[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Long Ballad 長歌行

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, k8telyn said:

How's everyone?

Preview for Episodes 43-46 Eng subs

Hide contents

wow... w subs !!! love these... thank you for sharing...

so leyan and haodu will have a small private wedding soon ..

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

this is so sweet... 

Spoiler

I really like this Li Jing guy... wish he has more screen time. I really enjoy how he analyze those chess games he and ASun been playing. 

Also, I’m a bit disappointed that there’s no real kissing scenes between Changge and ASun.. really not fair ah.. 

it makes me wonder is it because Wu Lei is a bit young?? That’s why no real kissing scenes... 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Mila said:

Could someone give me spoiler for episode 38?

Hide contents

Could you tell me what happened to the Eagle Division in episode 38? What was Chang Ge and A´Sun’s plan?

Ep 38:Ah sun and Chang Ge plans was to pretend the eagles elite troop all died in the battle with the Mo Bei troops. They pretended to make fake dying sounds to mislead the bear troop (lead by a fat mongolian guy, i can't recall his name). This is to make bear troop leader fall into their trap and be killed by the Mo Bei soldiers. Then Ah sun faked his death. MuJin did this "act", by returning and sending Ah Sun's famous face mask back to the big tent to show Ke-Dun. MuJin was hoping to locate MiMi's younger brother who was held as a hostage by Ke-dun.

hope you enjoy the shows. I think the subs would be out on drama cool or VIU by now.

9 hours ago, adla said:

I watched this just now. Any guesses on whether she will survive? Cause i wouldnt put it past c-drama writers to kill her off!!!

thank you for sharing the previews.. that ke-dun woman is really hateful.. Beginning to like She er a little. by his actions - i am amazed She er tie up with Ah sun to bluff his ah na (mom). their subtle exchange in looking at each other eyes, at the time the two handsome men were both exchanged (hostages). what a scene !!

the thrown candle and fire caused by Ke-dun.. so will ah sun come quickly and rescue chang ge???? any more scenes... 

• Like 4

@Taekwang thank you!

Spoilers from episode 37

Spoiler

It seems that the King of Morbei is not Chang Ge's uncle (I'm not sure, but from what I understand, he is not an uncle). How sad ... However, I think there was no time for them to develop this story, so they must have given up on that.

As for the birds' kiss, I think they must have done so because of the age difference between the actors ...

Kahn all sad because of A´Sun ... He really loves his son ...

Someone told Chang Ge the story of her birth. Is she the emperor's daughter?

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Mila said:

Spoilers from episode 37

Hide contents

It seems that the King of Morbei is not Chang Ge's uncle (I'm not sure, but from what I understand, he is not an uncle). How sad ... However, I think there was no time for them to develop this story, so they must have given up on that.

I wish the producer would make that arc.. When they showed Changge’s hairpin, I thought the producer would make something out of it.. will be nice to see how Changge has ties with the grassland people. This will make her cause for peace between the Tang Dynasty and grassland tribes more worthwhile. 

12 hours ago, taekwang said:

thank you for sharing the previews.. that ke-dun woman is really hateful.. Beginning to like She er a little. by his actions - i am amazed She er tie up with Ah sun to bluff his ah na (mom). their subtle exchange in looking at each other eyes, at the time the two handsome men were both exchanged (hostages). what a scene !!

the thrown candle and fire caused by Ke-dun.. so will ah sun come quickly and rescue chang ge???? any more scenes... 

I felt Sheer’s growth.. he is becoming more and more ‘human’ with emotion rather than full of arrogance with ASun showing/pointing him the right way. Looks like from the ep48 preview, he’ll stop becoming his mom’s puppet. 

Now think about it, all the characters has gone through a series of growth period and becoming more emphatic and heroic in their on way. Of course, only the bad ones stay the same... 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ipohtown said:

it makes me wonder is it because Wu Lei is a bit young?? That’s why no real kissing scenes... 

Don't think age is the issue. Currently, there is a modern drama airing called Rational Life with Dylan Wang and Qin Lan. Dylan is about the same age as Wu Lei but Qin Lan is already 40/41 yo and they have very passionate kissing scenes in that drama. So it's either Wu Lei has a no kissing policy like Ju Jing Yi or the script really doesnt cover kissing scenes for the main leads. I think it's likely the no kiss policy since there are kissing scenes for MMGL and MJ. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, Polly said:

Don't think age is the issue. Currently, there is a modern drama airing called Rational Life with Dylan Wang and Qin Lan. Dylan is about the same age as Wu Lei but Qin Lan is already 40/41 yo and they have very passionate kissing scenes in that drama. So it's either Wu Lei has a no kissing policy like Ju Jing Yi or the script really doesnt cover kissing scenes for the main leads. I think it's likely the no kiss policy since there are kissing scenes for MMGL and MJ. 

Thanks for the insight. That’s explained.. their intimates scenes are really good, at least the producer is making it up for us. 

:loveu:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dymm_amie said:
  Reveal hidden contents

wondering if anyone found the eng sub of leyan confession

I do but I don't have the video extract for that part. Would reading the translations alone be good enough for you? I've typed them down in the spoiler below in case you want to take a peek.

Spoiler

The scene begins with Leyan (LY) entering the chamber where Haodu (HD) was recuperating.

LY: why did you step on the arena?

HD: I don't want the Ashile Clan to look down on us for not having a single worthy combatant. (then trails off to awkward silence which betrays his true, hidden intention)

LY: So you're no different from Shuyu after all. You both chose to step up for Great Tang's reputation, and not because of me, don't you? (stands up). Hao Du, as for Great Tang's reputation, I, Leyan myself shall find a way to save it. I don't need either of your help. (turns and walks away)

HD: (stands up) No, actually I ... I just don't want to see you in misery, or to see you forced into a marriage with someone you don't love.

LY: This was a martial competition to win the decree anyway, regardless who was going to be the winner, I would still have to marry him. Now that you've won the match, the decree must be honoured and I will have to marry you. Do you really think ... do you really think you're the one I have feelings for?

HD: I know whom you have on your mind. Please have no fear, the result of this match is not valid. I am going to beg the His Majesty tomorrow myself (for an annulment). 

LY (visibly disappointed): So you have never once thought of marrying me.

HD: I'm just a lowly guard, how dare I dream of something so far-fetching?

LY: Why do you always seem to tread on eggshells around me? Undoubtedly you can achieve greater things, why do you have to risk your life for me by taking part in the combat?

HD: Because you're worth it. But (looks down dejectedly) ... I'm not worthy.

LY: Do you wish to know how I see you as a person?

(both sits down and she starts her confession/ monologue)

The first time I saw you, to me you were like an iceberg. You had a cold exterior, and seemed cold deep down too. Hence I grew frightened of you. I dared not, and wished not to be close to you. And then, seeing you so hellbent on killing Changge, I came to loathe you. I thought I had been wrong, that it wasn't your heart that was cold, but rather you were heartless all along (he turns away, apparently heartbroken at her words). But then ... after I had weathered all the way to Luoyang as a fugitive, it was you who saved me. That moment when you held me in your arms and said you would take me back home, all my fear for you dissipated. I even let myself grow more dependent* on you (*this word in Chinese has a much stronger meaning than just dependent - it implies she knows she always has him by her side and relies on him to the point that she would have trouble living without him in her life. This has him turn to look at her in dawning realisation) I started to feel your warmth. Only when I was with you did I feel safe and serene. Actually I have come to learn, that lots of what you did was not what you truly wanted, and lots of what you said was not what you truly meant. Hao Du, you are actually a good person, only you like to hide your true feelings. (He looks away) You put yourself in difficult positions, just so you can please others. Today on the arena, when I saw you getting beaten times and again, I was so frightened. Because I was so afraid I would never be able to see you again (this has him look at her again, visibly and speechlessly touched). That thought of never being able to see you again makes me ... (chokes on tears) Now let me ask you one last time, why did you step up on that arena?

HD: I did so because I didn't want to see you in misery, and because I want to earn this chance for myself once...

LY: Earn the chance for what?

HD: Her Highness, you used to tell me you were of royal descent, and that I should therefore keep you safe and sound. I've always been protecting you as your personal guard, but in the future ...

LY: In the future ... and?

HD: In the future ... (grabs her shoulders) I want to protect you as your husband.

(It's her turn to be completely stunned by his eruptive confession. He mistakes her bashful reaction to be one of discomfort, so he quickly releases her)

LY: (stutters) Why are you suddenly so ... daring?

HD: My apologies, Her Highness. Please pretend I haven't said anything.

LY: (panics) You haven't said anything? Are you trying to cheat your way out of this?

HD: No, that's not what I ... I don't mean to ... (winces in pain)

LY: I've told you not to ... You should take good care of yourself. If you're not careful and if the wounds leave any side effects, how can you protect me later on?

(Then HD can no longer contain his emotions and pulls her in for a tight embrace. He holds her even more tightly when she gently hugs him back, almost suffocating her. LY lets out a small grunt so HD lets go of her)

LY: You're supposed to be gravely injured. Why do you still have so much strength? You almost suffocated me.

HD: I'm not sure myself what has happened to me. Hearing you say those words I suddenly feel well again.

(And then LY asks him to accompany her to the cotton field because they haven't been back there for quite some time, and he offers her his hands and says he'll take her no matter where she wants to go, and that's the end of the scene and now I'm here a puddle of mush again for these two I'm sorry for the babbling on my part T_T)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2

16 hours ago, dymm_amie said:
  Hide contents

wondering if anyone found the eng sub of leyan confession

Yes, many links here.  Note there are major spoilers for next week's episodes.

2 hours ago, elsanna said:

Which episode is the confession:sparklyeyes:

Episode 42.  Posting above has subbed video from @drama_queen_updates on instagram if you want major spoilers.

• Like 3

Guys, i'm having such a blast with the loveline development btw Leyan and HaoDu! Can't wait to see more of them. Found some cute clips fanvids, thought it would be nice to share with you ^_^

Cr. To rightful owners

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

did they cut the part when shuyu ask changge not to be friends with ah sun on ep 39? i saw the clip on youtube and got confused. i prefer the preview. when shuyu told changge not to be friend with ashila clan, ah sun trying to calm himself down. you can hear how he took a deep breath:evillaugh:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, annaR said:

did they cut the part when shuyu ask changge not to be friends with ah sun on ep 39? i saw the clip on youtube and got confused. i prefer the preview. when shuyu told changge not to be friend with ashila clan, ah sun trying to calm himself down. you can hear how he took a deep breath:evillaugh:

i don’t think so.. the scene happen after the Changge and ASun bumped into Shuyu when they went to see the Mobei king in the throne room. 

On 4/28/2021 at 12:02 AM, Polly said:

It could also be because of the covid? In the bts, dilraba sometimes wears a mask, maybe she isn't comfortable kissing in a pandemic?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1