[Short Drama 2020] Miss Lee Knows/She Knows Everything, 미쓰리는 알고 있다

larus

After watching the first episode and not liking it, I thought I’d give it another chance.    I’m sorry to say that there is very little about this drama that makes me like it.  I usually enjoy the work of the lead actress in other dramas, but this character to me has no redeeming qualities.  The lead actor’s role would be salvageable if his coworkers were more competent.   I’m glad it’s only four episodes.  I apologize if I have touched anyone’s nerve.

In what universe a woman like Miss Lee would get away after interfering with police job? In kdramaland. And when she had time to put up a plan and arrived at the place to hit the police car when she left after In Cheol-Ho? She is resourceful and knows a lot of informations but she crossed the line multiple times. 

I like how dedicated is In Cheol Ho to find the culpit and save people`s lives. And I like how we see that he and Soo Jin talked in the past. He couldn`t discover who hit Soo Jin`s mother but I hope he will discover that too. Perhaps Soo Jin`s murder has a connection to that old case.

I'm really enjoying this short drama, and I'm very curious about the character development of Miss Lee.  She seems nice on the surface but it's obvious that there is a lot going on behind the mask.  Actually, most of the characters seem to have a whole lot seething under the surface--interesting.  

The real estate angle is also intriguing because it is so different from where I live.  Those apartments look okay to me but for Korea they are seen as outdated and worth tearing down?

Does anyone know what the quote is from Rene Magritte at the opening of the drama?  I can't read Korean.  I'm sure that it's quoted because it sheds light on the drama, so I'd love to know what it says.  The only thing I know about Magritte is that he was a surrealist painter. 

(I think one of his paintings is in the background here or is it in another drama I'm watching now--so confusing.....anyway it's a guy with a green head and a floating hat.  I've seen art from famous artists in several dramas lately and can't recall which artist is in what drama.)

And I'd also like to say two things for the record:

• attacking a car with an aluminum bat is a bad, bad, bad idea because it's likely to rebound on the person doing the whacking
  • firing a gun into the air is an even worse idea because falling bullets can and do kill unintended targets

Still in the middle of watching episode 2.  :) 

I just started the episode 3 and I am socked already. The detective In Cheol-Ho knew who hit So Jin`s mother but he covered up for his half brother. We find out that So Jin`s neighbor Lee Myeong-Won is Cheol Ho`s brother.  There are no principled people in this show. Everyone is lying and breaking the law. I expected better, at least from the detective, who is a man in the law force.

It was so wrong to cover up. If his brother made a mistake he should have guided his younger brother better. The guilt that comes after that and hiding can be more devastating than going to prison.  Now I understand why he looked so guilty seeing So Jin going to him to see if there are more news. It is not because he could not find evidence, it is because he was the one who covered up everything.

Miss Lee broke the law as well but at least she knows that the detective won`t do a unbiased investigation so she has some mitigating circumstance.

I go back to watch  the episode.

I am back after watching the rest of the drama.

We found out that Tae-Hwa is the real son of Miss Lee.

Soo Jin felt from 7th floor but she did not die right away., A woman he strangled her. The dementia old woman from unit 104  could be the one who stangled her.

Lee Myeong-Won `s wife is a clod blooded woman and she has a motive and she is the type who can push someone over the balcony and not feel remorse. She is a usual suspect but I think the show will surprise us.

Back to In Cheol-Ho. He threw the evidence related to his brother case again. He showed remorse for a moment but he still do it. How can be a cop anymore? He will arrest the next suspect as long it is not his brother? What a hypocrite! I know there are more bad/corrupt cops than him but he is compromised to do this job. If he still has a conscience left, he should admit what he did or he should give up being a cop anymore.

• Guest changed the title to [Short Drama 2020] Miss Lee Knows/She Knows Everything, 미쓰리는 알고 있다
2 hours ago, larus said:

We find out that So Jin`s neighbor Lee Myeong-Won is Cheol Ho`s brother.  There are no principled people in this show. Everyone is lying and breaking the law. I expected better, at least from the detective, who is a man in the law force.

I'm still in the middle of watching the episode.  Really enjoying this drama but very horrified at how there seem to be no "good" people at all.  I was especially disappointed by the detective.

2 hours ago, larus said:

We found out that Tae-Hwa is the real son of Miss Lee.

I can't understand why she is hiding this.  It must have something to do with her real estate plans.  How sad!  Her son obviously doesn't like or respect her, and when he finds out that she is lying it will only get worse.

.....I've got to watch the rest of this and the final episode, too.

At the beginning of episode 3, there was an announcement that this was a winning script so maybe this was written but a beginner.  If so, the writer is really talented.....but devious!  

9 minutes ago, thistle said:

I was especially disappointed by the detective.

The biggest disappointment from all! But it is an interesting character to play. That`s real life. Sometime even the good people makes mistakes they can`t take back and continue to make them.

I’m confused about a couple of issues.  1.  Did the brother of the detective not get arrested since he caused her to fall from the balcony?  I saw that he reported the company’s corruption to the prosecution.  2.  It seemed To me that the child at the end was her child she gave up, not TH.  He did ask if she was going to abandon him again.  When was that revealed?

I finished watching episode 4, who was the end of the drama. I like this format. Short, concise, good writing.

I am satisfied with the ending. I wanted the detective to lose his job and I got that. When he said to Miss Lee`s helpers that they are arrested because destruction of evidence I wanted to slap him. What a joke. I loved how the young cop told him that he should have investigate properly the case even when it was his brother involved. The irony. It was not even his brother the one who caused the accident. If he would have been doing his job like it was supposed to do, many tragedies wouldn`t have happened.

From what I see, the brother was not arrested because he did not killed Soo Jin. Yes, he was with her but he did not pushed her over the balcony. Maybe it was an accident but she intended to commit suicide and we did not see clearly what happened in that balcony. His life is ruined anyway. He reported the construction company`s corruption. Maybe there will be a new chance for him in the future to put his life together and be a decent man.

I suspected from the start the wife of Myeong-Won because she she had a good reason to hate Soo jin. It was a surprise that she was behind the accident. I thought that she pushed Soo Jin not the one who strangled her but she indeed was behind Soo jin`s death.

I don`t undersdtand why Miss Lee did not reported right away who was the culprit if she had the evidence but I guess she did not know for sure if her son was involved in Soo jin`s fall.

6 hours ago, calledtoteach said:

It seemed To me that the child at the end was her child she gave up, not TH.  He did ask if she was going to abandon him again.  When was that revealed?

The child in the end was her son and that child was Tae Hwa. We knew before ep 4 that Miss Lee came in Tae Hwa`s life when he was five years old and raised him like her son. Miss Lee was close to Soo Jin`s family as we saw from the pictures. There were rumors that she had an affair with Soo Jin`s father. It was not true. She was attached with that family and she never lived Tae Hwa`s life because he was her biological son. We also knew that Soo Jin`s father abandoned his wife after the accident and never came back.  In the last episode we found out that Yoon Myeong-Hwa and her husband take Miss Lee`s son. Tae Hwa and Soo jin grew up like siblings. We find out why Miss Lee gave her son to another family and how she came back to him after a few years probably after her grandmother died.

I think Miss Lee told Tae hwa the circumstances of his abandonement (not really an abandon IMO), why she had to let him go, so he knows that she is his mother. She wants to leave the reconstruction project and apartment complex (that`s why he asked if she will abandon again) but she said to call if he needs it. They did not part ways completly.

Archived