[Drama 2020] Startup (Sandbox), 스타트업

wildcherry

More I think about ep.11 more frustrated I get :huh: Alex seems to be fixed panel in Sandbox, so he must have been alright so far, why all of the sudden he became villain deceiving amateur startups?? 

Also, I've had enough of CS and YS. What's their role in Samsan tech???? Cheering DS, looking for a girlfriend and a revenge? :angry: Apparently they had no value for Alex

Dalmi too. I don't get why she is praised as a good CEO. She has solid presentation skills and lots of ideas, yes. But she was just praying in a church for Noongil app to fail instead of looking for a solution. And didn't even ask for advice regarding contract.

Omg I don't know but this episode just made me angry

The only person I liked was InJae

Edited by naun81
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

It is a good learning curve and lesson learnt for the young entrepreneur for this EP. In my opinion, who didn't fail before they turn into a successful company one day, look at bill gate and steve job, they failed many many times before they become who they are now. No human ever became interesting by not failing. The more we fail and recover and improve, the better we are as a person and the same goes to the company as teamwork.

They have to learn the hard way, to differentiate the acquisition and partnership the actual meaning in the contract law. 

Although it seems sad in the EP, I quite like the idea to make the young team fall and later they will raise again. I had personally met some accountants and the young start up team that they had shared the same bad experience before they became a successful business men/women. For me, it is indeed a good turning point for them to learn the hard way and to appreciate the lesson learnt.

The emotion and impulsive are the killing part for this young team, they forgot being cautious and stay prudent before signing the contract or look up for 2nd opinion. Of course this drama made it purposeful in this manner, but the failure is simply the opportunity to begin again , and this time they will be more intelligently thru this learning curve.

It's quite common to see the conflicts between them in EP 11 or 12 and later reconciliation at the end.  I like this writer to make it this way so that we will see the young team raise up again probably in last EP? Let's see :)

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

a the ep of 10,I thought that Do san will leave them to work with 2sto. then, i kinda feel relieved after a the beginning of ep 11. that Do san do not want to leave his team. i think what Alex said to the twin asking that will they leave their company is a flag to me that Alex is just a business person bu i did not realize it that time. so the end of ep 11 give impact to me since i already feel relieved at the beginning, then the pd-nim decide to give the twist ending.. .

I dunno how realistic is the drama o startup. i mean acquisition of a company is a big deal. the y should consult with their mentor or perhaps another person who have more experience. if they have problem with Ji pyeong, there no rule that they cannot ask other mentors'/investor opinion right? and i kinda dislike that they easily decide 2sto buying their company and show no ambition on what they want in the future. i mean does.t they have their own reason to build that Samsan Tech. maybe i expected to much noble intention, at the end even in the reality, we all did something because of money right?

but honestly, discarding the "drama" that expected to happen in ep 12, if this happen in real life,personally i think it is good that Do San work with 2sto. Gaining experience how a tech company operating, gaiining connection. well he can just saving money from the salary he get, that i bet the amount are high and then after the contract end start a company again. we live in digital era, Do san will always can connect with Dal mi eventhough he far away. what matters is the heart..

that all for my rant.. the twist at ep 11 realy shock me that i decide to write this long post

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wildcherry said:

Just for fun, I came across this quiz, which character are you in Startup 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1436756wpp/quiz-which-start-up-character-are-you

And what do you know, I'm Chulsan *roll-eyes*

Do-San for me. :hwaiting2:

the journey to establish a successful company is treacherous and, like most paths one sets on, you do need good people/mentors. The Samsan Tech men remind me of the motley crew in the fellowship of the ring, particularly the hobbits - food-lovers full of purpose and drive but mostly lost, strong yet timid, though all are fighters.

I think Suzy did well here. Her character in Vagabond had a lot of hair flying scenes which didn’t go down so well with me. I can see her emoting in this one..heh. NamJH surprised me here too - his crying scenes are heart wrenching. Definitely more mature vibes are coming off him compared to Weightlifting Fairy. 

I am enjoying this drama.

• Like 4

Actually Alex role is to recruit top talent for 2STO and saw the potential in Do San, so he traveled all the way to Korea and even met his parents. 

Do San rejected his offer to be recruited but gave him the idea to buy over Samsam tech, Alex asked like an acquisition? Do San replied yes. But Alex repeated again that he is not interested in his other team members but Do San only.

So the contract for acquisition was Do San's idea. Do San should have asked for investment like what Han Ji Pyeong is willing to do so that Samsam tech can still stay as Samsam tech and continue to run on their own.

Acquirihing in startup terms means that they are acquiring the company to recruit employees but not their services which happen to most failed startups. There are some companies in Silicon Valley got acquired but the founders were kicked out as they only want their talented programmers because the products they are selling is not profitable.

Han Ji Pyeong was right that Samsam tech need to have to a business model like what Injae is having, her security API is already sellable and she said she can depend on this sales to sustain the company but is now looking to go global.

For Noongil, Samsam tech have to keep paying for API/patent rights for Yeongsil (voice recognition and speech) for every user that uses it unless Samsam tech create their own or not use Yeongsil at all to increase their profit margin to make it profitable. This will attract investors if the product is profitable.

2STO don't see the product being profitable. But Samsam tech won the Demo day because they met the objective of the startup to improve innovation and yet help people, whether it is profitable anot will depend on how the investors see it. So far only Injae has secured investments from the banks but Samsam tech has no investors.

Samsam tech has genuine ideas to improve lives but still require a lot of experience; Dalmi has great ideas and the 3 programmers are talented, but they need someone to establish the business model to make Samsam tech grow. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

*Stop watching this drama if you always complain about who is the main lead,why the story is not like this,make comment they dropped the drama because blah2 but stupidly they watched again and make negative comment. i find it very toxic. Some attacked the real actors (suzy n nam joo hyuk),sorry to say *especially kim seon ho fans. suzy just posted bts in her ig feed about nam joo hyuk ,nam joo  hyuk commented,ksh fans felt the comment is disrespect him lmaooooooooo. I mean the samsan tech team all comented and laugh. its them as a friends in real life not as a characters in start up.
Well this drama is not your cup of tea ,please stop. Why you hurt yourself like that.

the drama its about youth,friendship,love and of course about learning from mistakes.some make mistakes when youre young.

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lebeaucouple said:

It is a good learning curve and lesson learnt for the young entrepreneur for this EP. In my opinion, who didn't fail before they turn into a successful company one day, look at bill gate and steve job, they failed many many times before they become who they are now. No human ever became interesting by not failing. The more we fail and recover and improve, the better we are as a person and the same go to the company as teamwork.

They have to learn the hard way, to differentiate the acquisition and partnership the actual meaning in the contract law. 

Although it seems sad in the EP, I quite like the idea to make the young team fall and later they will raise again. I had personally met some accountants and the young start up team that they had shared the same bad experience before they became a successful business men/women. For me, it is indeed a good turning point for them to learn the hard way and to appreciate the lesson learnt.

The emotion and impulsive are the killing part for this young team, they forgot being cautious and stay prudent before signing the contract or look up for 2nd opinion. Of course this drama made it purposeful in this manner, but the failure is simply the opportunity to begin again , and this time they will be more intelligently thru this learning curve.

It's quite common to see the conflicts between them in EP 11 or 12 and later reconciliation at the end.  I like this writer to make it this way so that we will see the young team raise up again probably in last EP? Let's see :)

I agree with what you said 100%. This drama is based on real situation. It is quite common for a company to experience failure or being cheated because they are inexperienced. Dosan should go to US to gain as much experience as possible and hopefully when he come back he will be more confident and mature. I think this is what NJH and Suzy meant when they said audience will see the character growth in the drama. I think we will see immature and lack of confident Dosan blooming into a confident young entrepreneur who knows how to manage a business. Even now we can already see that he is more confident than he was before.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Samsan tech was poised to suffer because there CEO is green, but green to the point she didn't get a lawyer to thoroughly examine entire contract before signing, I honestly didn't see that coming. This almost never happens in an accelerator. I am not sure what was the point of making them win the Demo if this was going to be the end result. I am going to lay the blame of the entire situation on Dal Mi's shoulder...this contract negotiation was her responsibility in its entirety. Do San's father, that was a low blow to In Jae...I was not even a little bit sympathetic yo him because 1. In Jae isn't his employer, so him trying to harass a third party should be enough to fire him for good and I would definitely not blame his employer  in this case 2. He had no right to throw tantrum where his son works, utterly unprofessional and embarrassing.....Also Yong San can go RickRoll'D himself for all I care....first of all, his brother's death wasn't Ji Pyeong's fault...not from what I saw....second he needed to be professional and not let his personal feelings create an environment where they can't work with the mentor they had chosen ....I am not the least bit feelinh the arc for him...Also, writers in kdramas need to stop casually throwing suicide into dramas as some banal plot device...they are almost always crass in addressing mental health issues and utterly out of their death and can never deliver the message that is essential ...so I have been unhappy with it for some time ....I am not particularly invested in the amped up angst around a love triangle that has over stayed its welcome...but noble idiocy is the route they are heading towards...lets see where that leads.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Afxdy said:

From my point of view, JP seems like the ML for the most part of episode 1, but when I see the scene where the petals fly to DS, I did not sure JP or DS will be the ML. But the ending of episode 2 makes me feel like DS is the ML. There are 2 reason for this. 

1. Usually ML will get the grand entrance "savior like" treatment. DS got this at the Networking Party. A long one too.

2. JP overall situation fit "missed opportunity" narrative. Even though he already arrive at the party, he miss the opportunity to "save" DM first by being indecisive.

At this point (end of EP2), I decided not to root anybody(ship) first and see how the story develop. I'm more interested in the rivalry between DM and IJ anyway at that time.

from EP 3, you can see more development for DS than JP. You can even see the pattern in several episode where JP was favored at the beginning, but ends with DS gets more.

Anyway,  I suggest you find a completed kdrama with sweet ending for you to binge watch right after watching the final episode in case it does not end like you wanted . at least you can minimize the pain by shifting your attention. That's what  I do after the last episode of 'Hotel del luna' .

@Afxdy Thanks for your point of view. Now that you have pointed out, I do agree that the way the drama has unfolded does seem to point to DS as the main male lead. 

I guess the way I started watching it, I naturally allowed myself to assume that JP is the male protagonist and him being the writer behind the letters should have made him the real influencer and force behind DM, right? And the way he has mentored, supported and helped her, and the way he has this heart warming relationship with grandma, just make it so hard for me to know he is not getting the girl in the end...

Yes, I need to find another drama to watch immediately after, so that I can let this one go... any feel-good dramas to recommend?

• Like 6

I think I understand why many people thought JP is the male lead based on the first few episodes and rooting for him with Dalmi. He is already an established entrepreneur.. rich.. handsome.. successful and mature.. not to mention living in an apartment facing the Han river.. driving a dream car and even his watch is more expensive than his car. For me if the drama ends at episode 8 then he is definitely the most perfect male lead although he has his own flaws such as arrogant, insensitive, don't know how to care and don't know how to be honest (last night episode he was sick but he said he was on a trip). But since we have 5 more episode, I believe the writer will focus more on character development of Dosan.. She will show the growth of Dosan from inexperience young lack of confident youth to become a successful person like the current JP. Basically the writer tries to convey her msg which is to be successful in life you need to have dreams and work hard to chase your dream. Failure and challenges are normal in life. Since the story line about Dosan has more up and down it is appropriate to make him as the male lead. As for JP his character already establish as a successful person. He might have various colors as well in his life before become successful but unfortunately his storyline is not in this drama. It is about Dosan. So if you want JP to be the male lead you need to ask the writer to write another drama as a spin off from this drama. Please do not ask the writer to change the male lead since the storyline is already clear. 

• Like 7

Greenhorns like DalMi and DoSan are risks to the company.  No offense meant but this is why they need JiPyeong.  They can't do things on autopilot.  They need coaching and some hand holding from JiPyeong until they get the confidence to run the business and make sound decisions.  JiPyeong is there for a reason whether they like it or not.  If they keep an open mind, JiPyeong will be giving them wings and setting them up for success if they listen to him.

My 2 cents on the company's acquisition - 

-  Any binding agreement must be reviewed by a lawyer.  A smart CEO would ask for a document in Korean.  Read and understand the terms covered within the document.

-  It would help to do a brush up on basic business terminology - partnership vs acquisition, etc.  Understand how this impacts the business and its people.  

-  Business is business.  Critical decisions must be made based on facts, logic and not emotions.  When we have one person driving decisions based on an unfortunate incident with revenge in mind, then you are in trouble.  Of course this is kdrama and we need to create that conflict.

-  3B won (or approx 3m USD) to acquire SamSam is not that much money.  SamSam is obviously being taken advantage of. 

On the positive side, I like DalMi's attitude when she expressed her appreciation for JiPyeong's guidance.  JiPyeong may be harsh and has the 'take it or leave it' attitude but people like DalMi who are more mature and grounded see these feedbacks as an opportunity to grow and be better and are likely to be successful.  It takes some humility and an open mind to take action on these developmental feedbacks.  Sadly there are some people who are not able to take these criticisms.  Perhaps they think too highly of themselves and view criticism as failure.  For some people like DalMi, they instead take these criticisms as a challenge to disprove their critic's perception and exceed expectations.

I'm rooting for DalMi and I wish she focuses on career first before her love life ... hahaha ... although I must admit, I would like someone like JiPyeong for her :-) ...  In the end, I'd like to see a confident, independent and successful DalMi who can live without a man ... haha ... DalMi the woman of the millenium ...  

2 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Samsan tech was poised to suffer because there CEO is green, but green to the point she didn't get a lawyer to thoroughly examine entire contract before signing, I honestly didn't see that coming. This almost never happens in an accelerator. I am not sure what was the point of making them win the Demo if this was going to be the end result. I am going to lay the blame of the entire situation on Dal Mi's shoulder...this contract negotiation was her responsibility in its entirety. Do San's father, that was a low blow to In Jae...I was not even a little bit sympathetic yo him because 1. In Jae isn't his employer, so him trying to harass a third party should be enough to fire him for good and I would definitely not blame his employer  in this case 2. He had no right to throw tantrum where his son works, utterly unprofessional and embarrassing.....Also Yong San can go RickRoll'D himself for all I care....first of all, his brother's death wasn't Ji Pyeong's fault...not from what I saw....second he needed to be professional and not let his personal feelings create an environment where they can't work with the mentor they had chosen ....I am not the least bit feelinh the arc for him...Also, writers in kdramas need to stop casually throwing suicide into dramas as some banal plot device...they are almost always crass in addressing mental health issues and utterly out of their death and can never deliver the message that is essential ...so I have been unhappy with it for some time ....I am not particularly invested in the amped up angst around a love triangle that has over stayed its welcome...but noble idiocy is the route they are heading towards...lets see where that leads.

i share your thoughts 100%.  

3 hours ago, ChunSungIm said:

*Stop watching this drama if you always complain about who is the main lead,why the story is not like this,make comment they dropped the drama because blah2 but stupidly they watched again and make negative comment. i find it very toxic. Some attacked the real actors (suzy n nam joo hyuk),sorry to say *especially kim seon ho fans. suzy just posted bts in her ig feed about nam joo hyuk ,nam joo  hyuk commented,ksh fans felt the comment is disrespect him lmaooooooooo. I mean the samsan tech team all comented and laugh. its them as a friends in real life not as a characters in start up.
Well this drama is not your cup of tea ,please stop. Why you hurt yourself like that.

the drama its about youth,friendship,love and of course about learning from mistakes.some make mistakes when youre young.

to each his own dear ... let people be ... don't tell them what to do ... we are in this forum to express our thoughts and maybe give others who don't really understand business some perspective.   keep an open mind and please don't entertain these fan wars because it is stupid.   it's just a drama so chill.  let's just all enjoy the drama ... 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Kabi said:

Hopefully by the end, DM, DS and grandma will be like family to him!

For a youth drama, maybe we should not be picking at whether or not JP or DS is more matured to be the lead... well it's youth. In your 20s, 30s I doubt many of us reached maturity just like these characters! Once you pick a side, confirmation bias kicks in and does not allow you to see the whole story unfolds! Sail off without a map! or in our viewer case's, watching without a ship :D or if you are on the ship, sometimes jump over to the other side to see their merits lol!

I noticed when they filmed Dosan's mother the last scene, Jipyeong was together with them (Dosan & his mother). Could there be a secret relation between Dosan's mother & Jipyeong? 

I think there's no issue who is the ML or 2nd ML, because both characters are equally important. Of course its important who gets the girl but what the story try to tell is that  one meets his/hers fated other half in many unusual ways. 

In StartUp, it seems like Jipyeong's story was introduced more that Dosan. In fact Dosan was hidden until the very end. However there wasn't much story about Jipyeong himself either. All we know he was an orphan who won 1st place in virtual investment contest, who happened to pass by Grandma's neighbourhood. With what little money given by the orphanage he was trying to find a place to stay when he met a kind old lady who offered him a warm place to stay for free. That's about it. Later she asked him a favour to write a letter to her granddaughter on her behalf because she knew her granddaughter would recognised her handwriting immediately. But to say the letter was from Jipyeong is wrong, because even after 15 years he still retorted to Grandma that thet wrote the letter together. And later in the present day, there's not much we know about him either except after studying in a top university,he worked in US for several years before being transferred back to Korea HQ. That's about it.

On the other there's not much we know about Dosan in the beginning except that he's maths genius who won a maths Olympiad at 13 & have both set of parents.  But as the story moves along, we find out how he ended up having low self esteem, how his relationship with his parents, the family he grew up with, his uncle, auntie & cousin. And eventually his backstory is actually much more than Jipyeong because its as much as Dalmi's. (If you watch Dream High, I think you can sense the familiar vibe)

What I am saying what we know abt Jipyeong is mostly related to Grandma but what we know abt Dosan is his own side of the story. However that doesn't mean Jipyeong character is less important than Dosan. His role is very important,  because without his mischief, Dalmi wouldn't have even heard of Dosan. So he & Grandma played a major role as Dalmi & Dosan's cupid. 

Accusing this person lied more than the other is wrong too because everyone in the drama lied.

1) In the present day Dalmi lied to Injae about doing a business & dating Dosan,which then desperately look for Dosan & begged him to play the role for that one night. 

2) Injae lied that she never regrets following their mother when her relationship with mom is cold, and her stepfather is using her to groom his biological son. She again lied when she stole Dalmi's memory to gain points when joining Sandbox.

3) Dosan didn't lie at first but he to decide to continue the lie originally cooked up by Jipyeong & Grandma because he's fallen in love with Dalmi & wanted to know her more.

4) Jipyeong started the lie as a favour to the kind old lady who made his life as a teenager living on his own more easier & bearable and he never expected the lie would continue even after he stopped writing to Dalmi, 14 years earlier. And when Grandma asked him a favour again, he has no heart to refuse her, thus went out of his way to fulfill her request.

5) Grandma's lie started out of love. She's worried about Dalmi losing her sister whom also her best friend that's why she wanted to make a friend for her. She never expected this 'friend' mean so much to Dalmi. She thought along the years Dalmi will make more friends & meet more boys, and didn’t expect Dalmi to remain loyal to her Dosan. 

So honestly everyone lied for one thing or another, and there's no lies weight more than the other since lies are still lies. 

However after everything is out in the open, we'll see who learn from the lesson & who's not. And so far I think Dosan learn his lesson well.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, philosophie said:

I have seen comment here or on the episodes discussion area, they best described it that JP is DMs soul mate. When reading the letters, DS didn’t understand them like JP did,

I agree. Being a letter writer and a recipient of letters as well as poetry myself, I know what you mean. There is something psychologically advantageous and beneficial to picking up a pen and writing personal messages. It connects the brain and heart to distinctly express what the letter writer feels. And 13 years of writing letters is a long time of intimate and personal connection. Whatever they wrote in those letters made them feel banded. That is something that you can't just discard. Even if JP lied, DM or anyone in place of DM will be wanting to talk to JP and ask for clarification especially when he is such a brilliant and nice guy. For DM as I wrote in an earlier post, DS would seem like the guy outside of the window who looked in. Like you said, when reading the letters, DS did not understand them like JP did. 

14 hours ago, peachfuzz said:

Episode 11 was absurdly frustrating! I felt absolutely terrible for HJP. When Dal Mi called him and he was on the verge of crying the whole conversation, I felt my heart breaking into a thousand pieces.... I understand Yong San’s anger, I do. If I were the recipient of HJP’s scathing words of advice, I’d feel pretty hurt, too. It definitely wouldn’t hurt for HJP to change his tone/delivery, but if you look beyond his ruthless tone, his advice is solid. He knows what he’s doing! He always catches weaknesses and mistakes and does his absolute best to push each CEO/company to success. Again, I do wish for him to be a little more gentle (firm but a little kinder?), but I hope he doesn’t blame himself too much for everything he’s done so far. Like Dal Mi said, Samsan Tech would not have been able to get so far without HJP’s mentorship and expertise

HJP was doing what he is supposed to do and there are people who express their opinions on interviews harsher than he did. Rejection is a part of life from the moment we were born and how we handle rejection says a lot about ourselves. Sometimes it is rejection that propels us to be stronger and move on to better decisions and lives. Yong San blaming HJP for killing his brother is wrong. His brother made the decision to kill himself. No one else did because he can't take rejection and his perception of the results of that rejection. We do not have any control of what others think, say or do only of ourselves. YS brother did not know that but HJP did as he has been self sufficient all his life. Maybe HJP will reconsider how he tells people of his recommendations or admonitions but sometimes one has to say things in straight forward way for them to get it. While HJP was harshly questioning, some people would be taking notes about what he was saying and even would want him to mentor. It is all in the mind.

In Jae is lucky to not have partnered with Alex and Alex knows that she is a seasoned business woman who will read the fine print unlike DS and his team. That is maybe why he did not pick her. And HJP is right who would lay 3 billion for start up company? Sometimes start up would try to go public to raise money and they die there when they are unable to prove that they can make more money for those who are sponsoring them with money. First they have to prove that they can make money in order to get money. So, when someone just comes in and lays 3 bill for unproven product that may not raise money for the investor is death knell for that startup. So what is Alex trying to do is the question. I think he is buying the company and put it under his name. Once the company is bought, he can fire everyone else except DS and use DS talents to make money off his ideas. In other words, Alex will use DS as his cash cow.

10 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Also, writers in kdramas need to stop casually throwing suicide into dramas as some banal plot device...they are almost always crass in addressing mental health issues and utterly out of their death and can never deliver the message that is essential

Agree. Putting suicide as a plot devise to blame a death on someone else is crass and senseless. It does not give any credence to the story. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

On 11/20/2020 at 3:49 PM, wildcherry said:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions & likings. However its a fact that mostly whatever Suzy’s in, it becomes a box office/trending, from DH, A101 to Vegabound to the current StartUp. It becomes no 1 trending in most countries & top 10 in others. And for me that’s enuf to say she’s that good!

Trending is one thing. 

Some of the most hype dramas regardless of whichever regions has popular actors/actresses but acting cmi. T

The drama may be trending, even if the acting cmi, their fans will still support it without blinking their eyes

PHR doesn't know how to develop her 4th lead at all, not just in this drama

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Curiouscat said:

@Afxdy Thanks for your point of view. Now that you have pointed out, I do agree that the way the drama has unfolded does seem to point to DS as the main male lead.

I guess the way I started watching it, I naturally allowed myself to assume that JP is the male protagonist and him being the writer behind the letters should have made him the real influencer and force behind DM, right? And the way he has mentored, supported and helped her, and the way he has this heart warming relationship with grandma, just make it so hard for me to know he is not getting the girl in the end...

Yes, I need to find another drama to watch immediately after, so that I can let this one go... any feel-good dramas to recommend?

@Curiouscat  I Suggest you watch "While you were sleeping" if you did not watch it yet. Same writer. Same female lead. ML is clear here, and the ending is very sweet and long. This is my all time No 2.

if you like start up and tech related stuff, "Lucky Romance" is good too. "Im not a robot" have the same tech vibe and really sweet.

hope you like it

• Like 1

Partly off the current thread, but can I just gush about EP 11's epilogue?

Spoiler

(not much of a spoiler but to be safe) AAAAHH at first, I did wonder where those smudges came from - why do they have to be on Dalmi's lips?? but given that they were using their hands to wipe off the board the whole night, I thought they naturally just got there, BUT NO the writer's not having any of that. we are not having any of that. Who would have thought that that was what happened????? My heart can't. I can't believe I got more excited on the epilogue than the ep itself hahaha DoDal nation where u at, the ship's definitely sailing!!! All DS and DM moments are always shot under beautiful light whether that be sunsets or early morning daylight aah even moonlit nights. It's so dreamy!

The entire EP was so fast-paced for me but I think a lot of things in this episode happened because there are just too many loose ends to tie together especially that we just have 5 eps left. 

I also made the mistake of watching Ep 12 preview before actually watching Ep 11. And at first I was really sad because DM was walking away from DS saying he's not the one from the letters. But hey, I really think she's doing that so as not to stop him from growing and going. Just as much as DS was there for her, encouraging her - she also wants to do the same. Sometimes we just have to make these decisions -  even if DS does not really want to leave anyone from Samsan Tech behind for the sake of growth. That's just how the world works. 

And though I am expecting that resolutions should be right around the corner, why do I get the feeling after reading posts here that we are in for more twists and turns until we finally get to EP 16? 

• Love 1

On a lighter note, one of the most anticipated OST is now released

Earlier I had expressed my disappointment in the plot and characters development, with ep.10 being the trough point. It is good to see that the momentum has started picking up again in ep.11. It is necessary for DS and DM to make this very expensive mistake. Their learning journey will pay off in the last 5 eps. The journey is all about the growth of the youth who are lacking, inexperienced and in turns, make wrong decisions. Without this growth journey, they will not achieve the success they have always aspired. 

I like that the episode switched the focus back on the actual startup content. The highlight is the team synergy. It is great to work with people who are like minded, understand and trust you, each and everyone can bring out his/her best for the greater goal of the team

• Like 5
  • Love 1

https://www.soompi.com/article/1436756wpp/quiz-which-start-up-character-are-you

I got Dal Mi. Though at times, I can relate to Do San's struggles - I guess I have that fighting, never-say-never, we'll get there spirit in me!! 

Which brings me to this, 

7 hours ago, ChunSungIm said:

It's my first time joining a discussion forum about a drama I'm watching because it's rare that I do follow an on-going drama but Start-Up's just so good to miss out on so here I am.

I'm still navigating through the ship wars and the anticipation of waiting for new eps every week so I do get surprised with all the hate and aggressive shipping. Thus, I agree with this. I mean we can all get too carried away but let's just choose to continue to love and enjoy the drama and appreciate the actors', writer's, staff, and production's efforts to give us such a gripping drama to follow. Let's say yes to talent and efforts, and no to hate :heartxoxo: 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Love 1