[Drama 2020] Startup (Sandbox), 스타트업

wildcherry

More stills from today’s episode. Why isn’t In Jae present if the software of her company is being hacked? My guess is that Dal Mi and Sa Ha founded their own company at this point. And Ji Pyeong probably got promoted? His office looks different.

842635-A9-8-DA1-495-B-BD8-D-085-BF3-DE15

972-F66-FA-5812-4-A1-E-93-A4-682-F9559-A

• Like 3

2 hours ago, aisling said:

BTW does anybody think Mercedes Benz product placement is over the top? Seriously I haven’t seen any other car brands in a drama. Even cars that were parked in the background of a garage were all MB. Also if the first half of the drama was supposed to be set in 2016, how was Do San able to rent Mercedes Benz EGC (all electric vehicle) that wasn’t released until late 2019. 

When it comes to product placement, timeline (sometimes storyline)  is irrelevant. As long as its on TV.  Better yet, if somebody moans about it on the internet, that moan itself becomes an additional ads for them.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, wze2702 said:

It’s clear as day that Dalmi’s heart never left Dosan. From the beginning, the one she loves is him. Hope they don’t drag out the angst for too long. 

Agree. The real person that she loves. We can consider her first love with "the letter" as a fantasy love. Who get the reference for the "tarzan".. i do.

As Nam joo hyuk fans. He get so much better. There is difference with Nam Do san during Samsan Tech and current Do san. Now he kinda have more confidence and less akward. Good job Nam joo Hyuk. I root you as an actor..

Do you know what is favour that Do San and Jipyeong ask to Alex? I may miss it cuz sometime i skip a few scene.

My last ship war if you call that is during reply 1988 and i lost. So i kinda understand each shipper feeling. At the end it just a drama so just watch it happily.

In this drama i kinda see or relate myself in Nam Do San character. As a person who has low self esteem. So i root for his succes. With or without Dal Mi, Im rooting for his character growth..

Thats my rant for today. Can't wait to watch tomorrow wp

• Like 8
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, ainipang said:

Do you know what is favour that Do San and Jipyeong ask to Alex? I may miss it cuz sometime i skip a few scene

They ask alex not to cut Young Sil development. 2STO keep developing it until another company buys it from them.

I guess with some time apart, love can grow even stronger. It happen to both DM and Sa Ha. DM name the car "Tarzan" and fend off guys with "big hand". Sa Ha cant keep dating for more than 3 months, and follow Chul San vlog.

I'm speculating that Sa Ha is actually on her way there because she miss Chul San. Chul San said in his live stream that they gonna eat there. So it might not be a coincidence after all.Because Chul San meets Sa Ha, DM finally able to meet DS, after JP "block" him earlier in the day.

Seeing DM teared up when hearing DS voice is such a touching moment. It might feel like the wait is over for her, and she got to see him again, even for a while.

It seems like JP is going to "block" DS again, seeing him pushing DS back into the elevator. Seems like an immature move from a mature guy. maybe the "mature" character switched this time around?

Edited by Afxdy
  • Like 12

I think DalMi named her self driving car in reference to how DS explained machine learning using Tarzan and Jane romance as an example and perhaps it's her tribute to DoSan.  

Thinking out loud here with the 9:11 question LMAO. Just echoing ChulSan.  What are the chances ...

... that after 3 years ChulSan bumps into SaHa who happens to be on her way home after drinking with some friends ... at 9:11?

... that IJ company gets attacked by a Ransomware virus and can't get emergency help in the entire city of Seoul to resolve the issue at 9:11?

... that DalMi calls SaHa at 9:11 who happens to be with ChulSan and who happens to have had the same Ransomware virus 6 years ago that DoSan fixed ...

all i I can say is that aside from the world is round it is also a small world in Start-up (or other kdramas) LMAO 

what are the chances?  The chances of being hit by a lightning or winning the lottery would probably be greater ... maybe it's destiny LOL

Enjoying the drama despite of these kdrama tropes ... JP and DS are eye candy ... we know DM will end up with DS but as a consolation prize please give JP a happy ending ... perhaps someone who is like him ... IJ?  Would be nice so there would be two less lonely people in the world ... LMAO

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

i hope do san and dal mi end up together, i am scared because do san in ep 14 said i dont miss you anymore, and i am tired of this non existent love triangle that writers forcing just because people are biased to hjp, if she ends up with hjp in last 3 ep after she loving do san all the time just to please some part of the audience that would be terrible

and if they keep draging that love triangle RickRoll'D till ep 16

dal mi and do san are endgame to me

i would like to see more injae, it looks that she likes hjp

hjp needs happy ending but big no him end up with dal mi

• Like 6

Episode 13 was a filler....the ransomware story line was just forced to get Dal Mi and Do San in same room. Developers are contractually obligated. They can't walk out, its clear that that step dad and his son are behind this. The whole show has reduced to this puddle of most pathetically written clichés. Do San and Dal Mi have nothing, literally nothing stopping them from dating each other openly with a fresh start. So, I am not sure why there's so much angst. I was hoping at least an aerial stock image of Golden gate bridge or Alcatraz to sell the plot but instead we got yatching and Napa valley wine. l

Literally, nobody does yatching dressed like that. I am not hoping much plot movement that will make sense going forward. We're getting some more forced angst that I guess nobody asked for.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

Episode 13 was a filler....the ransomware story line was just forced to get Dal Mi and Do San in same room. Developers are contractually obligated. They can't walk out, its clear that that step dad and his son are behind this. The whole show has reduced to this puddle of most pathetically written clichés. Do San and Dal Mi have nothing, literally nothing stopping them from dating each other openly with a fresh start. So, I am not sure why there's so much angst. I was hoping at least an aerial stock image of Golden gate bridge or Alcatraz to sell the plot but instead we got yatching and Napa valley wine. l

Literally, nobody does yatching dressed like that. I am not hoping much plot movement that will make sense going forward. We're getting some more forced angst that I guess nobody asked for.

I had the same thought ... I was wondering why DS and DM should break-up when 1) the 2STO deal is a 3 year contract (it's not as if SamSan boys would migrate for good); 2) in this day and age we have the technology that will alleviate challenges of a long distance relationship (we are beyond sending snail mails, phone calls and we actually have access to apps that would allow face to face communication); 3) they could arrange to see each other every six months - DS flying to SK first half of the year while DM flying to SFO second half of the year unless they chose to bury their heads into the sand and focus on their respective careers (still, I've seen couples make this work, it's a matter of striking that balance between career and personal life).   But we still have 3 episodes so in true kdrama style we were treated to noble idiocy LMAO

I also wondered about the yacht scene.  I guess it's a way to show their success and with their personality they would rather be in seclusion enjoying some Napa wine in a yacht instead of partying in SFO.  

13 episodes into the drama, the monkey had to throw tropes like noble idiocy but we should look at the brighter side as we were spared from other common and overused tropes like amnesia, birth secret, chaebol guy with evil step mother and gf, dirt poor FL, truck of doom (should we consider DM father hit by a car under this trope?  Haha, guess not it wasn't a truck but a car hahaha) ...  I'd give credit to the writer for veering away from these makjang ingredients.  Thank God!  What resonated to me is how women are empowered in this drama and how an ordinary person can be successful with talent, hard work, the right attitude and motivation. 

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, cmoirae2 said:

I had the same thought ... I was wondering why DS and DM should break-up when 1) the 2STO deal is a 3 year contract (it's not as if SamSan boys would migrate for good); 2) in this day and age we have the technology that will alleviate challenges of a long distance relationship (we are beyond sending snail mails, phone calls and we actually have access to apps that would allow face to face communication); 3) they could arrange to see each other every six months - DS flying to SK first half of the year while DM flying to SFO second half of the year unless they chose to bury their heads into the sand and focus on their respective careers (still, I've seen couples make this work, it's a matter of striking that balance between career and personal life).   But we still have 3 episodes so in true kdrama style we were treated to noble idiocy LMAO

You totally forgot that Dosan did not want to go to USA in the beginning. I usually don't like noble idiocy but what Dalmi did was part of the events making up his choice. In addition, Dosan decided to go in the end because of what Chulsan's plead that he doesnt want to be loser in honor of his lost brother. There are multiple factors that shape Dosan's decision to leave Korea and not sueing 2STO - he was about to sue to the end of 2STO if Dalmi has not intervene and be harsh with him. 

If it was only because Dalmi break up with Dosan that he decides to go, I would not be convinced. I like that Chulsan's plead Dosan to join him in 2STO and what Dalmi did just a part of a domino effect. 

I enjoyed this episode. 

NJH has improved a lot. I still remember he was very stiff for his role in School with Kim So Huyn, but he was lucky to get paired with many great actress and his acting is definitely different now. 

The 3-years-later NDS is definitely more confident. I like that he is still soft toward Dalmi. That scene where he called and on Dalmi's end there was just pause (and we know she was crying) - he doesn't hesitate to come near her to help knowing she is in distress. I'm hoping for a kiss scene :)))) 

I love to see the Sandbox Samsan tech reunite. 

I really hope to see In Jae spending family time with Dalmi and we get to see some family bonding time development too.

As for JiPeong... I see him as a older brother figure to Dalmi now. Their interaction are more like sibling cute, like a older brother chase away the guy who's hitting on his sister.. lol 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

As NJH fan I’m very proud of his performance. Can’t believe he improved so much since he started his acting career. 

He played a nerdy Nam Do Sam with low esteem really well and now after a time jump I can see subtle changes in his behaviour. He seems to know what he wants from life now. He’s more confident and mature. Please let him be this way, don’t undo his growth with some pitiful outburst writer-nim. Also it doesn’t hurt that Nam Joo Hyuk rocks those tightly hugging clothes so well LOL. He had to tone down his sexiness for earlier episodes but he was extra handsome in this episode. 

I know the writer wanted to make a strong second lead but in my opinion she kind of ruined it all. This is coming from Nam Joo Hyuk fan - I’m not remotely invested in DS/DL relationship as I probably should. But I do love SamSan Tech dynamic and I’m staying to see the whole gang together again. This drama should have focused on a personal growth of each character instead of wasting time on a love triangle where majority of viewers end up being frustrated because their bias won’t get a girl.

• Like 7

I think the writer like to write in full circle. Things seem related to another. 

For eg: do san said he did not understand Dalmi letter. At the end of ep 12..he understand it.

2. Jipyeong wish for family interaction during chuseok. He got it in ep 13

3. Dalmi thought abot self driving car before entering sand box. Now she doing it.

I think the ransom attack that happen to chulsan is not some ramdomly scene to show how do san great in coding. Perhaps the twin is behind this. And they perhaps always hate the trio.

The only plot that i dislike is  yong san plot. That scene of his hatred to jipyeong is kinda random. I mean sure he lost his brother bcuz of demo day. But it is not becuz of jipywong. So yeahh.. but i guess they need that plot since the trio need to go to silicon vally right.

• Like 3

Whoa I was wondering what could be the conflicts since we still had 4 episodes left but I guess they're gonna go with noble idiocy..this time from DS.

I like DS and DM together but I was wondering why JY did not make any move within those 3 years. I understand if he gave DM some time after she found out the truth and their relationship became awkward after his confession, but that was his chance to develop at least a friendship with her. In this episode they still clearly have that sunbaenim-hoobae relationship. He missed his chance once again. 

I love confident DS. I think in the next ep DS will change his mind after his conversation with JY and decide to move on from DM, and probably go back to the US. But this time DM will try to approach him and ask him to stay. I can't wait for the Tarzan story reference once again and all the flashbacks during those 3 years (DS's hiking in the preview might be a flashback in the US?). Sorry all these are just my theories. I do hope they won't drag this any longer. I want JY to be happy and move on too.

Regarding work, I do believe the IT twins and IJ's stepdad have something to do with the ransomware attack. And maybe it is IJ who will convince DM to go and start a company again with the old SamSan Tech gang. Maybe it is with SamSan Tech where the Tarzan project will come into fruition.

Loving Chulsan and Saha too. @Afxdy I love your theory about Saha purposely going to the bbq place to bump into Chulsan. She is definitely in love with him too!

• Like 4

I hadn't thought about it before, but I agree with those who suspect Saha of going to the BBQ place on purpose. They announced it on their vlog, so that public knowledge is fair game! :)

I'm a bit annoyed with both DS and JP in this episode, although DS is totally end game. DM sees him as a romance partner and JP as an nice older brother. Unfortunately, both guys like her romantically. But you know...that was THREE YEARS. DS didn't contact her once in three years?? And in THREE YEARS, JP never once made a move? (This is why JP will never get the girl. I know a lot of fans like him, and the writer sorta tricked us by introducing him first. But, he never makes a move when he has ample opportunity. So it feels like he doesn't really value DM that much. I could kick DS, too, but he has more of a reason than JP does for doing nothing. 

• Like 5

DS didn’t contact DM because of what DM said to make him go to SF. He was heartbroken and was going to give up on her. But seeing her Tarzen demo video, he reacted and joined the boys to go back to Korea for holiday. Once he heard about the ransomware he immediately went to help her and even dropped his mom mid-journey. When the boys decided to stay in Korea, he was going back to DM (to retrieve his jacket but stopped by JP). So I wouldn’t say he doesn’t act on his feelings and seize the chance. 

JP on the other hand is like what Young Sil described, he kept hesitating or hold himself back and missed his opportunity, back then and now again. Though even if he confess before DM met DS again, I doubt she accepts him too since her heart is still with DS.  I wish he will accept DS being DM’s true love soon and find his own happiness. He can continue to be part of DM’s family like an older brother, clearly he was enjoying the family warmth during Chuseok preparations.

• Like 11
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, aisling said:

As NJH fan I’m very proud of his performance. Can’t believe he improved so much since he started his acting career. 

He played a nerdy Nam Do Sam with low esteem really well and now after a time jump I can see subtle changes in his behaviour. He seems to know what he wants from life now. He’s more confident and mature. Please let him be this way, don’t undo his growth with some pitiful outburst writer-nim. Also it doesn’t hurt that Nam Joo Hyuk rocks those tightly hugging clothes so well LOL. He had to tone down his sexiness for earlier episodes but he was extra handsome in this episode. 

I know the writer wanted to make a strong second lead but in my opinion she kind of ruined it all. This is coming from Nam Joo Hyuk fan - I’m not remotely invested in DS/DL relationship as I probably should. But I do love SamSan Tech dynamic and I’m staying to see the whole gang together again. This drama should have focused on a personal growth of each character instead of wasting time on a love triangle where majority of viewers end up being frustrated because their bias won’t get a girl.

I agree. I'm so surprised when watching him, He improved SO much, I just cant believe this is the same NJH that I've seen in school 2015 lol. I like that he try a different character here, because Dosan have so many flaws and dynamics, from a boy who have nothing then pretend to be someone, then become succesfull, he played it so well, and we can see the changes of him in each development. 

Yeah honestly the triangle loveline and constant shipping war ANYWHERE totally ruined the romance part for me, and after the time jump, the loveline is still stay the same (????), I can see the writer milking this so much until the end. We are already in eps 13 for god sake. . .don't tell me that they will resolve the loveline in LAST eps, sigh

• Like 8