[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Long Ballad 長歌行

sugarplum892

i'm hooked with this drama!!!!! tbh, i dont need bts to feel their chemistry bcs they all nailed it to the point i can't choose which one is the best among them.

leo and dilireba's chemistry is on point. if i didn't read some malicious comment about age-gap between them, i wouldn't know about 7 years-age-gap. leo potrayed his character very well. he looks very mature and can keep up with dilireba's features. especially his eyes. the way he keeps stare at changge whenever they meet, man if i were changge i would move to grassland already and be his girl only.

leyan and the duo (sorry i forgot their name)'s story also are enchanting. finally, zhao can act another type of character i'm so proud:crybaby:. but i hope their story can connect to the main story. for now, the bad guy (aaaaa i forgot his name (the one who always chase changge)) is the only one who have connection to the main plot. i hope leyan and the good guy can have it as well.

i like changge and mimi's relationship. especially when mimi found out about changge's real gender and she was like 'i already planned to marry you but why????' that was so funny. eventho some says she was spy from sher. BUT I MISS LEYEN-CHANGGE T_T. they had brief screentime but their chemistry got me already (when leyan hanging on changge's arm and didn;t want to let her go. it was so cute i wanna join their team)

i really hope the two actresses' fan stop their childish fanwar. they are good actress and if dilireba is the main female here just accept that please. zhao does pretty well and she even has her own story eventho her character never exist in the comic. (RIGHT?)

can't wait for the next episode!!!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Ok I finished the first 6 episodes and so far:

- loves the pace progression 

- thinks all the actors and actresses cast were perfect for their roles and I think Dilireba has improved!!! The chemistry is too early for me yet but has potential  

- plot this far is nothing new but I like that it keeps true to the ‘revenge’ story without going too far off into unnecessary side stories 

-applaud their attempt to integrate the pretty animation in to keep homage to the original comic but it is very jarring and a bit funny since it involves some pretty action sequences 

-my fav aspect so far is how clever and well they kept Changge’s character and Dili is doing very well in this role 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, JoyceDreamer said:

Can anyone spoil please.. 

Reveal hidden contents

Is our ML going to get executed by that Tangs or something? It was shown in the MV. 

Does anyone know if our FL will return to the palace as a princess and married off for alliance to the grasslands (to our ML <3) instead of her cousin? 

I am confused, although I have not read the manhua, I thought her secret was going to be kept until the end of the drama, although some already know the secret like the ML because she must become a great warrior but in being a man it seems to me

for the second question I really hope it would have been fun

• Like 3

2 hours ago, marrez1 said:

I am confused, although I have not read the manhua, I thought her secret was going to be kept until the end of the drama, although some already know the secret like the ML because she must become a great warrior but in being a man it seems to me

for the second question I really hope it would have been fun

the Manhua is on hiatus. The author didn’t finish it. You can google “Chang Ge Xing manga” and lots will pop up. the manga stop where Changge reunite with her maternal side of the family. 

I read it before but some time ago... 

Spoiler

The ML will break out from Ashile tribe because one day he will find out that his parents were murdered by Great Khan himself. Then he joined a group of Yang Hang men and adopted the surname Qin and named Sun. 

Remember in the drinking night with Changge, he said his surname is Qin and named AZhun... 

the drama plot is a little different so I don’t know how close it will follow. 

here are the list of people and brief description of their roles in the manga world. 
https://chang-ge-xing.fandom.com/wiki/Characters

7 hours ago, Ines said:

I felt that Changge is so blur in love aspect.. though she is so well versed in military and strategies. 

Few times that AZhun indirectly confessed to her and she seems didn’t get it??? Or she just has one goal in mind right now... to revenge...  

Poor Azhun, wait a bit longer ah... Changge will realized soon...  :heart:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I really love their aesthetic...both leads look so good together. Well cast!!

The story itself is great...fast paced and lots of action. I love that the female lead participates in the action.

I'm assuming LCG is the daughter of LiShimin which I think is fine since he really cared for her from the very start.

• Like 7

On 4/12/2021 at 12:33 PM, Dominique Lola said:

Oh does anyone know what the deal is with the controversy with the author? Back then, she stopped publishing because of copyright or something so the manga was never finished. What's the whole story behind that?

She signed up with the company really early (late 00s) and she probably didn't look too much into the contract or she trusted the company a lot so the company has full rights of the manhua/content she created. Apparently the working conditions and such were absolutely terrible there, so she tried to cancel her contract/pull out, but she couldn't get back the rights of the manhua so it's on hiatus. Tangent, there's been lot of stories about platforms buying out novels extremely cheaply and then sell it for extravagant amount for IP development (dramas, manhua, game adaptations), most well known being Candle in the Tomb series.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

@skibbies oh thanks. I feel terrible for the author! Yes, now a days need to be Very careful re contracts. 

I am up to ep 13 and still enjoying the show. The pace picked back up again thank goodness (ep 10 and 11 were so slow....) 

I still laugh every time the animation pops up.  

• Like 2

I am impressed how they put the previews A LOT ahead of time. In addition, they put a lot of spoilers in those final scenes and also in the promotional videos.
Since I can't resist a spoiler, I end up watching it, but then I keep dying of cuiriosity :sweat_smile:

A'Sun seeing Changge in this green outfit will have a double heart attack

What do you think of Changge's childhood friend? I feel a little sorry for him, because the situations she was angry with him were very complicated.

A doubt ... In Korean historical dramas, you can tell a single woman from a married woman by her hairstyle. Was there such a difference in China?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Mila said:

What do you think of Changge's childhood friend? I feel a little sorry for him, because the situations she was angry with him were very complicated.

A lot (i mean it, A LOT) of comments on mydramalist saying he's useless lol. I haven't watched 23 and 24 so for now i agree with them. He hasn't done anything right yet and i hope there will be redemptions for him

For hairstyle, i don't think so. The woman, either married or not, from what i have watched can loose and have different hairstyle based on the dynasti. 

• Like 2

I just watched ep 14 and 15

Spoiler

Ohhh such an abrupt turn of events. Poor A’Dou and now the Governor is sacrificing himself for peace. But I am glad the truth is out so many things — think it makes sense as that is how politics and war plays out - important lessons for Changge to learn. It it was smooth sailing, it wouldn’t be an interesting story. That said, I didn’t expect to get all teary but the drama got me when the wife started her speech. Poor little girl is now an orphan...

• Like 3