[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Long Ballad 長歌行

sugarplum892

My introduction with Reba was TMoPB too, and sometimes it would bother me her character at times, but as time went on I fell in love with her and her character. I've seen most of her shows and movies and I really like how she can pull off whatever is needed of her. Very good actress imo.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

Let me explain that I could have phrased it better when I mentioned re ‘weak’ it is more a combination of flat character as written for the drama and the immaturity - inexperience vs a complete arc where we see the character going from immature/weak to mature/strong. I also first discovered Dili from TMOPB too. I think she is a good actress just sometimes limited by her character as they were scripted etc. I do look forward her new dramas.  

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, Yinye said:

Let me explain that I could have phrased it better when I mentioned re ‘weak’ it is more a combination of flat character as written for the drama and the immaturity - inexperience vs a complete arc where we see the character going from immature/weak to mature/strong. I also first discovered Dili from TMOPB too. I think she is a good actress just sometimes limited by her character as they were scripted etc. I do look forward her new dramas.  

I understand your point. :) 

would like to see her as the antagonist one day; I think that'll be interesting! 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

30 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

would like to see her as the antagonist one day; I think that'll be interesting! 

She did in modern drama Ladders of Love, but it would be good to see her too as the antagonist in another costume/fantasy drama.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

50 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

She did in modern drama Ladders of Love, but it would be good to see her too as the antagonist in another costume/fantasy drama.

Oh, I forgot about that one! Thanks for reminding me. :D 

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

sorry I have a questions regarding the dubbing, I know that most of them are using the dubbing voice which is other person voice.. I have read somewhere for this drama most of them are using others voice... is it including yu ning? coz its seem similar to his own voice at some point. 
can't find again where did I read it before... at that time I read it because of LuSi.. she makes me watch this drama... Tq.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

16 hours ago, dymm_amie said:

sorry I have a questions regarding the dubbing, I know that most of them are using the dubbing voice which is other person voice.. I have read somewhere for this drama most of them are using others voice... is it including yu ning? coz its seem similar to his own voice at some point. 
can't find again where did I read it before... at that time I read it because of LuSi.. she makes me watch this drama... Tq.

On Baidu you can find the voice actors for the characters. :) When you open the link in google (not sure about other search engines)  it should automatically translate the page. 

https://baike.baidu.com/item/长歌行/23342255#3

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

On 5/18/2021 at 10:05 PM, dymm_amie said:

I usually check DramaWiki for the cast list and what not, and on their he doesn't have a voice actor for dubbing, but Reba and the ML do.

https://wiki.d-addicts.com/The_Long_Ballad

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

EVENT: 50 Things You Learn From A Korean Drama

Have you ever tried to explain to your friends and family why you watch k-dramas? What is it that makes them so unique?

Chingus, now is your chance to help us compile a list of what you have learned from watching Korean dramas. :partyblob:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl

If anyone is interested, I've compiled into pdf all volumes (1-11)/chapters (1-61) of the manhua and they are located in my TLB folder. I've used the highest resolution scans I can find online while making these. I've split them up into 11 volumes as well as making a single pdf with ALL chapters, but keep in mind it's a LARGE file with 1,740 pages.

Please feel free to download them if you're interested. Also, let me know if I need to make any corrections to these pdf.

All chapters in one single pdf: https://dl.orangedox.com/ZyTcOi3iJQ9rsOXdkt

All chapters separated into 11 volumes: https://dl.orangedox.com/xJrCVkhsKwOO1HXRpc

I've also edited the 6 main OST to include Chinese lyrics, pinyin and English translation lyrics: https://dl.orangedox.com/Mzn4e7pou1xRjPd459

Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Love 3

On 5/31/2021 at 1:56 AM, MK916 said:

If anyone is interested, I've compiled into pdf all volumes (1-11)/chapters (1-61) of the manhua and they are located in my TLB folder in Google Drive. I've used the highest resolution scans I can find online while making these. I've split them up into 11 volumes as well as making a single pdf with ALL chapters, but keep in mind it's a LARGE file with 1,740 pages.

Please feel free to download them if you're interested. Also, let me know if I need to make any corrections to these pdf.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CW0Az9mL5uSoDjQNXAwaz8U6t11Scmmv?usp=sharing

Enjoy!

Hi dear! May I ask you a question, perhaps you know. Who was older Ashile Sun or Sher? It wasn't really clear in the drama. :/

7 hours ago, DarkGhost said:

Hi dear! May I ask you a question, perhaps you know. Who was older Ashile Sun or Sher? It wasn't really clear in the drama. :/

Hi there,

I don’t believe the drama ever made it clear on who is older between the two.

This is funny because I too asked the same question on MDL. Someone answered that during an interview of Sun, She’er, and Mu Jin actors (which is posted on Youtube), it was briefly mentioned that Sun was a bit older by a year or two. That can explain why She’er was constantly competing with Sun ever since their childhood.

I haven’t read far enough in the manhua to know if this is explained. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This show could’ve been better. But it was much better than most shows that gets released these days. 

Quality performance from Dilraba, just wish she wasn’t dubbed, her voice actor wasn’t that good to be honest. 

Strange to see Wu Lei all grown up.

That side couple between the two traffic “stars” could’ve been completely cut out.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished the drama. Binged the last 10 eps and my bliss when Hao Du just swooped in. I was like Finally finally please live for yourself. 

Okay, gripes first because they are minimal:

The last 10 eps were damn very fast and stuffed. conflict after conflict. I mean usually C-dramas can go upto 60 eps, dont know why they had to do it. 

Second killing MiMi was UNFAIR. MiJin couple deserved better

and RickRoll'D with the kisses. Shy people

Okay the good stuff. My fav was Leyan. Girl had the most harshest times and she came out swinging and sailed with so much courage. I loved the scene where she refused the coddling from her father after their reunion and used the fancy food to highlight what she saw and how the people are suffering. And how she brushed all she did as nothing more than destiny. Her slow relationship with Hau du was such pleasure. The second she told him she wasnt scared of him I knew they were endgame. He always put her first and despite his own trails, he owned up to his mistakes and was ready to begin fresh. Their story was perfect and CUTE. I just wanted more scenes. 

Changge stubborness is her strength and flaw and Dili aced this role. I have been following her since TMPB( horrible character decent acting) and she really commands this role. I think she just does better in period dramas. 

I am not a fan of the Main leads romance. It never stuck well with me. They were too much of too much everything all the time. Lol I hoped to see something for Shiba and her' friend'. 

But after a long time this is a C-drama I really enjoyed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2021 at 6:26 AM, classyviews said:

Okay, gripes first because they are minimal:

The last 10 eps were damn very fast and stuffed. conflict after conflict. I mean usually C-dramas can go upto 60 eps, dont know why they had to do it. 

Second killing MiMi was UNFAIR. MiJin couple deserved better

and RickRoll'D with the kisses. Shy people

I think they minimized kissing because of the age gap between the two leads. The male lead was embroiled in a "not really scandal" with an older actress because a netizen was quick to put malice in their interactions during a wrap party. Leo Wu looks great with Dilraba and it was a pity that their chemistry never really took off. 

• Like 1