Quantcast

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got to see the the Finale. So glad the momentum picked up again and the ending was great and satisfying, more than I could have ever expected. This is so rare as even some of the best dramas’

Hi all. Dropping by here because it seems quiet peaceful. Tired of those super toxic stans, they're literally everywhere spreading hate to DS (even DM too). Some long time KSH fans (long before SU) ev

Hi guys..   So I have been reading here and there comments about how Nam Do San is violent and selfish ..and I've been asking myself are we seriously watching the same drama ? DS has ne

‘Start-Up’ is off to a strong start — First Impressions

https://thedramacorner.com/2020/10/21/start-up-is-off-to-a-strong-start-first-impressions/

Start-Up: Episodes 1-2 Open Thread

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/start-up-episodes-1-2-open-thread/

Loving this drama so much! 

A few first impression posts. 

I do have a doubt...there was a dialogue where Ji Pyung says to grandma that what was the name of your granddaughter. But we see in earlier scene that he remembers her name during that conference. Was he pretending to not remember her name?

• Like 3

I am really curious of the Korean guy who is in the judging panel.. Any one having the same thoughts as me??.. 

Just wondering whether he will be a genuine benefactor or a wolf in sheep's clothing!!.. Hope it's not the later.. 

He really seems to be interested in NDS... 

• Like 3

Finally Saturday!! Excited to watch the new episodes~~

and oh i just knew that the Writer for this Drama is Park Hye Ryun?!! Omg i’m totally a fan!! I can watch this in peace then, knowing that this drama will definitely worth the time :fullofhearts:

In Park Hye Ryun i trust!! She always know how to make a scene on point, and it’s already shown in the first 2 eps

• Like 5
12 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

i am pretty shocked that this thread not that busy lol. i thought there are lot of suzy and nam joo hyuk fans here haha. hopefully we go active again when the new episode dropping.

IKR! I'm surprised too that this thread is not so active...with so many popular stars!

Also, can anyone clarify my doubt :grin:

there was a dialogue where Ji Pyung says to grandma that "what was the name of your granddaughter". But we see in an earlier scene that he remembers her name during the conference. Was he pretending to not remember her name??

• Like 4

I am really enjoying the first two episodes. What a great cast.

I do not understand why In-Jae has to be so mean to her sister, though. They made different choices, but I don't understand why In-Jae has to sneer and be cruel about Dal-Mi's scuffed shoes and the fact that she is less successful. She is your sister and she never did anything to hurt you, so... ? What's your problem?

When the father died, that was :tears::tears::tears:

Grandma is the best.

• Like 4

Poor Dosan, can't catch a break lmao. He is prosaic, but very persistent;  but so far his endeavors all seemed to back fire lol, he's smart but take things far too literally.  I am psyched to see where the writer would take his character, as opposed to Ji Pyeong who seemingly have a hard shell but a total mush inside.  He never admits sentiment and is very quick to judge people and their plight. 

Question, I haven't seen the writer's previous works, it is pretty consistent or unpredictable? In the first few episodes, Ji Pyeong comes off really strong (makes you root for him) while Do san was more of a dull underdog.  And it looks like they are playing the cliched triangle (or maybe not? for all we know, Ji Pyeong's "no" could mean literally just it, but we'll see) which I hope they avoid all together.

Excited for what's to come...:handsup:

• Like 4

I can’t be the only one rooting for Han Ji Pyeong in the romantic triangle love story?

This drama interestingly set it up so that you buy into Ji Pyeong’s story right from episode 1.  It was a strong back story and beautifully told!  I find myself thinking he’s the lead, and not Do San, and I don’t mind his screen time at all.

Suzy is doing so well, I haven’t watched any of her works since Uncontrollably Fond but I’m happy to see her again.

Eps 3 Spoiler ahead

The car pick up scene as she leaves the networking party was so nicely directed with the OST in the background.  Anyone else squeal as he covered her head with his hand as she got in the car? Ahhh.

• Like 5
49 minutes ago, blue_fleurs said:

I can’t be the only one rooting for Han Ji Pyeong in the romantic triangle love story?

This drama interestingly set it up so that you buy into Ji Pyeong’s story right from episode 1.  It was a strong back story and beautifully told!  I find myself thinking he’s the lead, and not Do San, and I don’t mind his screen time at all.

Suzy is doing so well, I haven’t watched any of her works since Uncontrollably Fond but I’m happy to see her again.

Eps 3 Spoiler ahead

The car pick up scene as she leaves the networking party was so nicely directed with the OST in the background.  Anyone else squeal as he covered her head with his hand as she got in the car? Ahhh.

Yeah, the writer seems to make it appear that way.  I am confused because why the hell they would set up Do San and Dal Mi together when it is obvious that Ji Pyeong is a better pick? lol Ji Pyeong seemed to have a soft core under that tough exterior and Do San seemed to fail to pick up the simplest social cues.  Argh.  It's too early to tell though, for all we know Dal Mi ends up single. Heh.  But you know, out of the four of them, it seems like Ji Pyeong was the only one who are successful career-wise but dang he has quite a temper.  In Jae, though she had quite an easy start, is back to the drawing board.  Dal Mi, still struggling to prove herself and Do San, being held far too high on the expectations by his parents just because he's smart.

Also both Suzy's and Nam Joo Hyuk's acting doesn't seemed to bother me considering I am partial to some actors who are really brilliant no matter what genre they are in.  I wish people would give the two a chance.  I have had enough of people complaining about Sun Ho and Ha Na being second fiddle to these two, well, they agreed to take on the roles, didn't they? Let's just enjoy the ride and see how the story unfolds.

• Like 3
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] Startup (Sandbox), 스타트업