Jeon Somin 전소민 [We are ready for actress Jeon]

kukumarq1

INSTAGRAM

lpnlelH.png

A song writer, an author and an actress. This cutie does it all. 

Jeon So Min born April 7, 1986 is a South Korean actress and writer. She made her debut in 2004 MBC sitcom called Miracle.

In 2006, she made her big-screen debut through the film, Cinderella. Jeon played her first leading role in the 2013 MBC television series Princess Aurora.

She received recognition at the 2013 MBC Drama Awards, where she won the "Best New Actress Award".

Her other notable performances include the daily drama Tomorrow Victory (2015), the romantic comedy drama Something About 1 Percent (2016), and the medical thriller Cross.

f7TAgam.jpgahJCJr5.png

In April 2017, Jeon, along with Yang Se-chan, guested on MBC's Living Together in Empty Room and then were added as regulars of the South Korean variety show, Running Man on SBS.

rJhZg5N.png

For the Running Man 9th anniversary fanmeet, Jeon Somin along with Soran composed a song called 'Confession, Come Out Now.'  The song immediately charted on the Melon charts upon release.

RfPiFO6.png

On January 2020, Jeon published her first book titled "You Can Call Me After a Drink".

iBfcjND.png

Don't forget to read Soompi's Rules

1. All general forum rules apply.  Please read the rules carefully. You will be warned if you are found in violation of any of these rules.  

2. Do not bypass the swear filter.    Using *, ! or other symbols in place of a letter is unacceptable.     

3. Do not bash drama and movie characters, actors, actresses, or other members, or post untrue information.  Bashing will not be tolerated by any means and will result in a warning. This includes but is not limited to the usage of derogatory remarks, spreading rumors, swearing, etc. Please respect each others' difference of opinions.      

4. Do not quote pictures or long posts.   Instead, remove images in your quotes. Quotes do not count towards the 20-character limit rule. If you're going to quote a picture or post, say something about it. If a quote is too long (more than 10 lines), only quote a subsection of the text. Quoted pictures set in spoiler tags are considered a violation as well.   Threads that are meant solely for pictures belong in the k-entertainment general discussion.      

5. Do not post consecutively (one after another).  Do not post one picture per post or one quote per post in addition to posting several times in a row to bump your post count or keep a thread on the first page of the forum. Simply edit your previous post.      

6. Do not engage in non-related conversations.  If you are not going to engage in a discussion about a drama, movie, or actor/actress, use the PM system or other means of communication. Keep birthday celebrations out of thread topics unless it pertains to the stars of the thread involved.      

7. Before creating a new thread, check the pinned Official Threads Directory to make sure the topic doesn't already exist.  Only one thread per drama or movie will be active. Be sure to check! Some dramas and movies may be under different names. In addition, please post the link in the directory so that it can be added to the database. This is in place of the search function. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8

Thanks for this beautiful page. I love Jeon Somin.  I hope she get well soon and comes back to us and again  I hope she will find nice movies and series in her new company.:D

Somin's tadpoles fighting!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Thank you for the page! I don't know how to make this forum going but maybe we can start by saying how you first know and become a fan of JSM?

Also I just read this and I really love her for saying it. I feel like the burden of what haters says all for the past three years lift up even just a little.

I also hope for her speedy recovery so my weekend is full of her smile again.

Not to forget this cute moment between best-friend Kim JiSeok, Ha SeokJin and our Somin.

Wish for this forum to be more active to ♡

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I first saw Somin in 1% of Anything.

I love that drama. What I liked the most was that DaDa was written and portrayed as any common woman (i.e. not the usual kdrama trope of poor orphan girl). And she did the role beautifully. 

I remember being so disappointed to find that she hadn't acted in much dramas then, except Aurora. I still haven't been able to find subbed episodes of her Princess Aurora (though I have read not-so-good things about its story; apparently the writer was overly dramatic)

I decided to give Running Man a try because there weren't any interesting dramas towards the end of last year. Plus, I knew and liked the female cast since I had watched their dramas (Ji hyo and Somin). Found the entire show and cast so likeable and discovered another aspect of JSM. Didn't expect her to be this quirky and endearing. 

Now I'm waiting for an acting project of hers. Somin, fighting !!! Wishing her a speedy recovery. 

• Like 4

@kukumarq1 Thank you so much for making this thread! I’m excited for Somin’s future projects.

I’ll start by saying how I turned into a Somin fan. I started watching running man in July of 2019 hahaha from the first episode Somin and Sechan came into the picture. I immediately started liking her, she just throws herself into anything in the show without worrying. After that, I started watching her projects. I think my favorite project of hers is the 1% of something with Ha Seok Jin. I really wanna watch Top Star U-back but it’s literally been impossible to find the full sub episodes. 

It makes me happy seeing Somin is still friends with her old co-stars, it shows an easy personality and good work ethic. I hope this change of agency finally gives me Somin my actress rights back! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kukumarq1 said:

INSTAGRAM

lpnlelH.png

A song writer, an author and an actress. This cutie does it all. 

Jeon So Min born April 7, 1986 is a South Korean actress and writer. She made her debut in 2004 MBC sitcom called Miracle.

In 2006, she made her big-screen debut through the film, Cinderella. Jeon played her first leading role in the 2013 MBC television series Princess Aurora.

She received recognition at the 2013 MBC Drama Awards, where she won the "Best New Actress Award".

Her other notable performances include the daily drama Tomorrow Victory (2015), the romantic comedy drama Something About 1 Percent (2016), and the medical thriller Cross.

f7TAgam.jpgahJCJr5.png

In April 2017, Jeon, along with Yang Se-chan, guested on MBC's Living Together in Empty Room and then were added as regulars of the South Korean variety show, Running Man on SBS.

rJhZg5N.png

For the Running Man 9th anniversary fanmeet, Jeon Somin along with Soran composed a song called 'Confession, Come Out Now.'  The song immediately charted on the Melon charts upon release.

RfPiFO6.png

On January 2020, Jeon published her first book titled "You Can Call Me After a Drink".

iBfcjND.png

1. All general forum rules apply.  Please read the rules carefully. You will be warned if you are found in violation of any of these rules.  

2. Do not bypass the swear filter.    Using *, ! or other symbols in place of a letter is unacceptable.     

3. Do not bash drama and movie characters, actors, actresses, or other members, or post untrue information.  Bashing will not be tolerated by any means and will result in a warning. This includes but is not limited to the usage of derogatory remarks, spreading rumors, swearing, etc. Please respect each others' difference of opinions.      

4. Do not quote pictures or long posts.   Instead, remove images in your quotes. Quotes do not count towards the 20-character limit rule. If you're going to quote a picture or post, say something about it. If a quote is too long (more than 10 lines), only quote a subsection of the text. Quoted pictures set in spoiler tags are considered a violation as well.   Threads that are meant solely for pictures belong in the k-entertainment general discussion.      

5. Do not post consecutively (one after another).  Do not post one picture per post or one quote per post in addition to posting several times in a row to bump your post count or keep a thread on the first page of the forum. Simply edit your previous post.      

6. Do not engage in non-related conversations.  If you are not going to engage in a discussion about a drama, movie, or actor/actress, use the PM system or other means of communication. Keep birthday celebrations out of thread topics unless it pertains to the stars of the thread involved.      

7. Before creating a new thread, check the pinned Official Threads Directory to make sure the topic doesn't already exist.  Only one thread per drama or movie will be active. Be sure to check! Some dramas and movies may be under different names. In addition, please post the link in the directory so that it can be added to the database. This is in place of the search function. 

Jeon Somin also acted in an one special drama episode: 

• Like 2

Thank you @kukumarq1 for stepping up to create this thread for Somin fans! Very nice first post ^^ 

Gateway to Somin:

I first became a fan after watching Something About 1% (came for Ha Seokjin, stayed for Somin and their incredible chemistry). I was active on the Soompi thread for this drama ㅋㅋ, watching it with subs as soon as it was broadcast and getting excited over spoilers and just going crazy over their sizzling chemistry. Those were good times lol. I even went to the drama company's office in Seoul to drop off gifts for my drama OTP ㅋㅋㅋㅋ. They had so much chemistry in the drama all the fans were wondering if they were dating lol.

After this, was then led to re-watch Somin's variety appearances - I had seen her on KB and her first guest appearance on RM before but while finding her really funny, had not been a stan back then. 

Also enjoyed her appearances on my ear's candy and Living Together in an empty room. 

I adore her both as an actress and variety entertainer. So when she joined RM as a regular, i started following RM again (firing controversy had left a bad taste to me so I had stopped for a bit).

I just wish she has more acting projects or was luckier in her drama series after 1%. I really enjoyed her drama special Notebook of my embarrassing days, still waiting for subs for Big Data Love. Couldn't get into Cross and Top star Yoobaek, and she was unfortunate for these 2 dramas as well - Cross had the senior actor involved in #metoo, Top star went up against Sky Castle.

While it's rare to have repeat OTPs in dramas, my dream is to see HSJ and JSM as a drama couple again. I don't ship them in real life (they don't seem as likely now) but I still get excited by their interactions (Ha Seokjin's appearance on RM in the date episode was so heart fluttering!) and think they will still be great together in a drama.

Who would you like to see paired with Somin in a drama? She had great chemistry with Park Sunghoon in Notebook of Embarrassing Days but he's attached IRL so that's not as fun for shipping ㅋㅋ. Think she would look great with Sunghoon too. This probably would never happen but I'd love to see her with an A lister like Song Joongki :phew: lol

• Like 4

2 hours ago, minahnoona said:

Thank you @kukumarq1 for stepping up to create this thread for Somin fans! Very nice first post ^^ 

Gateway to Somin:

I first became a fan after watching Something About 1% (came for Ha Seokjin, stayed for Somin and their incredible chemistry). I was active on the Soompi thread for this drama ㅋㅋ, watching it with subs as soon as it was broadcast and getting excited over spoilers and just going crazy over their sizzling chemistry. Those were good times lol. I even went to the drama company's office in Seoul to drop off gifts for my drama OTP ㅋㅋㅋㅋ. They had so much chemistry in the drama all the fans were wondering if they were dating lol.

After this, was then led to re-watch Somin's variety appearances - I had seen her on KB and her first guest appearance on RM before but while finding her really funny, had not been a stan back then. 

Also enjoyed her appearances on my ear's candy and Living Together in an empty room. 

I adore her both as an actress and variety entertainer. So when she joined RM as a regular, i started following RM again (firing controversy had left a bad taste to me so I had stopped for a bit).

I just wish she has more acting projects or was luckier in her drama series after 1%. I really enjoyed her drama special Notebook of my embarrassing days, still waiting for subs for Big Data Love. Couldn't get into Cross and Top star Yoobaek, and she was unfortunate for these 2 dramas as well - Cross had the senior actor involved in #metoo, Top star went up against Sky Castle.

While it's rare to have repeat OTPs in dramas, my dream is to see HSJ and JSM as a drama couple again. I don't ship them in real life (they don't seem as likely now) but I still get excited by their interactions (Ha Seokjin's appearance on RM in the date episode was so heart fluttering!) and think they will still be great together in a drama.

Who would you like to see paired with Somin in a drama? She had great chemistry with Park Sunghoon in Notebook of Embarrassing Days but he's attached IRL so that's not as fun for shipping ㅋㅋ. Think she would look great with Sunghoon too. This probably would never happen but I'd love to see her with an A lister like Song Joongki :phew: lol

Hey @minahnoona  I am sure we met each other in 1% thread. Glad to meet you again. 

@kukumarq1 Thanku for creating this forum. I was sad that SM doesn't have enough fans to have a forum for herself.

Sorry that I asked for such a forum in the shipping thread. But that was because I saw people posting things about non-shipping topics also there and thought that was the best place to get a response related to that. And it slightly bothered (?) me to think how members will react if someone post non-kookmin related content.  I would have liked to do it myself but I am such a newbie when it comes to these things. 

I think a forum like this has advantages when compared to ig or even reddit. Hope a lot of somin fans or even people who are fond of her will come to this thread and we can all have a nice time loving Jeon Somin. 

• Like 5

Thank you @kukumarq1for Somin's solo thread. 

I was not a big fan of running man before. But my sisters are big fans of them. So one day, my sister told me about Somin and how carefree she is. I got interested and started to watch her clips in running man and then I fall in love. Her variety chemistry with Kwangsoo is hilarious. She is so pretty but doesn't mind doing all those funny stuff and wearing ugly makeup.  No matter how upset she is, she will keep her smile on her face. But still everytime she received bad treatment from the staff or members (for variety purposes), I feel sad and want her to retaliate or sulk. But she keeps on smiling and that's what I adore the most. I hope I can be like that too. :)

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Somin trended 1# on Naver. She’s missed by a lot of people, I hope she comes back when she’s ready to gives us all the energy we love. 

7 hours ago, minahnoona said:

I don’t have a specific actor request but I do have a request for Somin to act in something that’s not a romantic drama or rom-com drama! I know she’s amazing for that genre but I really wanna see her in something like darker and serious. I also want her in a movie! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Thank you @kukumarq1 for making this Somin thread :)

I remember I used to watch running man clips before but i could never get to watching full episodes  until I saw Somin guest the first time. I thought she was funny and so pretty and really different from other guests. I then decided to look into her dramas and fell in love with Something about 1%. I didn’t fully start watching running man until after I learned that she had become a permanent member and her and Kwangsoo became my favorite pairing they’re so much alike lol. Idk why but I still can’t get myself to watch the older episodes before she came. 

I would love to see her in another drama with Ha Seokjin, their chemistry is undeniably amazing. Also I would like to see her work with Lee DongWook:)

• Like 5

@jeonjeon_love86 and @Kat28

4. Do not quote pictures or long posts.   Instead, remove images in your quotes. Quotes do not count towards the 20-character limit rule. If you're going to quote a picture or post, say something about it. If a quote is too long (more than 10 lines), only quote a subsection of the text. Quoted pictures set in spoiler tags are considered a violation as well.   Threads that are meant solely for pictures belong in the k-entertainment general discussion.  

Please dont quote pictures, links, long post or videos. We had been warner in another group. Its being a problem. Lets be careful. Thank you. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I saw Jeon somin for the first time in 1% of something. I only knew Ha seok jin at that time, anyway I loved JSM after that drama and tried to find out other works of her. That's how I started watching RM regularly. Until then I was an on and off viewer, watching for the guests. 

1% is my guilty pleasure drama, it is so cliche but even then I watched it at least three times, read all the recaps and watched the bts, even the fan meet. Ha seok Jin and So-min had amazing chemistry there and I really thought we will get some news from them. If you have watched the drama, go and read the spazzing thread and the drama thread too. :D I still wonder how nothing came out of it. Haha at-least they are still friends. 

I really love SM and I can ship her with almost everyone. So I am not too much into one ship. I am afraid it will hurt somin if she turn out to be in another relationship later while having an onscreen rumour with someone else. 

I am glad she finally got rid of that agency and landed a good one. When will they update her profile pic? Maybe they will do a photoshoot and interview. Can't wait to see what her new project is, I thought her dying her hair was for that purpose. DO you know any dramas in discussion that is probably going to be offered to SM? Why there isn't even any news?

I wish she will act with any A lister this time and her new drama will break rating charts. 

It kinda feels like she was underutilized last two years. Her joining the RM and then top star was such a break for her, I mean she had such positive attention I don't understand how she couldn't get more dramas and cfs. 

• Like 4

@Kat28 and @jeonjeon_love86

On 4/18/2020 at 11:44 PM, kukumarq1 said:

4. Do not quote pictures or long posts.   Instead, remove images in your quotes. Quotes do not count towards the 20-character limit rule. If you're going to quote a picture or post, say something about it. If a quote is too long (more than 10 lines), only quote a subsection of the text. Quoted pictures set in spoiler tags are considered a violation as well.   Threads that are meant solely for pictures belong in the k-entertainment general discussion