[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Miss the Dragon 遇龙

sugarplum892

@MayanEcho yes, it's easy on the ears. Though I much pretty prefer Dylan Wang with black hair. The white hair doesn't do justice to his looks (my personal taste anyway). And Bambi can carry of the protagonist role, thank heavens I don't see the evil Xuan Nu look in her (phew). Another 2 episodes out today for whoever is watching it live. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

14 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

The OST is easy on the ears. :) A few of the music video scenes are in the first two eps. That small bridge is familiar...is it the same one in Princess Agents?

Agree... very easy listening. Small bridge doesn't look familiar to me...but I still haven't finished PA, so you could be right. :) 

12 hours ago, SC2019 said:

@MayanEcho yes, it's easy on the ears. Though I much pretty prefer Dylan Wang with black hair. The white hair doesn't do justice to his looks (my personal taste anyway). 

Vengo so far really wore it best imo, but I don't think it looks bad on Dylan either...

12 hours ago, SC2019 said:

And Bambi can carry of the protagonist role, thank heavens I don't see the evil Xuan Nu look in her (phew). Another 2 episodes out today for whoever is watching it live. 

Same here! I cannot see Xuan Nu in Bambi anymore :D 

• Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Small bridge doesn't look familiar to me...but I still haven't finished PA, so you could be right

It's that small bridge where Xing'er and her sisters struggled with the madam until she fell in the lake. If it is exactly the same then they shot in the same location. :)

15 hours ago, SC2019 said:

Though I much pretty prefer Dylan Wang with black hair. The white hair doesn't do justice to his looks (my personal taste anyway).

I like his silver hair while it's unbounded and a bit messy. :lol:

Vengo so far really wore it best imo, but I don't think it looks bad on Dylan either...

True, Vengo is still the benchmark for flowing pale hair, but Dylan also looks good. It's a hair colour that suits few, even for natural born platinum blondes.

Same here! I cannot see Xuan Nu in Bambi anymore

No reminder of the evil Xuan Nu. Bambi is so cute and wholesome! Let's see later though, when she goes through bitter times. 

• Wiggle 1

Dragon King is smitten, LOL!

Spoiler

...describes her as that pig who climbs in his bed at his Dragon Pool. She then asks if pigs can climb his bed, LMAO!

The way Liu Ying sleeps, hahaha!

Spoiler

OOT, but for anyone who's been reading TPB: Back to Chaos, how Feng Jiu sleeps is perfectly demoed in Ep1 or 2 of this drama

Dragon King: We shared bed before, does that mean we are married? 

Dragon King wants them to be married. Liu Ying tells him she can't afford him, hahaha!

Dragon King: Likes the chestnut cake in the "flower house". Brings her in the "flower house" to eat cakes, LOL!

Tsk, Dragon King should not believe all that are written in love story novels, hahahaha!

Spoiler

Dragon King is an innocent really, and is learning the mortal ways from books, and plays. Too bad, the things he learned from what he's reading are all, well, misguiding him. In a funny way. ^_^

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I am so hooked on this drama, just like I was with 3L3W.  MTD has the storyline to keep you interested, the actors are really good, it has funny moments and action with good CGI. Biggest warning.....its very sad at times too; like whole episodes worth of sad stuff so be prepared to cry. 

Edited by MaureenD
Spelling
  • Like 2

Ep 10 :cry:

Spoiler

"Why would Liu Ying choose this place to be born?"

"Look."

"Town of Yuchi"

"Yuchi town. What about it?"

"...."

"Yuchi. Is it because the village has the same name as you that she chose to be born here?"

"One way or another, Liu Ying chose me in the end. Got it?"

Hi Everybody.  I just started watching today - up to ep 4 only. So far I find the pace and story so, so.  But I've a feelings things will pick up from ep 5 onwards.  I'm impressed with Deng Wei as Xue Qian Xun of Luofeng Pavilion.   Not so much with Dylan Wang at the moment.  Maybe he'll impress later.

I agree with everyone that is no trace of evil Xuan Nu here.:lol:

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Just started this drama and i love Qing Qing!! Man, she is hella funny with her little antics!! Especially:

Spoiler

When the Luofeng lord and the girl warrior were talking and Qing Qing was just singing on top of her head while dusting the floor :joy: 

The way she sang made me die of laughter, I watched that scene so many times! Haha! Plus the priceless reaction she got from her lord :joy:

I keep giggling when i see her and loving her story with her cold faced lord! Looking forward for more of them. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Yuchi the Dragon King and the bird Qing Qing have a good tandem. :D A very unlikely friendship, but I like how they team up against Loufeng Lord. Both are devoted to Liu Ying.

2 hours ago, bomnie said:

I keep giggling when i see her and loving her story with her cold faced lord! Looking forward for more of them

Same here! 

Spoiler

That Loufeng Lord gets jealous of Dragon King, thinking that his presents to Liu Ying was for Qing Qing. What he does next, Qing Qing would be lambasting him, and well deserved too!

• Like 1

Episode 11 :joy:

Liu Ying is now Ayu. And her former miss is now a petty bully to her.

Spoiler

Dragon King to Qing Qing: Who would marry you? :D

Dragon King to Loufeng Lord: Do you love Qing Qing? :lol:

Sigh, Dragon King inadvertently gathers more immortal enemies for keeping her safe. But Lord of Loufeng Pavillion is starting to get him, and even defended him.

Episode 12 :lol:

Qing Qing is still mad as ever with osmanthus cake. Loufeng Pavilion Lord is incensed that he has never known her surname, LMAO. Also mad that she is using Long as surname, hahaha! Jealous with Yuchin Long Yan, hahaha!

Spoiler

LMAO, he's so mad, he is insisting, nay, forcing to Qing Qing that she use his surname Xue instead of Long!

Gets more mad she doesn't want to return to Loufeng Pavilion. 

Boy, just marry her! Hahahaha!

Dragon King: You just like her.

Lord Loufeng: I like Qing Qing?

Sigh. Now they draw at each other’s face. So "childish", no? 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 2:33 AM, MayanEcho said:

@SilverDawn I was dying of laughter of that silver, beautiful "snake" while under the care of Liu Ying.

Reveal hidden contents

1. It snorts

2. It eats cakes 

3. It drinks tea

3. She named it Xiao Bai :lol:

Plenty scenes would remind of 3L3W, LOL. Specially the sleeping part, hahaha! And the poison tongue!

Bambi is so cute!

Me too! :lol: I was having 3L3W flashbacks after those scenes! And now I have a visual of what DH had to cope while sleeping with FJ. hahaha

• LOL 1

I’m at Episode 4 and I think I’m in the minority when I say that I am still reminded of Xuan Nu whenever I see Liu Ying. Can’t seem to get her evil Xuan Nu look off my mind :sweats:   Let’s see if this impression goes away after more episodes.

I like Little Green Bird though - very adorable. I look forward to her scenes with her Master (the one in the black outfit). 

Not enamoured with Yu Chi’s hair - off white, kinda ash grey. I much prefer Dong Hua Di Jun’s silky white hair :ilike:

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, omiki said:

I’m at Episode 4 and I think I’m in the minority when I say that I am still reminded of Xuan Nu whenever I see Liu Ying. Can’t seem to get her evil Xuan Nu look off my mind 

When I see some glimpses of Xuan Nu, it was the Xuan Nu that just arrived in Kunlun, not the evil Xuan Nu who was totally consumed by her envy of Bai Qian's beauty. ^_^

TMOPB was so popular when it aired, and one reason was that the cast members were perfect for their roles. Bambi was very good as Xuan Nu.

3 hours ago, omiki said:

I like Little Green Bird though - very adorable. I look forward to her scenes with her Master (the one in the black outfit).

Agree, the two are adorable! They have funny moments, some of them with the Dragon King joining the fray. :lol:

• Like 1