[Drama 2020] Startup (Sandbox), 스타트업

wildcherry

11 hours ago, cmoirae2 said:

And yes, I understand that this is kdrama and to some extent JP has to be portrayed as a type-A personality mentor.  I personally don't take offense with his actions but at the same time the drama also portrayed the SamSan team to be on the extreme end of aspiring, talented but volatile entrepreneurs who did not do their homework to meet expectations of JP.  

It's interesting that you brought up type A-personality. Then DM will be type B.

Let's put aside the drama, many companies including my ex Corporate Company in my home country are using DISC personality test for recruitment purpose. The personality test need to be done prior to the interview or on that actual day itself sent out by HR dept. I was told by my army friend that even the Military Defence dept also using the similar test for promotion to find out whether the applicant's traits is suitable for leadership.

God is fair, we come from different types of personality and it is important to  have the combination of type A,B,C,D-personality in the sociality or in a company as each type has it own strengths and weaknesses. Eg. We can't have all Type A in the same company, or put all type B in one place, and so on. It has to be mixed, in order to work effectively in a team work. And the keyword, "Balance" comes into play....Likewise, if you understand the Yin-Yang (陰陽) in Chinese Astrology. We can't have too much of "Yin" or "Yang", whether in our health, or in life. Everything must be in moderate or balance. This is the key secret to stay in a happy and healthy live.

If we give example for DS, viewers commented for his impulsive act, so he needs to balance between his talented brain and action, moving forward. Same for JP, he needs to balance his expertise and choice of words. 

BALANCE - it's not like simple term "balance sheet" per say, it took me sometime to understand the essence and the deep profound of this meaning (not just on the surface of this word) everything in our life, in our society, in a country must be balance. Sorry for bringing you to the topic of philosophy. Hope not too boring for you and the rest....:lol::D

• Like 3

21 hours ago, aisling said:

I find this quite baffling as well. But you know... it’s a k-drama after all, so logic doesn’t always applies :glasses:

The most unbelievable thing for me apart from the grandma and Dal Mi forgiving the mother so easily is that CEO Won Doo Jung even married their mother in the first place. You know their mother was a divorced penniless woman with a teenage daughter in tow. How the heck did she manage to meet or even marry someone like CEO Won? He’s not exactly like a Prince Charming who married her for love (since he cheats on her and probably even beats her). He’s the type to date models, so why on Earth did he marry a poor divorced mother? 

Mom married chaebol are really an ilogical strech in the plot. Like how did the two even met? But after finding out that the rise of startup and gig economy was part of hell chosun, how youth milenials fight against chaebol corporate culture, I get that.

Dad's beaten: symbol of toxic SK corporate culture. Dad was a corporate dog. Mom's comment that if a dog runnaway, it'll became stray dog. The irony was when she married chaebol, she and Inje were treat as a chaebol dog.

This whole drama is full of tropes: but all trope are given twist.

Candy girl in love with handsome chaebol and reform his bad personality, the twist: candy divorcee with kids met chaebol divorcee with so-so face and failed to reform his personality.

About grandma. Her social status a low income widow made her not dare to approach chaebol family. She's afraid that Injae will be ashamed to be associated with a corndog stall ahjumma. Everytime Dalmi talk about Injae there's longing in her eyes.

There's unspoken rules about chaebol family. Even Go Hyun Jung cannot met her own sons after divorcing Samsung heir. So like mom, Injae must come to approach Grandma first. 

• Like 2

On 11/25/2020 at 9:53 PM, aisling said:

I find this quite baffling as well. But you know... it’s a k-drama after all, so logic doesn’t always applies :glasses:

The most unbelievable thing for me apart from the grandma and Dal Mi forgiving the mother so easily is that CEO Won Doo Jung even married their mother in the first place. You know their mother was a divorced penniless woman with a teenage daughter in tow. How the heck did she manage to meet or even marry someone like CEO Won? He’s not exactly like a Prince Charming who married her for love (since he cheats on her and probably even beats her). He’s the type to date models, so why on Earth did he marry a poor divorced mother? 

I think Grandma did say she hasn’t really forgive mom yet for leaving her son, but since she’s at the age where she’s seen seen & experience enough, she’s more mellow. She also realised that mom hasn’t lives all that well despite marrying a rich man.

However I truly think the real reason she put up with mom is because of Dalmi. No matter what she is the mother of her grandchildren. And with her age & condition, Dalmi will needs her mother’s support more than ever. So I really believe the real reason she takes back mom os to mend the mother daughter relationship.

As how she met the stepdad, well he is a widower/divorcee with a son too. Although he is rich, not many woman wanted to mothered a stepson. Although Mom is a divorcee with a daughter, she still pretty. Also the daughter she brings along is very smart, so he can trained her & made her do the business in place of his own son. 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 5:18 AM, Nymeria289 said:

Aside from the two guys, lets just focus away....am I the only one who finds the way the whole Seo family dynamic is unraveling to be mind boggling. The mother is back with her mother-in-law and even interacts with Dal Mi but In Jae is MIA as far as form of human interaction is concerned. Does that make sense?

I think PHR just hate the character she wrote

She planned for 4 leads but until now I am not sure how In-Jae became one of the leads when she is just like a secondary characters.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ryanallright said:

I think PHR just hate the character she wrote

She planned for 4 leads but until now I am not sure how In-Jae became one of the leads when she is just like a secondary characters.

I think even Chulsan, Yongsan and Saha get more screen time. Such a waste of Kang Hanna's talent. 

2 hours ago, ryanallright said:

Precisely

A few episodes left, if PHR still cannot justify why In-Jae is one of the 4 leads when she seem more like a secondary character.

I will pour out all of my opinion on twitter soon 

Would agree.  I noticed that early on.  I feel product placements have more screentime LMAO ... twoplace, Lancôme, Columbia, etc.  still haven't seen subway though ... wait for it ... perhaps next episodes.  

I hope we get more of khn with the last 4 episodes.  

The way Do san walk right now are more confident. Cant wai for the new ep today. Do you guys think i should prepare tissue or not for this ep? Wanna watch how stephanie react with chulsan.. since chulsan can considee being succesfull working at sillicon valey

• Like 3

BTW does anybody think Mercedes Benz product placement is over the top? Seriously I haven’t seen any other car brands in a drama. Even cars that were parked in the background of a garage were all MB. Also if the first half of the drama was supposed to be set in 2016, how was Do San able to rent Mercedes Benz EGC (all electric vehicle) that wasn’t released until late 2019.