[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Qing Luo 清落

sugarplum892

@bulubulu here's a brief explanation to the appearance of the father and the blood issue

Spoiler

The little boy is poisoned by the baddies and the cure is a feather of some bird or blood transfusion from the male parent - so it's obviously the father who has to offer his blood to the son. I've no idea why they can't do a transfusion, instead it becomes blood exchange (probably because it's the entire volume of blood that has to be changed). So, the little boy gets the father's blood and the father gets the poisoned son's blood. This then brings him to near death as the poison is said to be fatal.

The father has to appear for a few reasons: 1) to explain the mystery of the ML's father dying of poison and 2) to save the ML as he is an extraordinary physician. Not only that, since the ML's father was poisoned with the same poison and he was helpless 7 years ago, he had devoted all that time to finding a cure. So, this time round, he save the son of the man he could not save at that time, and his grandson's father (or son-in-law to put it simply). 

I think the slow subs is going to be quite a deterrent for people on this forum to enjoy, especially for those who require subs. Oh well, I hope more people will get to enjoy it once all the subs are out!

10 hours ago, SC2019 said:

@bulubulu here's a brief explanation to the appearance of the father and the blood issue

Spoiler

Hide contents

The little boy is poisoned by the baddies and the cure is a feather of some bird or blood transfusion from the male parent - so it's obviously the father who has to offer his blood to the son. I've no idea why they can't do a transfusion, instead it becomes blood exchange (probably because it's the entire volume of blood that has to be changed). So, the little boy gets the father's blood and the father gets the poisoned son's blood. This then brings him to near death as the poison is said to be fatal.

The father has to appear for a few reasons: 1) to explain the mystery of the ML's father dying of poison and 2) to save the ML as he is an extraordinary physician. Not only that, since the ML's father was poisoned with the same poison and he was helpless 7 years ago, he had devoted all that time to finding a cure. So, this time round, he save the son of the man he could not save at that time, and his grandson's father (or son-in-law to put it simply). 

I think the slow subs is going to be quite a deterrent for people on this forum to enjoy, especially for those who require subs. Oh well, I hope more people will get to enjoy it once all the subs are out!

Oh okayy I see. That makes more sense now. Thank you much. 

• 3 months later...

On 5/26/2021 at 11:08 PM, SC2019 said:

Are you serious? That many chapters? How does the direction of the story go with so many episodes?

I am at Episode 16, the latest episode released for the drama. The ML is really charming and I think his acting is pretty good. Together with the FL, they are quite an attractive pair. It's quite interesting that there is a child in this story, it's so far an uncommon element in ancient stories - I guess because women who came with such  'baggage' would otherwise not be accepted, more so as he is a prince (so did the mother know all along who he was marrying?). It's just that with the latest development in E16, my initial comment was "what an expected turn of events, sigh.....". I guess it's a normal story arc, I just wish he would snap out of it soon. I guess the jade pieces gave it away, and the explanation now fits as to why the ML doesn't remember at all what happened.

@NudafuI hope someone else joins this thread, or else it's going to be lonely with just the two of us!

Apologies, a very delayed response.

I've been in a rut about the novel. Such an epic story and the author decided to not end it! Officially, the author has said there will be no more to the story, but it is still recognised online as "continuing". It sounded like the author experienced a few bouts of gastritis during the writing, reporting once having to be hospitalised. I have a feeling the author put so much pressure on herself, set the standard so high, that what she aimed for seemed unattainable. I've just had to learn to accept something so great can be imperfect. 

Novel spoilers

Spoiler

Yep, that many chapters. The story is separated into 3 arcs based on the worlds the FL and son stay in. Arc 1 (Mortal Realm): this is where the son is born, FL and ML fall in love, and the FL personal revenge story takes place. Arc 2 (Spiritual Realm): FL and son are separated from Arc 1 to 2 and the search is on to find her son. Where the main drive of the story was revenge in Arc 1, the driver in Arc 2 is finding the son. FL also joins a martial sect who becomes her family. After the son is found, the next drive is the mystery of FL's true identity. Filler Arc (Island Realm between Spiritual and Heavenly Realm): FL finds her maternal family, revelation of son's true father. Arc 3 (Heavenly Arc): FL finds her father, FL joins up with ML, we almost get to the finale and then it ends unfinished. Yes, it sounds like Bleach but I'm paraphrasing because each world is defined by a Daoist level of progress. The Mortal Realm contains normal qi, the Spiritual Realm has spiritual qi, and the Heavenly Realm has deity and god-like qi. ML heads one of the 3 ruling powers in the Heavenly Realm. And the FL and son have to fight to grow and up-grade to rise through all the realms so they can be together as a family in the Heavenly Realm. The stakes are higher because the FL owns a qin (Chinese zither) that is said to command the 3 realms in it's ultimate form. The qin grants the FL powers that drive her fighting and medical abilities. FL needs to keep it a secret because everyone wants to kill her for it (and own it for themselves of course); the qin itself also contains another secret which links to the finale. The motivations that drive the pace of the story are so engaging because they are primal: revenge, family, identity. The son is central to the story because the nature of his being is so pure (this hints at whose son he is) that if he doesn't reach the Heavenly Realm before the age of 10, he will die. Any other realm pollutes the purity of his being. So FL and son are not just developing to get powerful, FL is in a desperate race to save her son. It's such a rich and layered story, this summary does it poor justice.

I can see how the drama borrows some elements from the novel. FL is an unparalleled physician, the shame of a young, single mother is there. As well as the jade linking FL and ML and ML's amnesia.

Novel spoilers

Spoiler

The jade from the novel belongs to the FL (it's a blood gem left for a child by the parent for identification). The owner of the blood gem is the Demon King, one of the 3 ruling powers of the Heavenly Realm. In an awesome twist of identity, the FL is actually the Demon Princess (the only heir of the Demon King). ML as one of the other kings, initially rejects a political union between his kingdom and the Demon Princess. Because he has a woman he loves and takes to wife: the Demon Princess herself. It's so ironic it's hilarious. In the novel, ML's amnesia about his night together with FL is due to a power-curse. This is linked to the finale, which never gets fully explained because there is no ending.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nudafu said:

@SC2019 Jun Jiu Ling and You Are My Glory.

Am watching JJL too! Happy watching. I'm watching two light-hearted rom-coms,

Spoiler

My Dear Brother and Your Sensibility, My Destiny. Both are easy to watch, if you want something that doesn't hurt your brain and you won't question the logic behind it, do watch them too.

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Qing Luo 清落