[Drama 2020] Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol, 도도솔솔라라솔

larus

24 minutes ago, inaho101 said:

Okay I only watched the last part of episode 16 and I must say, I’m not too keen about the ending and like everyone said the writer could’ve done it better and I felt like the storyline  reunion between jun and rara is such a disservice to their characters and their love story

I will watch the whole thing later since I’m at work right now but I’m not going to hold my breath. They had such a good run but in the end it lost a bit of sparkle 

luckily all the actors are so good and I believe someone said here that LJW and GA have this amazing chemistry that it just resonates and I too felt like the feelings they are showing is more coming from them and not their characters like the littlest interaction or the subtle touches, is just electric. 

im hoping that they work together in the future just like everyone here 

Also it’s fun reading everybody’s thoughts and glad to meet a lot of people here. I haven’t opened my account in so long since fx and I had to recover my account only to join this thread 

In their interviews and behind the scenes the chemistry is just crazy. Monster union posted the last bts, and they even hugged. Also I noticed that he always caressed her cheek in their kiss scenes. Never seen that in a drama before.

:omg:

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, LJW and GA have AMAZING chemistry. If the drama didn't go down the route of Jun being a minor, they could have really displayed a more intense chemistry onscreen. I think the two of them can pull off a more mature noona romance really well. Especially that Manbok and Sunja kiss (and I'm talking about the BTS one). That was a KISS, and I needed more of that. But alas, that wasn't the case. I hope they work together again in the future, in something a bit more melo (if you know what I mean~).

So... the writer really decided to do ANOTHER bad move in the last episode, honestly I.... sigh 

I think that the whole cast of this drama deserved a much better storyline, it was such a waste of potential and chemistry between Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook.... let's just hope that they will work together again in the future.

About the drama in general: I'll give a grade of 6/10 (being VERY generous... lol)

I still recommend Terius Behind Me/My Secret Terius for those who look for a comfort drama. The writing is SO MUCH BETTER, I promise you!!! The writer really did an amazing job on it, it's a great pity that she didn't do the same thing in DDSSLLS.

Aigo, It's such a regret that we can't see the most handsome version of Jun more than 4minutes..:brokenheart:

Wish too see more of Rara-Jun. Together. At. The. Same. Place.:7555_attack:

3 hours ago, B8lle said:

Does anybody have any information on where to get the DVD they've mentioned? Or is it not available? Havent heard or seen anymore about it. Thanks much. 

Ps. I would've really liked to see an epilogue of how Jun came back and of course the wedding. Maybe an extra episode?!

They are still doing demand survey now. 

Okay so I finally watched the whole episode today and just was flabbergasted with the whole ending. :surprisedwut:

I don’t understand how JUN had to go through such great lengths to have his mom lie to RARA about dying. I was hoping that an epilogue will explain that but since I already watch the last 5 mins of the episode and knew that there’s no epilogue to expect, I was just scratching my head.:waitwhat: They could’ve just made a different scenario and have his mom come see RARA and explain to her what’s happening and have her come see Jun, I think it would’ve been more realistic and to be honest I would’ve accepted if Jun died after that because atleast,  we know that yeah noble idiocy- whatever right, but atleast, a realistic/common explanation transpired but to actually lie and have RARA cry her heart out only for JUN to show up and say TADA! I’m back and have his character justify his action as “ i lied because I want to make sure that I get better first before coming to see you.” like WTH! Show! Why?!! Why?!!:nomeme:

I really felt bad for RARA’s character and how they dealt with this at the very end. 

I’m actually disappointed and the only saving grace for this show is the good acting from the side characters and LJW and GA’s chemistry.

sigh~ show! It could’ve been better but sometimes expectations cant beat reality.

:facepalm:

41 minutes ago, paolaadl said:

So... the writer really decided to do ANOTHER bad move in the last episode, honestly I.... sigh 

I think that the whole cast of this drama deserved a much better storyline, it was such a waste of potential and chemistry between Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook.... let's just hope that they will work together again in the future.

About the drama in general: I'll give a grade of 6/10 (being VERY generous... lol)

I still recommend Terius Behind Me/My Secret Terius for those who look for a comfort drama. The writing is SO MUCH BETTER, I promise you!!! The writer really did an amazing job on it, it's a great pity that she didn't do the same thing in DDSSLLS.

I need another drama to watch and I haven’t watched that one! Is there romance? I tend to like romcoms.

3 minutes ago, inaho101 said:

I don’t understand how JUN had to go through such great lengths to have his mom lie to RARA about dying. I was hoping that an epilogue will explain that but since I already watch the last 5 mins of the episode and knew that there’s no epilogue to expect, I was just scratching my head. They could’ve just made a different scenario and have his mom come see RARA and explain to her what’s happening and have her come see Jun, I think thy would’ve been more realistic and to be honest I would’ve accepted if Jun died after that because atleast,  we know that yeah noble idiocy- whatever right, but to actually lie and have RARA cry her heart out only for JUN to show up and say TADA! I’m back And have his character justify his action as I  lied because I want to make sure that I get better first before coming to see you.

I really felt bad for RARA’s character and how they dealt with this at the very end. 

I’m actually disappointed and the only saving grace for this show is the good acting from the side characters and LJW and GA’s chemistry which was off the charts. 

sigh~ show! It could’ve been better but sometimes expectations cant beat reality.

Yea at this point I feel like it would have been better for jun to die. Never thought those words would come out of my mouth. I legit thought there wouldn’t be anything worse than jun dying, but guess the writer proved me wrong. Your storyline would have worked too, at least it makes a lot more sense. 

4 minutes ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

I need another drama to watch and I haven’t watched that one! Is there romance? I tend to like romcoms.

Yea at this point I feel like it would have been better for jun to die. Never thought those words would come out of my mouth. I legit thought there wouldn’t be anything worse than jun dying, but guess the writer proved me wrong. Your storyline would have worked too, at least it makes a lot more sense. 

yeah same! Like fine let his character die atleast they get to spend time together and finally be honest with each other and none of those BS but yeah no! The writer thought it’s much better to be a jerk to the girl you’ve been pinning for the longest time!

I had to edit my post and gigs because seriously I felt robbed! 

38 minutes ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

Well... I remember that My Secret Terius was described as a romcom before it was released. But it turned out that the final result didn't quite fit in that category. I mean, there's romance in the drama but it's VERY implicit and unobtrusive, you'll understand the reason while watching it. But is still such a great drama!! There's a lot of humor, action, mystery and other things, you can have an idea by watching the clip of the main ost that I posted here yesterday:

Spoiler

The writing is great! I only have good memories of this drama, it warms my heart everytime I remember of it, that's why I'll watch it again in the next few days. I really recommend it.

Actually I get that Jun was scared he never would recover. I mean it is a very serious illness so people react differently with news like that. So he never wanted to give false hope he would recover... sure I also think making them think he passed away a step too far. But at that moment he was at his worst.... I really would have loved to see his friend and ra ra be there for him. I mean it most have been a very lonely recovery even tough his mom was there. I wish writer would have let them tend to him when he clearly needed them. Well we got our happy ending though. :) 

23 minutes ago, sal2 said:

Actually I get that Jun was scared he never would recover. I mean it is a very serious illness so people react differently with news like that. So he never wanted to give false hope he would recover... sure I also think making them think he passed away a step too far. But at that moment he was at his worst.... I really would have loved to see his friend and ra ra be there for him. I mean it most have been a very lonely recovery even tough his mom was there. I wish writer would have let them tend to him when he clearly needed them. Well we got our happy ending though. :) 

true, I get it but instead of lying and making everyone believe that he died. They could’ve just in my opinion, had juns mom if, jun doesn’t like rara to wait for him because who knows he will die, talk to her and be like you know jun has an illness and we don’t think he is going to make it, so I’m here on his behalf to let you know that its the end something like that. 

like that would’ve been more plausible and the last 2 mins of crying and bickering even that one line he said about not blowing her nose off of him was kinda off. 

the kiss yeah sure but I expected so much more and show just :wut:

The earlier episodes were so good that it's a shame that the latter parts were lacking in logic and just pulled in people because of their crazy plot twists. I really do not understand the writer unless they are planning for a second season because there's a lot of explanations that need to be done. Anyway, the chemistry of Go Ara and Lee Jae-wook saved this drama. Them on our screen whatever they're doing is just pure delight! I have never seen Go Ara connect with an on-screen partner this well and so real! I have seen the other dramas of Lee Jae-wook and he's such a raw great talent. He delivered his roles so well every time but his chemistry with Go Ara is off the charts! There are even times in the early parts of the drama and in their sweet scenes that their performances were so believable and heartfelt that it's almost embarrassing to watch as if were intruding in their little intimate moments. Now I just want them to do a drama or movie every year.:) I hope that the drama gods hear us because they deserve a well-written drama with tight logical directions because if they do meet again in a such a drama, with their chemistry, I really think we'll see a skyrocketing hit in the likes that the producers and advertisers would call them nonstop;)

Not a great ending but it is okay. I wished there was an epilogue or they extend for another 15 min or so to give a glimpse of Jun and Rara daily life afterwards.

I assume Jun health was getting worse the month before christmas and he was really sick during christmas, he might have thought he wouldnt survive and why he pre-record the piano video. He was definitely looking forward to be there at the party. He even returned Rara's teacup, which is significant for him - as if he accepts he might not be Rara's husband.  At least Jun's mom came to Rara that night, i'm sure Rara would have waited for him for days or months otherwise, not knowing anything. I realized that Jun's mom never said Jun died in words, Rara made that conclusion and the mom never corrected her, probably because she was also not sure if he will survive.

But 5 years! He should have at least contacted her when he was showing positive recovery. What if she actually move on and get married and have kids? That'll be an awkward reunion. 

Edit:  my kind of plot twist, Rara got married to Dr Cha for real and they have kids (I can see them together out of respect and care for each other, not everyone marries for love). Then Jun returns!

Serve you right Jun.  :Furious:

I get why the story ends where it ends. Now that Jun is an adult, he can be his own person (not that he never was) and choose what he wants to do - be with Rara. Its all left to our intepretation on how the story of them will continues on. Such that the writer does not need to detailed out all the other questions revolving Jun i.e. what he ended choosing for his study or not, inheriting his family foundation, his parents etc. 

Manbok haraboji was assumed to pass on after 5 years. It is sad if he also thought Jun died.

Up to ep 13, this was a strong drama in terms of writing. Then Ep 14 happened. Ep 14 and 16 definitely the weakest.

I want Jae Wook and Ara in another drama or movie or photoshoot or video interview together! I cant get enough of them. Their chemistry is what saves ep 16. 

47 minutes ago, gongju0110 said:

The earlier episodes were so good that it's a shame that the latter parts were lacking in logic and just pulled in people because of their crazy plot twists. I really do not understand the writer unless they are planning for a second season because there's a lot of explanations that need to be done. Anyway, the chemistry of Go Ara and Lee Jae-wook saved this drama. Them on our screen whatever they're doing is just pure delight! I have never seen Go Ara connect with an on-screen partner this well and so real! I have seen the other dramas of Lee Jae-wook and he's such a raw great talent. He delivered his roles so well every time but his chemistry with Go Ara is off the charts! There are even times in the early parts of the drama and in their sweet scenes that their performances were so believable and heartfelt that it's almost embarrassing to watch as if were intruding in their little intimate moments. Now I just want them to do a drama or movie every year.:) I hope that the drama gods hear us because they deserve a well-written drama with tight logical directions because if they do meet again in a such a drama, with their chemistry, I really think we'll see a skyrocketing hit in likes that the producers and advertisers would call them nonstop;)

this!!! Literally me the whole time.:bashful:

And I could not even said it any better the chemistry is just!:evilelmo:

They were just bouncing off electrons from  each other. It’s ridiculous!

I really do hope we see them together again! It’ll be awesome and having a better storyline to boot! :takemymoney: - take my monehhh!!! 

I'm hesitant to watch 16 based on comments I've peeked at and those last two episodes.  Am I going to have a rage fit? God it was so fun, funny and heart fluttering...sigh, I might have to give up K Drama's. Still pissed over Born Again last eps and Alice...RickRoll'D?

1 hour ago, GingerK said:

I'm hesitant to watch 16 based on comments I've peeked at and those last two episodes.  Am I going to have a rage fit? God it was so fun, funny and heart fluttering...sigh, I might have to give up K Drama's. Still pissed over Born Again last eps and Alice...RickRoll'D?

Yea you’re probably going to be pissed. I personally would watch it, only because I was so invested in these characters. I rewatched the latter half because the first time around I fast forwarded it and even still knowing the ending, I cried. Thats how much the characters have grown on me. Maybe if you go into it knowing what to expect, you’ll be able to handle it better. 

3 hours ago, gongju0110 said:

The earlier episodes were so good that it's a shame that the latter parts were lacking in logic and just pulled in people because of their crazy plot twists. I really do not understand the writer unless they are planning for a second season because there's a lot of explanations that need to be done. Anyway, the chemistry of Go Ara and Lee Jae-wook saved this drama. Them on our screen whatever they're doing is just pure delight! I have never seen Go Ara connect with an on-screen partner this well and so real! I have seen the other dramas of Lee Jae-wook and he's such a raw great talent. He delivered his roles so well every time but his chemistry with Go Ara is off the charts! There are even times in the early parts of the drama and in their sweet scenes that their performances were so believable and heartfelt that it's almost embarrassing to watch as if were intruding in their little intimate moments. Now I just want them to do a drama or movie every year.:) I hope that the drama gods hear us because they deserve a well-written drama with tight logical directions because if they do meet again in a such a drama, with their chemistry, I really think we'll see a skyrocketing hit in likes that the producers and advertisers would call them nonstop;)

Don’t give me hope for a sequel! I actually would love it so much. It’s not entirely impossible since Netflix made 2 seasons for love alarm. I hope Netflix sees this and makes a sequel or hires the same actors for another show!!

@GingerKI say watch the first 10 minutes then fast forward to the last 5 minutes. Save yourself 45 minutes of manipulation and heart ache. I think k-drama writers suffer from bad ending syndrome. As dramabeans pointed out, it is very hard to find a drama with a satisfying final episode. 

Thanks guys @Rilabear and @Mapleoaks5 I caved and watched the last 5 minutes. I cried but partially due to frustration of being cheated. But mainly because I love RaRa and Jun. Gonna take your advice and watch the first 10 minutes at least. Oh can I just say is it okay that I feel like a dirty old lady when it comes to Jun? Yikes 

i'm join the naver chat for this drama.....totally the knetizen raged over the ending.they just hoped kbs for give awards for jaewook and ara for their performance...i just hope can see again in kbs drama award in 31 december.:elated:

JUN AND RARA BECOME MY FAVOURITE COUPLE FOR THIS YEAR EVEN WITH MINIMAL SWEET SCENE BETWEEN THEM.THE WRITER JUST WASTED THE CHEMISTRY.

:fullofhearts:

I feel like the rollercoaster at the end of this show was unnecessary. There was enough conflict with their age gap and his chaebol family. I hated they added the terminal illness trope when this story seemed to be going on a path of anything cliche until the pulled that Richard Simmons *rages* 

look, if it were up to me and they did bring the terminal illness in (it would have been useful to finally put perspective in the parents on their extreme control of their son and letting him go) I would have liked if for once the male lead could give the female lead a CHOICE in deciding whether she wants to stay with him or not when he’s sick. It’s like we are back in that Haru Haru music video where whenever the lead is sick they make the choice for their counterpart to keep it a secret ‘for their best interest when really it’s for extra drama that isn’t needed if perhaps the leads actually stayed together and dealt with one of them Ill. It would have made way more sense if she were by his side when he recovered. He had been there to support her at her lowest points and was always her rock, her security blanket, her support system. For once she could finally recipricate that by being hs caretaker. In no way do I think he did all that and should be ‘owed’ to be treated the same by her, but it would have even been a nice balance to see between the leads as the roles reverse.

well whatever, I just know this isn’t in my rewatch list. That said I adored the chemistry between them and felt baited because I would have loved more intimate scenes between them that we saw the potential for but was wasted in useless drama the last episodes. Gosh I adore the male lead since extraordinary you and glad to see him a lead here...can’t wait to see him in future shows

YAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUNWOO JUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:Furious::Furious::Furious:

That was me practically screaming watching the last scene. This drama really knows how to break my heart to pieces then patch it up back again with sprinkles beautiful enough to cover all the pain. I intentionally waited to watch EP 15 & 16 together because I know my heart can't take it and I know I made the right decision by the time EP 16 preview rolling after finishing EP 15. Usually I skip preview if I already have the next episode ready. Watching that preview I was like, no way. That's not gonna happen. This drama has been so light-hearted despite everything. Then Ep 16 started, Jun's mom wearing black dress, I just..... can't. I was in denial until they skip to 5 years after. Watching everyone moving on I was like, you know, life doesn't really give you rainbow all the time. Even though Jun was not here, he made a dent in everyone lives so he will remain living in everyone's memory. My emotion was ready to accept it all. :sad1:

But then Ra Ra was playing the piano and JUN, the freaking JUN comes running in suit. I was like WHATTTTTTTT!!! You writer trying to play with my heart. And now I am feeling robbed I DEMAND SECOND SEASON BECAUSE JUN NEED TO COMPENSATE FOR ALL THE HEARTACHE HE CAUSED THE LAST 5 YEARS. :isannoyed:

I need them to get married and have kids and live a long life together forever in love like Grandpa and Grandma. We got Ra Ra in wedding dress twice but both time not for her wedding with Jun. We got a glimpse with HY and SG's baby, and I couldn't help wanting to see both Ra Ra and Jun with their own little Jun and Ra Ra . I need an epilogue of some sort to feed my imagination now.  :criesariver:

Overall, I just love how this drama made me feel campy and happy. The fact that Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol is also the name of the cafe they first met way before the recital hold so much meaning to Jun just made me feel grateful. While Ra Ra has her memories with her dad, Jun picked that name because of his first memory with Ra Ra. I will dearly miss my weekly doses of ALL the characters here. It was a simple but eventful drama that I know I will re-watch if I need a little pick-me-up. For now, annyeong. :heartxoxo:

Edit to add a bit of my thought:

I didn't keep up with this thread or anywhere else so I did not know that a lot of people not really liking the last few episodes. Regarding Jun's action not telling about his illness to Ra Ra irks me a little bit too. But it was believable because he was always trying to be the strong pillar for Ra Ra. For me, it was in character for him. If his illness took approximately 5 years for him to completely recover, it means that the probability of him to fully recover was quite small. He simply does not want Ra Ra to suffer by his side with uncertainties. He knows that Ra Ra will stay by his side to tend for him and that was exactly what he was trying to avoid. He witness himself how Ra Ra build back her life after her father's death, he does not want to be the cause for Ra Ra's demise. His illness also was hinted few times so it was not really a sudden trope thrown in. We just thought that trope was about Dr. Cha's condition. I hate watching Ra Ra suffer because Jun keeps pushing her away, but I couldn't help but understanding his position. There was no possible way that can keep both of them happy. Jun was a lone wolf and that is his core. Knowing that Ra Ra will be taken care of by the others is what giving him strength compare to letting Ra Ra be by his side. 

For me, this drama kept its light-heartedness. It might not be for everyone's liking, but because the characters were consistent with their personality, it made a bearable watch for me that I ended up loving it despite the obvious flaws. 

Archived