[Drama 2021] L.U.C.A.: The Beginning, 루카

larus

12 hours ago, jongski said:

Thanks for the update on this.  Is this pre produced?

I think it is. It has only 12 episodes and I heard about filming for some time. It will be broadcast after drama Awaken.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] L.U.C.A.: The Beginning, 루카 - Kim Rae Won & Lee Da Hee -Monday & Tuesday 21:00 - Premieres on February 1st
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] L.U.C.A.: The Beginning, 루카 - Kim Rae Won & Lee Da Hee - Mon & Tue @ 21:00 KST - Premieres on February 1st

Watch: Kim Rae Won, Lee Da Hee, And Kim Sung Oh Transform Into Action Stars In Teaser For “L.U.C.A”

23469228fbc14ed28fad264eb0d47dbf.jpeg?s=

Jan 2, 2021
by C. Hong

tvN’s upcoming drama “L.U.C.A” has shared its first production teaser!

“L.U.C.A” is about a man named Ji Oh (Kim Rae Won), who is being chased because of his special skills, and a violent crimes detective named Gu Reum (Lee Da Hee), who is the only one who remembers him.

The new production teaser focuses on how Kim Rae Won, Lee Da Hee, and Kim Sung Oh filmed their epic action scenes for the drama. Braced with wires and hidden mattresses and filming against a green screen, the actors run, kick, jump, punch, and explode their way through each scene.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1446540wpp/watch-kim-rae-won-lee-da-hee-and-kim-sung-oh-transform-into-action-stars-in-teaser-for-l-u-c-a

6 hours ago, larus said:

Watch: Kim Rae Won, Lee Da Hee, And Kim Sung Oh Transform Into Action Stars In Teaser For “L.U.C.A”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1446540wpp/watch-kim-rae-won-lee-da-hee-and-kim-sung-oh-transform-into-action-stars-in-teaser-for-l-u-c-a

Yes please! All the action  the running the flying. The kind I like. Definitely looks excitng.

In order for us to find out what is his "special skills" we gotta watch. Maybe super human strenght? based from teaser. We'll see by Feb 1. Thanks larus.

The chase for Kim Rae-won begins in tvN’s new action sci-fi drama

by tccolb

202101041104566710_1_20210104110719750.j

New promos have been released for tvN’s new action sci-fi L.U.C.A.: The Beginning, including a new poster and a behind-the-scenes video teaser.

The drama stars Kim Rae-won (Black Knight) as a man possessing special powers who suddenly finds himself on the run. The complication though, is that he has no memories of his own identity, and has no idea who his chasers are or why he is being chased.

The only person who seems to remember Kim is Lee Da-hee (Search Query: WWW), a police detective in the violent crimes unit. The details are still unknown, but the two decide to team up and fight against the conspiracy that has grown around Kim Rae-won’s character.

The main opposition comes from fellow police detective Kim Sung-oh (Graceful Friends), who is the head of the violent crimes team. Like an animal on the hunt, his determination to catch Kim Rae-won is a force to be reckoned with.

Also desperate to find Kim Rae-won is a biotechnology research team who are involved in a top secret project. And the search is headed by scientist Park Hyuk-kwon (Extracurricular), director of the labs Ahn Nae-sang (Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol), and founder of the research company Jin Kyung (Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 2).

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/01/the-chase-for-kim-rae-won-begins-in-tvns-new-action-sci-fi-drama/

Kim Rae Won And Lee Da Hee Gear Up For A Fight In Posters For Action Thriller Drama

Jan 5, 2021
by C. Hong

tvN’s upcoming action drama “L.U.C.A” has released its main posters!

“L.U.C.A” is about a man named Ji Oh (Kim Rae Won) who is being chased for his special skills, and a violent crimes detective named Gu Reum (Lee Da Hee) who is the only one who remembers him. Other actors in the cast include Kim Sung Oh, Kim Sang Ho, Park Hyuk Kwon, Ahn Nae Sang, Jin Kyung, Jung Da Eun, Kim Min Gwi, and Lee Joong Ok.

If the teaser posters for the drama hinted at Kim Rae Won’s unlimited potential for action, then the main poster shows his collaboration with an amazing team of actors. Each character in the poster has their own ambitions and goals and are determined to track down Ji Oh in order to to overturn the world as they know it. The caption for the poster reads, “The action that overcomes limits begins now.”

kim-rae-won-lee-da-hee-kim-sung-oh-kim-s

Although Ji Oh’s powers and the exact relationship between him and Gu Reum are yet to be revealed, Kim Rae Won and Lee Da Hee stand back-to-back in the poster, showing a united front against those who are pursuing them. Lee Son (Kim Sung Oh) is chief among these pursuers, with a beast-like instinct for the hunt, while Choi Jin Hwan (Kim Sang Ho), the team leader of the violent crimes division, shows his charisma as a veteran police officer.

Park Hyuk Kwon, Ahn Nae Sang, and Jin Kyung play employees of the “Human Tech” research center that lies at the heart of the world of “L.U.C.A.” Park Hyuk Kwon plays Kim Chul Soo, the secret person in charge of the biotechnology project at Human Tech. Ahn Nae Sang plays Ryu Joong Kwon, a manager at the research center who has an obsession with creating the perfect human. Jin Kyung plays Hwang Jung Ah, a mysterious character who established Human Tech and hired the greatest scientists for her mission. Jung Da Eun, Kim Min Gwi, and Lee Joong Ok play Choi Yoo Na, Kim Tae Oh, and Kim Hwang Sik, who along with Lee Son (Kim Sung Oh) are part of the “special forces” at Human Tech.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1446991wpp/kim-rae-won-and-lee-da-hee-gear-up-for-a-fight-in-posters-for-action-thriller-drama

Tvn released another teaser today: 

I did a rough translation of the voice over if you guys are interested:

KRW: “I don’t remember why I’m here and how I came all the way here.”

LDH: “It doesnt mean you dont have a past. Look, you’re... not normal.”

KRW: “I am normal. I want to be. I can live like a regular man, without any special power.”

LDH: “This isn’t a power, this is just trouble”

And I couldn't quite catch the last bit. I think he says "Just you wait... I'm going to catch them all." (but really not sure about the "catch" part).

“L.U.C.A.” Promises Electrifying Action With New Character Posters

b7fffca2585a469b9c763e010b2f3262.jpeg?s=

Jan 11, 2021
by S. P

tvN’s upcoming action drama “L.U.C.A.” has released new character posters!

“L.U.C.A.” is about a man named Ji Oh (played by Kim Rae Won) who is being chased because of his special abilities, and a violent crimes detective named Gu Reum (played by Lee Da Hee) who is the only one who remembers him. Other actors in the cast include Kim Sung Oh, Kim Sang Ho, Park Hyuk Kwon, Ahn Nae Sang, Jin Kyung, Jung Da Eun, Kim Min Gwi, and Lee Joong Ok.

Following the main posters, which gave drama fans a glimpse of the impressive cast, the new character posters provide a more in-depth look at the three leads. First up is Kim Rae Won as Ji Oh, whose tagline reads, “The man who is being chased while hiding his abilities that will change the world.” With wounds on his face and eyes full of loneliness and anger, Ji Oh must face off against those who are pursuing him for his special abilities.

Kim-Rae-Won.jpeg

In the second poster, Lee Da Hee crouches behind a car as she holds a pistol close to her face, ready to leap into action as Gu Reum, the charismatic violent crimes detective who is determined to uncover the truth behind her parents’ disappearance. Her tagline reads, “The only woman who remains in Ji Oh’s memory.”

Lee-Da-Hee.jpeg

Finally, Kim Sung Oh plays Lee Son, a spy who formerly served in the special forces. His tagline reads, “The man who hunts down Ji Oh with beast-like instincts.” His piercing gaze is proof of his innate skill and hints at the nerve-racking chase that is certain to take place.

Spoiler

Kim-Sung-Oh.jpeg

The drama’s production team commented, “An enthralling pursuit that goes beyond human limits will unfold [on screen]. The actors held nothing back as they gave their all to their roles, helping perfect the universe created by the dream team of genre works. Please look forward to the spectacular chase and action that is sure to cause a sensation.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1448142wpp/l-u-c-a-promises-electrifying-action-with-new-character-posters

Watch: Kim Rae Won Hides A Terrifying Secret As He Goes On The Run In New Drama Teaser

f5f9440e8e6c45dabe24f5a575708b4d.jpeg?s=

Jan 12, 2021
by C. Hong

tvN’s upcoming drama “L.U.C.A” has released a character teaser of Kim Rae Won!

“L.U.C.A” is an action thriller about a man named Ji Oh (Kim Rae Won) who is being chased because of his special abilities, and a violent crimes detective named Gu Reum (Lee Da Hee) who is the only one who remembers him.

In the new teaser, Kim Rae Won wanders empty fields and streets at night as he says in voice-over, “I don’t where I am or how I got here.” He is frequently seen bloodied and bruised and collapses on buses and bridges as a powerful spasm overtakes him. In voice-over, Lee Da Hee responds, “Not having memories doesn’t mean you don’t have a past.”

She adds, “You’re not just a human, are you?”, but he insists, “I am human. I want to be human,” even as the teaser shows he has the ability to manipulate electricity on subway tracks. He continues, “I want to live as a person who has no special abilities.” Lee Da Hee responds as she engages in a desperate chase, “It’s not an ability, it’s absolute control.”

As the situation gets more and more dire, Kim Rae Won grapples with Kim Sung Oh, who plays Lee Son, the man tasked to chase him down.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1448425wpp/watch-kim-rae-won-hides-a-terrifying-secret-as-he-goes-on-the-run-in-new-drama-teaser

Lee Da Hee Turns Into Unstoppable Detective In Upcoming tvN Drama

2bbf61c04913486f9a38ccf2aca89de2.jpeg?s=

Jan 14, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN has released stills of Lee Da Hee in the new action drama “L.U.C.A.”

“L.U.C.A.” is about a man named Ji Oh (played by Kim Rae Won) who is being chased because of his special abilities, and a violent crimes detective named Gu Reum (played by Lee Da Hee) who is the only one who remembers him. Other actors in the cast include Kim Sung OhKim Sang HoPark Hyuk KwonAhn Nae SangJin KyungJung Da Eun, Kim Min Gwi, and Lee Joong Ok.

Lee Da Hee’s character Gu Reum is a charismatic violent crimes detective who is determined to uncover the truth behind her parents’ disappearance. Fans are excited to see her play a detective once again, and she will immerse into her new role to showcase bold charisma and thrilling action scenes.

The new stills show a glimpse of the strong and persistent side of Gu Reum. Her gaze is sharp and cold, and she strides towards something with a pulsing aura that promises an interesting showdown. Despite being covered with wounds, she doesn’t show any signs of weakness or exhaustion.

lee-da-hee.jpg

Lee Da Hee shared why she decided to appear in this drama, saying, “I liked the genre and character, but I was even more resolved to star in it because of director Kim Hong Sun and writer Chun Sung Il.”

She also talked about her character Gu Reum. She said, “Gu Reum is active rather than passive, and I think her cool and refreshing sides are charming.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1448657wpp/lee-da-hee-turns-into-unstoppable-detective-in-upcoming-tvn-drama

Superpowered amnesiac Kim Rae-won just wants to be human in L.U.C.A.: The Beginning

by tineybeanie

89C4CC30-B2C0-4E34-BE28-3539C421F86D.jpeg

L.U.C.A.: The Beginning with Kim Rae-won (Black Knight) and Lee Da-hee (Search Query: WWW) has recently released a promo teaser. L.U.C.A. is a sci-fi thriller about a man who has a unique superpower but no memories of who he is. Lee Da-hee plays a police investigator that seems to know a lot about Kim Rae-won.

In the newly released teaser, a bloodied Kim Rae-won runs around the city, often checking behind him, as though he’s wary of pursuers. He narrates, “I don’t know why I’m here or how I got here.” Lee Da-hee says in reply, “Just because you don’t have any memories doesn’t mean that you don’t have a past. You’re not a normal human.” Then there’s a scene of him fainting on the bridge and subsequently on the bus, indicating that there’s something wrong with his body. Is it his superpower or some other brain trauma related to his memory loss that’s causing him to faint?

The next scene shows him sprinting along a metro track, running away from multiple suits, and his narration continues: “I am a human. I want to be a human.” At a certain point, Kim Rae-won bends down on the train tracks and decides to activate his superpower. Copy onscreen says: “A man with a world-changing superpower is chased.” He confronts Lee Da-hee’s character, who has a gun behind her back. He frantically tells her that he can live like he has no power.

Then, there’s a quick cut to a scene where Kim Rae-won is stabbed. He screams in agony, and Lee Da-hee runs desperately; in her voiceover, she tells him, “It’s not a superpower, it’s a potential calamity.” A Catholic institution is burnt down, and children and nuns flee from the flames while Kim Rae-won remains alone inside surveying the damage.

He’s caught by Kim Sung-oh (Graceful Friends) in a deadly armlock, and his eyes begin to turn bright blue. His voiceover continues: “Wait. I will make everything right,” and the teaser ends with a last scene of Kim Rae-won looking up toward the cityscape.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/01/superpowered-amnesiac-kim-rae-won-just-wants-to-be-human-in-l-u-c-a-the-beginning/

Archived