[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Long Ballad 長歌行

sugarplum892

I'm just going to hold off watching from 32 on to the end and just marathon all the eps at once.

I know I have a lot of hopes for how it ends, but I know it won't happen how i want it to.

I really hate it when they cut shows like that, keep intact, the fans will appreciate it more.

• Like 3

I thought the ending for Changge and ASun would be more complete as they have been through so many ups and downs. We only get to see a blip of each of them, not even together at the end... 

In weibo, someone leak a script of Changge and ASun (similar to Leyan and houdu) with more intimate scenes which is not of the ending. The producers cut them all. I wish they would have included them.

I don’t understand why the director/producer rush towards the end. Is it making one more episode cost extra for them? Since they already make it... I thought they would make more money with it. 

Anyway, even though I’m blabbering.. I really enjoyed the show and I felt dilreba really performed her best so far. Same as for the rest too. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, ipohtown said:

I thought the ending for Changge and ASun would be more complete as they have been through so many ups and downs. We only get to see a blip of each of them, not even together at the end... 

In weibo, someone leak a script of Changge and ASun (similar to Leyan and houdu) with more intimate scenes which is not of the ending. The producers cut them all. I wish they would have included them.

I don’t understand why the director/producer rush towards the end. Is it making one more episode cost extra for them? Since they already make it... I thought they would make more money with it. 

Anyway, even though I’m blabbering.. I really enjoyed the show and I felt dilreba really performed her best so far. Same as for the rest too. 

Maybe they will release it as extras, that would be a nice touch just so we can have the satisfaction of seeing it. I don't understand either why not show it if it was already filmed.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tamakins said:

Maybe they will release it as extras, that would be a nice touch just so we can have the satisfaction of seeing it. I don't understand either why not show it if it was already filmed.

Yes, I’m keeping my fingers crossed. :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, ipohtown said:

Yes, I’m keeping my fingers crossed. :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

Yes, because if I don't get enough of a happy ending for my couples, I will be so upset. I hate it when the endings feel rushed and just thrown together. It leaves me with a very unfulfilled feeling.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

10 hours ago, ipohtown said:

I got to read about Le Yan and HaoDu, but I didn't see about Chang Ge and A'Sun. Sad that they didn't add the scenes. Were they scenes of them in the pastures? Or was it before the confusion you had at the end (with the fire)?

Regarding the end ...

Spoiler

I also thought that the ending was very busy.

I wanted a scene of the two of them together and not just the way it was. However, I don't complain because it was a happy ending, whereas before I was worried that it was a sad ending.

I wonder why they didn't put it in the story ... spoiler of the manga ... that Chang Ge's mother was a princess of Morbei. I think it would have made more sense. I also think it would have made more sense if they had put Chang Ge as the emperor's daughter.

They ended up not deepening the story of A'Sun being the son of someone from the central plains, but I think that to develop this story they would have needed more episodes.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 3

I too feel that the story was not fleshed out. I want more episodes!!

I also realized that the director may have opted to shorten the story due to the new regulation that specifies Chinese dramas should be shorter. I read this somewhere but I have no idea if it is true or already in place. 

• Like 7

On 5/6/2021 at 11:23 AM, ipohtown said:

I had the exact same thought as you! It would have been nice to have one more episode just to wrap things up more definitely or at least have a peek of their lives after all that chaos! 

Although, i'm glad we had a HE. Having watched a few cdramas over the past years, it could have gone down really badly. Let's count ourselves as lucky, cause writers could have decided to kill off everyone but didn't! :joy:

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 2

19 hours ago, ElleSor said:

I too feel that the story was not fleshed out. I want more episodes!!

I also realized that the director may have opted to shorten the story due to the new regulation that specifies Chinese dramas should be shorter. I read this somewhere but I have no idea if it is true or already in place. 

Don't they have the option to do 2 seasons though? Would have appreciated it if they had divided this drama into 2 seasons and given us all the episodes 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

13 minutes ago, airgreen said:

I haven't finished watching but from what everyone is saying, the ending sounds a little less than satisfying :(

Actually, I am satisfied with the ending. I understand the hidden nuances. I just didn't like 

Spoiler

that they were shot apart. I would have wanted them to have a sweet scene together. I didn't understand why they were not in the same view. 

Anyway, I think that they focused more on Changge's story than the love story. I noticed that towards the end there were less scenes with A'Sun. 

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

That’s true too... ASun has less scenes and less talk time towards the end. He has become a protector of Changge instead of the powerful Ashile Sun. As he said to Li Shimin that he is Changge’s person. :biubiu:

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

Done watching all eps! ^_^

I'm quite fine with the drama ending. If I remember correctly, the author isn't done yet with the story, so the drama finale, despite Sun and Changge not being shown together, still feels alright. Like there's more to come. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

19 hours ago, ElleSor said:

Actually, I am satisfied with the ending. I understand the hidden nuances. I just didn't like 

Reveal hidden contents

that they were shot apart. I would have wanted them to have a sweet scene together. I didn't understand why they were not in the same view. 

Anyway, I think that they focused more on Changge's story than the love story. I noticed that towards the end there were less scenes with A'Sun. 

That would make sense, I am not done with what is out  for the story and I have not finished the drama yet, but both I plan on doing soon. As long as it's a happy kind of ending I can be satisfied.

14 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Done watching all eps! ^_^

I'm quite fine with the drama ending. If I remember correctly, the author isn't done yet with the story, so the drama finale, despite Sun and Changge not being shown together, still feels alright. Like there's more to come. 

Maybe there will be more to come. We can only hope, I have 12 more eps to go and I will be done, and I will enjoy the journey no matter what, and hope for more...eventually.:smashes:

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

I feel for GeSun's fans when they say that the ending wasn't quite what they had expected. I also think they crammed too much in the last few episodes, but the final conflict still somehow feels anti-climatic. The drama is already quite well-paced at the beginning, so I think the problem lies with the number of episodes. Perhaps they have to stick with the number of eps and couldn't extend it further? I can't speak for all Haoyan fans, but for me personally I'm happy with the buildup of their romance and their HE, so I'm not frustrated at the number of deleted scenes from the original script. I just wish they could add a few more episodes to build more tension and satisfactorily wrap it up.

• Like 5
  • Blob 3