Li Xing Chen as Ye Haoran
Zhang Da Yuan as Han Shuishi
Zhang Zi Han as Nan Nan
Fu Shu Yang as Mo Xuan
Xu He Ni as Luo Hanguo
Li Ming Xuan as He Dinghong
Fu Xiao Dong as Han Xiucao

Synopsis:

Yu Qing Luo gives birth to a son named Nan Nan. Seven years later, she becomes a renowned physician with unorthodox skills. She sets out to find Yang Xiu Cheng, Nan Nan's father. On her journey, she comes across a man named Ye Xiu Du, the prince of Feng Cang Kingdom. As Ye Xiu Du resembles Yang Xiu Cheng, Yu Qing Luo grew to resent him. However after several encounters, she realizes it was just a co-incidence and began to open up to him. At the same time, Yu Qing Luo's skills and talent attracted unwanted attention and she gets swept up in conflicts. Yu Qing Luo and Ye Xiu Du work together to defeat the opponents, and Yu Qing Luo also finds out that Ye Xiu Diu is Nan Nan's biological father in the process. The family of three retreat together to Xiao Lin Forest, and live a peaceful and happy life together.
(Source: DramaWiki) 

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, YouTube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @SC2019

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

'This' has been my reason for coming out of hibernation and popping on Soompi again. I've been following the online Chinese novel this series is based on for nearly 12 months. I'm grateful production decided to just make a short and sweet version of it. It tells me production is wisely swallowing only what they can chew. Trying to match the epic 5013 chapters (and still going) novel would be crazy.

• Like 2

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Qing Luo 清落
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Qing Luo 清落
On 12/15/2020 at 7:43 PM, Nudafu said:

'This' has been my reason for coming out of hibernation and popping on Soompi again. I've been following the online Chinese novel this series is based on for nearly 12 months. I'm grateful production decided to just make a short and sweet version of it. It tells me production is wisely swallowing only what they can chew. Trying to match the epic 5013 chapters (and still going) novel would be crazy.

Are you serious? That many chapters? How does the direction of the story go with so many episodes?

I am at Episode 16, the latest episode released for the drama. The ML is really charming and I think his acting is pretty good. Together with the FL, they are quite an attractive pair. It's quite interesting that there is a child in this story, it's so far an uncommon element in ancient stories - I guess because women who came with such  'baggage' would otherwise not be accepted, more so as he is a prince (so did the mother know all along who he was marrying?). It's just that with the latest development in E16, my initial comment was "what an expected turn of events, sigh.....". I guess it's a normal story arc, I just wish he would snap out of it soon. I guess the jade pieces gave it away, and the explanation now fits as to why the ML doesn't remember at all what happened.

@NudafuI hope someone else joins this thread, or else it's going to be lonely with just the two of us!

6 hours ago, SC2019 said:

Are you serious? That many chapters? How does the direction of the story go with so many episodes?

I am at Episode 16, the latest episode released for the drama. The ML is really charming and I think his acting is pretty good. Together with the FL, they are quite an attractive pair. It's quite interesting that there is a child in this story, it's so far an uncommon element in ancient stories - I guess because women who came with such  'baggage' would otherwise not be accepted, more so as he is a prince (so did the mother know all along who he was marrying?). It's just that with the latest development in E16, my initial comment was "what an expected turn of events, sigh.....". I guess it's a normal story arc, I just wish he would snap out of it soon. I guess the jade pieces gave it away, and the explanation now fits as to why the ML doesn't remember at all what happened.

@NudafuI hope someone else joins this thread, or else it's going to be lonely with just the two of us!

I would love to join in. I am waiting for english subtitles so I am only on epsiode 5 atm and trying my best not to watch any further eps raw. The drama is not the best but I really like it. I like how easy and light it is. Some scenes are cringe but what cdrama doesnt have cringe sense hahaaha. The drama is only getting better and better for me. What are your thoughts on this drama? 

Also, can you please explain the jade pieces to me. I have not watch any further episode so I am not sure on what you mean to why it gave it away. I don't mind spoilers. 

@bulubulu Welcome!! I like this story because it's simple and the child breaks the monotony of a standard plot. He is a rather precocious child, such a handful, I felt like putting him over my knees and spanking him but I think the mother already does that enough and it doesn't seem to do him any good. Probably a father-figure is really what he needs. I think the way the child bonds so naturally with the ML and the way he manages to connect with him were already tell-tale signs about their relationship.

I was watching A Girl Like Me and the ML (such eye-candy) but in terms of facial expressions and delivering authenticity, I feel like this ML does a much better job. There's also a certain maturity that the ML here brings to the role, probably because of age (the actor is 30) and the FL isn't the soppy kind. She's brave and doesn't stay down. I appreciate that they managed to overcome their differences quite early in the story but I was wondering what else could happen for it to stretch to E24. So, E16 introduced the next part of the arc.

Ok, for the spoiler.

Spoiler

So, somewhere along the story, you saw that the FL had a jade piece. Then a few episodes down the ML gave her a similar piece to confess his love/affection for her. That piece of jade was mentioned in the drama as a clue to her past, to be precise, the father of her son.

My question was how come the ML had a jade piece that was 'the other half' to the one she had. And if he had done the deed with her, which resulted in a child, how did he not know he had done it???

So, finally, in E15/16, our FL recovers her memory and the answer to my question is revealed, as a flashback. If you want to know, tell me. If not, I'll leave you to catch up with E16 when the subs are out. Looks like it will take the subs team time to do so... so 'hwaiting'.

3 hours ago, SC2019 said:

@bulubulu Welcome!! I like this story because it's simple and the child breaks the monotony of a standard plot. He is a rather precocious child, such a handful, I felt like putting him over my knees and spanking him but I think the mother already does that enough and it doesn't seem to do him any good. Probably a father-figure is really what he needs. I think the way the child bonds so naturally with the ML and the way he manages to connect with him were already tell-tale signs about their relationship.

I was watching A Girl Like Me and the ML (such eye-candy) but in terms of facial expressions and delivering authenticity, I feel like this ML does a much better job. There's also a certain maturity that the ML here brings to the role, probably because of age (the actor is 30) and the FL isn't the soppy kind. She's brave and doesn't stay down. I appreciate that they managed to overcome their differences quite early in the story but I was wondering what else could happen for it to stretch to E24. So, E16 introduced the next part of the arc.

Ok, for the spoiler.

Spoiler

Hide contents

So, somewhere along the story, you saw that the FL had a jade piece. Then a few episodes down the ML gave her a similar piece to confess his love/affection for her. That piece of jade was mentioned in the drama as a clue to her past, to be precise, the father of her son.

My question was how come the ML had a jade piece that was 'the other half' to the one she had. And if he had done the deed with her, which resulted in a child, how did he not know he had done it???

So, finally, in E15/16, our FL recovers her memory and the answer to my question is revealed, as a flashback. If you want to know, tell me. If not, I'll leave you to catch up with E16 when the subs are out. Looks like it will take the subs team time to do so... so 'hwaiting'.

I'm glad that you find the drama enjoyable as well. Liu Xueyi is a good actor, it's a shame that he's barely known and just started to get lead roles now. I wish him and Wang Zi Wei good luck for their future works. 

You made me curious so yes tell me all about it. By the way, do you understand chinese?

How do you feel about him losing his memories ? Honestly, I don't like how they did that but I guess it's fine with me as long as it does not drag on until the end for him to regain his memories.

17 hours ago, bulubulu said:

I'm glad that you find the drama enjoyable as well. Liu Xueyi is a good actor, it's a shame that he's barely known and just started to get lead roles now. I wish him and Wang Zi Wei good luck for their future works. 

You made me curious so yes tell me all about it. By the way, do you understand chinese?

How do you feel about him losing his memories ? Honestly, I don't like how they did that but I guess it's fine with me as long as it does not drag on until the end for him to regain his memories.

I am quite glad I got to know who Liu Xue Yi and what he can do from this show. I'll explain why in the spoiler later as some lurkers may be reading the thread and are waiting for subs. As for Wang Zi Wei, she seems to have quite a few main lead roles under her belt too.

By the way, do you understand chinese?  Conversational, yes. So when it's just normal conversations I understand most of it. But when it gets to politics, military tactics, any form of jargon, I get lost. (sigh) Like I was watching The Imperial Coroner and I had to write the words out in an online Chinese Dictionary app or use the camera feature in Google Translate.

Spoiler

After losing his memory, the ML has a slightly different persona from the first 10-12 episodes. What is interesting is that about 6-7 years ago, he was different, but the family lost its reputation and that spurred him to keep working hard and so he changed to become the person we saw in the first half of the episodes (very result-oriented, goal-driven). In the second half, we see a more light-hearted, playful ML. Being able to portray two different characters within the same drama - And this is why I said I got to see what Liu Xue Yi can do.

How did I feel about him losing his memory? In the beginning it was ok, then as usual some girl has to end up in bed with him, and he feels he has to take responsibility for her (though to be fair, she did it to protect him BUT she didn't tell him the truth, so there was some deceit on her part) --> that part cheesed me off. To the point our FL tore up her wedding 'document'. Of course, by the time we reach E19, things get resolved but it was still somewhat annoying.  Then of course, it's the FL's turn to turn down the ML's 2nd marriage proposal to her (with his still-forgotten memories and new persona) as she is being blackmailed by someone who has poisoned her son. :crazily: But luckily things are wrapped up quite neatly. Thank heavens its 24 episodes, and they had no choice but to do so fast!

Ok, so why is the ML the father of her child, but blissfully ignorant about it? The FL's ex-hubby wanted to marry the PM's daughter. So he had to come up with false charges (or conspire against) on her. So he used the aphrodisiac incense which got her all in the mood for it and I don't know how but the ML happened to be nearby. (I think this was the last round of the 'war games',  sorry I don't know the proper term for it, but I think you know what I mean, it's the event which they have been preparing for). So the two of them had one night of passion and as luck would have it, she got pregnant. So that became the reason for her ex-hubby to drown her in the river under charges of adultery. [In the flashback, she was awake first and someone from his household (looks like the mother's personal maid?) came to her with the half-moon jade piece and told her to keep it as proof of that one night of indiscretion. And when she had calmed down enough, to then come to their household, present the jade, and I think he would then take responsibility for her.)

31 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

I am quite glad I got to know who Liu Xue Yi and what he can do from this show. I'll explain why in the spoiler later as some lurkers may be reading the thread and are waiting for subs. As for Wang Zi Wei, she seems to have quite a few main lead roles under her belt too.

By the way, do you understand chinese?  Conversational, yes. So when it's just normal conversations I understand most of it. But when it gets to politics, military tactics, any form of jargon, I get lost. (sigh) Like I was watching The Imperial Coroner and I had to write the words out in an online Chinese Dictionary app or use the camera feature in Google Translate.

Spoiler

Hide contents

After losing his memory, the ML has a slightly different persona from the first 10-12 episodes. What is interesting is that about 6-7 years ago, he was different, but the family lost its reputation and that spurred him to keep working hard and so he changed to become the person we saw in the first half of the episodes (very result-oriented, goal-driven). In the second half, we see a more light-hearted, playful ML. Being able to portray two different characters within the same drama - And this is why I said I got to see what Liu Xue Yi can do.

How did I feel about him losing his memory? In the beginning it was ok, then as usual some girl has to end up in bed with him, and he feels he has to take responsibility for her (though to be fair, she did it to protect him BUT she didn't tell him the truth, so there was some deceit on her part) --> that part cheesed me off. To the point our FL tore up her wedding 'document'. Of course, by the time we reach E19, things get resolved but it was still somewhat annoying.  Then of course, it's the FL's turn to turn down the ML's 2nd marriage proposal to her (with his still-forgotten memories and new persona) as she is being blackmailed by someone who has poisoned her son. :crazily: But luckily things are wrapped up quite neatly. Thank heavens its 24 episodes, and they had no choice but to do so fast!

Ok, so why is the ML the father of her child, but blissfully ignorant about it? The FL's ex-hubby wanted to marry the PM's daughter. So he had to come up with false charges (or conspire against) on her. So he used the aphrodisiac incense which got her all in the mood for it and I don't know how but the ML happened to be nearby. (I think this was the last round of the 'war games',  sorry I don't know the proper term for it, but I think you know what I mean, it's the event which they have been preparing for). So the two of them had one night of passion and as luck would have it, she got pregnant. So that became the reason for her ex-hubby to drown her in the river under charges of adultery. [In the flashback, she was awake first and someone from his household (looks like the mother's personal maid?) came to her with the half-moon jade piece and told her to keep it as proof of that one night of indiscretion. And when she had calmed down enough, to then come to their household, present the jade, and I think he would then take responsibility for her.)

oh I see. That's why you understand the drama so fast. 

This is not really a spoiler or anything but I think I will mark it as just cus I am asking about it and just in case ...

Spoiler

Thank you for explaining but I don't get how and why did he proposed to her when he doesn't have his memories back??? It is annoying that she did not tell him the truth even though she helped him. Would be less misunderstanding between ML and FL. I thought they also drugged him like how they did to her but I guess just cause he was near by and accidently got involved?? By the previous and what you said it seems like he hasn't regain his memories back so it looks like it will be ep 23-24 that he will. I'm so annoyed that they made him lost his memories like the FL and doesnt get it back until the end???? Like cmonnn... I'm not feeling it..

1 hour ago, bulubulu said:

oh I see. That's why you understand the drama so fast. 

This is not really a spoiler or anything but I think I will mark it as just cus I am asking about it and just in case ...

Hide contents

Thank you for explaining but I don't get how and why did he proposed to her when he doesn't have his memories back??? It is annoying that she did not tell him the truth even though she helped him. Would be less misunderstanding between ML and FL. I thought they also drugged him like how they did to her but I guess just cause he was near by and accidently got involved?? By the previous and what you said it seems like he hasn't regain his memories back so it looks like it will be ep 23-24 that he will. I'm so annoyed that they made him lost his memories like the FL and doesnt get it back until the end???? Like cmonnn... I'm not feeling it..

Here's my answer to your question

Spoiler

Spoiler

He staggered into the room, I don't know if he was drunk or he happened to be passing by (his cheeks were flushed) as I think that was the 'war game event', and I think he was part of his family' entourage? So, he was likely drunk, and then when he staggered into the room, thinking it was his, he sniffed the aphrodisiac incense, and erh, they both had their one night of passion.

OK, I went back to look at what the personal aide said to her, the morning after (E15, 32;50). She didn't tell her that he would take responsibility for her. She hoped that the FL would be able to bury this unfortunate event. The jade piece was given to her in the event her life was threatened, and she could come to the mansion to ask for help.

So, I don't know if they knew her identity. But based on what the maid said, there was no intention for him to marry her. It was written off as an unfortunate incident.

Why did he propose?  I think he had flashbacks, there were scenes in btwn (I ff-ed a bit 'coz a bit annoyed and the story was really trivial at that point), where he had chocolate and that triggered something, and there was a scene where she tore up their wedding document, and he experienced intense feelings, and there were other incidences where she tried to make him recall by bringing him to places they had been before (like the secret room, etc), and she tried to introduce opportunities for skinship etc . And finally, she nearly died when they went to search for antidote for an induced-epidemic (by the baddies), and I guess that was the last straw that broke the camel's back. And he realised he did love her. I guess plot-wise, no matter what, no matter how many times, he will still fall in love with her.

Just started this drama for fun today! 

I saw the trailer a while ago and got intrigued since it starred male lead, which I recognise from Love and Redemption! 

This was surprisingly good, tho I didn't expect much from it initially. Very pleased as of now and female lead's character is also fun to watch. Digging their chemistry! 

Will definitely tune in to episode 4 this week :) 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

On 5/27/2021 at 9:55 PM, SC2019 said:

Here's my answer to your question

Hide contents

Spoiler

He staggered into the room, I don't know if he was drunk or he happened to be passing by (his cheeks were flushed) as I think that was the 'war game event', and I think he was part of his family' entourage? So, he was likely drunk, and then when he staggered into the room, thinking it was his, he sniffed the aphrodisiac incense, and erh, they both had their one night of passion.

OK, I went back to look at what the personal aide said to her, the morning after (E15, 32;50). She didn't tell her that he would take responsibility for her. She hoped that the FL would be able to bury this unfortunate event. The jade piece was given to her in the event her life was threatened, and she could come to the mansion to ask for help.

So, I don't know if they knew her identity. But based on what the maid said, there was no intention for him to marry her. It was written off as an unfortunate incident.

Why did he propose?  I think he had flashbacks, there were scenes in btwn (I ff-ed a bit 'coz a bit annoyed and the story was really trivial at that point), where he had chocolate and that triggered something, and there was a scene where she tore up their wedding document, and he experienced intense feelings, and there were other incidences where she tried to make him recall by bringing him to places they had been before (like the secret room, etc), and she tried to introduce opportunities for skinship etc . And finally, she nearly died when they went to search for antidote for an induced-epidemic (by the baddies), and I guess that was the last straw that broke the camel's back. And he realised he did love her. I guess plot-wise, no matter what, no matter how many times, he will still fall in love with her.

Spoiler

Thank You for all the information. I couldn't wait any longer so I kinda went through ep 17-22 but I did not seem to catch if he got his memories back or not during those eps. I came across this scene after FL almost died and the girl that "slept" with ML to help him said something to her. Not sure if she told the truth about her sleeping with him or not since I don't know Chinese but I think she did? Those flashbacks make me think that he regain his memories but not completely. You did mentioned that he proposed with his new persona so yea.....man I wish he would remember it already. That bothers me a lot ngl. Seems like the reason why he got amnesia is because its a way for him to remember everything, by everything I mean when he did that with FL which he's completely not aware of. I'll see when sub is available, which will be a while :(. They're soooo cute tho <3

@bulubulu  Here are some answers and my thoughts..

Spoiler

yes, the girl did reveal the truth. Actually the night before, she told her 'master' or the ML when he went to retrieve the torn-up marriage agreement. So, after the 'near-death' experience, she apologised to the FL. She's actually quite a decent girl and I suspect she ends up with the other guy who has been trying to pursue our FL.

I know right, I keep thinking that he should remember their one-night stand. I think he will at some moment, well we only have 2 episodes left. Considering how long the novel is, I wonder why they only produced 24 episodes? Oh well, short and sweet then. 

14 hours ago, SC2019 said:

@bulubulu  Here are some answers and my thoughts..

Spoiler

Hide contents

yes, the girl did reveal the truth. Actually the night before, she told her 'master' or the ML when he went to retrieve the torn-up marriage agreement. So, after the 'near-death' experience, she apologised to the FL. She's actually quite a decent girl and I suspect she ends up with the other guy who has been trying to pursue our FL.

I know right, I keep thinking that he should remember their one-night stand. I think he will at some moment, well we only have 2 episodes left. Considering how long the novel is, I wonder why they only produced 24 episodes? Oh well, short and sweet then. 

Yea its good that she turned out to be decent. On the opening song (if not then ending song) if im not wrong there was a scene of Li Zi Fan handing a red bouquet to her, something like that. 

I don't know about the novel so I can't say much. I know that I enjoy the drama and I like it. 

This ends so fast, its literally ending tomorrow and I don't want to spoil myself with the last two episodes. I hope that I can wait for English sub :sad1:

• Blob 1

@bulubulu E23 and 24 are out

Spoiler

from the last conversation in E24 just before it ended, it seems as if there may be a part 2. They mentioned about the aide/maid who passed our FL the bracelet, apparently she went missing. And the ML says he will investigate her disappearance. They both concluded that there is more than meets the eye to the 'evil' organisation who was coveting after the 'manual'/medical book and going to great lengths to get it. There maybe someone else.

So, you know in the earlier episodes when there was a mysterious man playing a flute when our FL and ML had a near death experience (with being crushed to death by nails from the ceiling?), I guessed that the man was the FL's father. True enough, he emerges in the last episode, saves our ML from near death (our ML offers his blood to the son who was poisoned and stands at death's door).

It's a neat wrap-up. We never get to see the Emperor who is forever giving edicts through the eunuch (gee they must be running on a really tight budget) and he marries both brothers off when they and the girls return from the inter-country tournament aka War Games. We finally get to see the boys' mother - she is frankly too young looking to be their mother (another budget casting issue I suppose). At the wedding ceremony FL's father apologises to her for not being able to save the husband who was poisoned by the same poison that was used on the little boy, which then got passed onto the father (our ML) when he exchanged blood with the son). So all in all, the FL's father had been playing dad to find a cure for this toxic poison and to uncover the evil organisation. By finding the cure, he saved the son of the man he could not save earlier on, so it's all fated.

I hope you have fun watching it, the subs are pretty slow I think, so it will take you sometime.

On 6/3/2021 at 3:29 AM, SC2019 said:

@bulubulu E23 and 24 are out

Hide contents

from the last conversation in E24 just before it ended, it seems as if there may be a part 2. They mentioned about the aide/maid who passed our FL the bracelet, apparently she went missing. And the ML says he will investigate her disappearance. They both concluded that there is more than meets the eye to the 'evil' organisation who was coveting after the 'manual'/medical book and going to great lengths to get it. There maybe someone else.

So, you know in the earlier episodes when there was a mysterious man playing a flute when our FL and ML had a near death experience (with being crushed to death by nails from the ceiling?), I guessed that the man was the FL's father. True enough, he emerges in the last episode, saves our ML from near death (our ML offers his blood to the son who was poisoned and stands at death's door).

It's a neat wrap-up. We never get to see the Emperor who is forever giving edicts through the eunuch (gee they must be running on a really tight budget) and he marries both brothers off when they and the girls return from the inter-country tournament aka War Games. We finally get to see the boys' mother - she is frankly too young looking to be their mother (another budget casting issue I suppose). At the wedding ceremony FL's father apologises to her for not being able to save the husband who was poisoned by the same poison that was used on the little boy, which then got passed onto the father (our ML) when he exchanged blood with the son). So all in all, the FL's father had been playing dad to find a cure for this toxic poison and to uncover the evil organisation. By finding the cure, he saved the son of the man he could not save earlier on, so it's all fated.

I hope you have fun watching it, the subs are pretty slow I think, so it will take you sometime.

Thank you for letting me know.

Spoiler

I don't understand why the FL father appear at the end tho like whats the point of it. The whole blood thing is confusing to me as well just cause I didn't watch or didn't skim through the last two eps and is only on ep 10 with eng sub rn. I don't think there will be a season two though although I would like season two. I will keep what you said in mind. 

Thanks for going back and fourth with me on this drama :P