[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Long Ballad 長歌行

sugarplum892

16 hours ago, ipohtown said:

I don’t think so.. I can only watch up to ep18. 

This is so cute... 

super-like your gif post. wat was Ashile sun doing ? staring at the mirror while his make up artist adjust his hair and makeup?

Edited by SC2019
Please do not quote twitter/pictures/videos when you reply! TQ.

6 hours ago, taekwang said:

super-like your gif post. wat was Ashile sun doing ? staring at the mirror while his make up artist adjust his hair and makeup?

Thanks... I just want to share. 

I couldn’t find more of this bts scene. Will post it if can find it later... 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 杨过是大哥哥 said:

bts

more bts

more more bts

Thank you for sharing. The behind the scenes - some are hilarious

Hao Du - before he does his role of carrying Le Yan princess style, he warms up by practicing his carrying actions and ended up suggesting to Le Yan that he will rotate Le Yan clock wise, anti-clockwise plus a throw up in the air- He's a real Joker

I hope both of them will have a happy ending and get married. Not much scenes of both of them. Haodu will only locate the princess Le yan in ep 26. I saw the preview

I will try to post - hopefully the video turns out ok. the link to weibo here

http://t.cn/A6cc0CHR

Edited by SC2019
Please do not quote pictures/videos when you reply! TQ.
  • Like 4
  • Blob 1

On 4/7/2021 at 4:40 PM, MayanEcho said:

I think there are enough episodes now to start binge watching this coming weekend! 

:happydance:

I will start watching this drama tomorrow. I have been so busy and I couldn't allow myself to get distracted, because I know once I start this drama I will end up watching late into the night and regret it in the morning.  :dead:

• Wiggle 1

6 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

I will start watching this drama tomorrow. I have been so busy and I couldn't allow myself to get distracted, because I know once I start this drama I will end up watching late into the night and regret it in the morning

Yeah, I won't be able to do anything else too if I start watching! :lol: Either tomorrow or Sunday.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I binge watched all of the current episodes and I’m HOOKED so I just had to come praise this drama.

I think they really got the casting spot on. Everyone has moulded right into their character and I truly believe every emotion each character portrays and feel invested in basically all the main characters. The storyline is not entirely new but it’s being done right. I love a good revenge drama but when you get the chemistry and casting right, it just makes the drama that extra bit more special. I am also someone who is always there for the chemistry and romance and I can already see and feel it with both lead couples. The soundtrack, scenery and costumes really add that extra touch too and I am really enjoying the parts where the live action scenes become animated scenes. It’s just really beautifully done.

I love Dilraba and Zhao Lusi, although I must admit I have been watching a lot more ZL dramas lately so I was really keen to see how she would fit into this drama but after watching the first 18 episodes, I can say that I am equally invested in both storyline’s. I hope there is some proper character growth soon for LL though cos I’d like to see her break out of her weaker shell and toughen up a bit. 

Dilraba is absolutely killing it as LCG and doing a great job of portraying all of her emotions. She has really grown as an actress and this role fits her so well. I believe every part of LCG’s struggle and suffering and feel so happy for her during the moments where she relaxes and smiles.

I love the flashbacks between LCG and LLY because their friendship is a big part of what I enjoy in this drama. I love seeing the little moments where LCG cracks a little and shows that she does still care for LLY and I hope LLY continues to love and adore LCG and doesn’t end up turning against her. 

I have never watched a drama with Leo before and don’t know how I’ve missed him! Seriously he is an amazing actor and I feel like I haven’t even seen a quarter of what he’s capable of. He is so crazy good looking and I’m not sure why some people don’t think he is manly cos I certainly do. I can’t believe he is only 21!! I am really eager to learn a bit more about AS cos there’s clearly more to his backstory. I wonder what happened to his real parents and how he became adopted by the Great Khan. I can also never get enough of a cold male lead who is actually really caring and kind and I think Leo is showing it perfectly.

Biggest winner for me as per usual is the romance and I cannot get enough of the growing bond between AS and LCG. I’ve really enjoyed watching their relationship grow and cannot wait for some proper romantic scenes. I think Dilraba and Leo have amazing chemistry and I have already started shipping them badly haha Dilraba and ZL always have insane chemistry with their leads anyways but Dilraba and Leo just look crazy good together (probably cos they’re both drop dead gorgeous too!). I’m super keen to see the relationship grow between LLY and HD too and like how we’ve got that bad boy/good girl set up ready to go. I can’t remember watching a drama with LY before but he is doing a very good job of playing a cold heartless character. It will be so satisfying watching him crumble when he falls for her! I just can’t wait! I also can’t wait for all the seamstress ladies to realise that LLY really is a princess.

Anyone else think LCG is Prince Qins real daughter? Her mum was being pretty suss and Prince Qin seems to really love LCG and also appears to have acted like more of a father figure when she was growing up. I wouldn’t be surprised if LCG’s mum committed suicide cos she didn’t want the secret to go out and she was clearly aware of the plan which is why she sent LCG away.

Anyways sorry for the long post! Can’t wait for the next episodes!!

• Like 13
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

@J13 I have same thought on LCG background too, that her real father is Li Shimin. Based on the manga, LCG’s mom was saved by Li Shimin during their younger days and then brought her back to the palace. Not sure any romance between them. When he was away a period of time due to war, LCG’s mom married LCG’s father. LCG’s mom was poisoned in the end. Before she died, Li Shimin tried to get her to confess why she married her brother back then but she died without answering him...  so, I don’t think she was killed by Li Shimin. I don’t have all the details of it, just read some summary from the fandomwikia. 

I’m looking forward to how the plot reveal LCG relationship with Li Shimin. 

from the bts, LCG eventually return to the palace and became a princess or some sort. 

• Like 6

@ipohtown ahhhh yes that makes sense! I haven’t read the manga but I’m sure there’s a lot more back story to everyone. Do you know if there’s an English translation?

I actually like Prince Qin and really enjoy the flashbacks of him and LCG. LCG’s ‘dad’ didn’t seem like a very nice man either and it seemed like LCG’s mum was scared of him so I wonder if he took Prince Qin’s love (LCG’s mum) as an act of power or authority.

I’m really eager to learn more about everyone and watch their characters develop. Might have to try find snippets of the manga for now cos it’s so hard waiting for the next episode haha

• Like 3

@J13 you can google it up “Chang Ge Xing manga” and lots will show up. It’s only up to chapter 61 and then it was on hiatus. The Chinese book manga was up to volume 11, I think. 

From the manga you will learn that LCG’s mom was a missing princess and later adopted the name Li Jin. Back then, Li Shimin rescued her without knowing her real identity.  Her brother is the Elteber of Uyghur. LCG and him suppose to meet at the grassland.. when I thought that Dilreba was cast as LCG may not be an accidental, she does has the Uyghur ethnicity. (Just my two cents)

The drama is a bit different from the manga. Example, Adou was not suppose to die but did and so early, AZhun didn’t know LCG is a girl until later in grassland. AZhun does like LCG and kept thinking that why he like a “boy” and once he knows LCG is a girl, he went all in. I guess the drama makes it flow better. 

so far I’ve been enjoying the drama. Been crazy about it too. I’m a Dilreba’s fan. ^_^

• Like 8

Can anyone spoil please.. 

Spoiler

Is our ML going to get executed by that Tangs or something? It was shown in the MV. 

Does anyone know if our FL will return to the palace as a princess and married off for alliance to the grasslands (to our ML <3) instead of her cousin? 

• Like 1

@JoyceDreamer sorry I haven’t read the manga so can’t help you but my theory to your second question is yes, I absolutely think the main leads will marry, not only cos they’ve actually fallen for each other, but because of the marriage agreement too. I was actually thinking about this while watching too haha

I’m reallyyyyyyyyyyy hoping for a happy ending for both our main couples!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I think it was implied in the manga that her mother chose to marry the brother because he was the crown prince, so there was more security in that marriage? Or she could get a better position? But that may have been one perspective, because there were scenes where showed she was more interested in the second Prince; blushing and being shy around him. It's possible she was violated and forced into marriage but who knows. 

Oh does anyone know what the deal is with the controversy with the author? Back then, she stopped publishing because of copyright or something so the manga was never finished. What's the whole story behind that?

• Like 3