[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Miss the Dragon 遇龙

sugarplum892

16 hours ago, Alila N said:

and you just see how striking he looks! The chisel face! The satin black top! The sexy one shoulder drop >_> 

Yes, he looks gorgeous in black))). But for me so far  the best way to compare the characters consistency was their pool scene after the fight. The Lord looked like the Lord even without that black satin))). But Dylan, sorry, he looked like a boy next door at a pool party on Spring Break)))

Hope will know the Lord's story soon(what was the content on that missing pages). Seems it's connected with his present love interest...

I totally dig the second couple and that’s why I’m still watching this. It’s sad to say but I can’t be invested in the main love storyline

Personally I think the lead's story is pretty interesting and promising,  it's just, like you concluded, an overall very average execution of the main storyline (acting, styling, etc.), on the contrast with the 2nd leads who have significantly less screen time but rock every minite of it.

In a sense, it feels like once they have done the 3 lives, they will be together, done deal? Lol.

I suppose the 3 lives would be finished around ep 22-23, so that would leave us with more than 10 episodes to be filled with smth?... Hope it would bring more dynamic to the main storyline.

I didn’t think he’s a V (the dude you mentioned), isn’t he atm the dragon lord best friend? 

Emm, 

Spoiler

He currently looks and acts like one, but I've already have a lot of questions about his behavior.

For example, he send the Bird to steal the string, he told her that would help to get rid of the mark, however we've already learned it is not the method to do it. We already know,  that Pipa is important to the Lord, may be  his power source, so for me it looks very suspicious).

Then, he took that golden armor (it is my understanding it was an armor, right? )from the Dragon King (he requested it in exchange for help, remember?).

And look at the main poster))), he is not that sweet boy with locks on the poster, he is very cold and dangerous at the picture.

Well, we could only guess, wait and see)))

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Yes, he looks gorgeous in black))). But for me so far  the best way to compare the characters consistency was their pool scene after the fight. The Lord looked like the Lord even without that black satin))). But Dylan, sorry, he looked like a boy next door at a pool party on Spring Break)))

Hope will know the Lord's story soon(what was the content on that missing pages). Seems it's connected with his present love interest...

Personally I think the lead's story is pretty interesting and promising,  it's just, like you concluded, an overall very average execution of the main storyline (acting, styling, etc.), on the contrast with the 2nd leads who have significantly less screen time but rock every minite of it.

I suppose the 3 lives would be finished around ep 22-23, so that would leave us with more than 10 episodes to be filled with smth?... Hope it would bring more dynamic to the main storyline.

Emm, 

Hide contents

He currently looks and acts like one, but I've already have a lot of questions about his behavior.

For example, he send the Bird to steal the string, he told her that would help to get rid of the mark, however we've already learned it is not the method to do it. We already know,  that Pipa is important to the Lord, may be  his power source, so for me it looks very suspicious).

Then, he took that golden armor (it is my understanding it was an armor, right? )from the Dragon King (he requested it in exchange for help, remember?).

And look at the main poster))), he is not that sweet boy with locks on the poster, he is very cold and dangerous at the picture.

Well, we could only guess, wait and see)))

It is very possible, I have had a few thoughts about him. I don't really trust him just because he comes off like he is hiding something. Personally I don't really like him right now, but that could change.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

15 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Ooo, they aren't? Oh my, I really thought they're the same actress, cos they look the same. :sweatingbullets:

You're not the only one. :lol: If @achng hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't have noticed either! I wonder why they replaced her...

• LOL 1

35 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

You're not the only one. :lol: If @achng hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't have noticed either! I wonder why they replaced her...

I don't really think they look that much alike, but maybe because I had seen the first miss in The Brightest Star in the Sky and so I was familiar with her. The second miss though I don't know her from anything, but I really really don't like her.

• LOL 2

Ep 17

Sad for the main couple, and happy dance for the second. :happydance:

Spoiler

Something like this happened. LOL!

:7555_attack:

Ep 18 

Second rebirth, as a General's daughter. She's now one tough lady General herself. And yay, Qing Qing is still with her. The Loufeng Lord is still a frequent visitor. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

Hello everyone :),

I am new to this drama thread but not new to forum, I love the theme song for this drama so I translated it closer to what the lyrics actually meant, this is also the full version of the song, hope you guys like it:

遇萤

Meeting Fireflies

作曲 : 执素兮

作词 : 顾聆落

原唱:只有影子

Composer: Zhi Su Xi

Lyrics: Gu Ling Luo

Original Performer: Zhi You Ying Zi 

若千年的光阴

轮回里

是否只是

寻觅着你

A thousand years of time

in the cycle of reincarnation.

Is it only

to find you?

恍若所有月明

圆缺或是阴晴

都只为了你

As if all the moonlight,

be it a full moon or a waning moon,

whether it’s cloudy or clear

is all for you.  

尘缘似一场花雨

眉目缱绻中枯寂

The bonds of fate are like a rain of flowers,

dull and lonely amidst the face of inseparable love.

指间的瞬息

拾得你一颗泪滴

In the moment of time between my fingers,

I pick up your teardrop.

若忘川的涟漪

随我心

是否只是

不忘记你

Ripples of the River of Forgetfulness

follow my heart.

Is it only because

I won't forget you?

恍若所有思绪

怜惜或是悲戚

都是为了你

As if all my feelings of

tenderness or sorrow

are all for you.

尘缘似一场烟影

眉目缱绻中飘零

心之所寄

劫数应声而起

The bonds of fate are like fleeting shadows.

My drifting falling heart is entrusted to you

amidst the face of inseparable love.

Tribulations rise in answer to my heart.

-- Chorus:

前生今生来生

与你相遇

在每一个梦里

In my previous life, this life,

and next life, I meet you 

in every dream.

拂袖唤漫天流萤

掌心微光

谁眼中倒映

A brush of my sleeve fills the whole sky with fireflies,

the glimmer in my hand

mirrors the gleam in whose eyes.

回眸不舍离去

此情为你

在心上停栖

Glancing back as I reluctantly leave,

my love for you

dwells in my heart.

下一世

再与你永不分离

In my next life,

I will never leave you again.

-- End Chorus

若忘川的涟漪

随我心

是否只为

不忘记你

Ripples of the River of Forgetfulness

follow my heart.

Is it only because

I won't forget you?

恍若所有思绪

怜惜或是悲戚

都只为了你

As if all my feelings of

tenderness or sorrow

are all for you.

尘缘似一场流萤

眉目缱绻中宁静

The bonds of fate are like fireflies,

tranquility amidst the face of inseparable love.

照谁前行

灿若彻夜繁星

According to whose path forward,

a vast sky full of brilliant stars through the entire night. 

-- Chorus:

前生今生来生

与你相遇

在每一个梦里

in every dream.

拂袖唤漫天流萤

掌心微光

谁眼中倒映

the glimmer in my hand

回眸不舍离去

此情为你

在心上停栖

my love for you

dwells in my heart.

下一世

再与你永不分离

In my next life,

I will never leave you again.

-- End Chorus

-- Chorus Refrain:

前生今生来生

与你相遇

在每个梦里

in every dream.

拂袖唤漫天流萤

掌心微光

谁眼中倒映

the glimmer in my hand

回眸不舍离去

此情为你

在心上停栖

my love for you

dwells in my heart.

这一世

愿与你共存天地

In this life,

I willingly coexist by your side on Heaven and Earth.

这一世

愿与你共存天地

In this life,

I willingly coexist by your side on Heaven and Earth.

-- Translated by @Ninky

• Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

Caught up to all the released episodes this week ,

they didn't flesh out the second lifetime much , barely any supporting character or activity

I rate it 6.5/10 :astonished:

Spoiler

the narration was "kept in my memory for 60 years" and another voice calling her 太妃 which means concubine of the previous generation king

implies 20+60 year old

and her "soul" went back to 20year old looks and mannerism

fun part was her pouring away the amnesia soup

the touch wall part I first seen it in year 2011 步步惊心

lots of bloopers like using the qing-ming dynasty palace , lack of supporting minor characters make the place feel very empty

understandable as it's low budget production done in pandemic year

• Blob 1

On 5/19/2021 at 1:13 PM, bomnie said:

I am so much more invested in the second lead couple! They drive me absolutely crazy! :joy:

They are starting to grow on me with every episode.

I liked Qing Qing from the start because she's ridiculously funny; I love her lively facial expressions. :Megalol:

#dude you're sick from movielosophy bf5f70505263de36a740aa2a2d7ff6615a9c88cd.gifv

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

I liked Qing Qing from the start because she's ridiculously funny; I love her lively facial expressions. 

Qing Qing is as cute as Tweety Bird, hehehe! 

• LOL 1

4 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

I liked Qing Qing from the start because she's ridiculously funny; I love her lively facial expressions. :Megalol:

I won't spoil it, let you all discover their past *winks.

Lord Xue isn't any different from Dragon King in that these two will do anything for their love.

But presently, tweety and Lord Xue are getting closer and closer with each episode :D.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 2

Thank you @Ninkyfor the translations. It's a beautiful song, I really need to add it to my driving list of songs.

I can't wait to watch the new episodes, but I am trying to hold out as long as possible so that way I can just binge watch.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

39 minutes ago, Tamakins said:

I can't wait to watch the new episodes, but I am trying to hold out as long as possible so that way I can just binge watch.

Same here! I distract myself with online shopping for a holiday that may not happen... :sweatingbullets: So far I'm doing quite well :D 

LOL @ nickname for Qing Qing. She sure does tweet alot! :lol: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, SilverDawn said:

Same here! I distract myself with online shopping for a holiday that may not happen... :sweatingbullets: So far I'm doing quite well :D 

LOL @ nickname for Qing Qing. She sure does tweet alot! :lol: 

I try not to do too much online shopping cause that can be so very bad...last time I did that I bought a few dramas, that are still in their wrappings, and a lot of cute pusheen items..and other things. LOL

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

On 5/20/2021 at 7:26 PM, Ninky said:

I won't spoil it, let you all discover their past *winks.

Lord Xue isn't any different from Dragon King in that these two will do anything for their love.

But presently, tweety and Lord Xue are getting closer and closer with each episode :D.

Hi Ninky! I’m in love with the 2nd leads. Could you please spoil me??? Would love to know their past, future, any info! How do you know this info bts. Thanks so much ;)

• Like 2

Hi everyone,  just saw some bts and (spoiler!)

Spoiler

OMG, Lord Xue is in white there!) I wonder if it is past or future; cause QingQing and the main leads were there as well, so I'm a bit confused. There is also a separate part of bts with QingQing, and he is also in white. 

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1