plays Bang Jung Nam, while Lee Soon Jae is a dapper gentleman among a group of older ladies.

A source from the drama stated, “The second movement of Goo La La and Sun Woo Joon’s youth is heading toward its final page. Please stay tuned until the end to see the fate of these lovable characters, who will not lose their warmth and refreshing personalities despite unexpected plot twists.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1438295wpp/lee-jae-wook-go-ara-do-sol-la-sol-cast-family-bond-behind-scenes

Archived