tvN Drama

L.U.C.A.

EqSlH1SUcAIinqg?format=jpg&name=medium

Drama: LUCA/ Last Universal Common Ancestor

Hangul:루카

Genre: sci-fi

Network: tvN

Episodes: 12

Director: Kim Hong Seon (Voice, Black, The Guest)

Writer: Chun Sung Il (Your Honor, The Package, The Slave Hunters)

Release Date: February 1, 2021

Runtime:Monday & Tuesday 21:00

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Plot

“LUCA” is based on Charles Darwin’s proposition that all species of life have descended over time from common ancestors.

“LUCA” tells a story about a person who was born into the mysterious world of genetics and thrust alone into society

Notes

Ji Chang Wook has declined the offer for the main lead character.

Cast

Kim Rae Won as Ji Oh

Lee Da Hee as Goo Reum

Kim Sung Oh as Lee Son

Kim Sang Ho as Choi Jin-hwan

Kim Min Gwi as Tae Oh

Ahn Nae-Sang as Ryu Joong-Kwon

Jin Kyung as Hwang Jung-A

Park Hyuk-Kwon as Kim Cheol-Soo

Jung Da Eun as Yoo-na

Lee Joong-Ok as Kim Hwang-Sik

Han Kyu- Won as Kim Jin-soo

Jung Eun Chae as (cameo)

Character descriptions

Kim-Rae-Won.jpeg

Ji Oh (Kim Rae Won) is a taciturn man who is thrust into the world without a single clue of who he is and who has a different “strength” and “secret” compared to ordinary people. After endless confliects with those who are searching for themselves, Ji Oh must work to find answers to the numerous questions surrounding his own existence.

“The man who is being chased while hiding his abilities that will change the world.” With wounds on his face and eyes full of loneliness and anger, Ji Oh must face off against those who are pursuing him for his special abilities.

Lee-Da-Hee.jpeg

Gu Reum (Lee Da Hee) is transferred from the Major Crimes Investigative Unit while investigating the corruption of a superior officer. Gu Reum is a person who acts before she thinks and bulldozes on ahead once she makes up her mind. She ends up with her life turned upside down when she meets with Ji Oh while on the case of a missing child. Her parents disappeared when she was only a young child. Goo-Reum chases after the truth behind her parents' disappearance.

“The only woman who remains in Ji Oh’s memory.”

Kim-Sung-Oh.jpeg

Lee Son ( Kim Sung Oh) is a spy who formerly served in the special forces.“The man who hunts down Ji Oh with beast-like instincts.” His piercing gaze is proof of his innate skill and hints at the nerve-racking chase that is certain to take place.

Character chart

EsNjBdHWMAYB4YE?format=jpg&name=large

credit: accioecho

Posters

kim-rae-won-2.jpeg

2021010411071201398d3244b4fed18217218612

2021010411074408435d3244b4fed18217218612

20210118120746_6004fb81e39b2_1.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Ji Chang Wook In Talks For His Next Drama After “Melting Me Softly”

Nov 18, 2019
by U. Kim
c89eead4c6874d1e8343eec0dd155922.jpeg?s=

Ji Chang Wook’s next drama may be decided soon!

On November 18, Sports Donga reported that Ji Chang Wook is in the final stages of reviewing his next project after tvN’s “Melting Me Softly.” The drama he was offered is director Kim Hong Seon’s “LUCA” (Last Universal Common Ancestor, tentative title). Kim Hong Seon has directed OCN’s “Voice,” “Black,” and “The Guest.” The director and Ji Chang Wook have previously worked together through SBS’s “Warrior Baek Dong Soo.”

Ji Chang Wook’s agency Glorious Entertainment stated to Star Today, “It is true that he was offered a role in ‘LUCA.’ He is reviewing the offer.”

According to Sports Donga, “LUCA” will be a 12-episode pre-produced drama and air on tvN around early or mid 2020.

A source from tvN shared, “‘LUCA’ is one of the projects we are thinking of scheduling in, and nothing has been decided. It is true that we offered Ji Chang Wook a role, but his appearance has not been confirmed yet.”

“LUCA” is based on Charles Darwin’s proposition that all species of life have descended over time from common ancestors. Genetics is a topic that has not been dealt with in Korean dramas. A broadcasting industry source shared, “Ji Chang Wook is working hard to show his various sides and make a transformation through acting. Through ‘LUCA,’ you will be able to see a side of Ji Chang Wook that you haven’t been able to see.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1366406wpp/ji-chang-wook-in-talks-for-his-next-drama-after-melting-me-softly

Kim Rae Won in Talks for Genetic Sci -Fi K-drama LUCA

http://koalasplayground.com/2020/01/25/kim-rae-won-in-talks-for-genetics-sci-fi-k-drama-luca/#more-100587

Lee Da Hee And Kim Rae Won In Talks To Star In New Darwin-Inspired Sci-Fi Drama

Jan 29, 2020
by E. Cha
92d6ecd53ff5473aa5b212029cac2341.jpeg?s=
Jan 29, 2020
by E. Cha

Lee Da Hee and Kim Rae Won may be starring in an intriguing new sci-fi drama!

On January 29, Lee Da Hee’s agency Huayi Brothers Korea confirmed that the actress had been offered a leading role in the upcoming drama “LUCA.” A representative of the agency stated, “She has received a casting offer and is currently in talks.”

Kim Rae Won’s agency HB Entertainment previously confirmed that the actor was in talks to play the drama’s male lead last week. On January 22, the agency stated, “Kim Rae Won has received a casting offer for ‘LUCA,’ and he is currently in the process of reviewing it.”

“LUCA,” which stands for Last Universal Common Ancestor, is a concept inspired by Charles Darwin’s “On the Origin of Species,” in which the scholar first proposed the theory of universal common descent from a shared ancestor.

The upcoming drama will tell the story of an elite scientist who, after facing personal hardship, creates a new living organism to speed up the process of human evolution. 

Although Ji Chang Wook was previously in talks for the drama, he reportedly turned down the leading role in favor of starring in Lifetime’s upcoming webtoon adaptation “Convenience Store Saet Byul” (literal title).

“LUCA” will be helmed by Kim Hong Sun, the director behind “Voice” and “The Guest,” and penned by Chun Sung Il, the writer behind “Your Honor” and “Slave Hunters” (“Chuno”). The drama is currently in talks to air on either tvN or OCN, and it is expected to premiere sometime in the second half of this year.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1379956wpp/lee-da-hee-and-kim-rae-won-in-talks-to-star-in-new-darwin-inspired-sci-fi-drama

• Like 1

Kim Moo Yeol might appear in drama LUCA

72780_35947_3116.jpg

On the 29th January, a member of the agency, Plane TPC, officially announced in a call with Bepriport that "Kim Moo-Yeol is being proposed and reviewing the new drama 'Last Universal Common Ancestor (LUCA)'."

'LUCA' is written by Cheon Sung-il, who wrote 'Chuno', 'Escaper Plan B', 'Level 7 Civil Service', 'The Package', 'To Dear Judge', etc. Director Kim Hong-sun, who directed the guest, etc., catches the megaphone. Currently, we are discussing with tvN.

Actor Kim Rae-won and Lee Da-hee are said to be on the protagonist list, and Kim Moo-yeol joined forces to pay attention to the golden lineup. If Kim Moo-yeol's appearance is confirmed, it will return to CRT in about 2 years after 'KBS Drama Special 2018-The Forgotten Season'.

http://www.beffreport.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=72780

Actor Kim Seong-oh joins the drama 'Luca'.

154028041453_1_141811.jpg

As a result of reporting on Joy News 24 on the 1st, Kim Seong-oh decided to appear on tvN's new drama 'LUCA' and is preparing to shoot.

'Luca' begins with Charles Darwin's 'Origin of Species' and is a story about genetics. Kim Rae-won and Lee Da-hee will appear as male and female protagonists, and Kim Seong-oh will join and complete the powerful actor lineup.

Seong-Oh Kim is appearing in 'Luca' following JTBC 'Elegant Friends' scheduled to be broadcast in May.

'Luca' is written by Cheon Sung-il, author of 'Chuno' and 'To Dear Judge', and directed by Kim Hong-sun, 'Voice' and 'Hand the guest'. It will start shooting in April, and aims to broadcast tvN in the second half.

http://www.joynews24.com/view/1254737

http://news.kmib.co.kr/article/view.asp?arcid=0014080626&code=61181111&cp=nv

I like the cast. I don`t know if Kim Moo Yeol will appear or not. I hope Kim Sung Oh have a different role than Kim Moo Yeol so both will apprear in this drama. :D

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] LUCA - Premieres in second half 2020

@larus Thanks for this thread. I hope Kim Moo Yeol part of this drama too. and if he is.

Oh them men! Kim Rae Won, Kim Moo Yeol, Kim Seung Oh- even though not really familiar with him.

I noticed it's 12 episodes?  The story plot intrigues.

"The upcoming drama will tell the story of an elite scientist who, after facing personal hardship, creates a new living organism to speed up the process of human evolution."

Yes. I want to see smart sci-fi drama with good acting, good writing and directing and cinematography. I''ll be checking this.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jongski said:

Oh them men! Kim Rae Won, Kim Moo Yeol, Kim Seung Oh- even though not really familiar with him.

Not familiar with Kim Seung Oh? I saw him in 3-4 dramas in supporting roles. He is good. So far I am familiar with all the cast. I  can not guess the plot so It is intriguing.

Yeah, I wish to see Kim Moo yeol on the screen again. We`ll see if he will confirm.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Lee Da Hee And Kim Rae Won Confirmed To Star In New tvN Drama

Apr 14, 2020
by K. Z
535863ba36284fb39d0b00026e2f2d4d.jpeg?s=

Kim Rae Won and Lee Da Hee are confirmed to be starring together in a new drama!

Cable network tvN is gearing up to start production on their newest drama “LUCA” (tentative title), which tells a tale based on Charles Darwin’s “Origin of Species” about a person who was born into the mysterious world of genetics and thrust alone into society. With a seasoned production team and now two stars studding its cast, viewers are excited to see what “LUCA” will bring to the genre and what new horizons lay in store.

Directed by Kim Hong Sun, the creative mind behind “Voice” and “The Guest,” and written by Chun Sung Il, the writer behind such films as “The Pirates” and “My Girlfriend is an Agent,” drama fans can expect a high quality story and production.

“LUCA” marks Kim Rae Won’s first drama in two years. Kim Rae Won is cast as Ji Oh, a taciturn man who is thrust into the world without a single clue of who he is and who has a different “strength” and “secret” compared to ordinary people. After endless confliects with those who are searching for themselves, Ji Oh must work to find answers to the numerous questions surrounding his own existence.

Kim Rae Won expressed his eagerness in getting to participate on the drama, saying, “I’m excited because it’s been a while since I’ve filmed anything. The synopsis is incredibly interesting, and getting to work with such a renowned director and writer [is exciting]. The writer’s creative writing combined with the director’s delicate touch, I think, will make for a really wonderful work, and I’m eager to see where it’s going to go. I hope viewers are as excited as I am about this drama.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1394110wpp/lee-da-hee-and-kim-rae-won-confirmed-to-star-in-new-tvn-drama

April 14 2020

Kim Rae-Won & Lee Da-Hee cast in tvN drama series “Luca”

Luca-a00000.jpg

Kim Rae-Won and Lee Da-Hee are cast in tvN drama series “Luca.” The screenplay revolves around genetics. Kim Rae-Won will play Ji-O. He has a super power and a secret. Lee Da-Hee will play Detective Goo-Reum.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Ji-O (Kim Rae-Won) has a special power and a secret, but he doesn’t know who he really is. He is chased by mysterious figures, while he tries to find answers to numerous questions that surround him.

Goo-Reum (Lee Da-Hee) is a detective. When she decides on a course of action, she won’t change no matter what. Her parents disappeared when she was only a young child. Goo-Reum chases after the truth behind her parents’ disappearance. She meets Ji-O and her life changes.

“Luca” first airs sometime in the second half of this year in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/kim-rae-won-lee-da-hee-cast-in-tvn-drama-series-luca

• Like 3

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] LUCA - Lee Da Hee & Kim Rae Won - Premieres in second half 2020

Kim Rae-won, Lee Da-hee confirmed for tvN’s sci-fi drama Luca

by tineybeanie

krw_ldh1.jpg
Kim Rae-won, Lee Da-hee

Kim Rae-won (Black Knight) and Lee Da-hee (Search Query: WWW) have been confirmed as the leads in a new drama about genetic engineering called Luca. With Charles Darwin’s Origin of Species as a starting point, this drama tells the story of a man, played by Kim Rae-won, who was born extraordinarily strong and is thrown into a lonely existence as unknown entities pursue him endlessly.

Kim Rae-won’s character, Ji-oh, somehow finds himself thrown into existence. He has no idea who he is, but he possesses a strength unlike any ordinary person. As sudden as his presence in the world is, he’s just as suddenly on the run, as he’s being hunted by people he doesn’t know. While on the run for his life, he uncovers the truth of his identity.

Lee Da-hee is set to play tough police investigator Gu-reum. After finding evidence of her supervisor’s corruption, she’s relocated from the high crimes unit to the violent crimes unit. With a somewhat reckless personality, she’s unstoppable once she puts her mind to something.

Her parents disappeared when she was younger, and she’s obsessed with finding the truth behind their disappearance. Somehow along her journey, she meets Ji-oh, and their combined energy and skills allows them to uncover some of the answers they seek.

Luca will be directed by Kim Hong-seon (The Guest) and written by Chun Sung-il (Your Honor, Level 7 Civil Servant). Personally, I’m a huge fan of Lee Da-hee and the director’s last drama The Guest, but PD Kim has an uneven track record. He was also behind the drama Level 7 Civil Servant, which was a disaster. I also think Kim Rae-won is more suited to sweet comedies. So I’m just keeping my fingers crossed that Luca will take the best of everyone’s talents and turn out amazing.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/04/kim-rae-won-lee-da-hee-confirmed-for-tvns-sci-fi-drama-luca/

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] LUCA - Kim Rae Won & Lee Da Hee - Premieres in second half 2020

Reading the artice. Why am I thinking  Bruce Banner  and Incredible Hulk.:o:unsure:

I want to see Kim Rae  but  this drama ...it's sci-fi. Not gonna lie, I want to see  him in a drama that is void of any "super power" strenght. I mean  I like  him playing a lawyer again, or  doctor, a political candidate. You know.  Same thing I though of Choi Jin Hyu starring in currenmt sci-fi drama Rugal ( whch I wasn't that keen). But this is Kim Rae Won, so I'm going to check this. Thanks larus, for updates.

• Like 2

I was surprised to read about the hero`s "super power". I thought that the protagonists are both geneticians in this drama. I saw Kim Rae won in two dramas and my favorite role of him is the prosecutor in Punch.

There are many themes in sci fi. Rugal is the classic super power heroes, good vs evil, from comics. Other sci fi can explore the humans/ mankind nature, how technology can have effects on humans and other stuff but the dramas are not very different from the "common genre". I saw thrillers like Tunnel, Signal, Life of Mars who use sci fi/ fantasy background. Other kdramas will explore time travel, parallel universes. At first I did not know what to expect from tvN drama LUCA, but after reading more about characters, it is clear now for me that it will be a mystery, investigative kind of drama.The protagonists have different personalities but in a way both are searching about themself. They will for a team. In the prosess they will discover each other strenghts, maybe they will start having some feelings for each other (friendship or romantic).   The hero will discover some "super powers" and I have no doubts that he will use them to their advantage but it is most to connect him to genetic researches or to question more who he is.

This drama has just 12 episodes. The gene I like, the cast I like. It might not be a novelty but I will watch.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, larus said:

I saw thrillers like Tunnel, Signal, Life of Mars who use sci fi/ fantasy background. Other kdramas will explore time travel, parallel universes. At first I did not know what to expect from tvN drama LUCA, but after reading more about characters, it is clear now for me that it will be a mystery, investigative kind of drama.

@larus three of my favorite kdramas esp Signal one of the best kdrama.  You're right. I can watch something fantasy like paranormal even  as long as it's well written and good execution of the drama.  Yes, the Darwin theory plus genetics  got me intrigued and sounds like good mature type of drama.. the sci-fi part just got me thinking though. And you explaining like that. I understand now.  I'm going to watch this too.

Cr: https://www.soompi.com/article/1394110wpp/lee-da-hee-and-kim-rae-won-confirmed-to-star-in-new-tvn-drama

EVhouixXgAcf-c5.jpg

Lee Da Hee And Kim Rae Won Confirmed To Star In New tvN Drama

Apr 14, 2020
by K. Z

Kim Rae Won and Lee Da Hee are confirmed to be starring together in a new drama!

Cable network tvN is gearing up to start production on their newest drama “LUCA” (tentative title), which tells a tale based on Charles Darwin’s “Origin of Species” about a person who was born into the mysterious world of genetics and thrust alone into society. With a seasoned production team and now two stars studding its cast, viewers are excited to see what “LUCA” will bring to the genre and what new horizons lay in store.

Directed by Kim Hong Sun, the creative mind behind “Voice” and “The Guest,” and written by Chun Sung Il, the writer behind such films as “The Pirates” and “My Girlfriend is an Agent,” drama fans can expect a high quality story and production.

“LUCA” marks Kim Rae Won’s first drama in two years. Kim Rae Won is cast as Ji Oh, a taciturn man who is thrust into the world without a single clue of who he is and who has a different “strength” and “secret” compared to ordinary people. After endless confliects with those who are searching for themselves, Ji Oh must work to find answers to the numerous questions surrounding his own existence.

Kim Rae Won expressed his eagerness in getting to participate on the drama, saying, “I’m excited because it’s been a while since I’ve filmed anything. The synopsis is incredibly interesting, and getting to work with such a renowned director and writer [is exciting]. The writer’s creative writing combined with the director’s delicate touch, I think, will make for a really wonderful work, and I’m eager to see where it’s going to go. I hope viewers are as excited as I am about this drama.”

Lee Da Hee, with her unrivaled charm, transforms into the dedicated detective Gu Reum, who is transferred from the Major Crimes Investigative Unit while investigating the corruption of a superior officer. Gu Reum is a person who acts before she thinks and bulldozes on ahead once she makes up her mind. She ends up with her life turned upside down when she meets with Ji Oh while on the case of a missing child.

An actress with a strong filmography to back up her strong personality, Lee Da Hee is a perfect fit for the role, having participated in such works as “Beauty Inside” and “Search: WWW.” On joining the cast of “LUCA,” Lee Da Hee said, “After ‘Search: WWW’ I wanted to find a good drama to work on, so I was thrilled when I heard about ‘LUCA.’ It’s got a great director, a great writer, and a great cast, so I look forward to getting to work with all of them. I’m honored to be working with these seniors, who I always wanted to work with at least once.”

The production team behind ‘LUCA’ said of the work, “[Viewers] can expect the birth of a new genre that is as diruptive and differential as the material it covers. Because we have some of the best actors and producers working on this drama, you can expect a great drama to come out of it.”

“LUCA” is currently slated to premiere in the latter half of the year.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jongski said:

[...]

The production team behind ‘LUCA’ said of the work, “[Viewers] can expect the birth of a new genre that is as diruptive and differential as the material it covers. Because we have some of the best actors and producers working on this drama, you can expect a great drama to come out of it.”

If the actor is excited about this drama and thinks it is an interesting script then, it is good. I keep my expectation moderated but I hope they are giving us a good drama.

I heard there will be a September premiere but with all this delaying, we don`t know for sure.

• Like 2

Actor Kim Seong-oh has finalized his appearence in drama  'LUCA'.

2020042201343_0.jpg

tvN's new drama ‘LUCA’ is a drama that draws a fierce tracker of a single person who was born strong and born in the unknown world called ‘genetics’.

Here, Seong-Oh Kim is expected to pour out overwhelming charisma as Lee Son, a member of the special forces with a dedication to fulfill. Especially since he is a character with a tough warrior, he will showcase everything from intense visuals to intense action acting.
TVN drama 'LUCA' starring Sung-Oh Kim is scheduled to air in the second half of this yea

https://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/04/22/2020042201355.html

• Like 2

Kim Sang-ho joins Luca team

202004231020317291_1.jpg

Actor Kim Sang-ho joins the new TVN 'LUCA' directed by Kim Hong-sun.
The new TVN drama 'LUCA', which is scheduled to be broadcast in the second half of this year, is a drama that depicts a fierce tracker of a single person who was born and threw into the world with a strong subject in the unknown world called 'genetics'.

Kim Sang-ho is expected to present an extraordinary chemistry as the gunner of the powerful criminal detective Goo Reum (Lee Hee-da) and team leader Choi Jin-hwan, who have been transferred from the Department of Criminal Investigation. During the play, Team Leader Choi likes Goo Reum, but he is expected to shed light on 'Tsundere charm' by teaching her to work harder and harder than anyone else. (Google translate)

http://star.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/202004231020317291

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] LUCA, 루카 - Kim Rae Won & Lee Da Hee - Premieres in second half 2020
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello!! Thank you for this topic and for all the news . Can't wait to see this new project. I don't mind sf/time travel / paranormal activity/ super power  projects ... If  they are good, the story is good, actors believe in what they are in the story. :)I will wait and see. Great day to all! 

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] LUCA, 루카 - Kim Rae Won & Lee Da Hee
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] LUCA: The Beginning, 루카 - Kim Rae Won & Lee Da Hee - Premieres on February 1st
December 28 2020

English title for tvN drama “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning”

Luca-a00000.jpg

According to tvN, official English title for upcoming Kim Rae-Won & Lee Da-Hee drama series is “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning.” The Korean title is “Luca.” The drama series is tentatively set to air during the second half of 2021 in South Korea. The English title does bring up the question of what “L.U.C.A.” stands for and will it have a sequel?

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Ji-O (Kim Rae-Won) has a special power and a secret, but he doesn’t know who he really is. He is chased by mysterious figures, while he tries to find answers to numerous questions that surround him.

Goo-Reum (Lee Da-Hee) is a detective. When she decides on a course of action, she won’t change no matter what. Her parents disappeared when she was only a young child. Goo-Reum chases after the truth behind her parents’ disappearance. She meets Ji-O and her life changes.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/english-title-for-tvn-drama-l-u-c-a-the-beginning

• Like 2

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] LUCA: The Beginning, 루카 - Kim Rae Won & Lee Da Hee -Monday & Tuesday 21:00 - Premieres on February 1st

Kim Rae Won Gives Glimpse Of Intriguing Character In Posters For Upcoming tvN Drama

Dec 28, 2020
by J. K

The tvN drama “L.U.C.A.” has shared its first posters!

Kim Rae Won is making his return to the world of dramas through “L.U.C.A.”, three years after starring in “Black Knight.” In “L.U.C.A.”, Kim Rae Won plays Ji Oh, who becomes chased because of his special skills, while Lee Da Hee takes the role of violent crimes detective Gu Reum, who is the only one who remembers him.

The look in Kim Rae Won’s eyes is captivating in the first poster for the show. Ji Oh was thrust out into the world on his own, and the poster conveys his feelings of loneliness as well as the secretive air that surrounds him. The image reads, “Spectacle pursuit action.”

kim-rae-won.jpeg

Another poster shows Ji Oh facing off with unidentified figures, giving a hint at the action scenes in the drama. The poster says, “The beginning of action that goes beyond the limits.” The two posters leave drama fans wondering just what skills Ji Oh possesses and what his secret might be.

kim-rae-won-2.jpeg

“L.U.C.A.” is directed by Kim Hong Sun, the creative mind behind the first season of “Voice” and “The Guest,” and written by Chun Sung Il, who has penned films such as “The Pirates” and “My Girlfriend Is an Agent.” The cast also includes Kim Sung Oh, Kim Sang Ho, Park Hyuk Kwon, Ahn Nae Sang, Jin Kyung, and more.

The drama’s production team stated, “We’re opening a new world of genre works while presenting an inventive universe that hasn’t been portrayed before. It will be a new point of takeoff for tvN’s genre works.”

“Please look forward to the pursuit action that goes beyond the limits, created through a collaboration between the irreplaceable actor Kim Rae Won and the masters of genre works,” they stated.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1445790wpp/kim-rae-won-gives-glimpse-of-intriguing-character-in-posters-for-upcoming-tvn-drama

• Like 3

@larus Thanks for the update on this.  Is this pre produced?

I think I'm gonna like this. The director and writer have impressive dramas and.. yes,  writer is the one who did The Slave Hunters aka Chuno.. I've watched that like 3x already one of my all time fav.

"“LUCA” tells a story about a person who was born into the mysterious world of genetics and thrust alone into society"

Maybe he can see things? Read minds?  Poster feels like OCN Drama. I'm already intrigue.

My Mon-Tue is for this drama. My Wed-Thurs is for The Myth.

• Like 4