[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Long Ballad 長歌行

sugarplum892

I really wanted to get on the computer screen and slap Changge in the face when she threw away all the effort of A´Sun to try to save that general and ended up causing the confusion that led to the death of A´Sun's mother. Changge is very smart, but she is very impulsive. As much as she keeps saying that she didn’t want A´Sun’s help, that he let her do things alone, she was already very close to his group and she didn’t stop to think that her attitudes could not only harm him, but also to harm all the people of the eagle.
However, I think that is how you say it, everything that is happening is part of Changge's character growth. I hope she learns and starts to consider A´Sun more.

Has Changge realized that A´Sun likes her? I think so. However, although she is very intelligent, when it comes to her own feelings, sometimes people go a little blind. Haha

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Mila said:

Has Changge realized that A´Sun likes her? I think so. However, although she is very intelligent, when it comes to her own feelings, sometimes people go a little blind. Haha

totally agree! I think she realised how much he meant to her when he got injured during the match. Then seeing his reactions to her refusal to go back to his side is another hit in the face. And the final was when he shouted at her to go back to her court and he never want to see her again.

does anyone know what the words in CG’s room are? And what was she writing on the paper?

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Alila N said:

does anyone know what the words in CG’s room are? And what was she writing on the paper? 

The calligraphy on the wall literally means don't do anything. Loosely it means let nature/faith take its course. 

CG kept on writing the character Sun on paper. Basically, she is constantly thinking about him. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Mila said:

I really wanted to get on the computer screen and slap Changge in the face when she threw away all the effort of A´Sun to try to save that general and ended up causing the confusion that led to the death of A´Sun's mother. Changge is very smart, but she is very impulsive. As much as she keeps saying that she didn’t want A´Sun’s help, that he let her do things alone, she was already very close to his group and she didn’t stop to think that her attitudes could not only harm him, but also to harm all the people of the eagle.
However, I think that is how you say it, everything that is happening is part of Changge's character growth. I hope she learns and starts to consider A´Sun more.

imo for now, the eagles are not her priority. they are not really close (even for most of time one of Sun's person got task to tie her up and lock her :sweat_smile:) so for Changge, they are her enemy. the general (gong sung? forget the name) died because he wanted to protect his people, and no matter how many times Sun goes all the way to protect her, it is her people she always put first so I kinda understand her impulsive action to protect her father's friend

and no, she hasn't realized Sun like her. she clearly said to Mimi that Sun only use her. I think it's the same reason why she warned Sun to not only interfere with her business.

anw, they upload until 30 episodes and no direct interaction between Sun and Changge. Kinda boring, but at least we know Changge miss Sun and even dreamed about him :doggie: character development yes.

and now they leave the grassland and move to another place. i will miss Sher. he is cute. a mama's boy and a lovebird for Mimi.

speaking of the trio (leyan and two other boys) I do agree with their story is unaffected to the main plot, yet they add another substory; leyan's brother. idk how the new sub story will connect to the main plot because from what i've watched they are connected to leyan's story. i mean, the previous sub story (the generals) is directly connected to Changge thus it's important to the main plot. there are also 2 new characters (one character makes Sun jealous from the preview lol). They help Changge so I'm sure they are important to the main plot

• Like 4

What makes or breaks a drama whether the story plot holds water going into mid way. CG willful ways despite being a brilliant strategist, and here indifference & disregard for AS predicament, is tuning to be story plot cliche.

Am rooting CG will change. It was riding high all the way up to 24 ... AS, esteemed & calculated general is swayed by woman takes over his better judgment ... typical cliche plot.

25 minutes ago, Ines said:

Am rooting for CG will change. It was riding high all the way up to 24 ... AS, esteemed & calculated general is swayed by woman takes over his better judgment ... typical cliche plot.

AS love is unconditional. An old phrase; “Behind every successful man, there is a woman.” Let’s hope CG is not his weakness and downfall.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Polly said:

The calligraphy on the wall literally means don't do anything. Loosely it means let nature/faith take its course. 

CG kept on writing the character Sun on paper. Basically, she is constantly thinking about him. 

Thanks for the translation. I think they needed time apart especially for CG.

Preview of episodes 27 and 28 with English subtitles

Spoiler

• Like 5

They need time apart...  I believe so too, so that they could reflect on their actions and reactions so far. Clearly ASun like Changge but Changge a bit slow plus with her burden of saving people...

I think by ep 30, after the separation and reflection, she realized it. 

• Like 6

I just love ASun's smile :heart:

in this preview :

Translation by Charmaine :

SY : ChangGe.. That person is..

LY : That person.. That person saved ChangGe in Yuzhou. He is ChangGe's friend.

SY : He saved her?

LY : Yes, he used me to threaten HouDu to save ChangGe from his hand.  No matter who he is, based on the times he's able to save ChangGe in dangerous moments, he's worth the trust.

CG : A Sun

AS : Inside there's an ambush.  Your friend is being captive.  I followed the person trying to catch you to here.  I never thought you are really here.

CG : What about LeYan?

AS : In there is all people from the royal palace.  Don't worry, she will be save.  We should leave this place first.

CG : You don't hate me?

AS : I only hate you leaving without telling me.

AS : Here

CG : What is this place?

AS : LuoYang's most famous brewster.  They won't think of this place.  We are hiding in the most populous place.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 2

Thanks you.. for the translation. 

Does anyone knows whether Shuyu is love rival with ASun or Haoduo? I’m a bit confused.. Some reviewer said Shuyu is fighting with Haoduo to get Leyan.. didn’t Shuyu like Changge?? And treat Leyan as little sister?? So is Shuyu love rival with ASun or Haoduo? 

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, ipohtown said:

Does anyone knows whether Shuyu is love rival with ASun or Haoduo? I’m a bit confused.. Some reviewer said Shuyu is fighting with Haoduo to get Leyan.. didn’t Shuyu like Changge?? And treat Leyan as little sister?? So is Shuyu love rival with ASun or Haoduo? 

Kind of both.

Shuyu is in love with Changge but Changge is not interested in him. Don't think he will ever be a threat to Changge and Sun. Although, I can imagine that Sun won't like it if Shuyu starts to roam around Changge too often.

Leyan has/had a crush on Shuyu but Shuyu has always treated her like his sister. He will continue to treat Leyan nicely (as a sister), which frustrates Haodu. Leyan is slowly developing feelings for Haodu too but she hasn't figured it out yet. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I hope we get more scenes from hao du like when

Spoiler

Leyan asked what happened to the pastries/biscuits(?) he got for her and he said he ate them all. That sort of fun banter between them/him teasing her. 

I also wouldn't have minded a longer time with LCG and the martial artist who saved her in the forest, she seems to recover from arrow shots so quickly! I think it's been about 3x times now. 

16 hours ago, 杨过是大哥哥 said:

finally at around ep26 there is a super fighter

Yeah, I hope we get more awesome fighting scenes, and that the dude sticks around longer. 

• Like 6

I want a green arrow connecting Chang Ge and A´Sun. Get married! :D

Do you think that, in relation to these two, the ending will be happy? I am concerned because I have seen many historical dramas with sad endings. :worried:

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1