[Drama 2020] Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol, 도도솔솔라라솔

larus

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JenL said:

Looks like they'll drop Go Ara and LJW's Jenga session today.

The Swoon saved all these goodies to help us get through the angst 

This is just the Instagram teaser

i like when we got to see happy moments of them in real life despite a sad moments in last episode:issohappy:

Swinging by just to say I freaking love how wholesome this drama up until now. We are reaching the stage where the angst is high but there is still few light moment that does not make the story feels too heavy. There are a few light moment played for comedic relief but still weave into the story well it does not feel disconnected at all. That whole sequence in the hospital when HY and SG talked about Jun's mom to Jun's mom appearing until Jun's mom discover Gangster ahjusshi at the hospital seems seamless because it still gives us information and not just filler scenes while providing light moment.

I guess what I love the most throughout this story is how everyone has their own personality and they stay true to it. I don't have to crack my head trying to understand anyone's behaviour no matter how flawed it seems. Even with Dr Cha, while some feels uncomfortable with his intention in earlier episode, I don't really mind it because it never felt truly malicious and he is playing the daddy-long-legs character quite well for both Ra Ra and Jun. Every side character has their own personality and story and it has never been sacrificed for the sake of both main leads storyline.  :hwaiting:

I am looking forward to revelation who Twinkle Little Star really is. It is not confirmed it was the stalker AJH right? or did I miss any confirmation? The DoDoSolSolLaLaSol is a precious memory for Ra Ra and I really do not want it to be tainted by the stalker.

I wish I could quote each of the comments above. Even I thought Ep 10 would be serious and tense. But for the most part I was laughing. It began on a very intense note and ended sad (but kinda acceptable), but the riot in between was another level :sweat_smile:. Jun's mom blowing a fuse with the ajhummas, reuniting with the gangster in the hospital after overhearing her name in the hallway (agree with whoever said they should get together), Dr Cha cracking dad jokes in the beginning when Ha-yeong and Seung-gi are looking at Jun and Ra Ra, and Ha Yeong's mom trying to act shy/whisper into Dr Cha's ears while all hell is breaking loose. 

Also that initial scene when Ra ra tells Jun about her dad was serious awww... 

On a side-note, did anyone else keep refreshing Netflix every two minutes for an hour yesterday? I went mad thinking they might delay by a day.

8 hours ago, Just_Me said:

The phone change since dinner scene, when Rara and Hayoung on bathroom then Rara got a call. You can see she already use new phone. 

Ah, i missed that. That makes more sense. Lol.

1 hour ago, Binal Doshi said:

On a side-note, did anyone else keep refreshing Netflix every two minutes for an hour yesterday? I went mad thinking they might delay by a day.

Same here. I was refreshing every min for a whole hour before I saw thr delay announcement.

I wonder if Rara will find the picture of her with Jihoon in Jun's drawer. From the preview it seems she'll be spending the night in Lala's Land, she must've missed him.:criesariver:

I think this is one of the most unexpectedly refreshing dramas I have watched. Both the story line and the characters are really such heart warming.  I look forward to each episode. The actor playing the FL really does a fantastic job. She is so convincing as this cute, adorable, good hearted but a little on the naive side.

Also I really loved the side love story of grandfather. It was super cute to see Jun and Rara playing the role of grandfather and his lady love. That was another unexpected touch that really made my heart warm.

Could Rara's piano teacher be the secret angel in Rara's life?

Only just finished watching this episode!! So much happened so it was interesting and exciting and so. full. of. angst . I just wanted him to be able to tell her the truth.

:criesariver:

Episode 10

- I have to say I was glad they started with the happy scene with the meal with everyone or I would have been so super sad! 

- Man, that stalker was clearly crazy and deluded Although him telling Rara she came to Eunpo to see him feels like we can't rule him out in the running to be DDSSLLS. Though I doubt he'd be able to send her a fancy piano. Still this drama is written in a clever way that you don't feel like you can completely rule out anyone from the suspect list!!

:fear:

- I really loved that everyone just assumed that Jun was older....so really he didn't lie to everyone....unfortunately the one person he lied to directly was Lala though. Watching her process the emotions hurt a lot!  (But hilariously, once again, Lee Jae Wook being told he has a mature face! Both on screen in character and off screen) :joy:

- Mimi's responses to Jun's mum was so cute. Hahaha all that cued smiling....Mimi, my only ray of sunshine in this angst-filled episode

:cutekitty:

-Oh God Jun's mum hearing second hand gossip from the TWD ladies....I was like nooooooooo....I love those aunties, but it was like they were giving her the wrong bits of information!! It was the first time I was like, "Shut uppppp!!!" 

:Furious:

-Thank God for HY and SK this episode. I loved that they tried so hard to protect both Lala and Jun, even though they were mad at Jun for not revealing his age. I liked that they wanted to respect Jun's decision to tell Lala himself, but other things got in the way. I also liked that they stood up to Jun's mum and it looks like in the previews they're going to try to break into Jun's house to try to reach him. I wonder if his dad has really hurt him or if Jun has hatched another plan to escape. :(

-Although it was an intense episode, the humour was so good. I was dead from laughing when Jun's mum saw the thug and came in to talk to him and the hairdresser asked the thug "ARE YOU A GIGOLO?" :tounge_wink: And I also loved that everyone, literally everyone has assumed Jun's mum is having an affair. For someone who cares about her image, she's not doing a good job of protecting it, that's for sure!

- It was devastating for Rara to find out about Jun's age and identity from the thug :bawling::bawling::bawling: 

- I think because it was so crassly said, and just dropped onto her soon after she woke up. It was really for Jun to tell her, in this own gentle way rather than for it to be smacked into her face. 

- But I do love how fast-paced and action filled and twisty this episode was. You can never predict what will happen and that's really the crux of why I've enjoyed this drama so much. It's fun and quirky and left of centre in a very heartwarming way :love:

First off love seeing friends I have not seen from other forums in the group! Thanks for joining the party!

So HAPPY to see you all here! @backstreetboysfan @LeftCoastOppa  etc.

Thanks again @JenL for the BTS pics and another great post on EP 10. You covered all the feels and points that hit me as well. Bravo! :elated: Love it!

@Just_Me and @LeftCoastOppa Yup 20 is the official age of adulthood in Korea it seems . I recall way too MANY announcements of teen idols for their "adult" coming of age presents/gifts announcements in the media. See more in the spoilers.

Spoiler
What is coming of age in Korea?
Coming of Age Day” ceremony or “Gwan Rye “(관례; 冠禮) is held on the Monday of the third week of May and performed by men and women turning 20 in the same year to signify their debut into adulthood as independent individuals. 

https://www.sbs.com.au/popasia/blog/2014/05/19/kpop-idols-celebrate-coming-age-day-south-korea

Still, the legal drinking age is 20 (or more specifically Jan 1 of the year the person turns 20, since everyone is considered a year older when the year turns). from 

https://www.frommers.com/destinations/south-korea/planning-a-trip/fast-facts

Below are some other legal ages worthy of note (in Korea):

1) Age of criminal responsibility: 14

2) Age of civil/tort responsibility: 14-15 (according to case law)

3) Age of (sexual) consent: (technically) 13

4) Legal drinking age: 20*

5) Minimum driving age: 18

6) Marriageable age: 18

7) Legal working age: 18

8) Minimum (mandatory) enlistment age: 18

9) Voting age: 19

10) Age of candidacy: 25 (lawmaker); 40 (President)

*19 if the year in which you turn 20 has already commenced.

https://klawguru.com/2016/12/03/legal-age-laws-in-south-korea/

At what age are you considered an adult in South Korea?

You must be 19 years old to be legally considered as an adult. Let's say you were born on June 15, 2000. 19 years from that day is June 15, 2019. However, as long as it's the same year (the 19th year), you are legally an adult starting on January 1st. So starting on the first day of 2019 you become an adult in South Korea even though you are not technically 19 years old yet.

https://www.9korea.com/answers/law/at-what-age-are-you-considered-an-adult-in-south-korea/#:~:text=You must be 19 years,legally considered as an adult.

@kdramagrandma  Waving hello! Great to see you here too! I love the execution of this story very much as well. Wholeheartedly agree with all your points, such a pure and sweet drama. Though there are scary moments (the stalking and darkness) it is overall a sweet drama. I love that the side characters are all have stand up side stories. I loved Dr Cha (again I love the actor as I have said before) he might have had interest in La La but when he realized his pursuit was not welcomed, he stopped and though surprised he was rejected so quickly. He was still a gentleman.  I feel he had the BURNOUT and now he has serious health issues. I mean HY noticed he takes ALOT of pills and when he fibbed they were vitamins, she wanted some he denied her. Who takes so many pills ? Only Dr Cha and he had to to Seoul for routine check ups def feels he is there to take it easy in Eunpo and enjoy life without much stress.

I mean with his Ex Wife Dr. Cha when they were arguing to divorce. She did not get he was giving up SO much in her eyes status, wealth and prestige. He was thinking-burn out, wife and him no longer in a good relationship, he has health issues and wants to take it easy. Plus La La caught his eye and he had a crush on her. I mean who wouldn't? She is bright, sunny and positive. Plus he plays piano and she does too. They have that love of piano together.

I loved seeing La La's struggles with music , hating it and not liking it . But later after she went through the tough learning patch in her life, her instructor was right. Piano is something for the rest of your life . (OMG she almost had such a badly injured wrist after the car accident could have been fatal to her being a pianist). Her piano playing brings her joy and to others. I love how she has her academy there in Eunpo. When the Ajummas making gimbap. Even stalker asking her to play or grandpa when she was playing in that open area. Originally grandpa scared her and then later realized he really wanted to hear that one song. Or cutie pie Jae Min couldn't read notes but he had a musicality and sense of music she could teach. Her musical prodigy. 

The stalker has issues and glad he is captured. The gangster waking up to see the hairdresser and then getting irritable and not thanking her to save him. LOL. I feel he WILL also want to play piano. La La is so charming.

Jun definitely want to run away again. Won't solve anything. But I am concerned him being taking to the hospital. I wonder if that is his way to get out of the prison (ahem home) for easier escape later?

Grandpa such a sweetie, Dr Cha about knowing the secret and protecting Jun---they knew he was planning to tell La La and giving him time. He was on that VERGE just another 24 hours. But he NEVER got his chance. To have La La find out his age not from Jun sucked but from the Police was devastating. 

So agree Jun's mom and Mimi is adorbs. LOL. But who doesn't love the BTS of EVERYONE falling in love with the dog that plays Mimi from Goo Ara to Lee Jae Wook. The clips of BTS with Lee Jae Wook trying to get the dog's attention was cute. Or Goo Ara getting kisses from the dog then being told this dog NEVER really does kisses. The look of joy and happiness from Goo Ara was priceless.

Jae Min's side story about is life and then interactions with everyone sweet. The hairdresser ajumma with her daughter you see her with her neighborhood gals chatting away and helping La La (the gimbap) tutorial. Or even when they were having tea/coffee and invited Jun's mom thinking she was Dr Cha's ex wife to chat. LOL. 

Even the Stalker we see a glimpse of him---not too much. How he first met La La then started stalking her. (Creepy) HE could have been a normal guy and Had not bad looks but having the thought she BELONGED to him alone. OMG no ONE is your possession.

The Kids SK and HY, you know they are not top students. Cute to see that they both ASSUMED Jun was Hyung was HILARIOUS he never outright agreed or said his age. As others stated in this forum, only to La La did he lie.  I loved how they all tried to protect Jun. SK was so mature saying to HY it should be from Jun not them.  So sweet. To have HY think quickly so I am a precious person to you. SK being so shy. LOL hehehehee.

I liked how we saw how he met La La initially we thought messing her dress at her wedding. But later we learned his best friend liked her and he took the pic when they went to her graduation recital.  Both boys were smitten with La La but Jun's pal got his pic with her. 

What caused Jun to leave? Def his being upset that his mom smooshed and hid that he ran away (the whole point to rebel to his dad) upset him. I agree, running away while being a minor is NOT the way. Seems like everyone and I agree he is almost of legal age. 

@confusedheart326 Yup it would be cool if the secret person on IG was her piano teacher. Right now I don't know who. The fact the stalker said to La La he got her to Eunpo to only date another. HMMM. How did he get her to Eunpo? We know she came due to the IG post to her. Also yeah the grandfather side story using our OTP was just too darn CUTE indeed. I loved it as well.

@Binal Doshi I can agree we all were on the laughing, crying, throughout this episode with the range of emotions indeed what a roller coaster. Wow who would have thought?

Looking forward to next week! I cannot wait to see the Swoon Jenga game!

19 minutes ago, Nodame said:

Who takes so many pills ?

This might not be related but I did watch some variety about Korean actor/actress/artist and I can vouch people who took that many pills really do exist. If the storyline will be maintain as light and fluffy as it is continuously showing as of now, Dr. Cha most probably just experiencing burnout and some mental health problems that lead to his burnout and not any terminal illnesses. The scene where he gone to Seoul might be to update how he has been doing and coping with his new life and routine. The scene during Ra Ra recital was a wake up call for him and that is why he is initially feeling so attracted to Ra Ra. While it is suspicious as to why he refused to give the pills to HY if it really is just vitamins, I really really really hope he does not have any incurable illness because I love his repertoire with everyone as the mature-and-sweet-but-sometimes-awkward neighbourhood ahjusshi. :fullofhearts:

@kdramagrandma Thank you for your thoughts about the pills and Dr. Cha to me.

As I have said many times, I love the actor Kim Joo Hun as Dr. Cha so I like his character alot. He is a good addition to the gang as well as the sweet, thoughtful but awkward neighborhood ajusshi (yup like that alot) .

Thanks I HOPE he has no life threatening illness by having all those pills. Just made me suspicious, you cannot blame me. I agree with you too,  I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope as well he has no incurable illness and I that I wish I am 110% wrong!

I really love see this actor in all his dramas. He caught my attention earlier this year in the winter drama Dr. Romantic 2.

@Nodame I also loved him in Dr.

Romantic 2. He’s so good that I almost didn’t recognize him in DoDoSolSolLaLaSol. I hope he can get a leading role soon.

This show is really underrated. I wish more people would pay attention to it. I rewatch episodes multiple times just to tide me over until the next week. Mimi is so cute. Go Ara embodies her role, and I have never seen so much chemistry and cuteness between 2 actors before. 

I hope the angst doesn’t last long. I’d rather have a time skip so I can see Jun and RaRa in the same scene again. I wish this show had more episodes. It would be a good daily drama.

Hi @Rilabear YESH another person who like him ! I do think he is very handsome and has a lovely voice. I loved him as well as the poor manager handling his author in the Kim Soo Hyun hit "It's Ok to Not Be Ok".  Loved him there! As well in this drama he shows his charms as well as Dr. Cha. We know he doesn't get the gal but he is a sweet daddy long legs and does watch out for her and now Jun and others.

:glee:

SWOON gave us ep 8 -kiss in the clouds

I know from last week but it was a sweet moment to remember as we wait for next week's episodes (I know I posted before but to remember these sweet moments nothing wrong with it

Asking La La for a date

I finally caught up with ep 9 & 10.  Glad to see you here @Nodame chingu :dorakiss:

So, I have to get this off my chest first:

Jun is born in 2002?!?!?!  :scream: That means that he's 17 or max 18.

I'm a bit flabbergasted. I was not too happy with the first reveal of the age difference, then I got over it when I thought that he's 19. But if the guy is 17....

Cringe Reaction GIF

On a positive note, I am still loving the music. I loved how they filmed the piano duet with Ra Ra and Jun. It was like their hands were dancing together.

I also loved all the laughs that both Jun's mom and the gangster gave us. I am 100% sure the gangster will become Ra Ra's student - we saw him enjoying Ra Ra's playing very much!

Dr Cha has a competitor now. I will totally ship the hairdresser and the gangster too. :D

And Jun's mom who is giving out money to anyone and everyone - lol :D

The stalker story arc was scary. What a crazy dude! I almost had a fit when he hurt Jae Min in ep 9. :rage: I was still glad that he survived Jun's attack for Jun's sake.

I love how brave Jun is to standing up to his parents. Despite the fact that he's dedicated to finding his own path in life, Ra Ra understood that it was time for the runaway to return to his parents for the time being. In he next episode, we will see Ra Ra deal with the aftermaths of finding out Jun has been lying to her.

Jun's nosebleed in ep 9 and him collapsing in the preview of ep 11 is an indicator that he's not well. I hope that he's not seriously ill. If he is, I wonder if this could be one of the catalysts in the future for Jun's parents giving up on him being a doctor and letting him live the life he wants? Wondering if he might have a disorder that might prevent him from becoming a doctor?

Oh, and my absolutely favorite person in this drama is hands down haraboji! He is the cutest! I love what a great father figure he is for Jun.

MV5BYThlOTFjMmQtMWFmYS00MDkzLWE1NGYtMmRh

Haraboji :heart:

HI my friend @partyon Glad to have you join the party! I joined myself just last week after marathoning 1-6 very quickly before ep 7-8.

Haraboji is a sweetie pie.

Ok as we wait for next week BTS videos

Cutie pie Song Min Jae as our lovely Jae Min (love his cheeks) 

Found some behind making footage to share see in spoilers

Spoiler

I want to see the SWOON Jenga soon! Come out Come out!

20 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Are 19 year olds in Korea really considered minors?

18 hours ago, Just_Me said:

As far as I know, Yes 19yo is considered minor in Korea. 20 yo (Korean age or 19yo international age) is legal age in Korea. Let's wish he get his birthday soon:sweat_smile:

1) It was revealed in ep 10 that Jun is born in 2002 - which makes him either 17 or 18 Western age

2) In SK, you're a minor until you turn 19 in international age

So if Jun is born in December 2002 in the worst case it could be still over a year until he becomes a legal adult at the age of 19 (international age).

Up until ep 10, I was under the impression that he may have already been 19 in international age...

I find this plot twist unnecessary and icky, and am not sure what the writer wants to achieve with this age gap. Showing a grown woman kiss a boy who isn't even an adult yet does not feel right....

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Good Place

It's equally yucky when it's the other way around. A female minor and a male adult. I don't think it's cute.

On a side note:

I put up a poll! Please vote!

11 hours ago, confusedheart326 said:

Could Rara's piano teacher be the secret angel in Rara's life?

Thank you for this! 

I've been turning over all the other options - Grandpa, Dr Cha, the stalker ... none really fit

Until you mentioned it, I had never considered/thought about her teacher, but now I like it the best

Great call :)

2 hours ago, partyon said:

So if Jun is born in December 2002 in the worst case it could be still over a year until he becomes a legal adult at the age of 19 (international age).

I found something interesting about this. Idk if the production team did this on purpose or not. 

Remember the scene where Police found the body that have Jun ID card? You can see some numbers on card. The police finger cover the 2 first digit of series number that indicate birth year. But we can see clearly that 4 number that indicate Month and date : 0610. It's mean Jun born on June, 10th 2002. The present timeline maybe past July as we can see on Rara debt note on Jun's phone. 

3 hours ago, partyon said:

Jun's nosebleed in ep 9 and him collapsing in the preview of ep 11 is an indicator that he's not well. I hope that he's not seriously ill. If he is, I wonder if this could be one of the catalysts in the future for Jun's parents giving up on him being a doctor and letting him live the life he wants? Wondering if he might have a disorder that might prevent him from becoming a doctor?

I think about it too. I don't think someone will easily got nosebleed just because other bump/knock their face. But Jun did. 

This nosebleed things, Jun collapse and the concept of Daddy long legs in form.of Dodosolsollalasol identity remind me of Korean movie Daddy long legs stared Ha Ji Won. I do really wish that the story won't go that way.

I hope Jun really just need more rest as he said. He come from rich family so I bet he never have to work so hard befor. But now he have multiple part time jobs. So maybe his body can't take it well. Let's hope this is the case.

On 11/6/2020 at 2:56 AM, Nodame said:

@JenL OMG your post hit all the SPOTS I adored in ep 9

-Yes grandpa telling our ML to tell the truth . So poetic I agree the flashback using our OTP as the grandpa and his love about the melted chocolate. OMG too cute! I agree they both looked so stunning in the period outfits. 

-Everyone coming together to take care of Jaemin after his performance to sponsor him--the suit, banner, even get Korean BBQ from Dr. Cha (even though he got disqualified) and cheering for our piano prodigy was so heartfelt and lovely. I was overcome with warm fuzzies. Loved it.

Aww thank you! So happy I voiced all the things you loved about that episode too.

You also had a really lovely post about Episode 9! The flashback was adorable. And I thought it was a fun story-telling method to use Lala and Jun as young grandpa and wife because it's a cute, comedic way of telling a story. And when you're in love, everyone' love story sounds like your own :tounge_wink:

Yes, the sense of community in this drama is so adorable. I loved that scene for showing just how close knit and healing this group has been to each other - for Jaemin, but also people like Jun who never had a loving family growing up, Rara whose only family has left her and Dr Cha who needed more of a human connection.

On 11/6/2020 at 2:56 AM, Nodame said:

-Our OTP talking how they help each other. ML telling La La she helped his depression. He looked forward to the debt accumulation actually (lol) favors. And La La cutely telling him he was a positive force in her feeling helpless an hopeless life after her dad died and that manager took off with her money (her trusting him too much to be honest). To souls who found each other and are healing. But he NEEDS to tell her and we know in the previews La La will find out.

-HY finally seeing SK in another /different light. He has always been by her side and she was distracted by ML handsomeness. (Cannot blame her.) But SK finally showing his charms to her. Carrying her as a man and her noting his broad shoulders. Teasing him that she used to be bigger than him (yeah when they were in elementary school) not now.  His being so tender and sweet to her bruise on her knee. You got a pabo for you and keeper. Glad her heart is slowly skipping a beat and getting aware of him. SK is going to be SOOOO Happy soon!  Def see these cuties having their ship sail!

Hahaha, I feel like Jun wanted lend Rara money because it was the only way he could make sure that she would notice him and she woul stay by his side since she has a sense of responsibility, even for a rich girl. And Yes SK!! Finally getting the girl's attention. I like how much of a catch he is for HY and I'm glad she's not blind to it anymore :love: But I'm surprised in the poll above that more people are shipping Dr Cha & the Hairdresser than HY & SK.

On 11/6/2020 at 3:39 AM, Mapleoaks5 said:

I find it kind of funny how the writer adds this stalker/danger aspect into such a cute funny romance. Seems like that’s their MO because they did the same for king Louie. I feel so sad for Jun that he wasn’t able to tell rara his story himself, he was totally preparing to, but then ish just went down. 

I think it's really a style of Korean rom-com though, to give it more excitement. It reminds me of other projects like Strong-Woman Do Bong Soon and even Weightlifting Fairy (for one episode), where there's a stalker or a creep hanging around. I felt really sad for Jun too! It wasn't like he was going to hide it forever, he was literally going to tell her the next day and then things went down :bawling:

On 11/6/2020 at 3:43 AM, Mapleoaks5 said:

Omgosh!!! I totally didn’t make that connection! I was like huh???? I had to think for a second to realize who she was in start up. I didn’t like that she was shrill and seemingly looked down at people, throwing them money like that’s all that matters. But I’m not too worried about her anymore, I think she’ll probably come around. His dad too.

I’m actually wondering about raras inheritance and her dads business. I feel like she may gain all that back? They haven’t even dealt with the shady secretary character and all the dealings with her dads business. 

Hahaha, this actress is in so many things. She's definitely the CEO in Start Up...she was also Goddess Mago in Hotel Del Luna!! Her instagram shows her promoting both dramas at the same time: https://www.instagram.com/seoyisook/

But there's a lot of cross-over with DDSSLLS and Start Up in terms of actors - Dr Cha in DDSSLLS is Dal-Mi's dad in Start Up and Lala's dad in DDSSLLS is her sister's evil step-dad in Start Up !!

I feel like it's likely she will get that money back - but she might still choose to live where she is? It's good that they got the age business, the stalker, the lies and Jun's removal out of the way (at least some of those revelations and resolutions) so they could focus on Lala's backstory in the next few episodes

Archived