[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Long Ballad 長歌行

sugarplum892

Spoiler of some of the episodes after the 30

Spoiler

:happydance:

Chang Ge is so beautiful with this outfit ... A'Sun with her flat land clothes is so much more beautiful

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 3

On 4/18/2021 at 7:27 PM, ipohtown said:

this is my first time watching Leo Wu acting. At first I was bit skeptical about the age difference but I was surprised by his acting skills. I just found out that he was acting since young.  Anyway, he nailed every one of it. His crying/emotional scene was too much for me... he is so good... 

Also, the chemistry between them is so awesome!! 

That was my concern too when I read about the age difference. Honestly couldn't tell by his picture he is so young and there is a significant age gap between our ML. But he is very much on par with Dilraba! 

I have binged the last 3 days to catch up and I'm currently on EP 17. This drama is so addictive!

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

12 hours ago, Polly said:

Apart from some clichés (like Changge and Sun always 'accidentally' bumping into each other) this drama has been one of the better historical romance drama. 

Even though it is a cliché I'm sure the writers are happy with this concept of “Destiny or faith” :lol:

btw does anyone know if Yi Da Qian's (Mu Jin) voice is dubbed? 

I thought he looked familiar but couldn't place him... Turns out he portrayed Xiang Li Meng in Eternal love of dream. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Ep 31-36:

Spoiler

While it’s not bad, it’s pretty meh. At least the story is moving along, albeit in a predictable way (just like someone has predicted how the story would go). In a sense, I don’t like how in every drama, the women is the bad guy. Nice woman - she’s bad, the type that got abused - she’s bad. Just typical bad guy >_>

only nice thing about these episodes, I’m finally able to be ok with HD and LY, harder for me to chew on when his character went from cold blooded to like a really puppy in front of LY, it’s like that man can’t even think for himself =_= or maybe the acting is a bit weak, but the ping pong between super cold hearted to super loving puppy is a bit cringe. I can say ep 35 finally changed that, at least now I don’t feel the urge to skip them. 

another nice thing is CG is solving problem on her own, without feeling forced. They don’t mind having A Sun sit back, and do no input and she herself does everything. It’s very natural and showcase she’s a strong female lead that can stand on her own.

last and best thing is the covid dance lawl! I cracked up laughing, yes it’s cringy, but it shows the director was tongue in cheek and in a sense reminded us they have to deal with this during filming. And possibly why this drama got a tick of approval so fast lol. The only problem is the animation bit during this part. I have never had much problem with other animation parts, however, this one, massive problem: 1 - it’s a dance, it feels cheapskate to not showcase how she won the dance, they were too lazy to come up with an innovative dance choreography to fight the covid dance >_> 2 - wow, the animation was sooooo beautiful, and I like DD but uh, she was like an ugly duckling compare to the swan in the animation lol 3 - even as the animation, there was no dancing!!!! I felt totally robbed!

I have to say though I love how A Sun is very much touching and holding her as he wishes now. And she, while not 100% sure, is letting him have his way :love: the rest of the drama I feel there won’t be anything epic. Problem with an intense middle part is it’s hard to have an intense finale without making it a SE, and we all know we are heading to a HE lol

• Like 5

Really?! I watched till ep 33 and I thought those episodes were amazing. Action packed and the story line is fast moving. We finally got to see cute lovey dovey moments between CG and Sun (I liked every moment, the hug in the bar, him getting upset when she said she doesn't owe him anything, the 'confession' the day after etc). And, I also like it that Sun gets to observe CG interacting with the Tang people. Especially, with the crown prince (cute to see Sun observing CG being fierce) and Qin Lan and gang (the loyalty and friendship is heartwarming). I thought the episodes also showed significant character development for LY (getting feisty and standing up for what she thinks is right), WSY (finally understanding that he was wrong betraying CG) and HD (going through introspection and finally having his own mind by allowing CG and Sun escape). 

• Like 13

Yes

ep 31 to 36 is awesome 

a lot of sweet moments like Ah Sun hugged chang ge properly, finally ... after so many episodes.

and leyan slapping haodu for tricking her. Reason -She lead haodu to the inn to find chang ge but fortunately ah sun got there and he held chang he’s hand to escape haodu and ran away, thru the streets.. he smiled so happily when running hand in hand with her. Weishuyi and leyan were watching from level 2 of the inn as the couple escapes.. v nice scene

ok.. I better stop here so as not to spoil your watching. Enjoy the show kkkk

• Like 7

I also thought that 31-36 were really good... better than some of the earlier episodes. In general I think this drama gets progressively better as the characters develop and start being a lot more thoughtful about how they want to live their lives. To put it bluntly I'm becoming less annoyed. ;) Although very seldom with Sun... I love him to death.

In some ways I find that Hao Du and Wei Shuyu are not that different. They are tethered to the system in some form. Of course it is easy for Hao Du to make fun of Shuyu earlier on  and push all his buttons but now the shoe is in the other foot. I won't say that Shuyu thought he was wrong in betraying Changge... I think that word "betray" is very subjective in this situation because he was doing his "duty"... but he realised that he did not act in his own long-term interest. He lost her because he was not the sort of man she needed at that time. Or anytime since. Their paths have diverged so much that he realises that he cannot ever hope of winning her love. Especially when he knows that there's someone else in the picture -- someone else who is willing to be that man to her... to do whatever it takes to keep her safe and allow her to be herself.

I particularly liked the quirky chess playing Li character. I enjoyed his interactions with Sun and how he thought of himself as a mentor (albeit briefly) for Sun. He made me laugh and I could see that he genuinely liked Sun. Anyone who thinks highly of Sun can't be too bad. The lesson that he gives Sun is an ongoing theme in the drama about the true way to victory. 

I always thought that if one day Sun and Changge got their act together and start working in concert, they could be an unstoppable force of nature. I think we caught a glimpse of that in these recent episodes. They care about each other and it doesn't matter even if Changge doesn't entirely reciprocate. The important thing is that the man falls first and he is doing all the hard work to prove his love.

• Like 16

On 4/15/2021 at 11:07 AM, AuroraSky said:

Can you clarify what you mean?

Hide contents

if you mean whether or not it's a happy ending for them, I heard that Zhao Lusi gave a spoiler that there would be an ending with "H" for "HE" during last week's live zoom call with Liu Yuning.

But if you are asking about previews for the more advanced episodes, there are many previews on Youtube you can watch.

Reveal hidden contents

Aaaaaagh, but I need English subs pleeeeeaaaaaseeeee!

Not actually about the review but i've read somewhere their story was leaked and some fans know what will happen next. So am asking if someone got the leak

Edited by SC2019
Please don't quote videos/images/twitter posts in your reply.
  • Like 1

In episode 36, this character appeared:

Spoiler

I saw someone speculating whether it could be Chang Ge's uncle on the mother's side. What do you guys think?

30 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Em qual plataforma você está assistindo a este drama? Percebi viki, onde estou assistindo esse drama, às vezes tem inscrições estranhas e confusas ... 

On youtube, the official channel of the broadcaster makes the episodes available, with English subtitles. However, vikii has a few more episodes already available, for those who are subscribers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Mila said:

In episode 36, this character appeared:

Hide contents

I saw someone speculating whether it could be Chang Ge's uncle on the mother's side. What do you guys think?

from the manga, this guy suppose to be Changge’s uncle.. her mom’s brother. He will recognize her hairpin that was once made by him for her sister, Changge’s mom. 

Is you notice, in the earlier episodes, She’er passed to ASun Changge’s hairpin that uncle Lei found after Changge being save by Situ Lang Lang. 

i think is that hairpin... my guess. 
I can’t wait to see their reunion take place. 

59 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Which platform are you watching this drama? I noticed viki, where I'm watching this drama, sometimes has strange and confusing subs... 

Spoiler

I watch mine through dramacool.. they have eng subs for the advanced episodes too. The extra special where they have to pay extra are in Chinese only. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1