[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Long Ballad 長歌行

sugarplum892

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I'll be binge watching when more eps are subbed. :D

Me too, I'm impatient :lol: 

3 hours ago, Jillia said:

I also love the opening OST! I feel like the OST for this drama is well done. :D

:cutekitty:

Same, though Cocoon is definitely my favorite. :D Do you know the title of the opening theme? 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

The actor for the stone-cold underling , he is a popular high-pitched male singer but I have to say he is not suitable for acting as he takes up a spot and isn't "handsome" once all the modern hairstyle is gone. I much prefer to hear him perform via singing.

Don't ban me for saying this , it's not personal attack on the artiste.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

17 hours ago, 杨过是大哥哥 said:

The actor for the stone-cold underling , he is a popular high-pitched male singer but I have to say he is not suitable for acting as he takes up a spot and isn't "handsome" once all the modern hairstyle is gone. I much prefer to hear him perform via singing.

Don't ban me for saying this , it's not personal attack on the artiste.

Liu Yu Ning is really the second male lead!!! I find him better when sing I just love his voice for ''Love and Redemption theme song'' and ''Word of Honor theme song''. Oh I forgot the ending song from ''Legend of Fei'' 

not high pitch...it's Zhou Zhen *Charlie* the high pitch one...Xian Zhan too was there too:partyblob::wub:

Liu Yu Ning x Richie Ren 

credit to the owner 

god his voice...o.m.g I think from myself I click more than hundred time this song. Richie Ren still so good for his song!!! 

Something is wrong when he acting in this drama, his face or color or sweat too much ...dunno..he is soooo HANDSOME when he sing ....

anyway back to the drama. I was hope they have more bickering between Ashina and Changge...they did change a bit the story. They really give a feeling to Changge that she will only thinking of revenge now after Li Shimin kill her family. I feel a bit weird that the actress who was Changge mother...look a bit older than the actor who is Li Shimin..Old lover hm

How Ashina find out Changge be a girl also is really fast, he was already be captivate by her and keep help her ...I'm on episode 10 but was really fast forward. Her childhood lover Shuyu, god da*n how about now to try with the cousine now. Zhao Lu Si did take more screen time sometime, she really really good in her acting!! I feel her pain, about how her father did to Changge family and how she feel she can't help it. She love so much Changge...sigh...

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, miaka fy said:

anyway back to the drama. I was hope they have more bickering between Ashina and Changge...they did change a bit the story. They really give a feeling to Changge that she will only thinking of revenge now after Li Shimin kill her family. I feel a bit weird that the actress who was Changge mother...look a bit older than the actor who is Li Shimin..Old lover hm

How Ashina find out Changge be a girl also is really fast, he was already be captivate by her and keep help her ...I'm on episode 10 but was really fast forward. Her childhood lover Shuyu, god da*n how about now to try with the cousine now. Zhao Lu Si did take more screen time sometime, she really really good in her acting!! I feel her pain, about how her father did to Changge family and how she feel she can't help it. She love so much Changge...sigh...

totally agreed.. they did change the plot a bit. From the novel, Ashina didn’t know Changge is a girl until he brought her back to the grassland. The twist is kind of nice too.. can see the friendship/love blooming between them from the start. 

the rolling off the roof is so sweet. Later, Ashina just standing in front of the door.. I’m wondering what was he thinking??? ^_^

this drama is really heartbreaking.. especially the slaughtering started in ep2. I already started crying.. sniff.. sniff... how many more cries or heartbreaking scenes will there be?? Aiyah...

can’t wait for next week episodes.. does anyone knows how frequent it will be aired? Everyday 2 episodes on weekdays?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 4/1/2021 at 7:03 AM, tulip06 said:

Unpopular opinion: I'm not fond of Dilireba as an actress at all.

BUT, this story looks really good, and Wu Lei is excellent in everything he does.  Plus, there's that a good actor will pull up those opposite, so guess it's worth trying.

Same here. I'm not a fan of Dilireba at all. But this storyline sounds so good. And i want to watch it for zhao lusi. I want to know if zhao lusi is the second female lead and if she would have just as much screen time as Dilireba or not.

I suppose this drama would divide the fandom , mostly because everyone has personal preferences/expectations. As for me, for example, it has many pros and cons.

The story itself is very fresh; cinematography,costumes, action scenes - top-top))).
Dilraba is doing a terrific job, I totally agree with the opinions that her acting skills improved a lot during the last time. I read she at some point was going to refuse the role after reading some comments she was too "modern-looking" for a historical drama. Glad she changed her mind!
I'm very sirprised practically no one is praising the "elders" - Geng Le, Cheng Tai Shen, Tan Jian Chang, Yang Zi Hua and others are a feast for the eyes.
And, certainly, Liu Yu Ning... just no comments, I wonder why he has not so many dramas, he seems to have amazing acting skills and I am looking forward to his character development, I've watched till ep 6, and right now it seems he and Li Shimin are the most intriguing personages.
Now with a heavy heart I should metiontion some personal "cons". I am very, very dissappointed with the male lead Leo Wu. Since the drama started I've read some info re the actor, and it is my understanding he is considered to be some kind of wunderkind in the film industry, but it seems may be it would be harder for him to transfer to adult roles. I feel a bit sorry for Dilraba, because seems like she is doing all the "connection" and "chemistry" stuff for herself and her partner. However, I should admit, they look ok next to each other, so looking forward to the next episodes (to be ,hopefully, proved wrong).
And Alen Fang...I sincerely don't know what happened here, as if he decided to leave his acting skills at home while going to the set. I've always enjoyed his performance, but opposit to Liu Yu Ning he looks emm... not convincing. Hope for his improvement along the way as well.
I deliberately won't comment Zhao Lu Si 's performance, I honestly tried to watch her previous work before (with her as a main lead), but they just were not "my" dramas (plot, characters, everything) and I dropped them. This would be the first drama with her I plan to watch till the end. She has a wonderful partner here, this should help a lot.

• Like 5

Anyone having the impression that the one who saved LeYan from the water when she was younger was Hao Dou and not ShuYu? I keep having this idea that she mistook her saver, but this is baseless xD

Ship is sailing! Wished we had more scenes with Zhao Lusi and Liu Yining! Got so surprised Liu Yining is the one singing the rock ost from Love and redemption! I love that song!!!

Looking forwards to see more of this show!

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

8 hours ago, maryly09 said:

Same here. I'm not a fan of Dilireba at all. But this storyline sounds so good. And i want to watch it for zhao lusi. I want to know if zhao lusi is the second female lead and if she would have just as much screen time as Dilireba or not.

Second female lead, and her character is flimsy. 

I dropped it. The story wasn’t that great. There are other Zhao Lusi shows.

13 hours ago, maryly09 said:

I waited for this show for Zhao Lusi but so far she doesn't get that much screen time. So far I just FF until I see her and Liu Yuning. Her role is different from her other shows so it's interesting to see her acting here. But as to how long I'll stick to this show will depend if her story develops her character more. 

• Like 1