[Drama 2021] L.U.C.A.: The Beginning, 루카

larus

Let be honest this drama so much great 

The writer marking emotional  and scenes  switching so easy , the director  who make the switching  so natural  I dont find it strange between  fighting scene  and human touching  scenes and now they make the biggest  switch  to Romance  and happy moments  for most of episode 8  after acting and fighting  for 7 episodes  and it feel so right and in it place  

not only that, the music ,  choicing  different  and fitting colored  of each scenes, the actors all of them  have great embracing of their characters that make all what they going through  so natural as a really part of human emotional  progress  -not just acting 

I never  care about the rating  in Korean ( it really not saying anything  about the quality  of dramas) and I am happy  they also start to not care so much  since they start to look at the international and domestic  rating on the online  watching  sites and start to benefit  from it and that made them  to make  eally good dramas lately  with kind that maybe not that  popular  in Korea

even if it not hit in the TV ratings since they have another rating  now 

Me watching so much from different  countries  saying this drama should do great in the international viewers  with little promoted, it logic  and  good tied of every  aspect

Just ended it well , since in this kind of  story the hardest  things is how to ended it so well 

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ep 8 was actually a really, really sad episode, despite the happy moments between the otp. Laced with the quiet and peaceful moments  is the sense of the inevitable - that this won't last forever. I felt especially sad for GR, because she had more than ZO in the beginning, but with their fateful meeting she has been losing a lot. It's quite heartbreaking.

On another note, of all things that can be implanted into a super human, why on earth did they shortlisted the electric current thingy??? Pretty useless it is.

I don't know if anyone is interested but I've started subbing Gu Reum & Ji Oh's behind the scenes videos (since TVN shows no signs of subbing the videos themselves... ahem).

Let me know if you guys would like any other videos translated :) - I'm thinking on working on the bts of episode 8.

--

What did you think of this week's episodes by the way? I dit NOT expect Ji Oh knocking up Gu Reum. Boy did they move fast. :lol:

The way it's going, I have 0 expectations for a happy ending. I'm pretty sure Ji Oh is going to die while trying to save his baby girl & wife (writers, prove me wrong please). 

(PS: can we talk about the pregnant woman exploding, I thought I was watching Alien.)

Ep 8

Finally, GR makes the move to kiss Z-O &  go to bed and love is in the air.

Ten months later with the arrival of little baby Z-O, both were happy parents and thank God the baby is normal.

But, yet to see the baby abilities when she grows up.

In the labour room, I was curious why Z-O hands starts to emit electricity and he could not hold his new born.

Z-O who is a happy father was looking forward to build a happy family was short lived when both GR and baby

got abducted by Lee Son. 

In order to lure GR out, Captain revealed the news about GR parents and this cause GR emotions to think that

Z-O causes her parents dead.

Those 3 surrogate mothers seems suspicious of their pregnancies with weird electric shock feelings inside 

their bodies and confided cult lady, which try to tai-chee away.

During labour, did all 3 mothers and babies died together when the huge electric fire being emitted.

Won't be long before these 3 kill each other - Cult lady, Director Kim and RJK.

Lee Son did not revealed to Director Kim on Red hair hideout, why and I foresee Lee Son will betrayed Director Kim

and join Cult Lady and is obvious that Red hair has feelings for Lee Son.

However, both Lee Son and Red hair are being used as a tool to get Z-O.

Once Z-O is in the hands of Cult lady, I predict both Lee Son,Red hair & Director Kim will be kill.

I enjoyed watching Ji O be happy and proud to be a father.

I dont think GR was that happy, although its understandable that she has some small doubts.

I liked the most that he immediately made a plan to get new documents because 

that is a condition  for their safety.

He has already shown that he is a responsible husband and father.

And then everything changed when GR called the police station.

That was careless and put them in a dangerous situation.

The writer could have come up with something better.

On 2/24/2021 at 7:14 AM, dzareth said:

On another note, of all things that can be implanted into a super human, why on earth did they shortlisted the electric current thingy??? Pretty useless it is.

:lol: You're awesome.

That's exactly what I thought, too. It's such a B-movie plot. A man+electric-eel hybrid. For ... WHAT?

The Lady Cult Leader actually said, "Imagine, they can charge your phone by just holding it in their hand."  :crazy: All this for a phone charger. You can go buy one instead of creating a bunch of sad monster babies and murdering a lot of people in the process.

Despite all this, I am so impressed by how intense and compelling this show is. So much kudos to the actors, especially Kim Rae Won.

Awaken spoilers:

Spoiler

I feel like these two shows are kind of a pair. Both feature the same themes (mad scientists who are the literal parents of their creation, who, like Frankenstein's monster will grow to destroy them). The same boy actor plays the younger versions of both lead males.

Awaken stars Namgung Min. The purpose of the experiments is to create a serum for eternal life. One of the side effects is that the Namgung Min has super intelligence. So he used his intelligence to create an elaborate revenge scheme, and the plot involves watching his scheme unfold. Even though Namgung Min is great at the tragic scenes, he's also great at being snarky, hilarious, and super-smart.

LUCA is a completely different vibe because Ji-Oh did not know what is going on for a long time. His "superpower" causes him to lose his memories. He really does seem like a helpless lamb who you just want to hug.

Honestly, both stories are super-silly if you think about it, but LUCA is on another level in terms of emotional impact. It's also mad sexy in a way that Awaken was not.

I personally really did not enjoy those scenes in which Ji-Oh was strapped down and tortured for weeks. I also did not enjoy watching what happened to those mothers. I don't have a weak stomach for grisly scenes, but those were... a lot to take.

I also don't love seeing Gu-Reum getting beaten up all the time. In Ep.7 alone, she was thrown through a glass window and beaten up until she fractured her skull. It's a miracle that she only has a fractured skull considering all the times she's been knocked out.

8 hours ago, chickfactor said:

I personally really did not enjoy those scenes in which Ji-Oh was strapped down and tortured for weeks. I also did not enjoy watching what happened to those mothers. I don't have a weak stomach for grisly scenes, but those were... a lot to take.

I also don't love seeing Gu-Reum getting beaten up all the time. In Ep.7 alone, she was thrown through a glass window and beaten up until she fractured her skull. It's a miracle that she only has a fractured skull considering all the times she's been knocked out.

I have the same sentiments as you. Those torturing scenes are unbearable to Z-O as well to those

3 surrogate mothers. Imagine the intense pain you get from the electric shock !

As mentioned before, poor GR has been beaten up , thrown up, kicked practically in every episodes.

She is indeed a tough cop esp scene from ep 7 when she was thrown out from the window with shattered glass.

10 hours ago, chickfactor said:

:lol: You're awesome.

That's exactly what I thought, too. It's such a B-movie plot. A man+electric-eel hybrid. For ... WHAT?

The Lady Cult Leader actually said, "Imagine, they can charge your phone by just holding it in their hand."  :crazy: All this for a phone charger. You can go buy one instead of creating a bunch of sad monster babies and murdering a lot of people in the process.

Despite all this, I am so impressed by how intense and compelling this show is. So much kudos to the actors, especially Kim Rae Won.

@chickfactor  I agree with everything that you said. I used the "skip 10 seconds" button for most of the torture scenes with Ji Oh, as it was really hard to watch.

I think he has like... eel and fly DNA? I honestly laughed when they revealed that part. They were pushing it. 

Same goes for Gu Reum. The girl gets severe head concussions in every.single.episode. and yet she goes back to work like nothing happened. Doesn't seem too realistic to me. 

In episode 7, the doctor literally said she had a small skull fracture and yet 4 scenes later she's back to Human Tech lab fighting a bunch of CIA dudes. Give a girl a break!

Also, in episode 8, am I the only one who was perplexed at the fact that:

Spoiler

When Gu Reum gets "kidnapped" at the end, she walks and acts absolutely normally as if she didn't just GIVE BIRTH. I never had a baby, but I'm pretty sure that women who just gave birth can't stroll around like that. She should be limping from pain no? Idk, maybe I'm just nitpicky :lol:

Anyway, I stumbled across an interview with the Director Kim Hong Seon, and this part caught my eye: 

Capture-d-e-cran-2021-02-26-a-09-33-37.p

(source: https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01285766628953472&mediaCodeNo=258)

He basically praises Kim Rae Won, and says that beyond the great acting work, he really physically transformed to prepare for the role of Ji Oh. He lost 10 kg and worked out to fit his role. 

The article quotes: "On top of all the concerns he had, he also transformed his body. [KRW] wanted to give off the feeling of being a lost puppy but he took that to another level and worked out. I'm really thankful."

New to this thread and really happy that I found this drama ♥️

Imo TvN dramas do well with dark, realistic stories but sometimes then romance gets left out. So I'm happy to see both in this drama!!! The action scenes are amazing and the kind of slow burn romance works well between the two main leads (the eye candy and chemistry is  explosive). I also thought it was bold to have the two leads have a child and marry without the story ending there! Kind of refreshing. Let's see if they get a happy ending tho…

Can't wait until the next episode!

Kim Rae Won Is Merciless As He Searches For Lee Da Hee In “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning”

8c82f4141b004590a0fffcee25102786.jpeg?s=

Mar 1, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN’s “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning” has shared new stills ahead of today’s episode!

“L.U.C.A.: The Beginning” is a sci-fi action thriller starring Kim Rae Won as Ji Oh, a man who is being chased for his special abilities, and Lee Da Hee as Gu Reum, a violent crimes detective who is the only one who remembers him.

Spoilers

Ji Oh and Gu Reum ran away from the city and shared peaceful moments in the countryside. They even had a baby, and just when they were dreaming of an ordinary life, Gu Reum and their baby were kidnapped by Lee Son (played by Kim Sung Oh). Ji Oh must now fight to protect his family, and viewers are eager to find out how he will do that.

In the new stills, Ji Oh starts a counterattack against Human Tech. His expression is cold and merciless as he interrogates the bloodied and bruised Choi Jin Hwan (played by Kim Sang Ho), a detective who betrayed Gu Reum and ended up being a spy for Kim Chul Soo (played by Park Hyuk Kwon).

l.u.c.a.-the-beginning1.jpg

Other photos show Gu Reum and Kim Chul Soo together. Gu Reum is holding tightly onto her baby and looking at Kim Chul Soo with suspicious eyes and a guarded expression. Kim Chul Soo has committed numerous misdeeds for his own ambition. Just the idea of a person like him coming face to face with Gu Reum is thrilling, and it will be intriguing to find out what they will talk about.

The drama’s production team commented, “Gu Reum, who was kidnapped, will face a shocking truth. The relationship between Ji Oh and Gu Reum will fluctuate due to the strong internal war of the villains. The choice they make will be a major stepping stone to an unpredictable ending.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1456885wpp/kim-rae-won-is-merciless-as-he-searches-for-lee-da-hee-in-l-u-c-a-the-beginning

Angry , hurt, pain and broken heart that how I feel  after  ep 9 didnt zi o had enough  pain and losing  and GR didnt her parents  death tournament  here enough  till now 

Really ??  Just leave them monster's  you all dont  deserve  to be called human 

Gr please  keep trusting  zi o , please  no matter  what  the true is , choice to be in his side you seeing enough  to know what life he had in that lap  and after it 

As I said last week , just live you three  pleases  stay a life together  :brokenheart: 

and  another one thing to add just kill all of them I dont want to see one of those monsters  survive by the end of the drama 

With Yoo Na death and Lee Son's reason to kill Won Yi because he is Ji O's friend, I lost all my sympathy for him. Like zilch. He failed to recognize who the true villain here and seek revenge while he was the one who instigate Ji O first. At least Yoo Na was on her way to redemption. Even if he died while saving Ji O or Gu Reum as his redemption arc, I will not forgive him. Won Yi is too precious despite his flaws. :isannoyed:

I am disappointed with the way the story developed. There was so much promise when the drama started. But in the latest episodes, they are just showing brutality and senseless killings. For what? Earning 10 million (Japanese yen?) since the people interested in Zi-O are Japanese. Not even 10M U.S. dollars?

The premise of humans regenerating and gaining extra strength was interesting but they failed to develop it completely. The intent of creating enhanced humans was never fully revealed. They are just mentioning money, especially Chul Soo.

Blind obedience is ingrained in soldiers, so I am fine with it. But Yi Son sees things that show how they are being used to do all the dirty work, yet he fails to use even a small part of his brain to think about the things those greedy richardsimmons are telling him to do. He thinks that getting Zi-O's arm will change his life? Why? He already has a bionic arm, but how come he still needs to get shots throughout his life to prevent the arm from rotting? I don't understand. Is it because the exterior (the skin) is from a gorilla? For all their money and their research they cannot even develop a silicone skin?

It's a good thing that this is only 12 episodes, otherwise they will be terminating more people for no reason at all.

It seems like the baby has a stronger connection with her dad she's getting agitated because her dad is getting hurt. And she's emitting electrical currents as well. Will she be stronger than her dad?

Archived