[Drama 2021] L.U.C.A.: The Beginning, 루카

larus

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Seiran029 said:

Usually I tend to avoid sci-fic dramas. Poor CG + illogical plot-holes I have seen in most sci-fic Kdramas made me lose hope in them. The only reason I decided to tune in for this on was LDH, she is such a girl crush and what a pleasure to watch her in such fierce character.

@Seiran029Same  here. LUCA however,  is not that big on special effects or CGI. Which I like becase. This is more action drama type. We laud the director and the writer.. and also the cinematographer because over all production is  good.  The chase scenes, was done well. The alleyway  streets and stairs when Zi O was walking being chased and the lights turn on.  it was good.  The panning of the whole of the area lampost turning on and of . Even though  we see electricity running through hands of Zi O or his eyes suddenly turn different color, there's still story to tell and not just some effetcs drama.

5 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I dont like what Gureum  did. She just brought Zi O to Jong Hwan.

She doesnt want to hurt him but she did it anyway.

Maybe she should have apologized.

Im glad he escaped.   

@rocher22 Oh no.  Is Jong Hwan the professor she asked a favor from the ep 1?  I'm about watch 3 and 4 sub.  everyone in this thread thanks for the ep recaps and updates.

5 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I dont like what Gureum  did. She just brought Zi O to Jong Hwan.

She doesnt want to hurt him but she did it anyway.

Maybe she should have apologized.

Im glad he escaped.   

I agree with you I dont approve  what she did but I can understand  he the only way to find what happen to her parents  something she spend most of her life suffering  from it and let not forget she dont know what we know 

1. That her parents  was involved  in zi o tragedy and not a victims who just happened to get hurt in this mess by accident  ( she properly  still think her parents  was one of the people  who adopted  zi o without knowing what he was as she ask the nun about their name) 

2. In her eyes her parents  just innocent people  and zi o mostly  the one who kill them or cause them to death  and he dont remember  which maxe her more suffering for her

3 . She did see his pain in the test and wasnt in easy  face and mind  but it the only way she know just like it was the only way and choices  to go to the church  first but even that come to endless  road 

She did wrong but she dont even know zi o suffering  as we know or what the true about her parents ( zi o never  tell her about what he remembers about being tested before and she dont know like as how they treat him she still think it a theory  that he was made in lap and the test was to know that ) 

To be honest I did get angry at her at first  feeling sad for zi o but for the same reason zi o didn't  get angry at her cause they both dont know what we know , that why we didn't  feel her reason in ep 4 as we did in the first 3 episodes when we though she and her parents  were just victims that had nothing  to do with zi o suffering  ( even when she keep  beat zi o save her or tell him he a killer that was understand) 

Now we see her  story in new light cause we know a lot but for her it stil the same 

On 2/9/2021 at 10:59 AM, nona88 said:

As child and as adult she survived  JI O electronic  when others get so much hurt or burn   cause of it and yes she healing fast compared  to normal human maybe not  as half  fast as  ji o but sure not  like normal human standard too

She can take all that she took  the past fews  days  and still standing not being hospitalized  for dangers  injure  

Maybe that why she dont know herself  or others notice  since she not as powerful as ji  o and not super fast healing like them but sure she has something  or something  not logic here   

Yes, @nona88 Excellent point. I was thinking this too.  How did she withstand the beating she got, and her face didn't even show black and blue marks??  She must be a LUCA baby too.  ..

New Thought added:  This also may be why Ji O is not afraid of Gu Reum - he reocgnizes his own "kind".

Also, @kdramagrandma said": I also love Yi Son and Yoo Na's interaction because it seems like the writer is not going to set them up just as thoughtless mercenaries. I have high hope for their characters to grow and fight against the crazies. "  I agree with you.  This is making these two villains more interesting and hopefully they will change. But in the meantime they are quite brutal.  

I am still enjoying this series.  More and more I find Ji O endearing in his bizarre quest to find out who he is and at the same time afraid ot find out what he did.

Also, just random observations: I do like the flash backs in this series so far. They always reveal new and essential information. Personally, I find the flash backs in some romantic dramas to be just space fillers and repeats of the same romatic scene over and over.   

But I find that the director's use of the repeat the five sec scene to be cumbersome most of the time because the repeated scene is not that interesting.

The show:

Dark, intense, serious

The bts

ezgif-3-a6f25f47ac00.gif

15 hours ago, akiera said:

Yi Son, is he dead for good now? He is a known actor, so I expected his role to be longer. 

Same, but somehow I have a feeling he's not completely dead? I mean, the way they set the characters, he seemed super determined in his quest to find Ji Oh, and his death seemed super easy. I smell something fishy. And he's part of the leads, Kim Sung Oh did the show's promotion with the same level of exposition as Lee Da Hee and Kim Rae Won... I doubt they would've done that if his character died early in the show. (But maybe I'm wrong :lol:)

--

I'm glad they picked up the pace in episode 3 & 4, delving a bit more into Ji Oh's mysterious past and his link with Gu Reum. The fact that his body shows no instinctive reaction to her is definitely intriguing. She's basically his antidote??

I like the theory that some of you made here, that maybe she also has some light special power which makes her able to withstand injuries more easily. 

That being said, I don't know why, I have a feeling this drama is going to have a sad ending. Maybe Ji Oh sacrificing himself to save Gu Reum / destroy the lab / save potential other kids like him.

@jongski Jong Hwan is the NFS doctor...

11 hours ago, nona88 said:

To be honest I did get angry at her at first  feeling sad for zi o but for the same reason zi o didn't  get angry at her cause they both dont know what we know , that why we didn't  feel her reason in ep 4 as we did in the first 3 episodes when we though she and her parents  were just victims that had nothing  to do with zi o suffering  ( even when she keep  beat zi o save her or tell him he a killer that was understand) 

Now we see her  story in new light cause we know a lot but for her it stil the same 

I agree...He has a soft spot for her and his honest sentences always leave her speechless...

Etw8S-DU0AcW6jZ?format=jpg&name=large

TvN

I think GR have been so obsessed in finding out what happened to her parents that it is all she is living for. So when the person that could answer her question show up, of course that gonna be her priority. But I think she is slowly softening up around him as she listening to what he is saying. I wonder how she gonna react when she learn her own father was deeply involved in JO being like this....

Preview for ep.5.

@akiera, I agree with @accioecho that Yi Son is not dead yet. He is the perfect character that will be the bridge in between the crazies and the righteous side. We have been shown his backstory more than the others, so I think the writer will try to resolve the questions that has been thrown. We need confirmation too that the accident both him and Yoo Na experienced was indeed planned by the crazies to make both of them join the their side as mercenaries although it is safe to assume they really did planned it. 

Yoo Na and Tae O (Yi Son's minions) actually look like twins.:joy: I really like JDE doing action scenes, she's very believable.

Also, one observation here... if I didn't know any better I would've thought Jong Hwan could pass as the older Ha Young Jae.

I am so not used to seeing KRW and LDH de-glamorized for a role. Hehe!

Latest episodes going a bit dark ...

- Lets be honest here ... that nun was creepy. So when it comes to burning down the church, I can sympathize ( but I do feel bad about it ) :rolleyes:

- watching those experiment/torture scenes was rough, that child actor has skills - wow

- and again, the fight scenes are great

- Also loving the moody/dark instrumental music, it makes alot of scenes that much better

- Lead Bad Guy can't die, he's gotta do the whole redemption/love story with Lead Bad Girl ... these 2 are starting to grow on me, I see them ultimately helping Zi-O in some way before the end.

4 episodes in and still liking it

We have new still I am getting curious  now 

0000742678_001_20210214154730635.jpg?typ  p.s. I dont know anymore if I see it funny or really interesting,   the fact that she always fear and aware of him even pointing  a gun  but he so harmless around her and cant see her as danger of stop be drawing  to her  ( when he can be really harmful  to others) 

I think that part what make theirs scenes so interesting 

Okay to be honest  his innocent and uncontrollable drawing toward  her is :fullofhearts:

Source

There something  I have to ask about,  today I rewatched  ep 1 since I liked the drama I thought  I should  watched the start again with more attention  but I had this  thought will watching the first scene 

Did they trick us ? The baby's  in the first scene is he really zi o ?  

Why I am asking since while watching this scene I noticed  the shoes  of the woman  that was running  carrying  him is similar  to GR  shoes  then I notice not the shoe's  but body figure and way of movement  !!!!.

Okay I may be wrong but what if that  scene really from future  events? That explains why they didn't  show her face or make us her that voice over and her unclear voice  

That what happen when I watch live so much crazy details and thoughts :pensive:

Kim Rae Won And Lee Da Hee Begin Risky Cohabitation In “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning”

ba3279d5dece44529dd73ee5dedb7635.jpeg?s=

Feb 14, 2021
by U. Kim

L.U.C.A.: The Beginning” has revealed new stills of Kim Rae Won and Lee Da Hee reunited.

“L.U.C.A.: The Beginning” is a sci-fi action thriller starring Kim Rae Won as Ji Oh, a man who is being chased for his special abilities, and Lee Da Hee as Gu Reum, a violent crimes detective who is the only one who remembers him. Kim Sung Oh plays Lee Son, who is the chief among Ji Oh’s pursuers and used to be part of the special forces.

Spoilers

Previously, the shocking truth behind Ji Oh’s supernatural powers and the Human Tech Laboratory were unveiled. The results of Professor Oh Jong Hwan’s (Lee Hae Young‘s) examination revealed that Ji Oh had six types of genes and was biologically not human. Human Tech had been secretly working on a project to create an evolved version of human beings via genetic mutation. Ji Oh was the only successful specimen and a crucial part that they needed to continue the experiment.

After regaining his memories, Ji Oh became confused and left Gu Reum. However, he was soon caught by Lee Son because of his friend Won Yi’s (Ahn Chang Hwan‘s) betrayal, and he escaped by causing the car to explode. Ji Oh also retrieved his memory of Gu Reum’s father Ha Young Jae (Kim Hyung Min), who was a co-founder and researcher at Human Tech Laboratory.

In the midst of all of the events, Ji Oh and Gu Reum have reunited in newly revealed stills. Although, Ji Oh had coldly pushed Gu Reum away, he is seen staying at her place. Unaccustomed to being inside a home, he carefully surveys his surroundings, not knowing what to do. Even though he has frightening powers that could destroy the world, he’s like an innocent puppy in this moment.

In another image, Ji Oh is spotted in front of a wall covered with case records. He especially pays close attention to a photo from Gu Reum’s childhood and his own personnel card. It remains to be seen if he will tell Gu Reum about what he has remembered about her father.

luca-the-beginning-kim-rae-won-lee-da-he

Suddenly, Gu Reum has a gun pointed at Ji Oh, who has entered her bedroom, and he only looks back at her blankly. What will become of the dangerous cohabitation?

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1454171wpp/kim-rae-won-and-lee-da-hee-begin-risky-cohabitation-in-l-u-c-a-the-beginning

2 hours ago, nona88 said:

There something  I have to ask about,  today I rewatched  ep 1 since I liked the drama I thought  I should  watched the start again with more attention  but I had this  thought will watching the first scene 

Did they trick us ? The baby's  in the first scene is he really zi o ?  

Why I am asking since while watching this scene I noticed  the shoes  of the woman  that was running  carrying  him is similar  to GR  shoes  then I notice not the shoe's  but body figure and way of movement  !!!!.

Okay I may be wrong but what if that  scene really from future  events? That explains why they didn't  show her face or make us her that voice over and her unclear voice  

That what happen when I watch live so much crazy details and thoughts :pensive:

You're right, I watched the scene again and that woman could be Gureum...  :unsure:

new stills

Archived