[Drama 2021] L.U.C.A.: The Beginning, 루카

larus

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/14/2021 at 12:17 AM, nona88 said:

There something  I have to ask about,  today I rewatched  ep 1 since I liked the drama I thought  I should  watched the start again with more attention  but I had this  thought will watching the first scene 

Did they trick us ? The baby's  in the first scene is he really zi o ?  

Why I am asking since while watching this scene I noticed  the shoes  of the woman  that was running  carrying  him is similar  to GR  shoes  then I notice not the shoe's  but body figure and way of movement  !!!!.

@nona88 since you mentioned this I rewatched the beginning scene.  Maybe it’s a flash forward scene (a future scene) and the baby is GR/JO’s baby.  

Good catch @nona88 because when I originally saw the scene I thought it was a man.  After rewatching it I see that the person might be a woman.

I am looking forward  for the second  part of the drama I hope zi o will tell everything to GR especially  the part about her father  being part of the people  who made him and the fact he remember  how her father  tried  to sell him 

I know we still dont know the full true, but I think she should start understand  the situation  that her parents  wasnt only victims  they did wrong things too 

I dont think zi o kill them , we saw how much he lose  control he never kill even when he has all the reasons  ( the fire in church  just get out of control) 

And the fact that sly  KCS said they disappear  and he know nothing  about what happen  to them not believed  to me we talking about people  who kill prof oh cause he was the one who see and test zi o , and they the same people  who still trick zi o and anyone  they want no matter  who he is and kill them just for being involved or know something about zi o secret  

So I cant believe  those people  will be so clam about the  missing person that was part of zi o making and know all the secrets and the one who cause them to waste millions  and years  

Just disappear  all this years and they okay with that, they show not the kind to let that go 

That why I hope zi o tell everything  to Gr I dont want a day they  use her parents  death to make her betray  him 

P.s.

Spoiler

after ep 6 I understand  why Gr  remind in zi o memory  , the crazy doctor  said that her father control zi o by telling good promise and things about life and that he show the doctor  Gr  photo everyday  , so what if he did the same with zi o showing  his daughter  photo  and talking about her every  day , maybe the father betury  him but Gr  remind  in zi o mind as a good memories  and an example  of what normal  life look, as we know how lonely  and scared  zi o was in that lap all the time she maybe was a hope to him 

2 minutes ago, kdramaddict01 said:

@nona88 since you mentioned this I rewatched the beginning scene.  Maybe it’s a flash forward scene (a future scene) and the baby is GR/JO’s baby.  

Good catch @nona88 because when I originally saw the scene I thought it was a man.  After rewatching it I see that the person might be a woman

I just guess that 

I hope if it true or not she and zi o will be okay by the end 

12 hours ago, nona88 said:

Hide contents

after ep 6 I understand  why Gr  remind in zi o memory  , the crazy doctor  said that her father control zi o by telling good promise and things about life and that he show the doctor  Gr  photo everyday  , so what if he did the same with zi o showing  his daughter  photo  and talking about her every  day , maybe the father betury  him but Gr  remind  in zi o mind as a good memories  and an example  of what normal  life look, as we know how lonely  and scared  zi o was in that lap all the time she maybe was a hope to him 

12 hours ago, nona88 said:

I know we still dont know the full true, but I think she should start understand  the situation  that her parents  wasnt only victims  they did wrong things too  

That why I hope zi o tell everything  to Gr I dont want a day they  use her parents  death to make her betray  him

its very possible...I didnt even think about it...

Its a little strange that she didnt  already assume that the truth might be different.

2 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Its a little strange that she didnt  already assume that the truth might be different

Dont forget when they was in church  the nun said that zi o was adopted  many times and so many bring him back after one day saying he a monster  

And GR asked her about her parents  name but the nun they not one of them but for Gr it still possible  they where only one of the adopt one and something  happen when they go to return him 

But she and the prof oh talk in ep 4 about  her father specialization and prof oh said that they maybe need his specialization on creating  zi o so yeh she aware of the possibility 

But still she maybe think they didn't  know compilty  or was that important  people  in the research  , the story change to know he was the co founding  of the project  itself and he was trying to sell zi o  

No matter  of what they still her parents  who she suffering from what happened  to them for 20 years so she need more fact then just possibility to understand  zi o feeling 

17 hours ago, Lmangla said:

chingus, cast your vote! - which of the new dramas (Feb-April) will you be checking out? also cast your vote for LUCA if you are enjoying the ride.

re: @partyon @Sleepy Owl

I did not see LUCA on the list.

15 hours ago, kdramaddict01 said:

Good catch @nona88 because when I originally saw the scene I thought it was a man.  After rewatching it I see that the person might be a woman.

also @Seiran029   

I looked at the first scene again and I got a sick feeling it may really be GR and that the baby is Zi-O's  - that perhaps Zi-O will martyr himself to save them at the end.  I truly hope not.

Just thinking that the question about whether Zi-O can experience love seems to reveal the core meaning of what it is to be a "monster" or "human".    We can clearly see who the real monsters are in this drama, and they are supposedly "human kind".   Kind of simplistic, but still hits home. 

I continue to like this drama.  Honestly must say that one reason is the poweful yang energy emanating from Kim Rae Won.. wow.

At the same time Ryu Joong-Kwon (daddy?) and Hwang Jung-A (mommy?) are positively disgustingly repulsive. I feel so sorry for Zi-O to have such bio parents if that is the case.  

Great all around casting in this drama also is a plus and never and there is never a dull moment.

Fun note, can't imagine how a woman with tomato colored hair who attacked a hospital isn't on a wanted list and picked up already by the police, yet she strolls around free and clear.

Jus

7 hours ago, maddymappo said:

I did not see LUCA on the list.

sorry about the confusion; I didn't realize LUCA was not on the list. while building the poll, we looked at the airing date of dramas that started this week or about to start going forward (feb-april). so we missed LUCA. if you are enjoying LUCA, please do post on the event thread your impressions and hopefully some more chingus will check it out.

Lee Da Hee And Kim Rae Won’s Relationship Undergoes A Transformation In “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning”

f725431eb4eb4bb2919cb94dd0f36bb1.jpeg?s=

Feb 22, 2021
by S. P

tvN’s “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning” has shared new stills of Kim Rae Won and Lee Da Hee!

“L.U.C.A.: The Beginning” is a sci-fi action thriller starring Kim Rae Won as Ji Oh, a man who is being chased for his special abilities, and Lee Da Hee as Gu Reum, a violent crimes detective who is the only one who remembers him. Kim Sung Oh plays Lee Son, who is the chief among Ji Oh’s pursuers and used to be part of the special forces.

Spoilers

Previously, Ji Oh grew furious after learning the truth behind Human Tech, which had been planning to use Ji Oh’s cells in order to create clones of him. Hwang Jung Ah (Jin Kyung) ordered Ji Oh to be killed, as he had fulfilled his purpose, but Ryu Joong Kwon (Ahn Nae Sang) saved Ji Oh by injecting him with an enhancing drug instead of poison. Ji Oh then began his terrifying counterattack, overturning Human Tech in a fit of unadulterated rage.

In the new stills, Ji Oh is out of control due to his unbridled thirst for revenge. Completely out of his mind, he even attacks Gu Reum, despite his earlier promise to her in which he said, “I’ll definitely come back to you alive.”

Kim-Rae-Won-Lee-Da-Hee2.jpeg

However, Gu Reum proves to be the only one who can stop his rampage. The following stills show Gu Reum embracing Ji Oh, who leans into her as he calms down and returns to a more stable state of mind. Gu Reum also tenderly bandages his wounds in a sweet moment between the pair. Viewers are curious to see how their relationship will change.

The drama’s production team commented, “As the second half of the drama begins, Ji Oh and Gu Reum will become even more of a unique presence to each other. The layers of excitement are certain to increase as their relationship progresses in the midst of the nerve-wrecking chase. Look forward to the sad melodrama that will add to the thrilling pursuit action.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1455740wpp/lee-da-hee-and-kim-rae-wons-relationship-undergoes-a-transformation-in-l-u-c-a-the-beginning

One  thing I have to say after ep 7 I am sure almost 90%  that the woman with the baby  in ep 1 was Gr:cries:

Her voice in this eps especially  when she was so tried  it in the floor after being injured  si kuch like the voice of the first episode  , and in that scene she was in the Same situation   too 

I hope I am wrong or if I am right it will not ended as it look like from that scene ( please)

Beside  that point the ep was super good in every aspect  I will write about it later 

OMG! that Bad Guy/Girl opening! She just wants to be with him and he chokes her out to go alone - after she comes to, instead of being angry she goes and saves him :wub:

Show of hands - How many of you are with me wanting a happy ending for these two? (if they can keep from killing the leads of course)

:handsup:

So Captain Choi turned out to be a bad guy ... damn.  I was hoping he was just a stern leader.  

Archived