[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Long Ballad 長歌行

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, taekwang said:

Oh my god. Instead of airing 2 episodes tonight, it is refreshed up to episode 30!!!! No need to sleep tonight to watch all the newly released episodes !!!!

Where did u watch it? Is it provided with engsub?

2 hours ago, Mila said:

What do you think of Changge's childhood friend? I feel a little sorry for him, because the situations she was angry with him were very complicated.

Regardless whether Hao Du or Wei Shu Yu, both men are equally important characters. Not only for their entanglement with Li Le Yan, but because of the significance of their characters. Wei Shu Yu grew up with both the princesses and he’s in love with Li Chang Ge. But he is unable to protect her because he has the weight of is family on his shoulders. Any missteps will implicates them and his whole family, he’s treading on very thin ice. And this effectively broke them apart. Hao Du, on the other hand only listens to the orders of his adopted father. I believe there is more to Hao Du then a man who only listens to orders. Deep, deep down, he has a conscious and has a heart you can see subtlety in several scenes.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, taekwang said:

Helloooo

it's raw. no subs yet.

just finished binge watch until ep 30..

it's v tear jerking...

If u saw the raw then can u tell me what sun said about changge to she'er in eps 26? when sun want to leave eagle and she'er said its becoz changge,then sun said if he still tegin of eagle then the responsible of eagle is in his hand...but changge?? (At this point I dont know what he said)... So can u explain to me?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ines said:

Regardless whether Hao Du or Wei Shu Yu, both men are equally important characters. Not only for their entanglement with Li Le Yan, but because of the significance of their characters. Wei Shu Yu grew up with both the princesses and he’s in love with Li Chang Ge. But he is unable to protect her because he has the weight of is family on his shoulders. Any missteps will implicates them and his whole family, he’s treading on very thin ice. And this effectively broke them apart. Hao Du, on the other hand only listens to the orders of his adopted father. I believe there is more to Hao Du then a man who only listens to orders. Deep, deep down, he has a conscious and has a heart you can see subtlety in several scenes.

uhm, agree to disagree here, I don’t think either man is important at all lol. Nor is Leiyan, like literally if you cut those 3 out, the story is almost unaffected lol. Like their important can be reduced to about 30mins in total and spread out through the whole drama.

spoiler for these new episodes: tldr: the new episodes has virtually no interaction between our main couples, so don’t need to rush them through lol

Spoiler

Wow, what an intense few episodes regarding the whole rescue a general and leading to Ashu’s mum die! Also lol, it was seriously a pointless rescue that does nothing but leads to dead to a bunch of people and implicate literally everyone!!! 

good thing about the whole event was Chang Ge found out how much she care/love Ashu, and while a bit contrived, they turned my head strong, care for his career to kinda just a love puppy lol! Idk whether I like it or not, because he can’t be all about career/his tribe when that will make those 2 enemies, and his only anchor is gone, and being a general of the opposing faction mean they will always be at odd with each other, so somehow this needs to be resolved. So while that whole bit is fine, I just feel a bit off about the speech at his mum’s body from strive for the best to protect what I love lol (if you know what I mean).

Leo’s acting is quite good, it just so intense! Also this event makes me pity/love the brother. He was good and pitiful, his mum (the actress and character is so good, too). It’s sad to see the end for the brother is one heartbreaking one, maybe not so much to Ashu, but the little khan will possibly lose his anchor if he is to kill Ashu. He’s practically the only family member he has a good interaction with. :persevere:

and yes, it broke our couple apart, and I guess distance make the heart grow fonder. All Chang Ge did after breaking away from Ashu was dreaming non stop about him :lol: anyway, why they release so many episodes at one because our couples literally have zero interaction lol. It was pretty uninteresting! Only get interesting when Ashu walked into her room to find his name is everywhere :lol:

oh I have to say I love his heartbroken scene after spending so much effort to win her back just to have her refused to go back to his side for her silly rescue mission. Again, Leo is solid here.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Ok I'm still on episode 18 but I download until episode 30 now...(I want my HQ when I watch no streaming but on tv)

I will check it because specially episode 23 and 24. Tearing...oh my my. @taekwang thank I will take my box of tissue... btw only because you finish WOH too 

Spoiler

THE CONCERT IS COMING!!! fanmeeting !!!! IN TWO DAY!!! loll for WOH. ONLINE 

Seriously, Wu Lei body....:approves: he did change so much loll I still remember the little from Nirvana in Fire like yesteday omg...

In episode 1, he look really young, maybe because they start filming...dunno which sequence they have done this serie. Now we can see him more mature and i'm not feel too weird now the couple with Reba. They look really good together!!!!

I'm the only one who saw it or not...but CHECK WU LEI EAR EVERYONE...HE ALWAYS RED AND SOOOOO RED WHEN HE ACT WITH REBA. :love: 

I can screenshot all part when Wu Lei look soooo shy ...cute!!

Also Reba....some scene we can see she got also RED EAR....lolll I think she not uneffect from Wu Lei lolll anyway 

From ep 1 to 18. We can see Tegin fall for her without he know and keep want to protect her. Sure like I write before, that isn't like the manhua...he know too fast Changge gender. Changge is still oblivious about his feeling. She still not feel like why woman cannot do a same thing like man. Why woman cannot accomplish a same thing like man. 

I think she need to talk with her uncle, something feel wrong from the story. Her mom write the letter to Li Shimin...I bet it. Now I will like to know if Changge isn't....Li Shimin daugther...hm...(*maybe only my thinking)

the preview when Tegin want to kill his half brother...is intense...GOOD ACTING ..I feel your pain :cry:

Also...I would like to say...THE OPENING...START..look like Princess Agents opening. I mean...a bit...seriously

• Like 4

It's subbed up to 24 on dramacool or other sites. Youtube is just slower since it has the official one I think. HD too. 

Spoiler

Up to there, getting really annoyed with CG at the way she disregards everything to save that General. Pretty much sacrificed everyone else and dragged them all down. She is totally responsible for the death of his mom. Completely tunnel minded and selfish. 

Buuut ... this is good because that means her character can have development and growth.

• Like 4

One thing that I’m curious about is that both Changge and ASun don’t have any love rival. Purely 1v1... pretty good. 

@Alila N I agreed on about the extra time Leyan and the other two men taken from the leads. Without them, it won’t affect the show much. It’s like having two set of people walking their own path at the same time. 

Haoduo does play a minor role in the manga, which is the person who chase and tried to capture Changge, same as the drama. Leyan was not in the manga at all. 

Probably the drama tried to hit all emotional aspect. Which I can understand, the producer wants to attract more viewers. 

with the latest episodes, I can see more of ASun’s character. She’er really brought out the best side of ASun, and kept challenging him. 

finally Changge realized her feelings for ASun... I’m so happy to see that... :heart:

can’t wait to see more lovey dovey scenes from both leads. 

This is so cute... the cow kept interrupting their moments. ^_^

21 minutes ago, Dominique Lola said:

It's subbed up to 24 on dramacool or other sites. Youtube is just slower since it has the official one I think.

Hide contents

Up to there, getting really annoyed with CG at the way she disregards everything to save that General. Pretty much sacrificed everyone else and dragged them all down. She is totally responsible for the death of his mom. Completely tunnel minded and selfish. 

Buuut ... this is good because that means her character can have development and growth.

it’s true. Changge scarifies other for herself which she didn’t realize at all at that time. She was impatient.  I think this is is part of her “growing” self. She will come to realize her mistake. This was mention in one of her Tencent interview recently. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, even so said:

Hi everyone here i've heard the story of le yan and hao du was leaked anyone here knows abt if you do please share it with us

Can you clarify what you mean?

Spoiler

if you mean whether or not it's a happy ending for them, I heard that Zhao Lusi gave a spoiler that there would be an ending with "H" for "HE" during last week's live zoom call with Liu Yuning.

But if you are asking about previews for the more advanced episodes, there are many previews on Youtube you can watch.

Spoiler

14 hours ago, taekwang said:

Oh my god. Instead of airing 2 episodes tonight, it is refreshed up to episode 30!!!! No need to sleep tonight to watch all the newly released episodes !!!!

Aaaaaagh, but I need English subs pleeeeeaaaaaseeeee!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Fenny Liong said:

If u saw the raw then can u tell me what sun said about changge to she'er in eps 26? when sun want to leave eagle and she'er said its becoz changge,then sun said if he still tegin of eagle then the responsible of eagle is in his hand...but changge?? (At this point I dont know what he said)... So can u explain to me?

I try my best to translate. 

Shi er: i didn't hate you at the beginning.. .... ... i tried my best to beat you but i lost to you in everything. .. blah...blah.. i dun really hate you. It's just that I hate myself for not being good enough. It's my persistence grudge that cause us to be in this situation. I admit it's my wrong.

Ah Sun : is this the reason why you save me? (from Khan)

Shi er: if you r not around me, from now onwards, my life will be boring

Ah Sun: dun assume I will be grateful to you. Ah Na's death, I will never forget and forgive u in my life (Ah Na - refers to his foster mother, Ah Yi ah, a female slave who took care of him when he was young)

Shi-er: then u stay here and look for me for revenge

Ah Sun: if I intend to take revenge, you will be dead by now

Shi er: Is Lee ChangGe the reason you are leaving the eagles troop? The entire eagles is not comparable to Lee ChangGe?

Ah Sun : As long as I am Eagle's Ke Qin, i will be responsible for the Eagles. But, for Lee ChangGe, To me, as Ashile Sun, She is more important than my own life. I have to protect her.  when i have safety settle Eagles' matters, I will leave and seek for Lee ChangGe. even if I have to roam the whole world, I will do so until I locate her.

Shi er: Now, I know why i lose to you. 

then Mimi appears with Mu Jin

I usually watch on VIU w eng subs. But was too impatient to know the story.. so I went to binge watch for the raw episodes yesterday. I guess by today, you will get the proper eng subs on some sites

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

anyone knows what's the reason for airing 6 episodes yesterday (wednesday, from ep 25 to 30)) as opposed to releasing 2 episodes every mon-tue-wed? Of course, i am happy there's more episodes released. Just wanted to know if there was a special reason.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, taekwang said:

anyone knows what's the reason for airing 6 episodes yesterday (wednesday, from ep 25 to 30)) as opposed to releasing 2 episodes every mon-tue-wed? Of course, i am happy there's more episodes released. Just wanted to know if there was a special reason.

There is a VVIP that you can purchase in addition to the VIP privilege. So every Wednesdays, Tencent will release additional 6 more episodes with additional cost. 

• Like 2