[Drama 2021] L.U.C.A.: The Beginning, 루카

larus

5 hours ago, rocher22 said:

You're right, I watched the scene again and that woman could be Gureum

If that really going to be truth I am starting  to fear ending  

It only 12 episodes  drama so I should not start writing  crazy plot in my head, but looking at the long preview zi o at some point will be catch by them maybe then another's child will be made using his DNA  or maybe the baby going to be his real child 

No Matter what I hope we at least has Gr and zi o surviving  together  by the end  okay this week ep 5 and with the new still's and the timeline  of this short drama maybe this week GR  going to know the true  about her parents  what they did, and how they were ended 

It time for both of them to know who their really enemy and start help each other 

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/14/2021 at 1:17 PM, nona88 said:

There something  I have to ask about,  today I rewatched  ep 1 since I liked the drama I thought  I should  watched the start again with more attention  but I had this  thought will watching the first scene 

Did they trick us ? The baby's  in the first scene is he really zi o ?  

Why I am asking since while watching this scene I noticed  the shoes  of the woman  that was running  carrying  him is similar  to GR  shoes  then I notice not the shoe's  but body figure and way of movement  !!!!.

I had my suspicions in the 1st ep, but tried to brush it off hoping it doesn't turn to something like Alice :confounded:

Watching today's episode, just finished the first few minutes and was remembered of your point again

Spoiler

GR's conversation with NFS prof., in particular when he said something getting about JO married and having baby which we don't know if it will be human or monster.. is this a foreshadowing?!!

We already Saw that JO is having a special urge to protect GR. GR herself seems to have a soft spot for him, not romantically but something like she would cling on as the last thread of her life long obsession of finding her parents fate. I wont be surprised if at some point GR gets pregnant :rolleyes: I know there is no place for romance here, but something more like a bonding of two desperate lonely souls resulting in one night stand, and leaving a trace of JO behind, possibly the child in 1st ep like your theory.

Whatever I just hope they don't mess it up with too much complication.

4 hours ago, Seiran029 said:

GR's conversation with NFS prof., in particular when he said something getting about JO married and having baby which we don't know if it will be human or monster.. is this a foreshadowing?!!

We already Saw that JO is having a special urge to protect GR. GR herself seems to have a soft spot for him, not romantically but something like she would cling on as the last thread of her life long obsession of finding her parents fate. I wont be surprised if at some point GR gets pregnant :rolleyes: I know there is no place for romance here, but something more like a bonding of two desperate lonely souls resulting in one night stand, and leaving a trace of JO behind, possibly the child in 1st ep like your theory.

Whatever I just hope they don't mess it up with too much complication.

Yes  the conversation  in ep 5 prove more  double  about the baby in ep1 

I thought first they will make another child like zi o but the conversation  between  that crazy woman from weird church  and other man deny that , as I wrote  before to make the Luca  gene  they need a human DNA  only human has that special  DNA  that can adopt  and be mixed  with others DNA  that why they made zi o and was trying to make other like him after he run away 

But the conversation  in ep 5 say they not planning  to make like him after they only needed  one human with mixed DNA  that had the dominant  Luca DNA in his body they dont need like him, they need cloned  , dolls  that they going to make from his DNA  that has no thought  or feeling  or human part :brokenheart: zi o  for sure was made from a really human baby and human DNA but the others that they planning  to make is only  their own monsters but what they know they cant win over the DNA that God made that will be in them too 

The conversation  with the death prof  and Gr ( sorry for thinking  he a bad guy last week ) their conversation  was interesting  too I agree with Gr that  zi o can has a humanity  but I cant say I dont a  gree with the prof  side, zo  cant control himself   yet and he will be any animal  that will go out in dangers time 

I am afraid a time were he lose his control  and GR has literally  stop him before kill innocent  ( but I am in hopeful side let give him like kn ep 5 someone  he care about  and trust   him and see how much  progress  he made only in ep 5 in his change way and  using his mind not just instinct  to save her)

P.s. talking about the baby  If he not zi  o then there a bigger  possibility  he is son somehow  ( ah no Alice plot I didn't  watch it full but I know how it go ) and about the romance  they have their's own version  of it , I found it funny they talking about killing and want to be human and both find a space to ask of they ever loved before  in middle  of that  kind of conversations :joy: zi  o totally drawing to her even if has no ability  to tell what the name of his feeling  but ep 5 prove  that she equal,  no maybe  more important then  his own safety  and that go against his surviving  instincts  that drive him till now( so she becomes belong to him to have the surviving instincts  work on her too ) 

So zi o will be arrested  from this new video  

The next plan from the preview  take out zi o DNA  , copy in secret  all the database and take samples  from the all subjects  in research ( okay the others baby's :rage:

Then kill everyone , i mean everyone the babys , the research  team maybe  even the one who made zi o, and kill zi o- for sure has to die 

All they need the results  of the experience  not the experience itself or the people who make that happen   

They talk about  making miracle all time when they are just mad people who destroy even miracles as much as they need :rage:

Side note: at least the mad doctor  who  made zi o  look like he care about him at least as his creative but that why I think they going to kill that doctor  first, he has other goals  of why he make zi o then what they have 

Cant wait for today episode I hope zi o can find his lost memory or understand  what happening at least 

EP 5 is just full with heart-wrenching moment. How can this made me feels for the characters than most of the romance drama nowadays?? They are two people who barely know each other, with Gu Reum needs Ji O to find the truth about her parents and Ji O is a loner who is always on the run for reason he doesn't know. 

spacer.png

The dynamic changes between them in this scene, from Gu Reum being overly cautious and keep clutching onto her gun, Ji O walking over to close the distance between them leading to Ji O venting on his feelings and leaning onto Gu Reum and she finally lets her guard down by relaxing her hand. WHO WOULD NOT BE BAWLING BY THAT?! :criesariver:

And then this happen spacer.png

spacer.png

I am just :dead:Ji O usually just runs away but I guess he met someone he truly wants to protect and now he is willing to fight back. They are on the same page now that I really hope will ease their loneliness just a little bit. 

Besides them, I couldn't help but worry about Yi Son and Yoo Na now. Their background as a former army really groom them as someone who would do anything to finish their given mission. Constantly being hit and insult at every moment they failed their mission really messed them up. People might argue that they are grown adult who should know better but even grown adult still can be brainwashed. 

1DtHiVE.png

I still have high hope for Yi Son and Yoo Na and I really want them to be saved. I need them to stay alive and make amends to all  things they did and properly learn and accept that everything they have done is wrong. Tbh, I am getting tired with evil characters/villains need to die to redeem what they have done. That is so wrong on so many levels and being dead doesn't mean you are not accountable to what already happened. You're literally forcing people who were hurt to forget everything and move on without getting their own closure. 

Between  the first photo on the left and the second  and third one's  the prove of twisted  love   ( when people  love  is about owning something  not person ) okay that just a feeling I have when I saw this still's :joy:

0004500145_001_20210216175626291.jpg?typ

Source

the article  talk about zi o rage knowing the true about why he was created  

They going to see the real thing they created , the monster  they wanted not the human he want to be  

I hope the doctor  who made him have a really  and normal affecting  to him  I dont think he know they planning  to kill him after taken what they need 

But  he still human or he was going to kill them all easily as he had many chances  to kill whose chase him  

First , i officially  I hate the doctor  who made zi o ,  just today  i post a hopeful  post about hoping he has some affection  and some love for zi o or at least some humanity in him,  but no he a twisted  monster   more then what he trying to created  

3 hours ago, nona88 said:

Between  the first photo on the left and the second  and third one's  the prove of twisted  love   ( when people  love  is about owning something  not person ) okay that just a feeling I have when I saw this still's :joy:

It was a playful  note about the still's  but not any more twisted  love is not even close to what I saw today, i understand  why people  till now remember  Frankenstein monster when Frankenstein is the name of the one who made it even as story it prove that mad monsters are the human being 

Sorry mant things break my heart in this ep but as much as seeing the way that crazy person  treat and use zi o emotional before anything  also ( I can imagine  he did that to him as child too, he literally  want to control him to be his world again so he was trying to make him burn him memory again so he can make him believe anything he say ) 

Spoiler

He saved him in the end  but that not out of love I understand  enough  korean  to know he saved him cause he the proof of how the doctor is superior  , so yes he dont love him he love himself  his creative and his pride as doctor  there no way he let them kill what he made , a proof how much he a super scientist ) 

Kim Rae Won Strikes Back At Those Who Wronged Him In “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning”

66a3c59189cd4407a9b09268cd77ce06.jpeg?s=

Feb 16, 2021
by L. Kim

Kim Rae Won will start fighting back in the upcoming episode of “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning”!

“L.U.C.A.: The Beginning” is a sci-fi action thriller starring Kim Rae Won as Ji Oh, a man who is being chased for his special abilities, and Lee Da Hee as Gu Reum, a violent crimes detective who is the only one who remembers him. Kim Sung Oh plays Lee Son, who is the chief among Ji Oh’s pursuers and used to be part of the special forces.

Spoilers

Previously, Ji Oh rescued Gu Reum who had been kidnapped by Lee Son and started a counterattack against the his pursuers. He declared, “I’m not running away anymore,” and he arrived in front of Human Tech that holds his secret backstory.

The newly released stills depict an alarming moment between Ji Oh and the people of Human Tech. Ji Oh finally comes across Ryu Joong Kwon (Ahn Nae Sang), the head of the research center. Ryu Joong Kwon is the key to recovering his memory, and he embraces Ji Oh with kindness and warmth. However, he changes 180 degrees after putting Ji Oh on the experimental table, unraveling an uncontrollable madness behind his professional facade. Ji Oh becomes hooked to machines, and smoke creeps out of his mouth. Judging from his distorted expression, he is experiencing devastating pain.

kim-rae-won2.jpg

ahn-nae-sang-kim-rae-won.jpg

Then the tables turn when Ji Oh wakes up. He steps off the experiment table and advances towards the Human Tech employees without any hesitation. His eyes are filled with rage, and it seems like he will undergo a crucial change. Lee Son, Yoo Na (Jung Da Eun), Hwang Jung Ah (Jin Kyung), and Kim Cheol Soo (Park Hyuk Kwon) look alarmed about what will happen next. Ji Oh explodes every time he encounters a crisis, and expectations are high for how he will use his powers against Human Tech.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1454630wpp/kim-rae-won-strikes-back-at-those-who-wronged-him-in-l-u-c-a-the-beginning

The title of the drama has 'beginning' in it. I noticed only now. That means they probably want to make another season if everything goes as planned. How is the rating? 

So we may only know about the baby in the last ep. I really thought it was Lee Da-hee  btw, her dressing shoes and all, but the sound and the build were different could be a trick to confuse us. BTW, what happened in Alice? I don't mind getting spoiled since I won't ever be watching it. 

Just noticed that the boy who plays young Ji-Oh is the same actor who played the young Namgung Min in Awaken. (which is also a tvN show that aired the same time slot right before L.U.C.A.) So this boy's niche is to play the poor kid who is a victim of experiments by a mad scientist.

(In any case, it's really heartbreaking to see those scenes of him as a kid, screaming in terror. Good actor, but very hard to watch.)

After 4 weeks of being treated  as lab animal  , after 4 weeks of being in pain that even he cant handle to the point his heart stop many times  

After 4 weeks thinking even if that person is my father he a monster  even remember  mr Kim words about not having the right to treat animals  like this and remember  Kim himself  who he forget  

All that was not even a drop of the pain he felt  when he enter  that room and  see all the baby's  subject  that was before him and realized  that he was one of  them , born as  lab  experience  

The pain of realizing  that he not even a human from the start , that even the crazy  father and unbelieve story is more mercy  from the fact,   that pain on his face and his scream  was  a new level of  a broken soul :cries:

That why I said I will never forgive  that doctor  not just for what he did to him all his life but  for the emotional  use he did to him, he destroyed  and played  with his emotional in way worse then what he did to his body

Just kill them all really after this episode  they not even human , the woman  was planning  to kill everyone  anyway  if it not for zi o running  and now I think she going to that and make zi o the crazy murder  who did it  

Beginning Ep 5, where Lee Son inject Zi Oh neck several times inside the car, I find that scene very fake.

How can he just poke the needle without focusing on the exact location of the neck where there are several 

veins could be fatal if wrong injected.

7 hours ago, akiera said:

what happened in Alice?

Tbh, I don't remember much because I was determined to forget about that drama. I can't even force myself to watch the very last episode. So what I am about to say about it, my feelings might skew my memory about it. 

Spoiler

It started interesting. With time-travel concept, they tried to make it explainable through science theories. The female main character is a Professor in Physics. I have to say my first impression was good and I was holding on to it as I watched it further. The male lead is a police officer. 

Then it become a convoluted mess, even went bordering incest-y (the male lead is the son of the female lead from the future who came back to the past and raised him, and the male lead and female lead from the present met practically closer in age and you will get them playing house where he is imagining that is his mom who died and the female lead is attracted to him, sort of, but in the end convincing themselves that their past/future version is not themselves, they are different person, where in the real world doesn't make any sense because DNA test will say otherwise), no more theories talked about. I guess the writer just run out of ideas. And the final villain (that I know since I skipped final episode) actually is the male lead himself who travel back in time from years further. You will get to see how Joo Won might look like when he is older and much wrinkle-ier.

Honestly, I don't know how it ended but I did check out the thread and the general feeling I got was it is bad. Kim Hee Sun and Joo Won are great actor/actress but I have to say, the plot ruined the drama and no amount of good acting can saves it. 

So 6 episodes in and they've managed to keep the cat-and-mouse game going - I like it

- I'm really hoping that Zi-O's parentage is just a psyche job to keep him off balance as some eluded to. As bad a past as our boy has endured, it would just be the end to discover Dad really is an evil mad scientist, and Mom is a whacked religious zealot

- Nice to see Bad Guy ML is still kicking. After todays episode I think our Bad Guy/Girl leads know who their employers really are. So lets start the redemption arc - throw in some Bad Guy/Girl romance - Help Zi-O get away - and hopefully in the end, neither one has to die

- So Captain Choi ... still not sure about him.

8 hours ago, kdramagrandma said:
16 hours ago, akiera said:

what happened in Alice?

Tbh, I don't remember much because I was determined to forget about that drama. I can't even force myself to watch the very last episode. So what I am about to say about it, my feelings might skew my memory about it. 

Please don't talk about Alice ...

:headbang:  ( watching the last episode makes you do this .... I watched the last episode )

Its easier to say ... " if they ever write a book on how to destroy a great drama in the last 2 episodes, ALICE will have an entire chapter to itself " 

( I still miss Do-Yeon ) :cry:

Archived