Quantcast

Now I know what's JO super power.  He's like a human charger. Electricity flows. Destructive if used for bad deeds.

That humans becomes lab experiment. The evildoers trying to experiment on humans. I'm not sure for the intended purpose. It's probably the underlying part of the plot here.  Watch it raw so no idea actually what's going on.

I watch ep 1 all the way which means I like it.  But you know it's fantasy when there's suspension of disbelief first scene with the baby. Heck we never question Superman's powers. When JO  pushed to the limit, he  can super charge with currents running through his veins.

I like the chase scene with the running through forest and leaping through buildings. I like that type of action.  Heck the 'truck' of doom almost killed GR twice too.  She was saved by the powers of JO. We'll see friction and [under] currents.

Not used to seeing KRW in character like this. I alway vision him as like as a lawyer detective doctor character.

I'll wait for episode two.  How'd you guys like episode 1 so far?

• Like 3
  • Blob 2
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oooff. I am really digging EP 4 where they started with those kind of science-y stuff. I just love when they try to incorporate those kind of theories that seems plausible and not just made up stuff.

Dont blame the one who delivered  it   someone  living  like a new weeding couple   i happy  to see them have a little  rest and  breath but i fear more knowing where it going to go ( okay  baby 

Preview for episode 9.     Kissing scene.    

On 1/27/2021 at 8:19 PM, Jillia said:

Lee Da Hee, Kim Rae Won, And More Describe Why They Joined “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning” And Talk About Their Characters

I really like Lee da Hee's dress at the press conference:o

Thanks for the clips @Jillia:)

5 hours ago, jongski said:

Not used to seeing KRW in character like this. I alway vision him as like as a lawyer detective doctor character.

Maybe he wanted to do this role because he often plays professional characters and this is something different. Interestingly, I saw ini another article that Ji Chang Wook was originally in talks for this drama but I think Kim Rae Won was a good casting decision. 

5 hours ago, jongski said:

I'll wait for episode two.  How'd you guys like episode 1 so far?

I wasn't sure if I would watch but the clips I have seen look surprisingly interesting so far. I may start watching after a few more episodes have aired.

I was looking at comments on Naver and some of the viewers were calling him Lukachu because of his electricity powers like Pikachu. LOOOL! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

“L.U.C.A.: The Beginning” Starts Off Strong In Ratings As “Royal Secret Agent” Sets New Personal Best Again

KBS’s “Royal Secret Agent” is still going strong!

According to Nielsen Korea, the February 1 episode of the drama recorded average nationwide ratings of 9.7 and 13.6 percent. This is a new personal best for the drama and the second episode in a row that it has surpassed its own personal best ratings record.

On JTBC, “She Would Never Know” recorded average nationwide ratings of 1.918 percent, a drop from last week.

On tvN, Kim Rae Won and Lee Da Hee‘s action thriller “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning” premiered to ratings of 5.371 percent. This is higher than the premiere ratings of “Awaken,” its predecessor in this time slot, and not far behind its finale ratings (which was also its personal best).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1451946wpp/l-u-c-a-the-beginning-starts-off-strong-in-ratings-as-royal-secret-agent-sets-new-personal-best-again

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

It doesn't have the blockbuster production value they might have strived for but it looks decent. The action is pretty good as well.

The drama is veeery pulpy. I think you have to be up for that ride. And of course the drama is self aware of its genre as you can see when they repeat the scene with the truck for example.

I enjoyed the intensity towards the end and am looking forward to more of that. And if the romance is half as hot as their photoshoot together... 

Oh and i have to mention Kim Sang-Ho who is always a great sidekick.

(I naturally got reminded of Awaken and this is already a big step up for me)

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Premiere Watch: L.U.C.A.: The Beginning

by missvictrix

20210118120746_6004fb81e39b2_1.jpg

Time slot: Monday & Tuesday
Broadcaster: tvN
Genre: Crime, mystery, suspense, sci-fi
Episode count: 12

Reasons to watch: We’ve learned to take dramaland’s sci-fi offerings with a grain of hopeful salt, but that doesn’t mean I don’t keep expecting the best of them. And L.U.C.A. has a few important things going for it: it’s on tvN, it features the wonderful Lee Da-hee finally returning to the small screen, and the PD has dramas like Voice, Black and — wait for it — Liar Game — on his resume. That track record gives us a pretty good idea of what to expect in terms of tone, so perhaps this story of an amnesiac with superpowers (Kim Rae-won), and the investigator (Lee Da-hee) who knows more about him than he does, will make my sci-fi-loving heart happy.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/01/premiere-watch-l-u-c-a-the-beginning/

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

Once again, just like  episode 1, I enjoyed again the action and chase scene of ep 2. I think it's done well. Kudos to the director. 

I also like that story didn't prolong the way GR remembering who ZO was. Who he is, and the childhood interactions. GR remembered immediately after she dreamed about meeting the  ZO as a child and know something happened to her parents that ZO probably has the answers. Although ZO still doesn't remember but that's okay, she'd explained we'll get that out of the way. He'll know they met when they were children.  (Though the ones chasing them  doesn't know there's already a connention).  Kudos to the writer.  Story can move to stopping the "cult" investors funding the research.

ZO was an experiment as a new born baby that researchers lost. They know his system and functions and power. They want to capture. To "improve" functionality as with his electrons in his body. 

The other guy who was chasing, his right arm was zapped by electornic volts from ZO so he's arm was burnt. He has to receive shots teice for the rest of his life or else his burnt arm will rot.  Does he have same capability as ZO?

I understand the drama but not the cult aspect like the one's funding the experiement. I'm confused about the offering of the newborns.

Overall it's enjoyable for me. It's a drama to watch while I wait for others I might be more into. LUCA is only 12 episodes anyway.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

“L.U.C.A.: The Beginning” Sees Ratings Rise + “Royal Secret Agent” Stays In The Lead

Feb 3, 2021
by C. Hong
8b4c037ad5ab40ffa94d002835fc9181.jpeg?s=

On tvN, the new drama “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning” recorded ratings of 5.802 percent, a small increase in its ratings from its premiere episode the day before.

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

I liked the first two episodes. Although it was more like the cat-mouse chasing in both episodes, but yeah, this drama looks promising, and I hope we'll be seeing more of the backstory too. The ML is kind of mutant here, has had memory loss. The FL has been chasing him for something which happened to her parents, the scientist wants him since he is the only successful candidate of his experiments, and we have a cult connected to the lab. Interesting. 

Nothing much with the episodes, I liked the direction and pacing of the episodes. I was loving the elevator fight until, until they just decided to go into the POV mode, and that is when my head started spinning, and I think they could have done a better job there. 

I hope, apart from the whole chasing, which I think needs to happen in between, I would love to see some developments happening between the characters and also in the characters. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Phew, finally caught up on the first two episodes. Fast paced, stunning shots, superb cinematography, flawless acting, gripping action scenes. The CGIs & special effects are not as bad as I thought, so that's a plus. 

The premise is interesting enough, evil mysterious~ lab conducting secret experiments on animals and humans. I hope they'll throw in a few plot twists here and there to keep us on the edge of our seats until the end.

I understand that the first couple of episodes are mostly there to set up the plot and introduce all the characters. I hope that within the next few episodes we'll get to see a bit more depth with the characters. 

(Also by the way this show is so dang dark it's a nightmare to make gifs haha :lol: )

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1
On 2/2/2021 at 2:28 AM, Fabbo said:

It doesn't have the blockbuster production value they might have strived for but it looks decent. The action is pretty good as well.

The drama is veeery pulpy. I think you have to be up for that ride. And of course the drama is self aware of its genre as you can see when they repeat the scene with the truck for example.

I enjoyed the intensity towards the end and am looking forward to more of that. And if the romance is half as hot as their photoshoot together... 

Oh and i have to mention Kim Sang-Ho who is always a great sidekick.

(I naturally got reminded of Awaken and this is already a big step up for me)

Video from the 1st look photoshoot with this visual couple 

Yay for Lee Da Hee to have a lead role at last and with a nice, handsome tall actor:D  She said one of the reasons she doesn't get cast for roles is because of her tall height:(

I have seen the Awaken comparisons in a few places but LUCA was actually shot first. They completed LUCA filming in October 2020 before Awaken even aired and Awaken only finished filming in Jan 2021. I guess LUCA requires a lot more special effects work so they pushed it back. I agree LUCA already seems like a far superior drama.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

tvN Shares Their Drama Lineup Plans For 2021

tvN has revealed their broadcast plans for dramas in 2021, which includes a lineup of diverse genres and star-studded casts.

Scheduled for February and March are “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning,” “Mouse” and “Vincenzo.”

“L.U.C.A.: The Beginning,” a high-spectacle action chase thriller, premiered on February 1 and stars Kim Rae Won as a man being hunted for his special abilities and Lee Da Hee as a violent crimes detective who is the only one who remembers him. It is being directed by Kim Hong Sun (“Voice,” “The Guest”) and written by Chun Sung Il (“My Girlfriend Is An Agent,” “The Pirates“).

[...]

Kim Je Hyun, the director of CJ ENM’s IP (intellectual property) Department, stated, “Just as we led the K-drama boom last year, tvN plans to build an exciting lineup that will meet the expectations of drama fans both in Korea and worldwide. Our target ranges from clear genre productions to blockbusters that will appeal to the general public, as well as new challenges in content and format. We will spread out our broadcast schedule over the week in order to satisfy the various expectations of the viewers.”

Which drama are you looking forward to the most in 2021?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1452572wpp/tvn-shares-their-drama-lineup-plans-for-2021

• Like 3

EVENT: My Ultimate Oppa - Part 2

Your request has been granted. :kiss_wink: We put up a new My Ultimate Oppa poll!

This time featuring:

Ahjussi oppas, Super Ahjussi oppas, Grandpa oppas and Keanu Reeves

Please vote for your favorites!

re: @Lmangla

:partyblob:

• Where's My Oppa? 1

I just finished watching the first two episodes. This is very entertaining. Such good acting. The wounded strange character of Ji-O has drawn me in. I do think there is chemistry between the two mains.

Random Thoughts.

Something ocurred to me about the name L.U.C.A.  It could be a coincidence, but there is a character in The God Father named Luca Brasi - who has a terrible story.  I don't remember the details but he threw an infant down an incinerator in his past.. I think it was his own child.  

Also, lately Awaken was about experiments on children and using their serum for eternal life. There is a lot of talk about the sexual abuse of children these days and also certain hormones being used by depraved international groups.. that is part of the Q-Anon conspiracy.    This show also has infanticide and child abuse.. and also to make people super human. 

Just thinking that sometimes the themes in dramas have an eerie connection to the current trends that are in the universal psyche.   This theme disconnects the trust and security and love between parents and children and between the generations. And questions our trust in the true hunanity and  objectives of modern science. 

• Like 4
  • Jillia changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] L.U.C.A.: The Beginning, 루카 - Mon & Tue @ 21:00 KST

New interview / game with TVn

I've translated some parts for y'all. (Lee Da Hee is so pretty and adorable, i cannot deal)

Loving their banter as well. Looks like they had tons of fun on set.

First round was "how well do you know each other?" - the actors have to answer by raising the "right" or "wrong" signs. 

1st question (written on the screen at 0:21) : "This is Kim Rae Won's first TVn drama"

KRW and LDH both answered yes. Only Kim Sung Oh got it wrong :lol: he tried to explain himself and said something along the lines of: "No it's because I was looking at the right answer, it was a mistake. I meant to say yes. I was looking at "O" " (Kim Rae Won and Lee Da Hee both make fun of him).

The rest under cut because this got long

Spoiler

Second question: "Kim Rae Won prefers acting in action dramas rather than in melodramatic ones"

They all answer "x"

KRW explains (referring to Luca): "All these action scenes were exhausting / hard"

Question 3: "Ji Oh's first meeting with Gu Reum was on by the Han river in downtown Seoul"

They all answer "x"

Question 4: "This is the first detective role for Lee Da Hee"

Lee Da Hee can't stop laughing at KRW & KSO's wrong answers, and the screen shows "Just let it go, let it go" :lol:

Question 5: "The fans nickname for Lee Da Hee is 'snail' ("Dalpaeng-i" in korean)" (:lol:)

KRW goes: "How can we possibly know the answer?"

KSO says "Right, how can we know the answer? But come to think of it, there's a bit of a snail in her" (lol what??)

LDH: "Isn't it rather 'Da Paeng-i"? (a play on word with her name "Da" instead of "Dal") but even if you wrote Da-Paeng-i, Oppas wouldn't have known the answer anyway."

KSO: "What kind of Paeng...?" 

Question 6: "The first place where Gu Reum ate with her colleagues was at a bbq (samgyeopsal) restaurant."

Kim Rae Won & Lee Da Hee sneakily looking at each other's notice sign before answering. 

Kim Rae Won hesitates. "No of course it wasn't a bbq place."

Lee Da Hee: "Then where was it Oppa?"

Kim Rae Won: "Uhh, where was it...?"

Lee Da Hee: "Okay he doesn't know."

Kim Sung Oh: "I only look at my answers. I don't care about the others."

Lee Da Hee: "It was a Haejangguk place." 

Kim Rae Won: "Right. It wasn't a Samgyeopsal place."

[Screen goes: We recommend you watch the first episode again]

Question 7: "Kim Sung Oh lost 15kg to prepare for the role"

Yes

Question 8: "Kim Sung Oh's favorite movie villain is the Joker"

KRW & LDH both answered "O" 

KSO's answer was "x" : "I honestly never thought about it. But i would say Gary Oldman in Leon."

Question 9: "The reason why Lee Son is chasing after Ji Oh is because of money."

KRW & LDH's answer is "O"

KSO: x

Kim Rae Won: "Isn't it about money?" (ㅋㅋㅋㅋ)

Second round is a mental & rapidity game. Where they have to guess sentences / words with only a few characters of the korean alphabet.

Kim Rae Won: "You must say your full name before answering right?"

Lee Da Hee: "Gu Reum!"

Kim Rae Won: "We said full name."

Lee Daa Hee: "Sky's Gu Reum!"

1st question:

Lee Da Hee: "Oh this one is easy. Kim Hong Seon"

Screen shows Kim Rae Won and the words "Really?"

Question 2: 

KSO: "Are they just words or an actual sentence?"

Staff: "They're words mixed together"

KSO: "Oh wait, i think I got it. I have about 50% right now. It's... Lee Son has a lot of free time / Lee Son is free" (this one was hard to translate, basically he means that Lee Son has a lot of free time, that he's not busy or something like that).

Lee Da Hee (laughing): "How did you come up with that?" 

Kim Rae Won: "No but I think he's right!"

Kim Rae Won: "I don't see any other possibilities"

Kim Sung Oh: "As for the end... isn't it something like Lee Son is free... [blank] you want to come?"

Kim Rae Won: "Lee Son is free... fighting!" (Honestly not sure if this is the right translation)

Everyone burst out laughing. 

Lee Da Hee: "Oh I figured out the middle part."

Kim Rae Won: "What is it?"

Lee Da Hee: "Isnt it action?"

Kim Sung Oh: "Ooh that kind of meaning"

Kim Rae Won: "Action... fighting!"

Kim Sung Oh: "... horror"

Lee Da Hee: "Oh, I know! Korean action hero!"

Question 3: 

Lee Da Hee: "Sky's Gu Reum."

Kim Sung Oh: "that one was easy."

Lee Da Hee: "You need to be faster in raising your hand."

Question 4: 

Lee Da Hee: "TVN!"

Question 5: at the end of the riddle, there's the word ㅋ

Lee Da Hee: "Is that the letter ㅋ  or do you mean 'lol'?"

Kim Rae Won: "I was wondering the same thing" (:lol:)

Kim Rae Won: "Hamateo... ㅋ" (no clue what he meant to be honest)

Lee Da Hee: "Human tech!"

Lee Da Hee: "It looks like the Oppas aren't interested in winning."

Kim Sung Oh: "No but how do you want us to guess these, it's too hard!"

Kim Rae Won: "We're trying really hard right now"

Question 6: this has something to do with tvn. (The screen shows's the channel's slogan: "the fun never stops")

Kim Rae Won: This is too hard

Lee Da Hee: "There no end to fun"

Staff: "You got one word wrong"

Lee Da Hee & Kim Sung Oh raise their end at the same time.

KSO: "The fun never stops."

Round 3: Say a compliment that they probably never heard.

Kim Sung Oh to KRW: "Ji Oh's walk is beautiful."

Kim Rae Won: "wow this is the first time i'm hearing this.

KSO: "He really has a great walk."

LDH: "His current hairstyle suits him the best." (loool lieeeeees)

KSO: "Is that a compliment or a criticism?"

LDH (laughs): "No no it's really a compliment."

KRW: I think you're the first person to tell me that this hairstyle suits me best.

KRW to LDH: "Earlier, you cleared your throat. That was a really pretty sound."

LDH: "Sorry... I already heard this compliment."

KSO: "You did?"

KRW: "I failed."

KSO: "Wow this is really hard... hm. You have a really beautiful /great stomache" (????)

KRW (laughs): "I should have said that as well."

KSO: "Right?"

Staff: "This is the first time you're hearing this right?"

LDH: "Yes" (laughs)

KSO: I'm getting nervous now.

KRW: I think black suits you very well.

KSO: I've never heard this compliment before. 

LDH: Really? 

KSO: I tend to wear white, clear, clothes.

KRW: A neat guy. (laughs)

LDH: You look more like an angel when you don't laugh.

KSO: I've already heard someone say this to me.

LDH: Really?

KSO: People also told me that I look scarier when I laugh.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2021] L.U.C.A.: The Beginning, 루카