[Drama 2020] Startup (Sandbox), 스타트업

wildcherry

17 minutes ago, aisling said:

My prediction is that DS and DM will split up and SamSan Tech will go to San Francisco with Alex while DL stays behind (to take care of her grandma). They’re going to present it as once if a lifetime chance for any start-up. They would’ve mention something about Alex’s company’s residency program if it wasn’t relevant.

I think DS needs to grow confident and love himself first before he’s ready to really commit to a mature relationship. He needs to learn to balance his genius with his soft heart. 

I agree with your second paragraph completely.  He has to believe in himself first before he can enter into a meaningful relationship.  Right now, he is so insecure.  Being always insecure in a relationship is never healthy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ryanallright said:

I been holding off watching of the drama since episode 4

tbh, planned to watch for kang hanna but decided to continue to watch when this drama ended. WIJ story is too lacking.

Number of main leads seem to be 3 rather than 4. Even granny has more screentimes

Same with you. I am now on eps 8, this drama more feel like familiar wife. KHN just filled in both dramas.

• Like 1

Just watched episode ten. I don’t understand why DM is not more curious about the guy who actually wrote the letters. I know DS is end game, but I would have thought she would have been more confused about the boy behind the letters whom she called her first love. I understand she may still be processing the situation  but I hope she shows even just a little curiosity about HJP and his letters in the next episodes. I don’t mean to offend all the DS shippers so please don’t attack this post. I really thought after finding out the truth that she would try to get to know both of the guys to make a decision. But it seems crystal clear that it’s only going to be about DS. 

• Like 6

My view is that because to her, the letters now probably didn’t feel real to her after she knew it to be an idea from her grandma. Whereas now she has already developed real feelings for DS but she was hurt and confused whether his actions and feelings for her was real or not. Hence the priority for her now is to sort out her relationship with DS first. 

I liked JP but why did he have to be so harsh with DS. Showing a little bias here, no offence to JP fans. :D

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, wze2702 said:

My view is that because to her, the letters now probably didn’t feel real to her after she knew it to be an idea from her grandma. Whereas now she has already developed real feelings for DS but she was hurt and confused whether his actions and feelings for her was real or not. Hence the priority for her now is to sort out her relationship with DS first. 

That makes sense. As a viewer, I just got excited to think that the reveal would result in some sort of confusion as to which guy she would choose. But your point makes sense :)

• Insightful 4

Episode 9

- Finally!! The lie is revealed!!! Oh god the tension :fear: 

-I don't like angst when he doesn't make sense in a story, but when it does and it's done in just the right way, I have to say, I really enjoy it. This episode was just the right amount of angst. I felt so bad for Halmoni, for DM and most of all for JP & DS.

:cutekitty:

-For JP: My heart broke into tiny pieces for him because I wished he'd understood his own feelings sooner. It would have been so hard for him to admit liking someone (a vulnerability or weakness in his eyes), only to be told, "No, you can't tell your feelings now - bottle them up and hide them away again." :bawling: It was a real burn. I feel like those who hate JP would say that he was selfish once again to Halmoni in the hurtful things he said, but I think she would understand him. As an orphan, he literally had no one to rely on but himself and it wasn't till he met Halmoni that he started to understand what it was like to have a family :heart: However, in that moment, when he admitted his feelings to her, aside from feeling really frustrated at himself and DS and the whole situation, he really needed someone to say it was ok to feel this way. But Halmoni needed him to hide those feelings once again to protect DM's happiness, which was DS. However, it felt like a betrayal to JP (which mirrors the misunderstanding with the money in Episode 1) because it sounded like she had chosen the new DS, over him, the JP she had known, as family. He felt like it was now DM, DS and her. And so he lashed out, as he always has when he's needed to protect himself. The irony is that he's someone who has his walls up so high to protect himself from getting hurt, but doesn't realise that it's the walls that are hurting him - if he wasn't so guarded all the time, he could have admitted he liked DM sooner. :bawling: The higher the walls, the more hurt comes crashing in if there's a crack in the walls!

:criesariver:

-For DS: I also felt deeply hurt for DS. All this time he was carrying the burden of that one moment throughout his life and it actually wrecked his confidence :dissapointed_relieved: This is why you should never cheat! But to be honest, I felt like a lot of people, let alone a child, would choose to do that if the answer floated towards them :no_mouth:  I felt like he suffered a lot of pressure from his family - because his father was such a inflexible person, and he was such a timid and gentle personality, he always felt the pressure to do well to please his father. But again, the great irony is that DS ended up disappointing his father exactly because he was always afraid to disappoint his father. And even though he was always talented, his father's pressures are what stunted, rather than motivated, DS's growth as a person. What was worse was the pride that DS's father felt at his one achievement, which to DS felt like his greatest failure in life. :cold_sweat:  What an awful situation to be in.

:criesariver:

-But I like how DS and JP are opposites and it proves that you can be unhappy in either situation - everyone thinks the grass is greener elsewhere. I love the way that the story is well rounded and no character is without fault in all of their messy relationships: Everyone has lied out of love, which is the worst reason to life because it hurts more when you're meant to be close to the person.

-I'm going to say that this lie has made me more uncomfortable than other lies in other dramas because it was so drawn out and so central in the love triangle :dissapointed: But also because if you think about it...it was kind of a weird version of catfishing. Not saying it was DS's fault at all since JP begged him and made him do it and even helped him to do it. But once it was evident that DS didn't need to continue playing that role, he still used the lie to his advantage to stay near DM and he tried harder to hide the truth, rather than tell it. I think this is a thing I don't like about DS's character, his way of wedging himself. But as JP didn't exactly have the courage to admit he was the letter write either, it's not like DS did anything wrong either. :confounded:

-Hahaha that sequence with the drunk DS coming to DM's house was hilarious! :tounge_xd: I loved JP calling DS a heavy feather and saying elephants were lighter and cuter. And even though he carried him, he was also his throw up target too :tounge_wink: Haha, I am also disappointed there was no topless scene, but that would have fed shipping wars, so pink t-shirt for laughs was fine by me. I felt sorry for JP that the dinner he was looking forward to with just DM and Halmoni was interrupted by DS and then DS was asked to stay over. Haha, Rough! I really appreciated the prickly bromance of JP and DS snuggling up together though!!

:loolz:

- I'm glad DM was smart enough to have suspicions about the letter writer. For some reason, I still don't feel that warm towards her character on the whole - maybe because some things don't make sense with the way they've written her :no_mouth:. I still think it just seems so inconsistent that she would never have checked to see who put those letters in the box or tried to track down DS earlier if she liked him so much and she was so smart. I also feel like she was in denial and just wanted to believe in DS even though deep down, she was suspecting things herself - she could have asked DS or JP when she felt something was off, but she didn't. Still, she is the victim of everyone's babying, so it sucks to wake up to this situation. ohhhh the angst :confounded:

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

I agree that Won In Jae should have get more backstory and screen time. 

I remember during the 4 leads interview, Kang hanna mentioned her character is a very lonely character. 

The sisters bond need to be elaborated more. The reasons why WIJ is competitive to her younger sis also shows that she is insecure and in need of something to remind herself she did not make a bad choice back then. Just exactly how Dalmi feel too. Both of them need to grow up and hug each other.  

I do feel like the series slow down a little. It's already episode 10 and we still lingering with the letters and 3 leads. 

Thankfully though we start getting backstory of Yong San soon now. Didn't expect the revenge to be toward Han Jipeong. lol

Do you guys think it has something to do with the company that develop AI speaker YongSil (voice by Yeo Jin Goo). In the beginning I remember HJP was being told about YongSil, even using their prototype in his house, but he keep declining their potential despite being nagged by his staff. I thought that small idea was a bit random, but it may play in other backstory? 

There was a surprise cameo today in start up :D Actress Lee Bo Young - she is also a favorite of the writer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anybody on Chul San - Sa Ha ship? they got major development in ep 10.

I like how this episode is a mix between funny and serious moments. if not, it will be too gloomy. Seeing how Yong San held a grudge against JP, I don't think Plan B will be Samsan tech next step. either they succeed securing an investment or they fail and we have 3 years jump, because DS goes to US .

Either way, I hope this Triangle love resolve soon.

• Like 2

I feel refreshing when DM said that WIJ is beonbeonhae (shameless), i keep saying the same thing since week 1, its super refreshing to hear it from DM.

She’s such a strong character with a lot of charisma and confidence, she can get into sandbox even without that lie.. why did she stole DM’s story as hers? She really don’t need to do that imo.

i think samsan will get investment from alex’a company, and DS will go to US. Im so not ready for this... but DM needs time to sort her thoughts. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

So we got potential of noble idiocy for dosan to go away from Korea to US for 3 years..

Damn i expect this too happen after the event in ep 11. 

Wouldn't call this noble idiocy. Dosan wants to make his own choice not to dependent on Jipeong's investment. 

But yes we all know time jump is inevitable in this setting. 

Everyone need spaces to sort out their thoughts then re-start again :))) 

• Like 3

Well we all know,ji pyeong just wrote the letter based on grandma thinking,well the boy just lonely,even when he asked about what do you want to do on your birthday theres no feeling about romantic feeling in there in the reply letter. But when it comes to dalmi its all about her love and life,its her first love. So based on that we can see jipyeong isnt delevop his feeling back then,even at first eps he didnt know dalmi at all. So thats why dalmi is more get hurt in this situasion.

well i made prediction,seems kinda right. Dosan make his action maybe leave samsan tech to dalmi and go to us.

• Like 3

Lee bo young Cameo! As expected from Park Hye Ryun writernim, it makes me kinda miss I Hear Your Voice~~

anyway..finally the truth’s been unfold. At least all these painful scenes will free our beloved DM, DS, JP, and Grandma from the burden they’re carrying up to now.

look at how JP’s dealing with this issue and his feeling to DM in this episode, i guess we can assure that he won’t get too heartbroken at the end? And i’ll trust PHR writernim that she will give everyone the best ending they deserved.

oh look at me keep talking abt “ending” while i’m not even ready if this drama end.....

• Like 3

I came across this post which describe all that I want to say abt all 3, Dalmi, Dosan & Jipyeong.

Em2kcwaVQAAflOY?format=png&name=900x900Em2kdJIVkAEcrQP?format=png&name=900x900Em2kdovVQAE38fx?format=png&name=900x900Em2keoGVcAEXLrb?format=png&name=900x900

Just because I feel the love between Dalmi & Dosan more, doesn’t mean I like Jipyeong less. Problem is he took a wrong turn after meeting Dalmi again, 15 years later. While he’s trying to figure out & dwelling  on his feeling for Dalmi, Dosan & Dalmi feelings for each other grow stronger & deeper.

And if the endgame is Dosan Dalmi, hopefully Jipyeong finds his true love too in Injae or better still, they bring in a famous actress as cameo for his love interest, just like in Reply 97 & Itaewon Class

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, wildcherry said:

I came across this post which describe all that I want to say abt all 3, Dalmi, Dosan & Jipyeong.

Just because I feel the love between Dalmi & Dosan more, doesn’t mean I like Jipyeong less. Problem is he took a wrong turn after meeting Dalmi again, 15 years later. While he’s trying to figure out & dwelling  on his feeling for Dalmi, Dosan & Dalmi feelings for each other grow stronger & deeper.

And if the endgame is Dosan Dalmi, hopefully Jipyeong finds his true love too in Injae or better still, they bring in a famous actress as cameo for his love interest, just like in Reply 97 & Itaewon Class

I felt like the writer is making us to less swooning for Han Ji Pyeong with the story is teasing that he is the villain in the past. Like I have mentioned in previous post, revenge story is for HJP. 

HJP is in his mid30s. He had more experience and logic. He knew things more than us about start up and investments. Whether he is the villain or not, in YungSan story, i dont like how the writer turns the story now with his character.

Many hints were told in the series like certain start-up starts spend up money for fun /wasting resources and then, failed to make due for Demo Day or invest procurement. I believe that Yung San brother might be one of those people. Who failed because their own mistakes like partying with money. Felt burdened and dont want to confront it. You know what I meant. Then he killed himself.

Maybe in the past, HJP is like Dalmi, hopeful and kind mentor.  HJP tried to help several start-up before.. but then he realized his lack of sternness make companies failed. He starts to believe hope/determination isnt the answer but logic/reality/fact-check is the one strengthen your determination.

True, It felt like HJP doesn't grow out from tsundere character. 

plus,  We didnt even hear truth from HJP more and his honest thoughts about the letters.

Its good for Dosan to be truthful. 

Yeah time skip is inevitable here. I think 2OSTO will invest in SamSan Tech. And Dosan will lie again by not telling Dalmi and the team. He doesnt want to depend on HJP. By obtaining help from 20STO, he is going to US for 3 years. 

He thinks HJP still doesnt have the faith in his team so he made a deal with Alex. I blamed HJP as well.. why make such answer to ease people heart

My personal opinion is 

SamSan Tech won the DemoDay and procure investments and supports from users  

Ep 12, DalMi learn the news about Do San is going to US for 3 years. 

They are separated.

Ep 12, HJP also learns the truth about GrandMa sickness. And then we learn about him crying for 13 hours for this scene. 

Ep 13 timeskip. Do San come back and ep 14, the team gathered together to launch new app/somewhat. 

Idk.. maybe timeskip is around end of ep 13?

I visioned

HJP is still stuck with Grandma, taking care of her with Dalmi.. but starts to let go of his love for Dalmi. 

Maybe Jung Sa Ha will be his new love interest. Hahaha

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2

Sigh. Is this really where the writer is going with Do San character???

His dream isn’t a success but a person??? I was rooting for him from the start but this episode really pissed me off. Grow some backbone for Christ’s sake! I’m so angry with his character development.

He’s going to accept Alex’s offer just because he doesn’t want to lose to JP, not because he thinks it’s a rare chance for his company to grow. This is so frustrating it hurts. I thought he was going to be strong with each episode but no, the writer just made him seem like a weakling this episode.

Is this really what Nam Joo Hyuk agreed to play?!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1