[Drama 2020] Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol, 도도솔솔라라솔

2 hours ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

Yes! He does do everything for her. He even started growing the lettuce he needs to make her special breakfast salad since he couldn’t find it elsewhere! Who does that!!? He freaking grew all the different varieties of lettuce just for her! I also love that the little boy witnessed Jun always running towards the  sound her playing piano and told her exactly that. 

when jun start growing salad,the grandfather ask whether he decide to settle down....i like the subtle feeling, as jun know what his priority now. 

i like this writer ways of storyline,she put the additional scene on the main scene like how the child jae min saw jun action to rara piano.

• Like 8
  • Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, thinking back about it, there were some hints that he might be younger. Not sure how the writer thinks this will benefit the plot - I find it weird and would have preferred him being the same ag

I actually really like the reveal of Jun being 19 (at most) and that makes his character all the more interesting in my view because it shows he's different from what typically in an adult's world, wo

New still cuts https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2020/10/27/BW47VTCEJETIIQCCLBYY3DMGWU/?outputType=amp/   So Jun and Rara really met at graduation recital. He came w

Guys, I had to recover my soompi account just to post here. It’s been so long since I was this excited about a drama. :sparklyeyes:

This couple has the best chemistry. I love how he’s always giving her earnest looks. Jae-min is the best for exposing Jun. Also, that blender is the most romantic thing ever. Jun has slowly filled his house with things Lala loves. It used to be just an empty, abandoned flower shop. 

Can’t wait for more episodes. I have already rewatched this show twice. I wish it would gain more attention on TV. The ratings seem really low for KBS2.:criesariver:

• Like 11
  • Love 1

I think Jae min also has a little teacher crush ♥️ he’s just too too cute. The kid was one of the best scenes in the episode. His smile is awwwu.

I’m so confused the series means to somehow categorise the male lead as an adult that’s why 19 and May be that makes the Korean age 20? Or is it that he’s running away from his family because he’s still a minor? I just hope they land up together, after this whole build up of their bond with each other it would be disappointing if they don’t :( 

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1

Just watched ep 5 & 6 ... love love it. Love the suspense & the mystery of the show. There are so many good feelings  about the drama too. Everyone the drama is awesome ... the chemistry of the whole cast is so good. Our OTP is so cute. Jun is so mature in everything except in relationship.  RaRa is innocent to everything :joy: ... she had lead a bubble life... now she is slowly learning with help of everyone and she in turn also help and enrich their lives too. She gives love, hope and self confidence. 

Poor Jun. That was horrible for him to witness his best friend die like that. So traumatising.  His classmates were horrible to say things like that. 

Lol ... the grandpa turns out to be a rich old man who owns the building Jun lives in. He is the old man Jun saved. I think the old man is DoDoSolSolDoLaSol.  Hmm...does he know RaRa before? Wonder what's his background?

I don't think the shop keeper will tell the thugs where grandpa lives. And grandpa has been living in that city for over 30 years. Grandpa also find the creepy young guy odd when he encountered him at Lala land.

Is that person who watches RaRa from downstairs is the same creepy guy who bought the lotion set as well as turn up for piano? I noticed the mysterious guy downstairs has a bit of curly/wavy hair at the side but the creepy young man don't. 

Now we also know that at the graduation recital, Jun was wearing school uniform.  So we have 2 mysterious men watching her at the box. Initially I thought one of the guy was Jun but now we know for sure it is not him.

The poor doctor must have lead a very oppressive live with his ex wife. The way his ex was upset that he voiced his opinion or have anything to say. No wonder he was depress and burn out. Now our Dr got a nickname from RaRa "Mr know it all" :joy:

Turn out he is as smart as our Jun. Both are highly intelligent. 

Seems like everyone has a little secret they keep from RaRa. :joy:

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I actually really like the reveal of Jun being 19 (at most) and that makes his character all the more interesting in my view because it shows he's different from what typically in an adult's world, would expect from a teenager. I see him as a human being first who went through a great trauma (very recently) yet he didn't waste his life away in the typically easy, numbing or hurtful ways (eg doing drugs, drinking, abusive and so on) but he knew he needed a time away from his family and so he left the way he wanted to, in order to figure things out, heal himself without his parents and school mates keeping track of his immediate life progress after a trauma, like a report card.

No one in his situation would think to meet RaRa again after that wedding bouquet delivery. I would have answer similarly to him if anyone ask about my age when I don't exactly know the person well and I don't think I will encounter that person again. (as he said to himself) For example, if I look very young  and to reveal my true age in the 30s to someone in the early 20s; he/she would be shocked etc and the conversation usually turns towards a direction that can be exhausting to listen/say over and over. This is just my personal view from my own experience of trauma and age-related issues. If anything, it's way ok to write a different story from what it's expected of your one life and I'm glad the writer of this drama did this with Jun's character.

We've seen him as the mature person overall and RaRa also being observant and aware of his feelings and actions that she's also looking out for him so I believe they both will respond well to each other once all of his truths come to light. And so far, RaRa showed other sides of herself because of Jun, so they are important to each other, no matter what happens next. 

5 hours ago, multiloverssss said:

i like this writer ways of storyline,she put the additional scene on the main scene like how the child jae min saw jun action to rara piano.

Exactly my thought and I'm appreciating the writing of the drama, to think it's supposed to be a rom-com (which isn't my cup of tea, watching it because of Go Ara, Lee Jae-wook and the overall awesome casts) but it is more than that to me. 

I've watched "My Secret, Terrius" written by same writer and although not exactly a rom-com, I do see some similar essence that I came to enjoy the writing of that drama. For example, the goodness and warmth of the people surrounding the main characters however "imperfect" or "perfect" they are in our eyes at first. The other being the amount of funny scenes the writer could do in an otherwise serious plot. With that, I shall be patient and trust the developments for each character and as an ensemble of characters to tell the story beneath the mysteries given - who is do do Sol Sol la la Sol, the stalker, Jun's reason(s) for helping RaRa and/or Dr Cha's real motives so far. 

--------------

There's so much to love from the drama so far that I'm rooting for more great scenes of RaRa and Jun (and Mimi) together anytime as much as episode 6 has given good amount of great and fun scenes of the two leads individually that of course, I'll be rewatching this week's episodes again. :D 

-------------

On another note, I like to think that RaRa is like the character in Neil Gaiman's Stardust novel. That instead of Jun being her star, guiding her after the tragic passing of her beloved father, RaRa is like the fallen star character in the Stardust novel, who fell from the sky one day and the main character in the novel had a collision with the star...helped the injured star to find her way back home, fell in love with the star, lots of things happen in between and in the end, the star was the one who saved both herself and him from the evil witch. I love how the star could defeat the evil witch so yes I do recommend to read and/or watch the film version of Stardust even though I pretty much summarised the story. :) 

• Like 11
  • Love 2

Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol: Episodes 5-6 Open Thread

by missvictrix

DDSS0506_00.jpg

As business picks up for our heroine and new students find their way to her, our focus shifts to our hero, and his mysterious backstory. Although we have our regular dose of adorability and humor, Do Do Sol Sol also throws us a curveball this week, and it has the potential to change a lot for our characters.

EPISODES 5-6 WEECAP

DDSS0506_2.jpg

The flash of lightning and casual, “Anyeong!” from Lala that triggered Joon’s trauma last week also triggered an OTP-worthy embrace, with Joon seeking comfort from Lala for a few brief moments. When he recovers he doesn’t offer an explanation, but asks her not to say goodbye like that in the future. Lala can be more observant than we realize — especially when it comes to Joon — and after she leaves, she winds up running back to check on him, sensing something wrong. Yes. So much yes!

The two are adorable, sitting in his bed under the blankets (haha okay, Show), and it’s a sweet bonding moment for them. Also, it’s the beginning of the crack in Joon’s facade. We know he’s been hiding a secret, and it’s linked to his friend, but what we learn over the course of this week is what we expected… and so much more.

DDSS0506_5.jpg

Ubiquitous Dr. Cha, who seems to find it perfectly normal to follow teenagers around all day, won’t let up on Joon. It’s when we/he finally remembers their connection, though, that we have our game-changing moment. Dr. Cha remembers running into Joon when he dropped something at an event, and Joon handed it to him. A little digging and he finds out that Joon is actually the only son and sole heir of a huge hospital. Oh, also, he’s a high school senior.

Soooo that happened. The runaway chaebol part I got (and we guessed), so that made sense. And getting glimpses of his horrible family life and suffocating/soulless father made his running away completely understandable. Even the reveal around the accident that caused his best friend’s death — that worked too. But I can’t wrap my head around why the story wants him to be a high schooler.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/do-do-sol-sol-la-la-sol-episodes-5-6-open-thread/

• Like 6
12 hours ago, nona88 said:

Dont get me wrong in my personal view I dont mind rara  and jun  cause of the age problem they so fit together  with their personalities but the problem  I know how Korean viewers going to affect  this drama plot  after that ( forget kissing and overly  romance  the korean viewers going to even start complaining to the court about this drama - yeh they did that before) that why i said I was dragged into a mess ( a mess when drama plot being affect by the  viewers I hate that the most)

Haha, according to Korean comments from this blog...they don't seem to mind too much :joy: I think it's more the international fans who are trying to reconcile whether it's legal, possible and how ok they feel about everything, to be honest. I've pasted 2 comments below:

1. [+468][-1] So the fact that he didn't have a license and was a middle school graduate was because he was a minor ㅠ  All this time this grandma here was shamelessly calling you 'Oppa, oppa', Jun-ah

2. [+378][-3] Now that I know he's a high school student, his nature to want to look good to her as a younger man has appeared, it's seriously really heart fluttering

See the rest of their comments here: https://netizenkore.blogspot.com/2020/10/naver-tv-do-do-sol-sol-la-la-sol_22.html

2 hours ago, ende said:

I actually really like the reveal of Jun being 19 (at most) and that makes his character all the more interesting in my view because it shows he's different from what typically in an adult's world, would expect from a teenager. I see him as a human being first who went through a great trauma (very recently) yet he didn't waste his life away in the typically easy, numbing or hurtful ways (eg doing drugs, drinking, abusive and so on) but he knew he needed a time away from his family and so he left the way he wanted to, in order to figure things out, heal himself without his parents and school mates keeping track of his immediate life progress after a trauma, like a report card.

I like your point of view. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but it sure is interesting and has been a major talking point! I do think you're right that he defies stereotypes and he's taken a very positive approach to processing his grief and looknig after his own mental health. And it definitely shows his maturity as a person - he is so much more of an adult for his actions and thinking. 

2 hours ago, ende said:

No one in his situation would think to meet RaRa again after that wedding bouquet delivery. I would have answer similarly to him if anyone ask about my age when I don't exactly know the person well and I don't think I will encounter that person again. (as he said to himself) For example, if I look very young  and to reveal my true age in the 30s to someone in the early 20s; he/she would be shocked etc and the conversation usually turns towards a direction that can be exhausting to listen/say over and over. This is just my personal view from my own experience of trauma and age-related issues. If anything, it's way ok to write a different story from what it's expected of your one life and I'm glad the writer of this drama did this with Jun's character.

I also agree that while he's now stuck in a strange situation, it's not uncommon to tell a lie when you meet a stranger and they ask you things. I know I sometimes simplify things when I don't know the person well, so that's probably something similar - he didn't want to be judged for his age so he just picked something easy to avoid talking about it much further. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Done watching ep.6. So I think it's Dr. Cha (the Dodosolsollalasol) based on the preview next week. Rara became closer to him and even gave him a packed lunch.

Well, I don't want to think that Jun is really a high schooler! He's too manly and mature looking guy. 

Have to wait for another week for this...I hope the ratings  rise higher  in the next episodes! 

• Like 5

Not super new content, but when I obsess over a drama, I just like seeing all the photos of one shoot in one place so I can appreciate the prettiness all together...so I collected the Poster photo shoot videos and pictures here. I have to say Go Ara is very generous with behind the scenes photos: 

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/10/pictures-doldolsolsollalasol-poster.html

r08ObbV.gif

But this Behind the scenes video is new!

• Like 4
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Now we also know that at the graduation recital, Jun was wearing school uniform.  So we have 2 mysterious men watching her at the box. Initially I thought one of the guy was Jun but now we know for sure it is not him.

i think the one of the guy is jun....even his wear school uniform, his had a black or dark blue jacket in his hand when he bump with dr cha.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

I managed to watched this week episodes. I was shocked when I found out that Jun is a high school guy. :o I thought that he is 17 but people here mentioned that he is 19. OK, much better.  I was asking myself is he a minor a few times watching him.

Despite this revelation, I still enjoyed watching the last two episodes. I like to see Ra-ra being so innocent,cute and kind. 

Sook-Kyeong did not cut Eun Seok`s hair last time by accident (as I expected) but he cut this time the stalker`s hair. :w00t: He did not say anything but he is not a nice guy like everyone assumed. He took his revenge. I was worried that he could do something to grandpa.

I knew that Jun was traumatised that he lost his friend but to actually witness the accident it is understandable. What a tragic and horrible moment!

This time Rara mentioned Franz Schubert, Night and dreams. I read more about his biography. I am waiting the next piece of music.

• Like 7

This age thing I find really interesting and loved that I didn't see it coming at all. Love a good plot twist. He is 18 (international age)/19 (Korean age) prob very close to turning "20" come 1 Jan 2021 anyway. Jun hasn't taken advantage of the lie in any physical sense and I am really enjoying the juxtaposition of his maturity vs her immaturity. I think it works well to turn preconceptions of "age" and how people are stereotypically supposed to act/behave on its head. So I am not bothered at all. He has proven his metal so to speak and is more mature than RaRa is, due to her sheltered life. 

• Like 7

Everyone, I put a poll up! Sorry for not having time to create one earlier. :kiss_wink:

In any case I must say that I am still enjoying this drama a lot. Episode 6 introduced us to a weird stalker guy who got a hair mishap by ahjumma (she's doing that a lot, no? :D ).

We found out more about Jun's past. It was quite traumatizing for Jun to see his friend Kim Ji Hun pass away like that, and his father's reaction and expectations were clearly enough for Jun to run away. Jun's mother seems to be very worried about her son, and I think we're getting close to Jun being caught soon.... I think that a time jump will be inevitable.

Poor Ra Ra will be shocked that Jun will be gone. She's so fond of him already even though she is growing suspicious.

I have mixed feelings about Dr.Cha. He is withholding the truth from Ra Ra as well, and I was quite glad to see Jun calling him out on that.

The little kid who wanted to learn to play the piano is so adorable. He is also so perceptive - keep it up kiddo! :heartxoxo:

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - I have a feeling that we won't find out yet who he or she is...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I think, more than guessing who is Do do Sol Sol la la Sol, I can't wait for the moment we will know what really happened "behind the scenes" during RaRa's graduation recital. Never knew that early short scene could become so important in many aspects when it started off just being a personal moment between just RaRa and her dad. It even gave the drama title a wonderful meaning when it was being questioned for its peculiar title prior to the airing. 

Another reason why it's worth rewatching every episode, to look out for any detail that may passed off as small part yet it will make sense for the way the whole story is developing. Again, there's so much to love in this drama than I could ever imagine...I was just expecting a simple storyline. So glad Go Ara chose this project for her first rom-com, who knows I may not have it on my watch list. :wub:

18 hours ago, JenL said:

Not super new content, but when I obsess over a drama, I just like seeing all the photos of one shoot in one place so I can appreciate the prettiness all together...so I collected the Poster photo shoot videos and pictures here. I have to say Go Ara is very generous with behind the scenes photos: 

Thank you for compiling and sharing! This drama has sooo many good scenes too so I ended up rewatching the episode to appreciate the main leads and the whole cast. Hard to pick the best. Just hoping for more bts of episodes and interviews (with eng sub!) with the cast throughout the airing. :)

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I just managed to watch all the previously aired episodes and I seriously love this so far.
Ra-ra's character is amazing, she has such a bubbly personality, I feel good just by watching her.

Jun is an alpha male in a totally non-toxic way and despite his age. Great acting by both leads and the whole cast.
This series is a deservingly called a feel-good drama, I hope it will continue this way.

• Like 3
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol, 도도솔솔라라솔