[Drama 2022-2023] Missing: The Other Side 2, 미씽: 그들이 있었다 2

0ly40

@joccu, yep, it was sad. I used to watch Ghost Whisperer back-to-back episodes on Saturdays and this kind of reminds me of that. I used to bawl my eyes out with that show. I saw the RAW last episode for this show and at the end, did they show that some kids has another Missing place besides the one where Wook and Mr. Jang stays? It looked that way.

Anyway, I’m waiting for subs but I’ve got to say that I admire OCN shows. They keep it real. We have a lot of sadness in the final episode but the show writers didn’t break the rules they set. Only dead people appear in the village through the light entrance. There’s no loop hole. The rule applies to every person who enters that way. So I’m glad they stuck to that rule. I’m also glad that Jong Ah didn’t turn out to be Mr. Jang’s kid. Only in drama shows that kind of thing happens and the writers chose not to do that but aim for something more realistic. My hats off to them. It was a melancholic and touching show.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

For those of you who are super smart, can you explain to me two non-speaking scenes forward the end.

The first one is with Thomas, what room did he enter and why the smirk.

Girl looking at old guy, runs under a bridge, is this another portal like the one in the village. And why bother to show us this if this is the end. Could it be that there's other 'villages" out there where his little girl could be, waiting to be found.

• Like 2

@brooksmom, I think that's what they implied. Hyun Ji was in another "village" - which could be an explanation for the reason why she was unfound, but not in the village.  After she goes under the bridge, the girl tells the other kids that she saw Hyun Ji's dad. I don't understand why they were able to see the girl, but their "ability" to see the village disappeared. I tell myself that it is a drama and not everything has to make sense - and I am not super smart. :)

By the way, @Blizzardistkaputt, I remember that in one of last week's episodes Thomas mentioned his real name, and it wasn't Ahn Jung-geun, the name of Thomas Ahn. I don't remember what the name was, but I remember thinking that not even the last name matched.

@hugo10, it looks like Thomas "fixed" his hair in order to match the theme of the cafe (Hawaii). All Korean Catholic Christians have foreign baptism names (I remember reading somewhere that Lee Dong Gun's baptism name is Emmanuel). They are mainly saints' names and, while some of them are Italian, some other are English. Some examples from other dramas are Yoo Yeon Seok's family in Hospital Playlist or the priests/ nun in The Fiery Priest.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, joccu said:

Today was the finale episode. I still have to watch the finale with subs but this drama was in some way really sad. I don´t think i have cried this much in k-dramas in awhile. :bawling:

i really loved this. Even thought it was sad.!  :wub: :bawling:

Yeah I havent cried so much in a while, this show really made me cry every episode especially the recent ones. I love it, one of the best K-dramas in 2020.

6 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Anyway, I’m waiting for subs but I’ve got to say that I admire OCN shows. They keep it real. We have a lot of sadness in the final episode but the show writers didn’t break the rules they set. Only dead people appear in the village through the light entrance. There’s no loop hole. The rule applies to every person who enters that way. So I’m glad they stuck to that rule. I’m also glad that Jong Ah didn’t turn out to be Mr. Jang’s kid. Only in drama shows that kind of thing happens and the writers chose not to do that but aim for something more realistic. My hats off to them. It was a melancholic and touching show.

Yes I am glad Choi YN is not alive as some people here predicted. They stick to the rules and made things logical. I was so worried she becomes alive suddenly and spoiled everything.

6 hours ago, brooksmom said:

For those of you who are super smart, can you explain to me two non-speaking scenes forward the end.

The first one is with Thomas, what room did he enter and why the smirk.

Girl looking at old guy, runs under a bridge, is this another portal like the one in the village. And why bother to show us this if this is the end. Could it be that there's other 'villages" out there where his little girl could be, waiting to be found.

I am not super smart but here are my deductions. Thomas probably smirked coz he was surprised they managed to find his body after so many years.

As for the kids under the bridge, yeah it should be showing that Hyun-ji had been staying with them all these while in another village.

5 hours ago, Hannahmiriam said:

@brooksmom, I think that's what they implied. Hyun Ji was in another "village" - which could be an explanation for the reason why she was unfound, but not in the village.  After she goes under the bridge, the girl tells the other kids that she saw Hyun Ji's dad. I don't understand why they were able to see the girl, but their "ability" to see the village disappeared. I tell myself that it is a drama and not everything has to make sense - and I am not super smart. :)

By the way, @Blizzardistkaputt, I remember that in one of last week's episodes Thomas mentioned his real name, and it wasn't Ahn Jung-geun, the name of Thomas Ahn. I don't remember what the name was, but I remember thinking that not even the last name matched.

@hugo10, it looks like Thomas "fixed" his hair in order to match the theme of the cafe (Hawaii). All Korean Catholic Christians have foreign baptism names (I remember reading somewhere that Lee Dong Gun's baptism name is Emmanuel). They are mainly saints' names and, while some of them are Italian, some other are English. Some examples from other dramas are Yoo Yeon Seok's family in Hospital Playlist or the priests/ nun in The Fiery Priest.

I was thinking maybe the reason why they could see the girl is because the kids somehow found a loophole to leave the village, and once they leave it, living people could see them. The reason why those in the original village could not be seen is because they did not manage to find the way to leave the village.

And I am glad they even remembered to explain Thomas's blonde hair as some of us had been wondering earlier.

• Insightful 2

“Missing: The Other Side” Ends On Highest Ratings Of Any OCN Drama This Year 

OCN’s “Missing: The Other Side” has ended with a bang!

On October 11, the series finale of the mystery-fantasy drama starring Go Soo and Ahn So Hee achieved the highest viewership ratings of any OCN original series in 2020.

According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of “Missing: The Other Side” scored an average nationwide rating of 4.8 percent and a peak of 5.2 percent, marking not only a new personal record for the drama, but also a new record for all OCN dramas released this year.

The finale of “Missing: The Other Side” also continued the drama’s streak of performing well with the key demographic of viewers ages 25 to 49, among whom it scored an average rating of 3.5 percent and a peak of 3.7 percent nationwide.

Are you sad to see “Missing: The Other Side” come to an end? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1430989wpp/missing-the-other-side-ends-on-highest-ratings-of-any-ocn-drama-this-year-homemade-love-story-hits-new-all-time-high

• Love 2

I just can say the last eps was too sad. It so sad to say goodbye. I thought ajushi would find Hyunji lives in Duon village just before they found Hyunji's body. But sadlyyy noooo..

We all knew that everyone in Duon has died but still, but this last eps was really sad. Wook and ajushi can not see the village and help the remaining villagers anymore.

And that last scene where the kids played together, it was a jawdropping scene! I the portal works for every soul in a village, then the soul can comeout to the real world!

Anyway I'm glad to watch this drama. I just started without any expectation. I didn't anticipate this drama. I didn't even know this drama until it was airing. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Bravo! For 12 episodes, Missing:The Other Side consistently delivered on all fronts - narratively and performance wise - every single episode keeping me invested emotionally... breaking my heart, putting a smile on my face, and I find myself dragging my feet more and more as we approach the finale, so not willing to leave this universe and the characters that I have come to love.

There is no happy ending, no last minute miraculous reprieve, and so it should be. The moment JPS realises he could no longer see the village and what that means was such a difficult scene to watch - his long awaited closure after so many years, yet so tragically poignant because to the end, he never got to see Hyun Ji even once... he who has the gift of seeing those who had passed on. The cruel irony that she was in another village like Duon, one he had no access to despite his gift, thus never having even that one moment of saying goodbye is devastating. I grieve most for him.. and his raw, anguished sobs as he rips down the maps, flyers - everything that had been the core of his existence all those years, knowing now that the search is over, and the child he hoped to bring to his wife, is already dead.

In that sense, I feel that KW is far more blessed, able to recognise his mother in Duon, and have that final goodbye. Even so, he too broke my heart the moment he cried like a child in front of his mother, asking her forgiveness for resenting her all this while and losing his temper before that. I felt it was cathartic for the boy who, left alone to fend for himself, had to grow up too soon and be self-sufficient. So at the end of 27 years, he could once more be like that 7 year old boy in front of his mother once more as mother and son finally let down their defenses before each other and begin to heal

Likewise, SJH never got to see CYN one last time though he would, through KW hear her final words to him. It was heartbreaking, especially when he realises his identity is the cause of her death. However, her acceptance, and ultimately his, of what fate has dealt them, and the conscious decision to move on is a poignant reminder that he, having found her, has to accept her loss and move on with his life, though he would always carry her in his heart. 

Unlike the habitual darkness of its predecessors, this OCN drama has a perfect balance of sunshine and rawness about it - beautifully dealing with the topic of loss in all forms while leaving us with enough hope to know that there is life and hope after loss. I love how we have closure for every single character, both in the land of the living, and in Duon, despite the pain of separation that ultimately still comes. I am especially glad that Thomas whom even KW has given up hope on upon realising the inaccessible location of his body, finally gains his reprieve from Duon, after he is left all alone with the rest of the inhabitants' physical remains finally found and justice served. It is so good to see the establishing of the Four Musketeers at the end, knowing that our ragtag team is still intact even when they no longer have access to Duon. And that ending with the girl whom they both could see, her companions and the portal to yet another village, leaves us with just enough hope that perhaps, perhaps, we will be reunited with our favourite team again after all, in hopefully a not too distant future. 

For the last time, the BTS of the last 2 episodes...

And the 4th OST... 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Exclusive: “Missing: The Other Side” Lead Actors Dish On Acting In Fantasy Thriller, Mood On Set, And More

Oct 13, 2020
by U. Kim

If you’re feeling sad that OCN’s “Missing: The Other Side” is already over, we’ve got something for you!

“Missing: The Other Side” is a mystery-fantasy drama about a conman named Kim Wook (Go Soo) who stumbles across a village inhabited by the souls of the dead who went missing while they were alive. He teams up with a mysterious guardian (Heo Joon Ho) to uncover the village’s dark secrets and put the souls of the missing to rest. A member of Kim Wook’s team, Lee Jong Ah (Ahn So Hee) is a civil servant by day and a brilliant hacker by night.

Go Soo, Ahn So Hee and Heo Joon answered some of Viki and Soompi’s questions about how it felt to act in “Missing: The Other Side,” working with each other, their personal preferences, and much more. Read on to find out what they said!

Spoiler

Missing-The-Other-Side.jpg

What was the most difficult part about playing your role? Was there anything you had to pay special attention to as you were acting?

Go Soo: The character Kim Wook has the special ability to see souls. It was harder than I thought to show the process in which he comes to accept that what he sees in front of him are souls and not things that exist physically. Kim Wook meets various people and is at the center of those characters, so I thought that his communication with and reactions to those characters were important. That’s why I focused on my reactions to the other characters as I was acting. I had to react to the stories of each of the characters, so you’ll be able to see Kim Wook’s humane side.

Ahn So Hee: There isn’t much information on hackers, so I looked for shows about hacking or videos and lectures about it to study for my role as a hacker. Jong Ah is also good at games in addition to dealing with the computer. There’s a scene where she plays PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds at an internet café, so I went to an internet café nearby to practice and searched for videos of gamers.

Heo Joon Ho: Because I’m speaking to and dealing with souls, which I’ve never seen or experienced, every scene is difficult. I’m relying completely on the writer’s script and the director’s direction to create the scenes. I was most worried about whether I’d be able to create a bond of sympathy with the viewers.

go-soo.jpg

While filming, when did you feel the most proud?

Go Soo: I feel proud when the filming set is operating well. When the set is enjoyable and fun, as I focus on my character in each scene, I sometimes get the feeling that I’m “riding” on the role. Not only the actors, but also the staff accumulate positive energy. As time passes, we trust and rely on one another more, so the filming and the post-production turns out even better than I had imagined. That makes me feel proud.

Ahn So Hee: Whenever someone tells me that Jong Ah making her appearance makes the set brighter and more fresh both on and off camera, I feel thankful and proud.

Heo Joon Ho: Because I’m an actor, it’s when I get a clear “okay” sign [from the director] on set. It’s the same for this drama.

heo-joon-ho-2.jpg

Is there anything new you learned about your co-stars while working with them?

Go Soo: It’s not something new I learned, but all of us who have different values, have come together and are creating synergy. I’m meeting a lot of actors for the first time through this project, like Song Geon Hee, Seo Eun Soo, and Ha Jun. At first, they might have felt uncomfortable because I’m a senior in acting, but now, they approach me comfortably and like me, so I like that.

Ahn So Hee: I felt once more that whenever Go Soo approaches acting or thinks about others, he’s very sensitive and considerate.

Heo Joon Ho: I’m so honored to have met all of the actors in “Missing.” Everyone is so nice and hard-working that I head to the filming set in a good mood every day.

What other role in the drama would you like to try out?

Go Soo: I’d like to try playing the cafe owner role. Like the line in a poem that goes, “Love is to spare time for someone,” I’d like to be a cafe owner like Thomas Cha, providing a comfortable space to people and sparing my time for them.

Ahn So Hee: I want to try the role of a con artist because it would allow me to experience various kinds of professions and show my many sides.

Heo Joon Ho: I like my character Jang Pan Seok the most. I don’t want any other role.

Spoiler

ahn-so-hee.jpg

If the ability to see souls existed, would you want it or would you pretend it didn’t exist?

Go Soo: Pretend it didn’t exist.

Ahn So Hee: Pretend it didn’t exist.

Heo Joon Ho: I don’t know.

If you could change the past, would you change it or not?

Go Soo: I would not change it.

Ahn So Hee: I would change it.

Heo Joon Ho: I would not change it.

Spoiler

heo-joon-ho.jpg

Latte vs. Americano

Go Soo: Americano.

Ahn So Hee: Americano.

Heo Joon Ho: That’s a hard one….

What is your favorite English word?

Go Soo: Air.

Ahn So Hee: Love.

Heo Joon Ho: Jesus.

Where would you like to travel to?

Go Soo: Taiwan.

Ahn So Hee: New York.

Heo Joon Ho: The situation is not good now, so I can’t think of any place. Haha.

Please share a message to the drama’s global fans!

Go Soo: The many actors and staff members of our drama came together and worked hard on it. I hope you find consolation as well as laughter through the drama and relax as you enjoy it. Thank you.

Ahn So Hee: I’m excited to finally greet you with a new drama, and I’m happy to be part of a project that brings smiles and warmth to viewers during a difficult time. Please enjoy it comfortably.

Heo Joon Ho: Take care of your health. I believe the coronavirus will go away soon. When you’re bored at home, please pass time with “Missing.” It’ll be fun. ^^

https://www.soompi.com/article/1431049wpp/exclusive-missing-the-other-side-lead-actors-dish-on-acting-in-fantasy-thriller-mood-on-set-and-more

Heo Joon-ho on "Missing: The Other Side", "Thank You for Your Love and Support"

photo1249281.jpg

Heo Joon-ho maintained a dignified performance in "Missing: The Other Side" until the end.

OCN original drama "Missing: The Other Side" ended last week and Heo Joon-ho's performance left a mark in the hearts of viewers. In the final episode, Jang Pan-seok (Heo Joon-ho) looked for his missing daughter Hyun-ji until the end but faced a dead-end and exploded with emotions he had bottled up until the end.

The reality of the truth was so cruel to Jang Pan-seok as he had hoped to find out if she was dead or alive or even to find her dead body. The culprit was caught but he died without announcing the whereabouts of Hyun-ji's body. Not being able to do anything, Jang Pan-suk broke down.

However, thanks to the people around him who returned his good favors, he was able to find her remains and Village Duon became a past to him. He then joined Kim Wook (Go Soo) and Lee Jong-ah (Ahn So-hee) who were there by his side when he needed the most help and started a new life.

Heo Joon-ho excited viewers in each episode, going back and forth mystery to human drama to comedy, crossing boundaries of genre.

After the final filming, Heo Joon-ho said, "I want to thank the viewers of "Missing: The Other Side". The last is always disappointing but this drama has truly caused a ring in my heart and I am going to miss it. I don't want to part with anyone of the staff as they are such lovely people and I thank them for such hard work. It has been an honor and thank you".

https://www.hancinema.net/heo-joon-ho-on-missing-the-other-side-thank-you-for-your-love-and-support-145948.html

Edited by MinLyn
Please put more than 3 pics in spoiler tags. Thanks.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Watched the last two episodes. Sobbed madly.

I watched the final episode with a "WHAT? Is there a Season 2?"

And mysterious Thomas who went into that room. Is he moving on (to another realm) or is he moving on (to another village)

When KW and MrJang saw the little girl, I had hope that it meant they could still see spirits and continue helping these lost souls.

OCN Jjang!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This news of 2nd season being in the works has me all excited! Please let it materialise with the same cast and crew!

“Missing: The Other Side” Confirms Season 2 Is In The Works

“Missing: The Other Side” Confirms Season 2 Is In The Works

Apr 16, 2021
by E. Cha

A second season of OCN’s “Missing: The Other Side” is officially in the works!

On April 15, the producers of the hit 2020 drama confirmed, “It’s true that we are in the midst of preparations for Season 2 of ‘Missing: The Other Side.’ However, the direction of the story and the casting has not yet been decided. The production is also not yet set in stone.”

Although the producers warned that they are merely in the planning stages for a potential second season, the chief producer (CP) of “Missing: The Other Side” previously revealed last year that they were already in talks to return for another season when Season 1 wrapped up in October 2020.

“Missing: The Other Side” is a mystery-fantasy drama about a village inhabited by the souls of people who went missing while they were alive. The first season starred Go Soo as Kim Wook, a talented con artist who could talk his way out of anything, and Ahn So Hee as Lee Jong Ah, a brilliant civil servant leading a double life as a hacker.

Are you hoping for a second season of “Missing: The Other Side”?

cr. Soompi

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 1 year later...

Season 2 airs next month... can't wait!

Go Soo, Heo Joon Ho, Lee Jung Eun, And More Return To Save Souls Again In “Missing: The Other Side 2”

Go Soo, Heo Joon Ho, Lee Jung Eun, And More Return To Save Souls Again In “Missing: The Other Side 2”

Nov 17, 2022
by AliG

Two new posters for the second season of “Missing: The Other Side” have been released!

“Missing: The Other Side” is a mystery fantasy drama set in a village inhabited by the souls of people who went missing while they were alive. There, a group of people search for missing bodies and try to discover what happened to each of them.

The first poster shows Kim Wook (Go Soo), Jang Pan Seok (Heo Joon Ho), Kang Eun Sil (Lee Jung Eun), Lee Jong Ah (Ahn So Hee), Oh Il Yong (Kim Dong Hwi), and Shin Joon Ho (Ha Joon) standing before a tall and rather mysterious tree as they watch children play beneath its branches, the sky turned into a mural of flaming oranges and soft pinks as the sun sets.

missing-the-other-side-2-1.jpeg

The second poster evokes slightly different emotions, the bright light of the shining sun replaced by the pitch black of night with only the flickering flames of a small fire there to illuminate the darkness. The fire is a very important symbol, as it is considered to be a very important symbol in comforting those who have gone missing. The line, “Once again meeting those who have disappeared,” is present on both posters.

missing-the-other-side-2-2.jpeg

The new season is set to premiere in December.

cr. Soompi