[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Long Ballad 長歌行

sugarplum892

The mv for the 3rd OST is out "If You Come Back".  Beautiful one!

6 hours ago, ipohtown said:

Some insight/speculation...

This speculation is interest.

Spoiler

According to Wikipedia,  there's a rival plotting against both the Tang and Qaghan. The rival started emerging in the later episodes like around 27-30.

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

21 hours ago, ipohtown said:

Thanks you.. for the translation. 

Does anyone knows whether Shuyu is love rival with ASun or Haoduo? I’m a bit confused.. Some reviewer said Shuyu is fighting with Haoduo to get Leyan.. didn’t Shuyu like Changge?? And treat Leyan as little sister?? So is Shuyu love rival with ASun or Haoduo? 

he kinda in love with the idea of them being happy together before the whole things happened. I think to him, they are best friend and family, and yes, CG is a little bit more than LY, but he loves them both. SY is a love rival to none lol.

19 hours ago, airgreen said:

I hope we get more scenes from hao du like when

Hide contents

Leyan asked what happened to the pastries/biscuits(?) he got for her and he said he ate them all. That sort of fun banter between them/him teasing her. 

I also wouldn't have minded a longer time with LCG and the martial artist who saved her in the forest, she seems to recover from arrow shots so quickly! I think it's been about 3x times now. 

Yeah, I hope we get more awesome fighting scenes, and that the dude sticks around longer. 

lol, yea, that arrow grazed on her forehead, little magically vanish within 2 days xD firs bandage was the black one, second was green, after the green one, it’s completely gone! Magical medicine the grassland people used! :scream:  

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, smhelen said:

I am really disappointed I have to wait for the four episodes until Monday. I can hardly wait. 

Same here.. I'm just re-watching over and over again. LOL..

I found this and apparently Dilreba and Leo made an advertisement for Bazaar last year... like a short clip. Beautiful!

1 hour ago, Alila N said:

lol, yea, that arrow grazed on her forehead, little magically vanish within 2 days xD firs bandage was the black one, second was green, after the green one, it’s completely gone! Magical medicine the grassland people used! :scream:  

Haha... magic of the MOVIE..   k-pop magic GIF

On 4/15/2021 at 5:44 PM, morningdew said:

I just love ASun's smile :heart:

in this preview :

YES... I love his smile too... like a little boy who just his candy back.  :hooray2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

7 hours ago, ipohtown said:

Same here.. I'm just re-watching over and over again. LOL..

I found this and apparently Dilreba and Leo made an advertisement for Bazaar last year... like a short clip. Beautiful!

Haha... magic of the MOVIE..   

YES... I love his smile too... like a little boy who just his candy back.  :hooray2:

superlike =)

after binge watching all the available episodes.. now it's a long wait until Monday.

Is there any new previews available for Ep 37 onwards ?

What do u watch in the interim while waiting ??

Edited by SC2019
Please do not quote pictures/videos when you reply! TQ.
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, taekwang said:

superlike =)

after binge watching all the available episodes.. now it's a long wait until Monday.

Is there any new previews available for Ep 37 onwards ?

What do u watch in the interim while waiting ??

i don’t think there’s any more previews after ep 37. 

Normally I lurks around weibo and Twitter. Reading/watching snippets. I love especially the love dovey moments between CG and AS.  :love:

I skip most of the teary part.. I can’t handle much, I too cried with them.  :cry:

I’m half way through Word Of Honor. Maybe continue on... But I can stop rewatching Changge again and again ah... Dilemma... 

how about you?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, ipohtown said:

i don’t think there’s any more previews after ep 37. 

Normally I lurks around weibo and Twitter. Reading/watching snippets. I love especially the love dovey moments between CG and AS.  :love:

I skip most of the teary part.. I can’t handle much, I too cried with them.  :cry:

I’m half way through Word Of Honor. Maybe continue on... But I can stop rewatching Changge again and again ah... Dilemma... 

how about you?

Hi hi ipohtown, I completed word of honor. It’s v v good. Love gong Jun and zhang zhehan. But I hated the ending. It have to end in that way because it’s a guy to guy love. Homo situation which is taboo and will be censored. Fortunately , there’s a v v sweet bonus video which was made for the fans as the actual ending.. so I have accepted it.

Won’t go into details so as not to spoil for u.

besides AS and LCG CP, I like the second pairing CP. Liu yuning and Zhao lusi. I think their bts snipplets are just hilarious as both of them are really comical n funny.

• Like 3

Eng sub preview of episodes 29, 31-33 and 35

Various short Eng sub clips - Episodes 25, 27, 28 and 29

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 3

Spoiler

The fright that Dilraba took ...

What are they using this doll for? Who will be the baby?

Do you remember having seen A´Sun in this outfit? I do not remember. I think it's some eposodes that are yet to be released.

• LOL 5

On 4/15/2021 at 8:13 PM, ipohtown said:

Does anyone knows whether Shuyu is love rival with ASun or Haoduo? I’m a bit confused.. Some reviewer said Shuyu is fighting with Haoduo to get Leyan.. didn’t Shuyu like Changge?? And treat Leyan as little sister?? So is Shuyu love rival with ASun or Haoduo? 

I am wondering about Hhaoduo - he is somewhat brutal, ruthless in his actions and at first I think LeYan was turned off by him.. she is definitely his opposite and opposites attract.  ASun is a more gentle person, but he loves Changge - wondering about him shooting that arrow at her - if he knew it would not be fatal?

I justed binged on viki the first 24 episodes with English subs. I very rarely get to this point in a C-drama w/o being bored for a moment or w/o not liking one of the female or male leads. In this one, I like them all. Fantastic chemistry.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, k8telyn said:

Eng sub preview of episodes 29, 31-33 and 35

Hide contents

Various short Eng sub clips - Episodes 25, 27, 28 and 29

Hide contents

Thank you so much!  I can't get enough of HaoYan couple!!!

• Like 5

Idk if this was posted before but lmaooo. They are sooooo funny. WSY has no chance at all :joy: Princess and HD all the waaaay ..

A lovely soul translated it in the comments...

On 4/16/2021 at 3:13 AM, ipohtown said:

In Happy Camp he introduced his role as HD love rival. I guess bc LY liked him before getting interested in HD. Anyway, I think SY himself is more into CG    Honestly he has no chance with neither of them lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, Zay❤️ said:

In Happy Camp he introduced his role as HD love rival. I guess bc LY liked him before getting interested in HD. Anyway, I think SY himself is more into CG    Honestly he has no chance with neither of them lol

Poor Shuyu.. he has no one even though he worked so hard... :(

Big eye opener :smiley:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

I just finished ep 24 and finally feeling the chemistry between the leads, Leo is better than I initially expected. Ugh no more ep with Eng subs. I will have to wait to watch next weekend. 

Spoiler

Leyan’s story line is crawling by sooooooo slow tho.! HD better find her sooon and save XW. Don’t want another boy to die too soon! 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, Yinye said:

I just finished ep 24 and finally feeling the chemistry between the leads, Leo is better than I initially expected. Ugh no more ep with Eng subs. I will have to wait to watch next weekend. 

this is my first time watching Leo Wu acting. At first I was bit skeptical about the age difference but I was surprised by his acting skills. I just found out that he was acting since young.  Anyway, he nailed every one of it. His crying/emotional scene was too much for me... he is so good... 

Also, the chemistry between them is so awesome!! 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

I had the same impression. When they first released the news and posters. I was sceptical about the Dileraba and Wu Lei pairing. Thought they didn't look visually compatible in the photos. But glad it turned out great. It helps that the main leads are good actors and the story line is tight and engaging. I've also never seen Liu Yuning before and thought he was just plain looking initially, but he is another one that slowly grows on you through his convincing acting. I'm now totally hooked. Apart from some clichés (like Changge and Sun always 'accidentally' bumping into each other) this drama has been one of the better historical romance drama. 

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 4
  • Blob 1

On 4/18/2021 at 10:17 AM, maddymappo said:

- wondering about him shooting that arrow at her - if he knew it would not be fatal?

you meant the one where ASun shot her at the top of the fortitude walls? By the sound of his strategist, he planned that risky move, to show he’s impartial, while taking out of CG (she’s injured so she won’t be continue fighting). Because his bowl skill is very good, he knew where he should be shooting, but he still has doubts and worries whether he shot the right areas

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, Alila N said:

you meant the one where ASun shot her at the top of the fortitude walls? By the sound of his strategist, he planned that risky move, to show he’s impartial, while taking out of CG (she’s injured so she won’t be continue fighting). Because his bowl skill is very good, he knew where he should be shooting, but he still has doubts and worries whether he shot the right areas

i meant Wei Shuyu shooting at CG when she was on the bridge and fell into the river

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

i meant Wei Shuyu shooting at CG when she was on the bridge and fell into the river

Oh him, no, he shot it due to the pressure of proving himself not being CG’s side so as to not implicate his family, and that’s why she doesn’t like him essentially. To her, that was a great betrayal, as much as she understood why he did it, it created a crack that could never be healed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1