[Drama 2021] L.U.C.A.: The Beginning, 루카

larus

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim Rae Won And Lee Da Hee Get Tangled Up In Complex Emotions In Upcoming Drama “L.U.C.A”

f09ad4eaa2214ed08a0b5c26379e9b27.jpeg?s=

Jan 20, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “L.U.C.A” has unveiled new stills of its lead actors Kim Rae Won and Lee Da Hee!

“L.U.C.A” is an action thriller about a man named Ji Oh (Kim Rae Won) who is being chased for his special abilities, and a violent crimes detective named Gu Reum (Lee Da Hee), who is the only one who remembers him.

The new stills show the rocky relationship between Ji Oh and Gu Reum. Their fierce hostility towards each other adds tension to the story, and they don’t hesitate to get into a physical fight. The two people will become entangled in dangerous fate, and they will have no choice but to rely on each other.

lee-da-hee-kim-rae-won.jpg

Despite their extreme situation and rugged relationship, there is also a soft side to their partnership. In the newly released photos, Ji Oh leans his head on Gu Reum’s shoulder and closes his eyes as he rests his tired body. They exchange intense gazes, stimulating curiosity about what lies ahead of them.

kim-rae-won-lee-da-hee-3.jpg

The transformation of Ji Oh and Gu Reum’s relationship is one of the key points of the drama.

Kim Rae Won commented, “Although Gu Reum’s character isn’t an easy one to portray due to the nature of the genre, actor Lee Da Hee played it passionately well. She’s a great partner.” Lee Da Hee also praised her co-star, saying, “His delicate and realistic performance is amazing. I watched his acting and referred to it a lot.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1449685wpp/kim-rae-won-and-lee-da-hee-get-tangled-up-in-complex-emotions-in-upcoming-drama-l-u-c-a

16 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

@larus Chingu, how do you expect this drama to be. I am kind of two hearted right now, don't know whether I watch it or not. 

I will watch it. It is short, only 12 episodes. But I won`t have expectation. I am hoping it will be good.

Just watching the teasers for LUCA and Sisyphus I am tired with the explosions and action scenes. :lol: I am curious if the plot will captivate my interest. We`ll see.

10 minutes ago, larus said:

I will watch it. It is short, only 12 episodes. But I won`t have expectation. I am hoping it will be good.

Just watching the teasers for LUCA and Sisyphus I am tired with the explosions and action scenes. :lol: I am curious if the plot will captivate my interest. We`ll see.

I didn't know it is short. I will go for it then, maybe will think about watching it or not after seeing how the first 2 episodes are. As for Sisyphus, I agree with you, I didn't expect it to have that much explosions, gun shots and action scenes, I mean those were the only thing the teaser actually had :joy:

9 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Oh so this drama is only going to have 12 episodes?

Yes. 12 episodes.

Kim Rae Won And Lee Da Hee Talk About Taking On New Challenge With “L.U.C.A,” Doing Action Scenes, And More

Jan 21, 2021
by L. Kim

f36ec4831bc94baf88c9f078ceca48b8.jpeg?s=

Kim Rae Won and Lee Da Hee of the upcoming tvN drama “L.U.C.A” participated in a photo shoot for fashion magazine 1st Look!

The two actors impressed with their bold poses and sophisticated fashion. Kim Rae Won exuded charisma with his unique aura, and Lee Da Hee showcased glamor with her stylish poses and expressions.

In an interview following the photo shoot, they talked about “L.U.C.A,” an action thriller about a man named Ji Oh (Kim Rae Won) who is being chased for his special abilities, and a violent crimes detective named Gu Reum (Lee Da Hee), who is the only one who remembers him.

“L.U.C.A” marks Kim Rae Won’s first drama in three years. He said, “It’s my first time acting in this kind of genre, and I decided to take part in it because of my faith in director Kim Hong Sun as well as the production crew.”

Then he commented, “I’m making an effort to portray realistic acting. ‘L.U.C.A’ is an especially meaningful challenge for me because I have to create my character in a new way.”

Lee Da Hee talked about action scenes, saying, “Action scenes are difficult to film, but I feel proud and joyful when the scene comes out great.”

Then she said, “My character is similar to me, so I want to portray myself as much as possible while showing great acting.”

Spoiler

kim-rae-won-lee-da-hee-2.jpg

kim-rae-won-lee-da-hee-12.jpg

more pictures https://www.soompi.com/article/1449923wpp/kim-rae-won-and-lee-da-hee-talk-about-taking-on-new-challenge-with-l-u-c-a-doing-action-scenes-and-more

Watch: Kim Rae Won Fights To Survive As He Struggles To Remember His Identity In New Drama “L.U.C.A”

Jan 22, 2021
by J. K

fcb6e67033294a54b77a04b795138e29.jpeg?s=

tvN’s upcoming drama “L.U.C.A” shared exciting new stills and a teaser video!

“L.U.C.A” is an action thriller about a man named Ji Oh (Kim Rae Won) who is being chased for his special abilities, and a violent crimes detective named Gu Reum (Lee Da Hee), who is the only one who remembers him.

On January 22, the show unveiled stills of a tense confrontation between Ji Oh and Lee Son (Kim Sung Oh), who is the chief among Ji Oh’s pursuers and used to be part of the special forces. They also stare at each other from a distance, creating at atmosphere that has drama fans wondering about their connection.

Ji Ho is engaging in a lonely fight after being thrown out into the world with abilities that could change the world and a secret. Lee Son is cruelly chasing after Ji Oh with a beast-like instinct for the hunt. The spectacle of the action in the show is expected to be on a whole other level and it’s hinted at in this battle between Ji Oh, who’s fighting to survive, and the crazed Lee Son, who can gain control over his opponent in one go. Many are curious to find out why Lee Son is so obsessed with Ji Oh that he would risk his life to catch him.

Kim Rae Won commented that “L.U.C.A” would not have been complete without Kim Sung Oh in the role of the evil Lee Son. “He put on such an incredible performance that I can’t even imagine a version of Lee Son not played by Kim Sung Oh,” he said. Kim Sung Oh shared, “I had a lot of action and chase scenes with actor Kim Rae Won, and although it was difficult and intense work that required subtle power control, our teamwork was great.”

kim-sung-oh-2.jpeg

kim-rae-won-2.jpeg

Spoiler

kim-rae-won-kim-sung-oh.jpeg

In addition, a new teaser video has been shared for the show, described as a guide to Ji Oh. It begins with Ji Oh saying, “When I come to, it’s always a new world to me.” Outside in the dark, he is in a daze with blood all over his face when a police officer says to him, “Tell me your name and resident registration number.” Ji Oh replies, “I don’t remember.”

He collapses when he gets on a bus, and his voice narrates, “I feel like I’ve been thrown away without even knowing who I am.” A caption reads, “Now I have to find my memories,” and clips show potential hints at his identity. Then he’s packing his things and running away, but he stops in his tracks when he sees people approaching

“I’m scared of people,” he says. “If I were the devil, would I be this scared of people?” Lee Da Hee’s voice says, “I’m curious. So you need to remember too. What it was that happened.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1450245wpp/watch-kim-rae-won-fights-to-survive-as-he-struggles-to-remember-his-identity-in-new-drama-lu-c-a

Watch: Kim Rae Won Faces Against Endless Struggles In Teaser For New Drama “L.U.C.A”

77c6ef234ae84593b63388dafba85c08.jpeg?s=

Jan 24, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN’s new drama “L.U.C.A” shared an action-packed teaser starring its lead actor Kim Rae Won!

“L.U.C.A” is an action thriller about a man named Ji Oh (Kim Rae Won) who is being chased for his special abilities, and a violent crimes detective named Gu Reum (Lee Da Hee), who is the only one who remembers him.

In the newly released teaser for the upcoming drama, Ji Oh experiences countless obstacles as he attempts to escape the people who are hunting him down for his supernatural ability. He suffers from raging fires, falls off a building, and fights against people he can’t trust. The caption reads, “His action instincts have awakened,” and his eyes turn an unusual shade of blue as he screams in fury.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1450417wpp/watch-kim-rae-won-faces-against-endless-struggles-in-teaser-for-new-drama-l-u-c-a

Feeling I'll get a good drama out this one because... The director the writer the cast. Even if it's only 12 episodes.

Director: Kim Hong Seon (Voice, Black, The Guest)

Writer: Chun Sung Il (Your Honor, The Package, The Slave Hunters)

I am intrigue what Ji Oh's (KRW character) superpower will be.

cr:@

Ji Oh's characther has ths "feelings of loneliness from being abandoned"

We'll see romance here. Yes?

cr: tvn

EsPy8PDVkAElV0d?format=jpg&name=small

cr:@

Watch: Kim Rae Won And Lee Da Hee Lean On Each Other During Intense Battle In “L.U.C.A.” Teaser

77d81234b82847deb2fd4ae23ca8e5ea.jpeg?s=

Jan 25, 2021
by J. K

“L.U.C.A.” shared a highlight video that previews more of the show’s action and thrills!

The upcoming tvN drama is about a man named Ji Oh (Kim Rae Won) who is being chased for his special abilities, and a violent crimes detective named Gu Reum (Lee Da Hee), who is the only one who remembers him. Kim Sung Oh appears as Lee Son, who is the chief among Ji Oh’s pursuers and used to be part of the special forces.

The new highlight video reveals a further glimpse of the intriguing universe of the story and the impressive action and performances. It begins with a clip of Ji Oh defending himself in a fight as he sets off sparks of blue light, giving a hint of his special abilities. Bloodied from the battle, he looks down at his hands and his voice is heard saying, “I don’t know why I’m here or how I got here.”

The video goes on to show Ji Oh running and fighting to evade his pursuers. Gu Reum says, “I’ve remembered exactly who you are.” Following the scenes of intense fighting, Ji Oh leans on the shoulder of Gu Reum, his only safe haven as he struggles in his lonely battle.

Gu Reum is also shown sleeping on Ji Oh’s shoulder as they sit together. When he takes her hand, Lee Son says as a narration, “He’s always just running away. That was the first time I saw him save someone.” It appears that Ji Oh and Gu Reum have become entwined by fate, and a caption reads, “She is the only one who lives in Ji Oh’s memory.” Ji Oh says, “If I survive this, I’ll go to you.”

Meanwhile, Lee Son and Ji Oh are locked in a chilling showdown, with Lee Son chasing Ji Oh with beast-like instincts. “This is the beginning,” says Lee Son. “But if you don’t show up, I’m going to kill everyone you know.” Ji Oh’s rage reaches its extreme and he shows astounding strength.

The teaser also gives a further look at the employees of the “Human Tech” research center that lies at the core of the story in “L.U.C.A.” Ryu Joong Kwon (played by Ahn Nae Sang) is the research center’s director and he’s obsessed with the idea of creating the perfect human. Lee Son says to him with tears falling down his face, “Make me stronger.”

Jin Kyung plays Hwang Jung Ah, a mysterious character who established Human Tech and hired the greatest scientists for her mission. “A new era will dawn,” she says, making drama fans even more curious about the secrets and plans of the characters in “L.U.C.A.” Meanwhile, Ji Oh becomes stronger as he fights against these foes. He gives off an intense aura as he stands in front of flames, giving the warning, “Try to kill me. I’m going to survive until the end and kill everyone.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1450671wpp/watch-kim-rae-won-and-lee-da-hee-lean-on-each-other-during-intense-battle-in-l-u-c-a-teaser

What To Look Out For In Kim Rae Won And Lee Da Hee’s Upcoming Action-Packed Drama “L.U.C.A.”

f7e5702fe6ef44a384a1c11932bbb29f.jpeg?s=

Jan 27, 2021
by C. Hong

tvN’s upcoming drama “L.U.C.A.” is nearing its premiere!

“L.U.C.A.” is an action thriller about a man named Ji Oh (Kim Rae Won), who is being chased for his special abilities, and a violent crimes detective named Gu Reum (Lee Da Hee), who is the only one who remembers who he is. It also stars Kim Sung Oh, Kim Sang Ho, Park Hyuk Kwon, Ahn Nae Sang, Jin Kyung, and more.

The drama is being directed by Kim Hong Sun, the master of “genre” dramas like “Voice” and “the Guest,” and written by Chun Sung Il, who has worked on popular films such as “The Pirates” and “My Girlfriend Is An Agent.” Ahead of the drama’s premiere on February 1, the production staff shared reasons why viewers should tune in for the new show.

Director Kim Hong Sun said, “It’s a cool action drama that also has fun, fantastical elements as Ji Oh’s secret unfolds.” Screenwriter Chun Sung Il said, “I tried not to take the ‘obvious route’ and wanted to avoid an ending that people would be able to predict.”

The drama is based on the concept of genetic modification and human evolution. “L.U.C.A.,” the title, comes from the acronym “Last Universal Common Ancestor,” the organism from which all life descended. Chun Sung Il said, “I started with the question, ‘Humans are always trying to change everything except themselves, so why would they stop at other humans?’ I then moved on to thinking about a story about the end of loneliness. Ji Oh is a unique person with special abilities that no one else has. I thought that being the ‘only one of your kind’ would be very lonely.”

The writer added that he had named Gu Reum (cloud in Korean) because she is the only one who can complete his lonely world. “When we’re told to draw the sky, we usually add clouds,” he said. “Skies need clouds to be complete. Gu Reum is the only one who accepts Ji Oh as he is, and she is necessary to him to complete his world.”

On top of the unique worldbuilding is the huge spectacle of the drama’s action scenes. Cinematographer Choi Young Hwan, who worked on films like “Veteran,” “The Berlin File,” and “The Thieves,” said, “Just as I wanted to try something new, I came across this script. It was the most exciting script I’d read in a while. My focus was on keeping my individual style that I’d developed through films.” Kim Hong Sun added, “We shot in a way that was more like film direction [than TV direction]. If you watch the drama, you will be able to feel Choi Young Hwan’s style.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1450872wpp/what-to-look-out-for-in-kim-rae-won-and-lee-da-hees-upcoming-action-packed-drama-l-u-c-a

Archived