[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Long Ballad 長歌行

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, airgreen said:

It could also be because of the covid? In the bts, dilraba sometimes wears a mask, maybe she isn't comfortable kissing in a pandemic?

Possible too that Dileraba has a no kissing policy during pandemic. But either way, it's not because their age difference or Wu Lei's age. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

I’m a little behind at episode 15-ish so it’s too early for me to review anything but I’m liking things so far. :) Fav character so far is Uncle Shi Min, not gonna lie. :lol:

however I do want to rant a little about the battle scenes being animated. it’s a real turn off for me. Idk if I’m the only one who feels that way but it gets me disappointed each time.

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

Oh!! isn't because I don't write in the tread that I didn't see the episode LOL I'm in episode 42 when they are out. My mom watch on tv and keep asking me when it's coming the next episode oh my my...

Wu Lei doesn't want to kiss. He really a shy little guy come on. Specially that will be his first kiss in on screen...let's him take his time LOL

Arthur(Fei Yu) too doesn't kiss no one, why no one complaint it ^^ When he acting with Irene from Ever Night he was only 17-18 year old. He now he watch some serie and still not kissing 

Wu Lei is only 21-22 year old. When he was filming this serie he was only 20 year old ...too young. He isn't not ready! 

The serie have a good pace..We can see slowly Changge change her attitude with A'Sun and slowly accept her feeling for him. Become more woman too because how she tread herself before was like a man. Hao Du, how he change and also seem have his own thiking and analyse it. His change attitude with Changge and his love/protection for Luyan...is really warming. Good developpement. Now we can see he is a second lead....:approves:

@elsanna Oh I saw you in the tread too !! :wub:Well the confession, do you mean from our lead couple or the second couple?

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

Just realised that we'll be updated with all the final episodes tomorrow?! how is that even possible hahahah I feel like we just got to see Leyan and HaoDu together and now we have to say goodbye already.

Stills, this drama has been quite a ride and loved it to bits. Can't wait to see how all characters will settle down at the end of their journey. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

I'm going to refrain from watching the ep 43 to 49 spoilers to maximise the experience hahaha. I can't believe we reached the ending so fast! This drama has been one of a kind. No episode was boring. Just hope the ending is fulfilling. 

18 hours ago, bomnie said:

Just realised that we'll be updated with all the final episodes tomorrow?! how is that even possible hahahah I feel like we just got to see Leyan and HaoDu together and now we have to say goodbye already.

Stills, this drama has been quite a ride and loved it to bits. Can't wait to see how all characters will settle down at the end of their journey. 

Right? I can't believe it either! I'm going to have a severe case of Haoyan withdrawal after this (feeling it already ahhhh).

It's always nice to have a wuxia drama with some serious undertone to it, which sets it apart from other lighter and more cutesy wuxia out there.

Here's hoping all the cast will go on to bigger projects after this. While it's true that I have the most emotional connection with Leyan and Haodu's arcs and relationship, I appreciate every actor's contribution to this show and especially think Wu Lei has great potential (he's been pulling off that maturity so well despite his young age).

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I plan to do a marathon of ep 31 - end when the Eng subs are out. After The Wolf, I also don’t want a 

Spoiler

Sad ending for another Cdrama!!

@whiteybao nope, the animation really annoyed me too and I am a huge animation super fan lol. It doesn’t fit into the flow beyond the initial episodes and they just used it to cover the scenes they don’t want to film lol. It is so jarring. 

I'm quite disappointed with the finale for our lead couple, of course it's clearly said that sun and changge went to live together, but at the end the very last moment we don't see them hand in hand, moreover this fire scene made me feel pissed off, we still have to save her, yes we know that she is necessarily alive, but we know that she is alive only a few minutes before the end,

i wanted a wedding and a child:astonished:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

I'm quite disappointed with the finale for our lead couple, of course it's clearly said that sun and changge went to live together, but at the end the very last moment we don't see them hand in hand, moreover this fire scene made me feel pissed off, we still have to save her, yes we know that she is necessarily alive, but we know that she is alive only a few minutes before the end,

i wanted a wedding and a child:astonished:

I totally hear you. I felt the same too.. feel like we’ve been cut short. I hope they will release another short clip of their happy ending.. or remember the 3rd promise from Changge to ASun has not been materialize yet? Hopefully the director/producer will give us something.. 

just like eternal dream of love/the pillow book, the director/producer release bonus clips after the season finale. 

• Blob 1

2 hours ago, taekwang said:

Agree with you on the endings. Was hastily ended somehow

@marrez1

@ipohtown

Hopefully there will be Easter egg specials?

And the portion on leyan pregnant... did I miss out?

We were happily enticipating baby haoyan in our earlier replies here in soompi forum 

Spoiler

I think Leyan's pregnancy has been cut from the drama as they dedicated more screen time to resolve the last political conflict. From what I've read elsewhere the real kiss between HaoDu and Leyan was also cut, as well as a scene where Leyan was supposed to take care of Haodu, but so far it's just grapevine rumour and nothing has been confirmed yet.

I'm personally not disappointed though I would jump at the opportunity to see more of them. I'm happy with their wedding and I think their realising their feelings for each other is the turning point and I really couldn't ask for more.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, maskros said:

Spoiler

think Leyan's pregnancy has been cut from the drama as they dedicated more screen time to resolve the last political conflict. From what I've read elsewhere the real kiss between HaoDu and Leyan was also cut, as well as a scene where Leyan was supposed to take care of Haodu, but so far it's just grapevine rumour and nothing has been confirmed yet.

I think there were photos of the actual script on instagram and twitter taken by Chinese fans depicting those cut scenes.

• Like 1