[Drama 2020] Startup (Sandbox), 스타트업

wildcherry

2 hours ago, yoyo_icecube said:

I never met someone like NDS in real life, someone who give honest-innocent answer, nagging about logics, etc... i want to meet one because i am very curious how would i react if i do found someone like him. Would i be bored and left like all those girls who change their mind to not joining the knitting club, or i will be amuse by him. My Nam Do San, where are you? xD

Ha! It would also depend on whether NDS in real life would look like Nam Joo Hyuk :lol: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

On 10/25/2020 at 8:11 AM, dramamilft said:

I don’t know if this has been discussed. Is Sandbox the idea of Dal Mi’s late father? Seems like CEO Yoon still went through with their fathers dream since he described to her that he would rather fall on sand than concrete and the logo is of a girl on. Swing. 

From what my understanding DM’s dad proposal was apps to be used on mobile phones which we use now on smartphones. However what DM’s dad said casually in the elevator to the investor lady about how he wish there could be a sandbox for new business owner like himself, inspired the lady to come up with Sandbox

• Like 4

11 hours ago, yoyo_icecube said:

I never met someone like NDS in real life, someone who give honest-innocent answer, nagging about logics, etc... i want to meet one because i am very curious how would i react if i do found someone like him. Would i be bored and left like all those girls who change their mind to not joining the knitting club, or i will be amuse by him. My Nam Do San, where are you? xD

Hi dear, i like your question. If you are looking for a guy who is full of logical and analytical (minus away their look), yes, typically, it can be boring. So you must look up for his attitude and personality traits and both of your common goals in the long run if you wish to have a relationship with this type of guy.

I used to work in an MNC company under R&D department, my team colleagues and bosses mostly are men and I often needed to deal with various engineers be it male or female engineers. One thing for sure, almost all good looking male engineers and those with good people skills are mostly taken. Those with good looking and with full of logics, you must have the similar knowledge when first meeting them to start the conversation. (In drama, NDS knew SDM's personality thru reading the letters, so it is different).

So back in real life, if the guy does not know you well, he will probably only attract by your look, or through the way you present your words in your conversation. Improve our knowledge and confident level if you wish to talk to this type of so called "intelligent" guy.

But the key point is : you can’t change anyone (if you find him boring along the way). People change only if they decide want to change. So we need to distinguish between what you want and what you need in a partner. Eg. Caring rather than handsome, humorous rather than wealthy. Also find your values, ambitions, or goals in life together with him if you really like him . 

It is best finding someone who is most suitable for you, rather than you look up for someone that you dream of (your wants) - Wants are negotiable, needs are not. So do consider what’s really important to you in life. Sometimes we often spend too much time to look up for a "dream man" and in order to please him by way of compromising in the relationship, we give up our "own self", so find someone that can make you feel comfortable and be yourself.

If you wish to find one and try out, join those engineering firms.  :D

• Love 2

15 hours ago, 4evrkdrama said:

@AjummaF4 as long as you aren’t biased over any actors acting skills - its just a perfect package so far ! 
Perfect writing !
Worth watching ! 

(And I hope the writer will not disappoint us and let the story unfold rather more interestingly )

@mrsj3n 

@madmad min @Nikaa94 @vangsweetie637 @Sakurafairy @gtLmh0622 @Edgar Pordwed @msdot @CallieP @Ameera Ali @Heretorant

@scrawford@Joanna Alfson@leeminhosny@ms_inquiry@YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ @Deepakmahajan@briseis 

(my king eternal monarch squads keke) plz take a look at this drama and let us know your opinion !

looking forward to you all !

But in case if you don't find it interesting ignore my post !

with love !

I am watching this but I don't post or check soompi

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 4evrkdrama said:

@AjummaF4 as long as you aren’t biased over any actors acting skills - its just a perfect package so far ! 
Perfect writing !
Worth watching ! 

(And I hope the writer will not disappoint us and let the story unfold rather more interestingly )

@mrsj3n 

@madmad min @Nikaa94 @vangsweetie637 @Sakurafairy @gtLmh0622 @Edgar Pordwed @msdot @CallieP @Ameera Ali @Heretorant

@scrawford@Joanna Alfson@leeminhosny@ms_inquiry@YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ @Deepakmahajan@briseis 

(my king eternal monarch squads keke) plz take a look at this drama and let us know your opinion !

looking forward to you all !

But in case if you don't find it interesting ignore my post !

with love !

I’ve been meaning to startup this drama. 

:lol:

See what I did there? 

:loolz:

I’m so lame lol. I’ll be sure to leave my

thoughts once I start it. Or maybe I’ll be parked here every day :D

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, ChunSungIm said:

Nice.. considering both no1 &2(do you like brahms & record of youth) is just ended or on the last 2 episodes.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2

On 10/25/2020 at 7:03 PM, trust said:

Actually i don't feel ji pyeong is a better pick compared to nam sodan..  each have their unique way in acting their roles.. besides if they were to swap roles.. the drama won't be as interesting as this:).. Every one got cranked up on that final scene on ep3.. haha.. so hilarious.. 

And i was having a second lead syndrome on ep1 and 2.. but ep3  really made me think otherwise:joy:..  gosh nam johyuk acting is topnotch..  and  dami× dosan chemistry is awesome..  i would rather ship the two second lead roles together..

Yeah I agree with you. Jipyeong is no better or worse pick from Dosan...because what matters is both really get to know Dalmi in person at the same time. 

In the past Jipyeong probably had seen/meet young Dalmi once or twice but he was never attracted to her, as he sees her only as a kid. Also just like grandma “borrowed” Nam Dosan’s name for her made up pen friend for Dalmi, she also “borrowed” Jipyeong’s handwriting for this fake pen pal she created for her Dalmi. Granted Jipyeong probably wrote a few letters on his own but mostly he wrote it with Grandma. Remember when Grandma blame him for raising Dalmi’s standard in men, Jipyeong scowled at Grandma, reminding her they wrote those letters together. Grandma wisdom put in by Jipyeong words equal the perfect Nam Dosan. However in reality Jipyeong is painfully blunt, tho deep down he is actually kind & soft hearted. Dosan on the other hand isn’t the perfect guy either. He is very smart. Nerdy but surprisingly wise & sensitive. Both have their own charms.

As at this point I don’t see any romantic interest in Jipyeong for Dalmi. When he first heard her name, he thought the name sound familiar &  becomes curious abt her. Following her to Grandma food truck made him realised who she really was. But until this point intentions is still clear. He wanted to pay his debt to Grandma. However after seeing how Injae treated her he wanted to help her himself, more on the protective side. Perhaps he feels he has to protect her in place of Grandma.

However I think the problem will arise when Dalmi finds out that Dosan wasn’t the real writer of the letters but Jipyeong instead. And worst if she didn’t know most content in letters came from Grandma. Dalmi might torn between Dosan & Jipyeong. She probably has to choose between Old Dosan(Jipyeong and she might get more confuse because Jipyeong is also different than old Dosan) & real Dosan... but I think real Dosan is gonna get the girl and I still hope Jipyeong can tame Grandma’s other granddaughter, Injae, who is more arrogant but equally pitiful when their parents divorce. But most of all it will really nice if Jipyeong can be Grandma’s grandson in a truer sence if he marries one of Grandma’s granddaughters.

• Like 4

I have missed Bae Suzy since Vagabond and am very happy she has a new kdrama. I'm currently at episode 2 and looks like there is going to be a love triangle. Just a quick question, who will Seo Da Mi actually end up with? Nam Do San or Han Ji-Pyeong?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Hi dear, i like your question. If you are looking for a guy who is full of logical and analytical (minus away their look), yes, typically, it can be boring. So you must look up for his attitude and personality traits and both of your common goals in the long run if you wish to have a relationship with this type of guy.

I used to work in an MNC company under R&D department, my team colleagues and bosses mostly are men and I often needed to deal with various engineers be it male or female engineers. One thing for sure, almost all good looking male engineers and those with good people skills are mostly taken. Those with good looking and with full of logics, you must have the similar knowledge when first meeting them to start the conversation. (In drama, NDS knew SDM's personality thru reading the letters, so it is different).

So back in real life, if the guy does not know you well, he will probably only attract by your look, or through the way you present your words in your conversation. Improve our knowledge and confident level if you wish to talk to this type of so called "intelligent" guy.

But the key point is : you can’t change anyone (if you find him boring along the way). People change only if they decide want to change. So we need to distinguish between what you want and what you need in a partner. Eg. Caring rather than handsome, humorous rather than wealthy. Also find your values, ambitions, or goals in life together with him if you really like him . 

It is best finding someone who is most suitable for you, rather than you look up for someone that you dream of (your wants) - Wants are negotiable, needs are not. So do consider what’s really important to you in life. Sometimes we often spend too much time to look up for a "dream man" and in order to please him by way of compromising in the relationship, we give up our "own self", so find someone that can make you feel comfortable and be yourself.

If you wish to find one and try out, join those engineering firms.  :D

Thank you for your kind advices. Its sad to know the good looking one are mostly taken.. just kidding xD

Since there no way i can join engineering firms since im working in absolutely different field, i will dreaming of meeting them (read Nam Do San) first. Haha

• LOL 2

My impression of how Ji-Pyeong feels about Dal-Mi is that he did kind of fall in love with her while they were penpals. I don't think he ever even saw her, and the letters at first were just an obligation for him, a favor he did for Grandma out of gratefulness.

But I think that he fell in love with her a little bit because her letters were so sweet and heartfelt, and he also wrote back with some honest feelings of his own. There was one scene where after he read one of her letters and looked up at the sky with a moony look on his face. It was so cute.

I don't think it was really romantic love, just one human touched by another, and nothing more than that. Also, Ji-Pyeong in particular was an orphan with nothing but his brain, struggling to survive, so no time for romance. It really was an innocent kind of love. It was certainly not significant enough for him to ever look for her on his own. But now that she is back in his life, I do think he has a built-in fondness towards her because of those letters they exchanged.

I cannot get over how CUTE Nam Ju-Hyeok is here. I've seen him in "Weightlifting Kim Bok-Ju" (which is good!) and he was also in "Radiant" which is seriously one of my all-time favorite K-dramas. But I just never felt like, "Wow, he is so cute!" before. What has changed? :sparklyeyes:

• Like 2

Hi. I looovee everything about this drama. This drama is beyond my expectations, even though I think I'm having second lead syndrome.... I love HJP sooo much.

But anw, after watch Ep 4, I'm wondering: Is there any possibility that SDM's father is still alive? The CODA man scene at airport catched my curiosity who the hell he is.... I even make wild assumption that he is SDM's father... But, then I think it's impossible....

Just being curious, is there anyone who think like me? Or I'm the one who take it to far...

Edited by kurokurokaze
typo
  • Like 3

On 10/26/2020 at 5:43 PM, heartoppaya said:

I don’t understand why Ji Pyeong and Halmoni wanted to continue with the misunderstanding because didn’t Dal Mi say that she knew grandma had to do something with the letters? Plus if she saw the handwriting she would kinda know. I don’t know about Korean handwriting but in English it’s kinda easy to know who has written what, like the flow and pace of the handwriting, and which hand they’re using to write etc. Sorry, I am good at handwriting so I know these things. Not flexing, just saying. They could’ve nipped it at the bud by introducing Ji Pyeong as the “Do San” she wrote to without trying to find a person to fit the name.

It begins because Grandma was sad seeing her lonely granddaughter but she never expected for DM to take it too seriously. Then probably after DM’s dad died she didn’t have the heart to tell her the truth. At the same time Jipyeong went away to college, so no more letters, she thought DM would get over it, but when she didn’t, I think Grandma was scared to tell DM about it.

As for Jipyeong, he started it with Grandma. Not to mention Grandma’s kindness for taking him in & gave him a head start opportunity to make money to go to college & so on. And Grandma is very adamant not to take anything with monetary value from him, so how could he turn her away when she came all the way looking for him to help her with Dalmi’s matter. Of course not to mention Dalmi grows up to be such beauty. The moment he first heard Dalmi’s name again for the 1st time in 15 year, with that face, he was curious enough to follow her, just to find out who she is. That alone tell us that despite what he said, he likes what he sees.  

On 10/26/2020 at 7:07 PM, AjummaF4 said:

May I know whether this drama is good? And how is the storyline?

Very GOOD. Its trending no 1 on Netflix in many countries & top 3 for the rest.

On 10/26/2020 at 6:09 PM, didi31 said:

People who negatively criticize Suzy's acting, I just don't get it anymore, like really. Her acting is clearly good here.

Don’t bother much about them. They are people with nothing better to do. Its not even surprising some of them are paid by her rivals to bring down her popularity. Enough to say there are many people who’s  jealous of her. If her acting is as bad as they say why did all, at least almost all, her drama & movies were hits? Starting with DH, when she was barely turn 16 yet, followed by Architecture 101 until the very recent Vagabound. What even more interesting abt Architecture 101 was the original main couple were supposed to be the adult version, but somehow during the airing all focus turn to the younger couple, making them as the main lead, giving her the Nation’s First Love title which she still hold until today. And as for Start-Up its trending no 1 on Netflix in many countries & its only 4 episodes. Suzy’s name is top 3 search & trending everywhere & that should tell us something. If her acting is so bad people would just drop the show before the 1st half of the 1st episode. 

So for me Suzy is just great. Even experience actors like Lee Byung Hun & Ha Jung Woo praises Suzy’s acting. And Ha Jung Woo is also a respected movie director, so he knows what he’s talking about.

3 hours ago, kurokurokaze said:

Hi. I looovee everything about this drama. This drama is beyond my expectations, even though I think I'm having second lead syndrome.... I love HJP sooo much.

But anw, after watch Ep 4, I'm wondering: Is there any possibility that SDM's father is still alive? The CODA man scene at airport catched my curiosity who the hell he is.... I even make wild assumption that he is SDM's father... But, then I think it's impossible....

Just being curious, is there anyone who think like me? Or I'm the one who take it to far...

I don’t think Dalmi’s dad is still alive. They made it very clear he died on the bus on his way home. Also in the voiceover Dalmi said that spring she lost someone she loves most without saying goodbye, and for sure the person she loves most is her dad.

Also the CODA guy, is the same age as Jipyeong, and I think instead of Dalmi, if he has personal relation with anyone in the group, most likely he’s related to Jipyeong. Jipyeong grew up in the orphanage & we didn’t anything else about him. He never talk about his parents or if he has any siblings. Who knows maybe this guy could be his brother & was adopted to USA

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

just started watching the 1st episode today. so I find it good, love at the comedic feel of the drama

1 hour ago, wildcherry said:

It begins because Grandma was sad seeing her lonely granddaughter but she never expected for DM to take it too seriously. Then probably after DM’s dad died she didn’t have the heart to tell her the truth. At the same time Jipyeong went away to college, so no more letters, she thought DM would get over it, but when she didn’t, I think Grandma was scared to tell DM about it.

As for Jipyeong, he started it with Grandma. Not to mention Grandma’s kindness for taking him in & gave him a head start opportunity to make money to go to college & so on. And Grandma is very adamant not to take anything with monetary value from him, so how could he turn her away when she came all the way looking for him to help her with Dalmi’s matter. Of course not to mention Dalmi grows up to be such beauty. The moment he first heard Dalmi’s name again for the 1st time in 15 year, with that face, he was curious enough to follow her, just to find out who she is. That alone tell us that despite what he said, he likes what he sees.  

Very GOOD. Its trending no 1 on Netflix in many countries & top 3 for the rest.

Don’t bother much about them. They are people with nothing better to do. Its not even surprising some of them are paid by her rivals to bring down her popularity. Enough to say there are many people who’s  jealous of her. If her acting is as bad as they say why did all, at least almost all, her drama & movies were hits? Starting with DH, when she was barely turn 16 yet, followed by Architecture 101 until the very recent Vagabound. What even more interesting abt Architecture 101 was the original main couple were supposed to be the adult version, but somehow during the airing all focus turn to the younger couple, making them as the main lead, giving her the Nation’s First Love title which she still hold until today. And as for Start-Up its trending no 1 on Netflix in many countries & its only 4 episodes. Suzy’s name is top 3 search & trending everywhere & that should tell us something. If her acting is so bad people would just drop the show before the 1st half of the 1st episode. 

So for me Suzy is just great. Even experience actors like Lee Byung Hun & Ha Jung Woo praises Suzy’s acting. And Ha Jung Woo is also a respected movie director, so he knows what he’s talking about.

I don’t think Dalmi’s dad is still alive. They made it very clear he died on the bus on his way home. Also in the voiceover Dalmi said that spring she lost someone she loves most without saying goodbye, and for sure the person she loves most is her dad.

Also the CODA guy, is the same as Jipyeong, and I think instead of Dalmi, if he has personal relation with the group, I think he’s probably related to Jipyeong. Jipyeong grew up in the orphanage & we didn’t anything else about him. He never talk about his parents or if he has any siblings. Who knows maybe this guy could be his brother & was adopted to USA

thanks @wildcherry I am starting with the 1st episode today.

• Like 3

I like the chemistry between these main leads...

Im glad that DM found out the truth. 

I think she is currently in love only with those letters.

I liked the scene when DS asked her to say what she likes about him.

He just wanted to hear her mention something of his.

I laughed when DM and DS with his squad, met by chance at that bookstore. :lol:

• Like 4