Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got to see the the Finale. So glad the momentum picked up again and the ending was great and satisfying, more than I could have ever expected. This is so rare as even some of the best dramas’

Hi all. Dropping by here because it seems quiet peaceful. Tired of those super toxic stans, they're literally everywhere spreading hate to DS (even DM too). Some long time KSH fans (long before SU) ev

Hi guys..   So I have been reading here and there comments about how Nam Do San is violent and selfish ..and I've been asking myself are we seriously watching the same drama ? DS has ne

The scene were Chulsan is about to reenact the raining scene (use my shirt as an umbrella)  in "The Classic" movie (I am a Yejin fan haha) with Saha but ended up doing it with Yong san instead had me in stitches.  It even had the same background music ROFL.  Then we have, Jipyeong and Dosan sleeping together (ha no innuendos intended here, folks) LOL.   I'm glad we had these lighthearted scenes to somewhat cushion the blow of the heartbreaking ones.  I agree with one of the post that Dosan had to pick up the pieces of his shattered self esteem, he needs to be confident on his own.  But that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve Dalmi as much as Jipyeong. Nor Dosan is getting greedier (seriously, not sure why some people would think that?) just because he decides to actively pursue Dalmi and wouldn't back down just because Jipyeong wants her now? Dosan is more an active agent (he never wasted any time nor hesitated in showing Dalmi affection here and there) than JP who is more passive, that never acted on his feelings.  You can (and its valid) actually take matters into your own hands especially if you've got everything to lose.  Sadly Jipyeong is too late to realize that.  Oh well..

Now there is only one thing left for me to say ..and that's .....IT'S GOING DOWN, I AM YELLING TIMBER! lol:machocat:

 

 

 

 

  • Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UPSGirl said:

The scene were Chulsan is about to reenact the raining scene (use my shirt as an umbrella)  in "The Classic" movie (I am a Yejin fan haha) with Saha but ended up doing it with Yong san instead had me in stitches.  It even had the same background music ROFL.  Then we have, Jipyeong and Dosan sleeping together (ha no innuendos intended here, folks) LOL.   I'm glad we had these lighthearted scenes to somewhat cushion the blow of the heartbreaking ones.  I agree with one of the post that Dosan had to pick up the pieces of his shattered self esteem, he needs to be confident on his own.  But that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve Dalmi as much as Jipyeong. Nor Dosan is getting greedier (seriously, not sure why some people would think that?) just because he decides to actively pursue Dalmi and wouldn't back down just because Jipyeong wants her now? Dosan is more an active agent (he never wasted any time nor hesitated in showing Dalmi affection here and there) than JP who is more passive, that never acted on his feelings.  You can (and its valid) actually take matters into your own hands especially if you've got everything to lose.  Sadly Jipyeong is too late to realize that.  Oh well..

Now there is only one thing left for me to say ..and that's .....IT'S GOING DOWN, I AM YELLING TIMBER! lol:machocat:

 

 

 

 

Omg..same here!! I was screaming at that Classic raining scene. I'm also SYJ's fan. The Classic was my first love, so I recognized the song right away (also played in Hospital Playlist)!!

 

Loved loved episode 9. I felt so bad for everyone, but finally DS and JP will have an opportunity to come clean, and hopefully the second part of the drama will focus on their growth and future. 

  • Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m so thankful this Soompi discussion exists! The shipping war/HJP bias is so bad over on the Reddit discussion threads. 

 

I feel really bad for Do San‘s character. Some people are really making Do San out to be some kind of immoral villain.. It’s true he’s far from perfect. I just don’t understand how people almost deny him empathy just because HJP has “always had it harder.” Sometimes I read comments and I truly hope the people behind the comments have more empathy for real people they know! 

 

I almost feel crazy for not being madly in love with Han Ji Pyeong’s character! I feel like some people immediately give HJP’s character the upper hand because of how much he suffered in his youth. I don’t necessarily think his backstory should be the selling point here. Would you choose someone over someone else because they had a hard past and the other person “didn’t”? Granted, HJP does have a lot of great qualities, too, but sometimes I really do feel like people root for him more simply because they feel that he deserves Dal Mi as a reward for suffering for so long.  
 

I hope both NDS and HJP get happy endings. I wish their happiness didn’t depend so much on Dal Mi, though... She’s her own person! 

  • Like 12
  • Awesome 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, peachfuzz said:

I’m so thankful this Soompi discussion exists! The shipping war/HJP bias is so bad over on the Reddit discussion threads. 

 

I feel really bad for Do San‘s character. Some people are really making Do San out to be some kind of immoral villain.. It’s true he’s far from perfect. I just don’t understand how people almost deny him empathy just because HJP has “always had it harder.” Sometimes I read comments and I truly hope the people behind the comments have more empathy for real people they know! 

 

I almost feel crazy for not being madly in love with Han Ji Pyeong’s character! I feel like some people immediately give HJP’s character the upper hand because of how much he suffered in his youth. I don’t necessarily think his backstory should be the selling point here. Would you choose someone over someone else because they had a hard past and the other person “didn’t”? Granted, HJP does have a lot of great qualities, too, but sometimes I really do feel like people root for him more simply because they feel that he deserves Dal Mi as a reward for suffering for so long.  
 

I hope both NDS and HJP get happy endings. I wish their happiness didn’t depend so much on Dal Mi, though... She’s her own person! 

Very well said!! Now that the truth is revealed, I really hope DM will make her own judgement in choosing a partner who's most compatible with her, someone who admires, understands, and respects her. 

 

From Episode 1, JP didn't even remember DM's name, this came up during his conversation with grandma when she sought him out for a favor. DM was insignificant in his life..this whole infatuation was only one-side from DS, JP was unaware of her existence, let alone feelings and didn't even bother to return to look for her and grandma. I really hope people would put this ship war to rest already. Such a disrespect to the whole production!

 

  • Like 7
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Amat Oji said:

won in jae needs more screentime and backstory. people already misunderstanding about him. the main lead not just 3 of them. writer just so lazy to develop her character and wasting kang hanna's acting skill. i am richardsimmons really don't care about ship war stuff.

HI, first time posting in this drama although I have followed the drama and the posts. I do agree that Injae needs more of a story. I find her story has more drama in it. When she chose to live with her mom during the divorce, she had dreams of a better life. She did not realize then what it would cost her. Both her parents, her mom and her stepfather use her and see her and her talents not as a blessing but as someone who owes them. They act like they (mom and stepfather) are her debtors. After she earned her degrees and what she thought would be a cushy job at the company, it is time for payback. Mom uses her as the means to keep her credit card, and stepfather uses her as the talented employee to advance his projects in his company but does not and will never acknowledge her achievements. Instead the father gives the credit to his biological son and blames Injae for wrong decisions or outcomes even if the son was the one who made the erroneous judgements and choices that cost the company losses in money and reputation. Injae is a "girl" after all and not blood related. So, I see Injae at the losing end despite all the privelege of a university education and work experience because she lost in having a loving family relationship. Injae looks confident and self assured on the outside but is very lonely, defensive and sad inside. I think that in her heart, she truly wishes to have someone love her unconditionally for who she is, the way grandma loves. Right now, she has no emotional support and arms herself with defenses which she has probably been doing since she and mom moved to the stepfather's house. I would love for Injae to realize that a loving relationship is a drive away from grandma's kiosk. I would like to see a reunion with grandma where Injae breaks down all her defenses, prejudices, pride and lets grandma, heal her wounds and welcomes her back to the fold. Both Dal Mi and Injae can work together or establish their own companies and they can compete too. After all competition is the juice of business it can spur the making of better products and efficiency in the work process. I would not mind if Jip Yeong and Injae will start noticing each other and develop a friendship that could lead to partnership in business and life. They have a lot in common. They are both defensive about their personal lives and loners, both talented business executives, Injae is thorny and emotionally defensive, but Jip Yeong's defenses are easier to melt. He learned a lot about love and family from grandma. Behind the cold exterior I see Injae as a passionate woman who can give the best of herself if given the chance and support and JP is the perfect person to do just that. At the same time Jip Yeong will be able to realize that writing those letters long ago were an act of compassion for another in need, and move on with the help of In Jae. 

  • Like 9
  • Awesome 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, peachfuzz said:

...but sometimes I really do feel like people root for him more simply because they feel that he deserves Dal Mi as a reward for suffering for so long.  

Same here! It’s like she’s a trophy and the best man should get her. I know it’s a drama but I fear for these people thinking like this. :D

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NerdyAjumma said:

Omg..same here!! I was screaming at that Classic raining scene. I'm also SYJ's fan. The Classic was my first love, so I recognized the song right away (also played in Hospital Playlist)!

Loved loved episode 9. I felt so bad for everyone, but finally DS and JP will have an opportunity to come clean, and hopefully the second part of the drama will focus on their growth and future. 

OMG, fellow Nerdy Ajumma and SYJ fan, I love you already. lol I love hospital playlist too and like this drama it has it own share of loud and passionate fandom on a different spectrum (actually I stopped lurking at that area of the forum because their ideas, well, I cringe and wince a lot it made my face so distorted that for my sanity sake, I had to find my way out lol).  

Anyway, couldn't agree more! It's such a huge disrespect to the writers and the production who, day in and day out had tirelessly poured out hardwork, intellect, sweat and blood to be able to deliver a story so that we as viewers can just relax and enjoy it.  They also pretty much made it clear right the very start who will play a significant role in the story and no, it's not Jipyeong, at least not him alone.  They made Jipyeong second lead for a reason, if you want to challenge that I guess you should write and produce your own drama imho.  If you think Dosan isn't lead material, well guess what, Jipyeong isn't either.  And we can go on arguing all day but at the end of it, it's the writers' intellectual property and right, not ours.

 

1 hour ago, zenya22 said:

I would not mind if Jip Yeong and Injae will start noticing each other and develop a friendship that could lead to partnership in business and life. They have a lot in common. They are both defensive about their personal lives and loners, both talented business executives, Injae is thorny and emotionally defensive, but Jip Yeong's defenses are easier to melt. He learned a lot about love and family from grandma. Behind the cold exterior I see Injae as a passionate woman who can give the best of herself if given the chance and support and JP is the perfect person to do just that. At the same time Jip Yeong will be able to realize that writing those letters long ago were an act of compassion for another in need, and move on with the help of In Jae. 

Not a bad idea, actually.  I would love to see that.  I would like them to get together not necessarily romantic but having a great dynamic, since they are both business savvy and then maybe as friends and kindled spirits in the end because that's what they both lack at the moment- having friends and family that got your back no matter what.

 

3 hours ago, peachfuzz said:

I’m so thankful this Soompi discussion exists! The shipping war/HJP bias is so bad over on the Reddit discussion threads. 

 

I feel really bad for Do San‘s character. Some people are really making Do San out to be some kind of immoral villain.. It’s true he’s far from perfect. I just don’t understand how people almost deny him empathy just because HJP has “always had it harder.” Sometimes I read comments and I truly hope the people behind the comments have more empathy for real people they know! 

 

I almost feel crazy for not being madly in love with Han Ji Pyeong’s character! I feel like some people immediately give HJP’s character the upper hand because of how much he suffered in his youth. I don’t necessarily think his backstory should be the selling point here. Would you choose someone over someone else because they had a hard past and the other person “didn’t”? Granted, HJP does have a lot of great qualities, too, but sometimes I really do feel like people root for him more simply because they feel that he deserves Dal Mi as a reward for suffering for so long.  
 

I hope both NDS and HJP get happy endings. I wish their happiness didn’t depend so much on Dal Mi, though... She’s her own person! 

I know what you mean, my curious butt stumbled upon that messy thread a few days episode 6 came out and let me just say I cringed (the same way I cringed at the HP fanwanked discussions over a flower...I leave it at that) I feel like I am in an alternate universe omg, I am so out of place that I had to leave and vowed never to come back. It's like whatever you are selling, it's not for me so goodbye, because the more I look into their ideas the more I see bias and I hate that it makes me hate Jipyeong instead of sympathizing with him. 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Izaid08 said:

Same here! It’s like she’s a trophy and the best man should get her. I know it’s a drama but I fear for these people thinking like this. :D

Right?! She’s not a trophy! She’s not an object for both men to argue possession rights over. She has feelings, people. 

 

2 hours ago, NerdyAjumma said:

DM was insignificant in his life..this whole infatuation was only one-side from DS, JP was unaware of her existence, let alone feelings and didn't even bother to return to look for her and grandma. I really hope people would put this ship war to rest already. Such a disrespect to the whole production!

 

I don’t know how people are able to so easily overlook JP’s flaws while magnifying DS’s shortcomings. I know that JP is a solid character and that Kim Seon Ho is a very attractive actor/man, but... It practically impresses me how people are willing to turn a blind eye to JP’s flaws. Actually, some people don’t see his flaws at all or excuse them entirely because he had a difficult childhood/adolescence. 

I dislike how JP developed a deep affection for DM after someone else showed interest in her/signaled to him what a catch she was. Yes, he was the person behind the sweetest letters, but in the present, he chose to let his initial opportunity with DM pass, no?! 

 

19 minutes ago, UPSGirl said:

I know what you mean, my curious butt stumbled upon that messy thread a few days episode 6 came out and let me just say I cringed (the same way I cringed at the HP fanwanked discussions over a flower...I leave it at that) I feel like I am in an alternate universe omg, I am so out of place that I have to leave and vowed never to come back. It's  like whatever you are selling, it's not for me so goodbye, because the more I look into their ideas the more I see bias and I hate that it makes me hate Jipyeong instead of sympathizing with him. 

I’m guilty of this too! I feel terrible about it. I know that at the end of the day, Ji Pyeong is a good guy. When I’m watching the show, I notice and gush over his good qualities (and his dimples of course) too! Then as soon as I check out the Reddit threads, the extreme bias towards Ji Pyeong and bias against Do San makes me like Ji Pyeong less and Do San more, even when Do San is in the wrong. Conflicts me like no other. I’m probably not going to read the Reddit discussions anymore! I feel like it’s Han Ji Pyeong’s fanclub over there haha! Don’t get me wrong because I do see the allure of his character, but their love and bias towards him puts me off. I can’t help myself. :( 

  • Like 7
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know y'all DS fans would like to glorify his good qualities and ignore JP's because bias can be an amazing blinder, but fact is the both have good qualities and bad ones, plenty of flaws on both sides, but I'd much rather see DM with JP simple for the fact that I like them together (it's my preference so don't come at me for that!). But we all know how these stories go, the writers already chose their man and the story will be led to that end (which is DS), now all that's left is to convince us through the episodes why DS is best for DM. This is why I hate triangles, especially those that are well done like this show, because someone always ends up with the short stick. I truly regret picking this up. I was only interested because I'm an amateur entrepreneur and I wanted to enjoy a story about the trials of the journey to success. And all lm getting here is heart ache smdh. I'll stick around because I'd like to see Samsan Tech succeed and hopefully that would be enough to soothe my heart but I doubt it. anyways that's my two cents for the night. Peace

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, peachfuzz said:

I’m so thankful this Soompi discussion exists!

Agree!! I left the subreddit because of the ongoing "war". Soompi forums have always been more friendly and with a sense of community :allgoodlol:. In general people come here to share the love for the drama and their favorites, not to fight with others. I've been in reddit because for a while Soompi had a lot of problems with logins, but if that's over, I'm back for good.

 

Regarding the series, at this point I just want to say that I like both guys, although I ship Dal Mi with Do San. But I think both of them are good natured, and they were caught in the lies and weren't able to do the right thing before. As for Dal Mi, I can't imagine how she would feel, because she likes a lot Do San and he's gaining her heart with all the things he's doing for her. But on the other side, I get the romantic appeal of having a misterious 1st love with whom you exchanged letters for years...and suddenly you meet again that boy that is now a handsome competent man that apparently is interested in you, that would make my heart flutter too.

 

Anyway, my prediction about how this will go: Dal Mi and Do San will split up, but keep being colleagues at work. Dal Mi will get closer to Ji Pyeong and maybe date, to see if the old flame is still there in the present. By the end, either Do San will start dating someone else, or he will be offered to go to San Francisco, and there we will see if Dal Mi really likes him or not. Maybe they will end up together and take off to USA, or maybe Do San will go alone. Another possibility I see is that Do San leaves alone and comes back years after that and meets Dal Mi again...but I don't like this idea too much because it means that Do San really needs to become a rich successful man to be loved, and I like more the idea that Dal Mi chooses him although he's still a "work in progress".

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Count me in as another person who can't stand the Reddit discussion threads for this drama, so here I am LOL.  First time I am commenting in an series thread here in Soompi since TKEM.  I'm surprised this thread doesn't seem to be that active? Also surprised at the ratings, but what can we do. I really like the show and I hope it doesn't become a disappointment in the second half. 

 

I have to say though that between the two guys, I prefer Han Ji Pyeong.  Part of it because the actor playing him is doing such and excellent job (the only times I've shed a tear in this series is in scenes involving him), plus the character is much better written (even better than the female lead).  The way this show is structured is so odd, the show focused on him so much in the last eight episodes that if you didn't know who these actors were, you would think he is actually the lead male character!


I'm not sure the writers expected the reaction to his character will be this overwhelmingly positive.  It's a tough job to make those who like the character suddenly appreciate Dosan in the second half.  Which is too bad, because taken by himself, the Dosan character is someone I would normally root for in any other drama. It's just that he is upstaged her (both the character and the actor).

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I been holding off watching of the drama since episode 4

 

tbh, planned to watch for kang hanna but decided to continue to watch when this drama ended. WIJ story is too lacking.

 

Number of main leads seem to be 3 rather than 4. Even granny has more screentimes

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The writing is great as of now and if it continues to carry this momentum this drama will undoubtedly be among the very best of 2020. I really cannot comprehend the hate for DS. It is actually the opposite of what haters would say, because DS is too kind, too sincere that he is caught up in his ethical battle. Back at the Maths Olympiad, he HAPPENED to see the answer which was within his view, not that he was trying to peep at other desks around him. And let’s not forget he answered all but that one question, which indicated that even without scoring this final question, at worst he would end up being tied with someone else. Back to the present, (and once again shout out to the writer for the brilliant analogy), similarly he seized the opportunity as it came his way. Isn’t this what would have happened in real life as well?! People who condemn his actions must be living in a fictional world... I second @aisling ‘s remarks all along- this drama is about growth hence the characters must be responsible for their choices and missed timing/ opportunities


episode 9 is really good and the highlight for me is when DS cried in front of an imaginary DM. Fellows Joo Hyuk supporters! Hope you guys are here too. @FireflyHe makes us so proud with his continuous  effort and determination- his acting keeps improving and he is really completing the DS character 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

My prediction is that DS and DM will split up and SamSan Tech will go to San Francisco with Alex while DL stays behind (to take care of her grandma). They’re going to present it as once if a lifetime chance for any start-up. They would’ve mention something about Alex’s company’s residency program if it wasn’t relevant.

 

I think DS needs to grow confident and love himself first before he’s ready to really commit to a mature relationship. He needs to learn to balance his genius with his soft heart. 

  • Like 5
  • Insightful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] Startup (Sandbox), 스타트업

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...