[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Long Ballad 長歌行

sugarplum892

11 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Now with a heavy heart I should metiontion some personal "cons". I am very, very dissappointed with the male lead Leo Wu. Since the drama started I've read some info re the actor, and it is my understanding he is considered to be some kind of wunderkind in the film industry, but it seems may be it would be harder for him to transfer to adult roles. I feel a bit sorry for Dilraba, because seems like she is doing all the "connection" and "chemistry" stuff for herself and her partner. However, I should admit, they look ok next to each other, so looking forward to the next episodes (to be ,hopefully, proved wrong).

I think the reason why I find it hard to believe his acting is because of how young he looks and the way his body is built. He is pretty small! Slim and thin! Having read the manhua before, he just doesn't fit the character he's portraying. I wished they had a taller, buffer dude playing. Luckily ... he isn't babyfaced. It would be so much worse if he had an idol face or something. He has cheekbones at the very least. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Dominique Lola said:

Anyone know what the update schedule is like for Youtube/International audience? Paused at Episode 6 for a few days now so it's not daily.

It’s supposed to be Monday to Friday, 2 episodes per day. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, anac9 said:

It’s supposed to be Monday to Friday, 2 episodes per day. 

i saw a airing schedule in chinese that mentions it's monday to wednesday 2 episodes uploaded every night. just watched the raw ep 15 and 16. in tonight's new episodes, Lee Chang Ge is now a slave, after she surrendered the head of the general to the khans, in exchange for the condition of no slaughtering of the innocent people of their city.

I feel the main male lead Wu Lei is doing a great job. And I did not realise he is only 21. The make up, long plaited hair, fantastic Mongolian costume with fur and his tall physical built makes him look older than his actual age, and i feel he's compatible with Diliraba, who is 28 now, but looks younger than her age. Her petite size and height at 1.68m, makes her very compatible with him. They look so good together. I am looking forward to the next 2 episodes tmr 

• Like 9

15 hours ago, taekwang said:

i saw a airing schedule in chinese that mentions it's monday to wednesday 2 episodes uploaded every night. just watched the raw ep 15 and 16. in tonight's new episodes, Lee Chang Ge is now a slave, after she surrendered the head of the general to the khans, in exchange for the condition of no slaughtering of the innocent people of their city.

I feel the main male lead Wu Lei is doing a great job. And I did not realise he is only 21. The make up, long plaited hair, fantastic Mongolian costume with fur and his tall physical built makes him look older than his actual age, and i feel he's compatible with Diliraba, who is 28 now, but looks younger than her age. Her petite size and height at 1.68m, makes her very compatible with him. They look so good together. I am looking forward to the next 2 episodes tmr 

Hi, yes, my bad. I found the airing schedule if anyone is interested! ^^ 

24-C75162-242-A-4258-A5-B3-A1-FF065335-F 

• Like 2

I think LeYan's journey helps emphasise the difficult life of the citizens who are not one of the elites- unprotected by bodyguards and who don't have high walls to safeguard them from the horrors of living in a "dog-eat-dog" world. Being kidnapped, human trafficked, and now fending for herself in a town that has been wartorn.... it is a story many in the general public can understand or even personally go through. The injustice of it riles up any normal person. And she cannot fight back, because she is weak, slow and does not know how to fight. Her one goal is survival, and so far, she's still alive. 

Can't wait to see her get rescued by Haodou from this nightmare of a life.... Contrastly, I wonder if Changge becomes the "rescuer" and bring peace to the general public who have to endure this injustice everyday.

I think ZhaoLuShi is doing a great job portraying this character. It is different from her normal happy go lucky mary sue, but it is so much more realistic.

The fact that her character is making so many people agitated means she is doing a great job as an actress as it is provoking emotions.  That is what actors are meant to do. 

19 hours ago, taekwang said:

WuLei is perfect in this!! I'm not sure of other people's thoughts as they watched him grow up on-screen... but I think he acts very masculine... matches the character of AshinaSun who is a general to a tribe of barbarians. 

Besides, in the manga, AshinaSun is supposed to be around only 20 years old, and ChangGe is supposed to be 14! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Enjoying this show. 

hope tonight's 2 episodes will show more hao du and le yan together. Currently, this Haodu x Leyan CP is leading, with more popularity (ranking at no 4, 4 mil votes) than the main leads Chang Ge x Ah Zun (no 5, 2 mil votes). sorry, I do not know how to attach a picture. I have forgotten the steps

Liu Yuning (Hao du) looks very suave and handsome in his modern attire and hairstyle. Was watching his performances as a singer. He sings v well. I think the wardrobe department in this show did not do a good job in his dressing, hair or make up for him. he looks much better in real life.

Zhao lu si as Le yan - i like lusi a lot, maybe have to wait for her character to develop further in this show? 

• Like 5

I've really enjoyed the drama so far and don't know why people are making a big deal about the male lead not looking manly enough or other comments. The fight scenes are amazing and the music is really good. Even though Hao Du appears as the antagonist, I am stunned when his scenes come on. I felt like the scene when he found Changge right before he held her hostage while the male lead held Leyan hostage was stunning to watch. The music and the camera cut had a really nice flow to it. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

just finished watching the 2 new raw episodes. 

it's full of sweetness, full of love. I wish there's more air time cos the scenes are so sweet and romantic.

Ah zun has a date with chang ge.. went to watch the fireflies !!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, taekwang said:

just finished watching the 2 new raw episodes. 

it's full of sweetness, full of love. I wish there's more air time cos the scenes are so sweet and romantic.

Ah zun has a date with chang ge.. went to watch the fireflies !!!

Yes... Yes... 

I Love You Bunny GIF by rabbittobi

I don't really like ZLS so it's quite lucky that I can skip all leyan scenes since they are not that much  (also a bit boring and not really interlaced with the main plot). So far the story is quite picking up nicely and even though they made some changes, it flows well. 

Directing is another story though, all those close ups and motions make my head ache. Hopefully it gets better U_U

• Like 2

Re: when they will find Leyan (may be a spoiler for some?)

Spoiler

Read on youtube that they will only find her in episode 25?! XD

If this is true, i hope we find along the way why Hao Duo came to care so much for her. We need a back story! Hahaha can't wait to see more!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, whiteybao said:

thanks for the tip! Omg now I have to subscribe to another channel. No wonder I couldn’t find it on WeTV here. :ph34r:

You're welcome. You can also find this drama with English subs at Huace Official YouTube Channel and Viki.

• Like 1