[Drama 2021] L.U.C.A.: The Beginning, 루카

larus

I knew if. Capt. Choi is in with the evil NIS person Cheol Soo. He was superficially caring but there was this underlying sleaziness in him that is almost tangible. Goo Reum is good at analysis and sizing up people but she failed to read the chief, when it's already clear that he's not that truthful.

This show is captivating because the take is different from Awaken.

Off topic: It's just like comparing TIMES with KAIROS. I find the former more engaging.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont blame the one who delivered  it :joy:

202102231307275111573_20210223131004_01_ someone  living  like a new weeding couple   i happy  to see them have a little  rest and  breath but i fear more knowing where it going to go ( okay  baby  in ep 1 maybe  really  be there baby's, please no tragedy  ending  for them) 

I have finally  time to write about ep 7 

But before side note

Spoiler

that I am getting too busy and confused about how many good dramas we have this month  I know they was delayed aired and shooting  cause the covid  and they all fall into this month  airing  cause of that

but I have to say,  it crime to make us have all that at once I trying hard to catch everything  and didn't  even have the chance to write about most of them :sweat_smile: i am going to start this weekend  after catching all of them ( my already busy life  suffering  a crisis  now , but I cant miss all the good one, it being along to see all that good dramas and all the different styles and storylines together)

Okay back to ep 7 ;  I really loved  all the episode  from emotional  development of all the characters  and the acting and the turn  of the evening  ( I am trying to forget that they really treated Gr  more super human then all the people  who having super power there she even get less harm  from the bad guy who need super treatment  to survive  Gr  electric shock:unamused:)

Maybe I am sad how much they frame , destroy  and betray  Gr  in this episode  but I am okay with it since from the still we know it going to help the romance :blush: 

I am joking I am okay cause it realistic  , people  with power  who can frame and convince  the whole nation  of facts that dont exist, and cause Gr sadly needed  to understand  how Zi o lived his life chased, fear of his life , have no one to trust  and the feeling  of the all the world's  against  him ( okay she have zi o and he have her at least now) 

I cant say I pity or feeling the bad guys couple  they maybe suffering  frame and were used a lot but yeh they aware that they not only killing people  who involved or bad people  , they know they killing even innocent cause they accident involved somehow  

That not the only  problem  here the fact that the man so crazy about getting normal hand or even taking  zi o hand is making things worst , I know zi o who run his hand , but he living like monster  and his reason  are all selfish  and he lies to himself  even when he smart enough  to know that the people  he work for is using and tells him lies 

He living  in his own deny world  and choose to not admit  the true since admit it mean admitting he was wrong all this time and he was not a victim  to zi o or work for the national but for crazy criminals  ( he suspect  what the girl suspected, but he choose to deny that)  what he fear the most is  to admit he was wrong all this time that why he choose  to keep on , not loyalty or senses of responsibility or cause he really believes  he and his hand have  hope,  it the fear of facing himself what making him keep going 

At some  point the true will be out to his face where he cant deny  it anymore since he already  at his limit of doing it, but the question  what road he will take when he really face and admit  the monster inside him more then the monsters inside the people around him 

Edit ; I forgot  from the preview  the bad guys lost the way to make the angel babys:unamused: I woundering  who betray  who's this time :joy: but what important  they need zi o now again  , no they will need his and Gr  baby more then anything and more then zi o himself if the baby was successful  born, it a  so ready success miracle to them ( I know where this going please  noooo) 

1 hour ago, kdramaddict01 said:

Is this drama really only 12 episodes?

Yes which freaking  me out only two  weeks  the events going to fast moving from now on and sure we will have time jumps or flowing fast  in the coming episode just like in ep 6 were month was moved  with zi o in that lap 

@nona88oh no!  Only 12 episodes...now I’m worried that the final episode will be a cliffhanger and leave us wondering.  I really want a happy ending please!  Then again, after thinking more about that first scene with person with the baby.  If it’s a flash forward (future scene) then I don’t think it’s the “ending” scene of the drama so there is hope that after the baby falls there could be a “rescue” and happy ending. 

My friends  ep 8 must be watching  I can watched many time without  sub even

They killing me they made it so natural  so fast but not bad even the fast events  looked slow and beautiful  and enjoyable  and natural  and just fit there with the characters  

I really love this drama how could they switch from acting  to sweet like switching  between  day and night in most harmony  way :heart:

okay after one ep I really feeling  going to kill someone  if anything happened  to them or to their baby  

Watched ep 8 before subs and understand absolutely nothing. But anyhow, this ep made me wanna see LDH in a tortured role. Something like Han Jung Eum's role in secret? In I Hear Your Voice, LDH was still stiff, but I thought there were glimpses of excellent expression from her, especially when the character was feeling torn. I want to see her carry such role. 

I don't think this drama is that challenging to KRW, though. It's just I think he has too many power/charging scenes. Today's episode probably has the widest emotional spectrum we get from ZO. 

Maybe because KRW's role isn't too complicated, both leads seem at par with each other. Because if more was required from KRW, LDH might appear lacking. 

I'm almost afraid of watching the finale, because I just feel like the ending will be somewhat disappointing. That's one of the difficulties face by the sci-fi/fantasy genre... 

14 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I hope these to have a happy ending.

couldn't agree more. Fingers crossed.

@nona88@rocher22  and others thanks for the post. The pictures tho:wub:

@dzareth I prefer to see KRW something like his character in Punch. I want to see him in legal thriller, or a murder mystery. or politcal mystery thriller. But I like this too. It's something different for him I suppose.  I'm not familiar with the LDH. I'm sure I've seen her in other dramas.

I like  this drama. It's engaging and I continue to watch this. At least I don't find this cringy at all. :)

That why I said zi o should tell GR the truth  about her parents  :dissapointed_relieved: now she going to hear half of the true from the bad guys , he should  tell her about them making more babies like him 

But they lived together  for a year ( do you believe  they make a year pass in one episode and it was so sweet to the point I felt the months  really happened  not just jumping without feeling it) 

What I mean they lived  together for a year, they had happy  times, she understand  him and his pain now so let say he really killed her parents  or she believe that and couldn't  forgive  him.   but still that dont mean GR  character  would believe  or join a hand with the bad guys since she has a baby  to protect ( and really he was only 8 -10 years  old  back then, even if he kill them cause he lost control  not even in human  world they make a kid a murderer  cause he killed  by mistake, and she know he has hard time to control his power as adult how as child ) 

And Gr  character  smart even if they was right about zi o involved  in her parents  death, even if they lies about  that they was trying to catching him to save innocents  from him,  still she saw them kill people  and kill even the prof and she saw them trying even to kill her and frame her  and she saw what shady  experience  they were doing ,

that mean as her character  she will never trust them or at least she know going with zi o till she far from them is the smart  move ( even if she want to kill him later) 

Why I am writing  all that?, I am trying to convince  myself  it going to be okay they not going to make stupid  plot  where GR  decides  to trust or stay with the bad guys even if she hated zi o ( dont make her do stupid  things  that her character  never  did even when  she didn't  trust  zi o  and knows nothing  about who chase  him) 

And besides,  as someone  like  her who go through  the fact that those people  can frame  evidence  and have police and NFC work with them, she witness herself  how they made her murderers with evidence  so how someone  like her  should ever believe  any words or evidence  those people  give or anyone  tell about zi o ???????? We okay as long as the writer  keep  doing great job  with keeping  logic  in his characters personality :sweat_smile:

But still I dont feel okay, I am going crazy I really dont  want anything  to happen  to them, this one episode  with most simple and humble life and happiness  they had (one year) had so deep affect on me , it was the dreamlife even with little things - it not about romance here,   it about  something  deep inside  of the human they touched in this episode, it about the simple desire of being really happy and safe with someone, something we really wish for and find hard in this life , someone  tell me please  they going to be okay !!! 

I just feel like zi o now when he was sitting  in that room holding  his baby's  shoes and feeling that this world should be destroyed if he cant even  have that 

P.s  sorry for long and emotional  post they break  my heart in few minutes , just live please  the three of you, Gr be smart please and just survive  please 

On 2/23/2021 at 4:57 AM, backstreetboysfan said:

Episode 7, was awesome.  I believe Gu Reum is the only one that will keep him grounded. Aww that hug and the way there protect each other 

Opening Ep 7 sees Zi-O after receiving RJK injection,began to show greater strength in his fight against the villians. Finally we get to see  Zi-O hugged GR  and the scene where GR was hurled out from the window was a painful one. Poor GR keeps getting hurt.  I have lost count how many times GR gets,yet she can still get up to fight.

Honestly speaking, those few months old babies should not in the fire scene...inhealing all those smoke.

OMG ! did not expect Captain to be on the bad side. GR expertise in analyzing and sizing up people failed to read the Captain.

I wonder if TVN had plan for season 2 before the series even started. First, the title itself, LUCA: The Beginning. And now into the second half, we see the two leads married and have a baby who's possibly special like Ji Oh. I'm starting to think that JI & GR or one of them will die in the final episode, the kid survives. If they want to do another season, I hope the plot will be different (development from s1) and no repetitive events. 

Congrats LUCA on hitting 6.118% for yesterday's episode!

Wow - from farm date to family in 1 episode - nice

I know I'm setting myself up for heartache but I can't help it - I'm really enjoying the Bad Guy/Girl love story.  She steals the info and sacrifices herself to win his freedom, and he lies about finding her when he has been ordered to kill her. The way this going, you just know one will die for the other in the end :tears: - I love these 2

That farm explosion in the end was the biggest yet - I wonder how much of his memories thats gonna cost him.

Long wait til next week

On 2/22/2021 at 8:26 PM, reddragon said:

I knew if. Capt. Choi is in with the evil NIS person Cheol Soo. He was superficially caring but there was this underlying sleaziness in him that is almost tangible. Goo Reum is good at analysis and sizing up people but she failed to read the chief, when it's already clear that he's not that truthful.

This show is captivating because the take is different from Awaken.

Off topic: It's just like comparing TIMES with KAIROS. I find the former more engaging.

Yes you called it @reddragon,  Capt. Choi fooled me.

4 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Opening Ep 7 sees Zi-O after receiving RJK injection,began to show greater strength in his fight against the villians. Finally we get to see  Zi-O hugged GR  and the scene where GR was hurled out from the window was a painful one. Poor GR keeps getting hurt.  I have lost count how many times GR gets,yet she can still get up to fight.

Honestly speaking, those few months old babies should not in the fire scene...inhealing all those smoke.

OMG ! did not expect Captain to be on the bad side. GR expertise in analyzing and sizing up people failed to read the Captain.

I am also confused how GR can be beat up and so quickly recover, her skin remains perfect and unblemished, not a black and blue mark after she has been punched several times in the face, ... I thought she was given enhanced genes but nothing has been said about this at all.

And, yes, those little babies they moved from the fire... what happened to them? I know Zi O needed to take GR to the hospital but I thought for sure somehow he would have moved the babies to some shelter?

Episode 8

This was heart wrenching.  It is now all too clear that the little baby thrown off the balcony in the first scene is Zi ) and GR's tiny unnamed baby girl.  I am so worried about them.

As difficult as it was to watch some of this, what really frustrated me, was  GR making that telephone call from the hospital.  After all her parents were missing for years.  What was the rush? Yes, they were found and it could be that the inside of the car was burned out by Zi O... HOWEVER,  she is a detective with special investigating experience. She had to know that call could be traced,and she should  have waited to call from a safe space.  That just made me annoyed.

Lee Son's character - lost all sympathy for him when he killed Dr. Kim in cold blood like that.. or it brought me back to realty that this thug cannot be fully redeemed in this life.  Maybe more hope for Yoo Na,  she is doing everything she can for him. Although, he does cover for her too, after he was told to kill her, so I guess that makes him more human... sort of.  I know, he had a bad break. but this guy is way too sinister to survive the series, unless there is another season.

The exploding surrogate angel mom scene was hilarious.

:onfirex:

That's one for the books.

Archived