[Drama 2020] Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol, 도도솔솔라라솔

larus

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go Ara, Kim Joo Heon, Shin Eun Soo, And More Gather For Extravagant Christmas Party In “Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol”

Nov 26, 2020
by L. Kim

KBS 2TV’s “Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol” revealed new stills ahead of the final episode!

Spoilers

Two important secrets were revealed in the previous episode. The first one was that Sun Woo Joon (Lee Jae Wook) was Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol, Goo La La’s (Go Ara) supportive fan on social media. The second was that Sun Woo Joon was actually suffering from acute myeloid leukemia. He secretly left to get treatment without telling Goo La La the truth, and viewers are looking forward to finding out what will happen when his illness is revealed to everyone.

The newly released stills show a glimpse of the upcoming final episode. Everyone is gathered to celebrate Christmas, including Goo La La, Cha Eun Suk (Kim Joo Heon), Jin Ha Young (Shin Eun Soo), Jin Sook Kyung (Ye Ji Won), and Lee Seung Gi (Yoon Jong Bin). Sun Woo Joon is not physically present at the party, but he appears on the screen, and he plays a piano duet with Goo La La.do-do-sol-sol-la-la-sol3.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1440293wpp/go-ara-kim-joo-heon-shin-eun-soo-and-more-gather-for-extravagant-christmas-party-in-do-do-sol-sol-la-la-sol

A few last minute things...Those interesting in some of the Seoul areas (cafes) they filmed DDSSLLS in, the filming locations are here: 

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/11/filming-locations-for-do-do-sol-sol-la_26.html

5DY2BgS.jpg

Go Ara posted some more photos of her and LJW hanging around when they filmed the runaway wedding scene:

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/11/instagram-updates-go-ara-posts-more.html

1jWYUe5.jpg

I've enjoyed the show very much. Too bad it has ended. Congratulations to the team for giving us a wonderful show. I was hoping they would give us an epilogue at the end like the rest of the episodes but thats ok, at least we got a happy ending. Really enjoyed it. 

I hope they win a couples award at the awards show like they hope.

Ughhhh. Sorry did not like this ending at all. Wtheck?

Spoiler

So she thinks he died for 5 years?!!? And he completely breaks off contact and all of a sudden shows up 5 years later?!  Unless I missed something? Cause after she thought he died I started fast forwarding.... I guess they sort of kind of got their happiness? But the ending left a bitter taste in my mouth. I’ll be like jun and think their happy ever after ended at the beach.

edit: omg. I still can’t get over this ending. I think it’s gonna go down as one of the worst endings of kdramas in my book. Last time I’ve been this burned by an ending is cheese in the trap. So the writer thought somehow it was ok to allow Lala to think that jun was dead for 5 years and he just waltzes back into her life 5 years later and all is fine and back to normal?! They literally tacked on their scene in the last 5 minutes of the show. 

Instead they should have just shown jun fessing up to being sick to Lala and so she decides to go and care for him by his side... it’s touch and go for awhile. But he ends up pulling through. Once he’s fully recovered they get married and finally get their happily ever after. 

I enjoyed this show so much. Too bad the last episode was the weakest. I am very angry at the writer. There was too much toying with our emotions. It seems manipulative to keep in touch with RaRa then drop off like that. So many things that would have been unforgivable in a long term relationship. I would have accepted anything even Jun falling into a coma. But sending his mom to make everyone believe he died is just ???. I don’t understand the writer’s POV. It manipulated the audience’s feelings and left us with the last 5 minutes for our main couple. I really felt like this last episode was mostly fillers and misdirections.

I still like this show, but I wish they wrote it differently. They pretty much gave us cookie crumbs for their final scene together. Anyways, at least I’m happy with the final scenes.

Thanks to everyone here, I had so many things to read and keep me occupied while waiting for the next episode. Not sure if I will ever find another gem of a show like this.

I’ve never heard of Lee Jae Wook before this drama but his chemistry with Go Ara was amazing. There were definitely scenes were I felt like the actor’s self was coming out just by being around her. Or maybe he’s just a really good actor. I hope they do another show together. 

I have to say, I like that things ended well. I will hang onto what I have because that all I can do. Technically the writers left me just enough happiness not to strangle them. But I would if I could.

:Furious: 

More than annoyance at the characters, I am hurt and very annoyed by what I feel are cheap tricks and lack of explanations by the writers for the sake of drama twists  :rage::rage::rage: I have actually enjoyed all the twists up to episode 13 and haven't been too bothered by things like his age which was a fresh take on a drama character....And you know, I've not been disappointed with anything until episode 14 hit. 

If I didn't enjoy the first 13 episodes so much and liked Lee Jae Wook and Go Ara so much for their natural chemistry, I think I would have been angry at this ending because this actually reminds me of a lot of old Taiwanese/ Korean drama endings which I use to dislike a lot. I call them the 10-minutes-of-happiness endings. Granted this is better than those ones, but it is still causing me confused rage. Like I'm still processing my feelings. 

Again no spoiler tags, so ignore my comments if you do not want spoilers. There are a lot of spoilers.

Episode 16

- So Lala and Jun are happily keeping in contact while he's out get treatment and it's all very sweet. But you can really tell that he's in pain all the time and exhausted. At this point my heart was hurting because it seemed like he was very ill, but at least they talked everyday even though Lala didn't know he was sick.  Lala askes if he can come for Christmas and he says probably yes, so she gets him to practice a piano piece so they can play together. 

:criesariver:

-I do like that Grandpa woke up...but I felt like that was foreshadowing for Jun's death, because of what happened with Dr cha's pills. :bawling:

-Christmas time rolled around rather quickly in the episode and I was thinking, oh good! That means we get the angst done and over with and Jun will come back for Christmas...or they will cry at hearing about him being sick and then we can get to the healing part. It was nice to see everyone at the Christmas gathering, but the anxiety of seeing Jun took away from seeing everyone including Jae Min .Jun says that he's coming but his plane has been delayed and sends a pre-recorded version of him playing piano and to show that first. Lala plays the duet with him and it's fine...

-Then this bit was a full stab in my heart, like over and over and over again. Jun's mum comes and tells Lala he passed away and gives her back her cup. Like she's literally dressed in black and she says that he's died. I THINK SHE SAYS THE WORDS, it's not implied or because Lala assumes it.  :cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat:

-Lala is of course heartbroken but thinks about all the times he hinted he might disappear from her life.. Everyone is crying and regretting they hadn't found out about this. At this point, I had to move the slider on Netflix to see if this was not a trick...and I saw in the little pop up that Jun would appear in like the last 10 minutes of the episode. Was it a dream? A memory? Was he actually there? I was tempted to skip to that bit, but I figured I was already so far in, I should just watch it in order because otherwise I would kick myself. :neutral:

-Then there was a time jump of 5 years....at this point I was feeling very suss because I was wondering why we needed a time jump at this point. To show Lala living well and moving on with her life? 

-I had a near heart attack when I saw Lala holding a baby. My first thought, and probably what the writer's wanted, was that Lala had gotten with Dr Cha because 5 years is enough time to fall for someone else. Also Netflix I swear is in cahoots with the writers because the synopsis was that Dr Cha had "found new love"....But no, turns out Lala is babysitting and the baby is SK and HY's...hahaha. They married young :tounge_wink:

-Jun's name is mentioned a few times by the other characters as they celebrate new things or move on with their lives (Dr Cha is re-marrying his ex-wife) and Lala I guess thinks about Jun that day and goes home to play the welcome song.

-At this point JUN APPEARS ON THE ROAD LOOKING OLDER and runs up to that house. As soon she finished playing, Jun comes into the house. Lala looks up to see Jun and nearly dies of a heart attack. AS YOU WOULD IF YOU SAW A BOYFRIEND WHO WAS MEANT TO BE DEAD 5 YEARS AGO.

:fear:

-And what is the explanation for Jun saying he was dead and not contacting her for 5 years? Well, he just wanted to make sure he was fully healed and it was not coming back before he came back. Lala does hit him and call him mean, but she clearly has missed him too much to be angry, but she's also wondering if she's lost the plot and keeps asking him if he's sure he's not a ghost. He kisses her to prove not. It's a decent kiss. The end.

-At this point, I was in SUCH TURMOIL. I feel like the last episode wasted a lot of time and under-utilised Jun as a character because the writers wanted to use that 5 year time jump-baby twist 

Like that is the only reason I see for that time jump. And as a result, it turned into something that didn't make sense for Jun's character - The whole time throughout the show he's been mildly jealous of all those guys that loved Lala...why would he lie and say he died and leave her for 5 years expecting she wouldn't be married by the time he came back?? Ughhhhh....these writers - they threw Jun's character development out the window for the sake of another damn "plot twist"

It was not funny. It just hurt my feelings as a viewer. I could deal with all the other plot twists because they were fresh and interesting and wacky. But this one did not make sense to the story, it felt rushed to try to squeeze one more trick in. And there were some weird focuses on side characters no one cared about like Dr cha's wife. 

- With all that said though, I've been too invested in Lala and Jun, so since they gave us a happy ending and it's confirmed he's not a ghost (which has actually happened in a drama before), I will hang onto that. And it was a nice kiss.  :love: I liked the first 12-13 episodes a lot...and then episode 15....and the last 10 minutes of this drama. I wish the pacing and developments hadn't been wasted on cheap trickery, but I also just cannot hate something completely if it ended technically in a happy way. :sweatingbullets:

17 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

If he survives and they end the drama together then this drama goes right up near the top of my favorites -

When I wrote this several hours ago, I never envisioned a final episode like that.  Yes, Jun survived, and they ended the drama together, but this drama is nowhere near the top of my favorites after a final episode like that.

15 wonderful episodes and then THAT  for an ending???  Sorry, writer-nim you flat out ruined it all.

:headbang:

12 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

When I wrote this several hours ago, I never envisioned a final episode like that.  Yes, Jun survived, and they ended the drama together, but this drama is nowhere near the top of my favorites after a final episode like that.

15 wonderful episodes and then THAT  for an ending???  Sorry, writer-nim you flat out ruined it all.

Hahahahha. I know! I was hoping he would survive,  but never in my right mind thought that he would survive and live like that?! Haha at this point he should have just died. I don’t even care at this point. This whole ending just left a really bad taste. I feel like I could have written a better ending. It’s really too bad because 1-13 was so good! There’s no way I could recommend this drama to anyone! I just hope lee Jae wook won’t feel bad reading any negative reviews, I know this was his first leading role, as an actor he did a wonderful job. Just his character completely fell apart at the end. 

Edit: if they wanted to stick to the storyline that jun was sick, they should have had his mom come and say that Jun was really sick. In fact, he’s in a coma now. (Since we throwing all sorts of tropes out there)

Lala then decides she wants to stick by Juns side and takes care of him in those 5 years. He miraculously wakes up and they get married and have their happily ever after.

or, jun fesses up to Lala that he’s sick. She’s shocked but decides to be by his side and care for him. He doesn’t have a coma, but treatment takes a while. It’s touch and go for awhile. But he ends up pulling through. They get married and have their happily ever after.  They have a kid and their kid is best friends with hayoung and seung gi kid.

Or, jun never had cancer. He bought lalaland in exchange for him going abroad to medical school. He’s honest to Lala about the exchange and promises that he’ll come back for her after he’s done with school. They maintain a long distance relationship and he’s finally done with medical school and he’s able to stand on his own two feet now. They reunite, and finally get married and have their happily ever after. 

5 minutes ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

Hahahahha. I know! I was hoping he would survive,  but never in my right mind thought that he would survive and live like that?! Haha at this point he should have just died. I don’t even care at this point. This whole ending just left a really bad taste. I feel like I could have written a better ending. It’s really too bad because 1-13 was so good! There’s no way I could recommend this drama to anyone! I just hope lee Jae wook won’t feel bad reading any negative reviews, I know this was his first leading role, as an actor he did a wonderful job. Just his character completely fell apart at the end. 

"...I feel like I could have written a better ending...."  

Actually you did -

1 hour ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

Instead they should have just shown jun fessing up to being sick to Lala and so she decides to go and care for him by his side... it’s touch and go for awhile. But he ends up pulling through. Once he’s fully recovered they get married and finally get their happily ever after. 

I honestly thought that this was going to happen right after the Christmas Party - Juns Mom shows up and tells Ra-ra he's very ill - Ra-ra rushes to his side, scolds him one last time for lying to her, and then we get a montage of Ra-ra helping Jun recover, in a simple reverse of how Jun cared for Ra-ra in the beginning. Near the end, after he has fully recovered, we get to see Ra-ras proposal and roll credits....

Works for me :heart1:

25 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

"...I feel like I could have written a better ending...."  

Actually you did -

I honestly thought that this was going to happen right after the Christmas Party - Juns Mom shows up and tells Ra-ra he's very ill - Ra-ra rushes to his side, scolds him one last time for lying to her, and then we get a montage of Ra-ra helping Jun recover, in a simple reverse of how Jun cared for Ra-ra in the beginning. Near the end, after he has fully recovered, we get to see Ra-ras proposal and roll credits....

Works for me 

Yes!!!!!!!!! And this storyline completely makes sense to what the writer showed us in the last 2 episodes. And also very nicely ties in with what you said is a reversal of how Jun cared for Lala. It wasn’t that difficult to think of so I’m seriously scratching my head wondering how we got here. 

27 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

~ back from the dead nearly pulling off the zombie tropes  :mrgreen:

Hahahahha haha omg! Yes why not?! Throw in the zombie genre at us too. 

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol, 도도솔솔라라솔

Does anybody have any information on where to get the DVD they've mentioned? Or is it not available? Havent heard or seen anymore about it. Thanks much. 

Ps. I would've really liked to see an epilogue of how Jun came back and of course the wedding. Maybe an extra episode?!

Well, I could go on about how I felt about this drama and how the writer promoted an unhealthy relationship between the main characters (Hello! Honesty is key to all healthy relationships! One does not just simply let the other person think they were dead for 5 years!)

:fear:

But honestly, I don't even care anymore. This drama just went downhill from ep 8 onward, and the last episodes were so mind-blowingly bad that I don't even know what to say.

So let me summarize this drama for anyone wondering if they should watch it.

Summary:

Train Wreck GIF by memecandy - Find & Share on GIPHY

Okay I only watched the last part of episode 16 and I must say, I’m not too keen about the ending and like everyone said the writer could’ve done it better and I felt like the storyline  reunion between jun and rara is such a disservice to their characters and their love story

I will watch the whole thing later since I’m at work right now but I’m not going to hold my breath. They had such a good run but in the end it lost a bit of sparkle 

luckily all the actors are so good and I believe someone said here that LJW and GA have this amazing chemistry that it just resonates and I too felt like the feelings they are showing is more coming from them and not their characters like the littlest interaction or the subtle touches, is just electric. 

im hoping that they work together in the future just like everyone here 

Also it’s fun reading everybody’s thoughts and glad to meet a lot of people here. I haven’t opened my account in so long since fx and I had to recover my account only to join this thread 

Archived